Courage {Neville Longbottom}...

Por kmbell92

Book 2 Kefira Walsh was always known for her daring attitude and bold nature, earning her the rightful plac... Más

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred One
Chapter One Hundred Two
Chapter One Hundred Three
Chapter One Hundred Four
Chapter One Hundred Five
Chapter One Hundred Six
Chapter One Hundred Seven
Chapter One Hundred Eight
Chapter One Hundred Nine
Chapter One Hundred Ten
Chapter One Hundred Eleven
Chapter One Hundred Twelve
Chapter One Hundred Thirteen
Chapter One Hundred Fourteen
Chapter One Hundred Fifteen

Chapter Thirty One

24.7K 1.7K 1K
Por kmbell92

Kefira was lying on her bed looking over the fake galleon coin that Hermione had given to all the members of the D.A. She flipped it around in her fingers, smiling at the brilliance behind the idea of using the coins to figure out when their next meeting would be held. Obviously, they couldn't go by word of mouth, it was too risky and it was already probably suspicious to Umbridge that students weren't going to listen to her every word. The coin was designed by Hermione, any time there was a meeting to be held, the coin would grow hot as the date and time changed on each of the coins.

Everyone had been extremely impressed by it while some of the students questioned as to why Hermione wasn't sorted into Ravenclaw for her brilliant and creative idea. The girl had told them that the Sorting Hat did consider it but ended up sorting her into Gryffindor instead. Kefira wished she was as smart as Hermione, it would probably make her training so much easier if the work came to her easier like things did with Hermione. But she couldn't dwell on those facts, she just had to keep working harder.

Luckily, Professor McGonagall seemed to have taken an interest in having the Gryffindors take back the Quidditch Cup for her office. She refrained from giving them homework as the days were leading up to the match showing some form of mercy. However, the Gryffindors certainly wished that kind of kindness would be shown by all the professors, mainly Professor Snape.

Ever since the slip-up of him nearly calling Kefira a mudblood, the professor wouldn't even look in her direction. He didn't call on her, make any snide remarks toward her, and she found it very confusing. She figured that he was going to try and make her life a living hell, but any time that he even attempted to glance over in her direction, he quickly looked away. She had to wonder if Neville had something to do with it because the Potion's master wasn't even up to his usual tauntings of him either.

But while Professor Snape seemed to leave the two of them alone, the Gryffindor Quidditch team seemed to be at the man's wrath. They were finally given permission to practice again, however, Kefira heard from Angelina that Professor Snape was booking the quidditch pitch so much for the Slytherin team that it was difficult for the Gryffindors or any other team to schedule practices for that matter.

Not to mention the Slytherin team was taking it into personal matters, attacking the Gryffindor team in the corridors. It had left Alicia Spinnet with the bushiest brows that Kefira had ever seen, to the point where they were invading the girl's face and long enough to enter her mouth. But when it was brought up to the Head of the Slytherin house the man made every excuse to claim that the Slytherin team was doing no such thing.

As much as Kefira wanted to interfere, she just couldn't be bothered to talk to Professor Snape anymore. She had tried numerous times, she had given him multiple chances to redeem himself, not only in her eyes, but in the eyes of all the other students, but he didn't. It was useless, she would only continue wasting her time trying to fight for something that just was not going to happen. With Godric's advice of choosing her battles wisely, she had to just let it go.

She was about to dig into her trunk and pull out the books that Bandile had given her when she heard running up the stairs outside of the dorm and Ginny calling out her name. When the girl arrived, she was slightly winded as she leaned against the doorway but she had a bright smile on her face.

"There you are," Ginny huffed. "I've been looking all over for you. Why I didn't check here first...anyways, it doesn't matter. Come on, you have to come see this."

Kefira slid off her bed with a curious look. "See what?"

"If I told you, it would ruin the whole surprise aspect," Ginny said. "Just come on!"

Following Ginny out of the Gryffindor tower, Kefira had to wonder where they were going, but they finally reached an empty classroom, except, it wasn't completely empty. Luna was sitting in there, working on something with her back turned.

"What's going on?" Kefira asked. Luna looked up from her work and smiled in the direction of the two Gryffindor girls.

"Hello Kefi," she greeted in her usual dreamy tone. "Why don't you come over and see?"

Kefira walked around one of the tables and saw a lion's head resting on the table that Luna had put together with all sorts of material.

"Whoa, Luna, did you make this?" Kefira asked pulling up a chair to sit beside the girl. "It's amazing!"

"I did and thank you. I thought I would make something to show the Gryffindors support for the upcoming quidditch game. I'm thinking about having it roar and to have it just chew on a snake in its mouth!" Luna told her, with an excited expression.

"That would be fantastic!" Kefira said. "But wait, aren't you in Ravenclaw?"

"Yes, but I'm allowed to show my support for Gryffindor, right?"

"Of course, of course!" Kefira nodded. "I don't think we would oppose any support."

"It's a shame of what the Slytherin members have been doing and what they've gotten away with. I truly hope that Gryffindor can pull together a win," Luna said. 

"We will," Ginny said confidently. "Slytherin can do whatever they want to try and sabotage, they can practice all they want, but that doesn't replace sheer talent, which all of our players have."

"Even Ron?" Luna questioned.

Ginny nodded her head. "Even Ron."

Luna smiled before collecting the decorative headpiece and placing it on her head, she went to maneuver it to open the mouth to open to show the two had far she had gotten.

"Now I just need to add the roar and-"

Suddenly, a loud roar of a lion echoed in the room, startling her and Ginny. The two turned to Kefira, who placed her hand over her mouth and giggled.

