Chapter 4: Bruises

//// WARNING : Alright, guys. Before we start this chapter, I just wanted to let you know that there is a sexually abusive scene in this chapter. So just as a forewarning, it will be towards the end of Larken's Memory. It's small and doesn't include that many details, but if you would like to skip past it, you can.

That's all I really had to say, so let's get into the story! ///////

Larken's POV

I heard a loud burst of men's drunken laughter come from the kitchen and immediately knew not to leave my room. Rhett hosts a poker game about once every two weeks with his friends while they all drink. Today was that day, and I dreaded every minute of it.

An angry shout came from downstairs, "LARKEN! GET DOWN HERE AND GET THESE BOYS SOME DRINKS!"

I shuddered at the sound of his words, knowing for a fact that Rhett already had one drink too many. I just hope to God that he locks himself away, rather than taking his drunken anger out on me.

I rushed down the stairs before Rhett got tired of waiting. When I reached the bottom, I shuffled over to the fridge and pulled out five beers for each of the men at the table. I turned and walked over to the round, glass table on the opposite side of the countertops.

Rhett grumbled with a cigarette sticking out of his mouth, "What took you so long!?"

I murmured, "I-I'm sorry, I came down as quickly as I could."

His dark glare locked on my uneasy gaze, as if he was trying to figure out whether I was lying. I didn't dare move an inch, no matter how much these freezing cold beer bottles were numbing my arms.

He muttered, "Quit your gawking and give these men their damn drinks."

I nodded and hastily placed the glass bottles in front of each person sitting at the table. All of the men were extremely muscular, as if they could easily snap me like a twig if they wanted.

After I set the last drink down in front of a man who was probably about 30 years old, I felt a hand grab my butt and jumped. Who in the hell...

Before I could even turn around to give him a piece of my mind, he aggressively grabbed my hips and yanked me down into his lap, holding me there with his muscular arms crossed around my waist.

I growled, slapping his arms with all of my strength, "Let me go!!"

All of the other men laughed, including the one holding me into him, while Rhett just rolled his eyes.

The man behind me exclaimed with his deep, intimidating voice, "Damn, you're a feisty little thing, aren't ya?"

I used my elbow and jabbed him right in the gut, hoping it was cause him to at least loosen his death grip on me.

He coughed and chuckled, "Shit, for a tiny little thing you definitely have some muscle."

My heart started racing as my anger boiled my blood. I don't know who he thinks he is, but if he doesn't get his hands off of me in the next minute..

I warned through gritted teeth, "You better get you grimy hands off of my waist or else I swear to-"

Rhett shot me a glare, causing me to immediately shut my mouth. I gulped and took a deep breath to calm myself down. This guy was really pissing me off, but I'd rather not feel the wrath of Rhett anytime tonight.

The man holding me tightly must have noticed, because the strength of his grip slightly faltered for a minute before quickly tightening again.