"A roar like that?"

Luna nodded her head. "Perfect."

***

The day of the quidditch game, it seemed everyone was trying to offer as much luck to the Gryffindor team. Ron had received two good luck kisses, one from Eleanor and one from Hermione, leaving him permanently red until they reached the quidditch pitch. Although while the Gryffindors were encouraging for their team, they were just as nervous, hoping they could pull through with the win. If Slytherin won, they would never hear the end of it. It was bad enough that they had to deal with Slytherin's newest pins of "Weasley is Our King."

"How long do you think it took Malfoy to make all those badges?" Kefira asked Neville as she settled between him and Dean in the stands. "Also, what is his obsession with pins? He made pins last year and he made them again this year. He should go into pin making."

Neville looked over at her with an amused grin. "Should he?"

"Yeah, I mean, he holds a lot of interest in them obviously. Oooh wait, I know! He should make a pin business and call it....Pinterest."

Dean, Neville, and Seamus gave the girl a look as she seemed quite proud of herself.

"Kefi, that sounds absolutely ridiculous," Seamus told her. "That name would never catch on."

"Yeah, I guess you're right, but still...Oooh, Malfoy should make a badge that says  "My Father Will Hear About This."

The four giggled as they looked over at Malfoy, all of them envisioning him with a massive pin on his robes. The students around them had no idea what they were laughing at but the more that they tried to hold back their laughter, the harder they laughed.

The quidditch game got underway and despite it being freezing out, Kefira felt incredibly warm as she was nestled into Neville's side. It was hard to keep up with what was going on during the match as everything was moving around so quickly. Kefira had the hardest time getting her eyes to focus on just one player, but she was thankful for the Lee Jordan's quidditch commentary to keep her up to speed of who was scoring. But it was even hard to hear the usually loud boy as the Slytherins were chanting over him.

"WEASLEY WAS BORN IN A BIN !HE ALWAYS LETS THE QUAFFLE IN!WEASLEY WILL MAKE SURE WE WIN!"

"How are none of the professors putting a stop to this?" Kefira asked out loud when there was finally a quiet moment. 

"Come on, Kefi, it's part of the game to taunt the opposing team," Seamus told her.

"But they're not taunting the team, they're only taunting Ron. Not to mention, they said he was born in a bin, that has nothing to do with quidditch! That's bullying!"

"Kefira, let it go, people always talk rubbish during sporting events," Seamus said. "It's how they get you fired up and once you're all flustered it makes it easier for them to win."

"So next time when we're playing Exploding Snap and I just happen to call you ugly, it's for the sake of the game? I'm just going to try and fluster you so I can win."

Dean leaned back and exchanged a look with Neville as the two continued to argue, completely ignoring the match. "I told you, we should have sat elsewhere and made them sit here," Dean told him.

"Wait! Wait!" Neville called out suddenly, distracting all of them. "I think...I think Harry spotted the snitch. Look!"

He pointed up to the sky where Harry was frozen in place for a moment of time before he started diving towards the ground. Malfoy seemed to mimic his actions as the two of them were headed in the same direction.

It seemed everyone was holding their breath in the stands as the two boys were reaching out for the tiny flying golden orb, that seemed to be teasing them, only inches from the tips of their fingers.

"Come on, Harry, come on!" Kefira muttered under her breath. She would like to think that her words of encouragement had been the cause of Harry catching the snitch, even though that wasn't the case at all. Harry had caught it only seconds before Malfoy had made a grab for it, before pulling his broom up to avoid hitting the ground.

The Gryffindors began screaming in the stands and no one could ignore McGonagall clapping her hands furiously despite Professor Snape sitting close by. But the crowd was caught off guard as Harry was suddenly struck with a bludger right in his back knocking him off his broom and onto the ground roughly.

Protests erupted and Kefira could hear Luna's headress roaring angrily among them. Madam Hooch made her way to Crabbe to reprimand him for foul play. From where they were seated they could see the Gryffindor team dismounting to make sure that the boy was alright, but the Slytherin team seemed to want to join in on the fun. They couldn't hear what was being said but in a matter of seconds, a fight broke out as the Gryffindors leaped onto Malfoy.

Kefira's eyes were widened as she watched Eleanor make her way to try and stop her boyfriend and his twin from doing any serious damage to the boy. But Kefira wished that Eleanor would just let Malfoy get what was coming to him. Whatever he said had been enough to drive the twins overboard, she had never once seen Fred or George exhibit anger. So whatever the boy said had been enough and he needed to learn the hard way.

George had managed to break free along with Harry and they attacked Malfoy together.

Madam Hooch and Professor McGonagall made their way to break apart the fight, drawing out their wands. Harry and George were knocked back off the boy as they were instructed to clear the pitch. McGonagall looked furious and while there was so much drama taking place in front of her, Kefira looked over at the stands where the other professors were, to see that Professor Snape hadn't moved an inch to interfere.

A/N: If you haven't already, you guys should really check out cedriia's profile because she is a brilliant artist!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

67 2 4
"Nothing but Trouble seems to find me" You are starting off your fourth year at Hogwarts and you thought it was going to be the same as always. Reun...
780 27 25
When the Golden Trio asked to sit in her compartment on the Hogwarts Express, Kyla had no idea her second year would be way more eventful than the fi...
17.9K 761 23
Trouble brews once more at Hogwarts as Alexander enters his second year, shattering any hopes of a normal term. His curiosity about his grandfather's...
68.2K 2.5K 37
"𝙤𝙠, 𝙨𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧, 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣." or it's (y/n) greyheart's second year at her dream school...