"L A B E L S"

By SimplyFictional

What's the one place known to hold both the greatest time in a persons life and the worst? High school. Addic... More

Season 1 Premiere
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62
Episode 63
Episode 64
Season 2 Premiere
Episode 66
Episode 67
Episode 68
Episode 69
Episode 70
Episode 71
Episode 72
Episode 73
Episode 74
Episode 75
Episode 76
Episode 77
Episode 78
Episode 79
Episode 80
Episode 81
Episode 82
Season 3 Premiere
Episode 84
Episode 85
Episode 86
Episode 87
Episode 88
Episode 89
Episode 90
Episode 91
Episode 92
Episode 93
Episode 94
Episode 95
Episode 96
Episode 97
Christmas Special
Season 4 Premiere
Episode 99
Episode 100
Episode 101
Episode 102
Episode 103
Episode 105
Episode 106
Episode 107
Episode 108
Episode 109
Episode 110
Episode 111
Episode 112
Episode 113
Episode 114
Episode 115
Episode 116

Episode 104

269 7 6
By SimplyFictional

GUESS WHAT? I'M ON A WRITING STREAK SO, HERE YOU GO! ANOTHER NEW EPISODE! HOPEFULLY THIS INSPIRATION LASTS! COMMENTS HELP!

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THAT PLAY BUTTON! ;)

~

~ 3 Years Earlier {1 Year After High School} ~

Mia had spent all night pacing the apartment, phone in hand. She had called practically everyone she knew when Logan had failed to come home after making a run to Sherwin Williams. Mia called everyone they knew, hoping maybe Logan had just stopped by a friend’s house. Scarlett said she was on her way home so she would make a circle around town and see if she could spot his motorcycle but Mia hadn’t heard anything from her in over twenty minutes. Mia continues biting at her nails out of nerves and looks down to realize nearly every nail had been bitten down to over half its normal length. The phone rings, causing Mia’s heart to speed up just momentarily and she wasn’t sure if it was a good or bad thing but she answered quickly all the same. “Hello?”

“Mia Wade,” the woman on the other end questions in a soft voice. Mia’s heart immediately sinks, her hands begin shaking and without much to go on, she knew this call wasn’t to say Logan just got stuck in traffic.

“This is she.” Mia answers, her voice cracking under the frightening circumstances.

“There has been an accident…”

~

The doors to the hospital swung open as Mia charged through, her heart and head working overtime just to keep up with the fear pushing her body to do more. “I’m looking for Logan Wade. I got a call saying he had been in a motorcycle accident.” She stands at the information desk, starring down at the woman in a frantic state. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes looked swollen and red.

“Are you a family member?” The woman questions while searching through the files neatly lined up on her desk.

“I’m his wife.” Mia answers immediately and almost just as quickly begins following the woman’s directions to a room down the hall on the right. She steps through the door and the tears begin falling on cue. She steps forward after the last nurse exits the room and takes hold of his hand. She presses her lips to his after brushing the hair from his forehead and slowly takes a seat in the chair beside his bed. “I know you love me because I’m strong but…” She shakes her head after she hears the crack in her voice, wondering if she will even be able to speak her throat was burning so bad. “I don’t think I can be strong right now.”

“Mrs. Wade?”

Mia turns to the doorway to find a woman in a long white jacket, a clipboard in hand as she steps towards the hospital bed. “How bad is it? He’s going to be fine, right?” She wipes away a few tears and stands up from the chair.

“Mrs. Wade…” The woman drifts off for a moment, contemplating the right words to use as if she didn’t deal with the situations everyday of her life. “Your husband seems to have surprisingly few physical worries despite the severity of his accident.”

“Alright. Well, that’s a good thing.” Mia concludes hopefully and smiles down at Logan.

“Your husband may not show many physical worries but…Mrs. Wade, your husband is comatose.”

~~~

~ PRESENT TIME ~

“Mia!” Scarlett exclaims as she turns the corner of the hospital, noticing her best friend pacing outside Logan’s room. She rushes forward and immediately wraps her arms around Mia. “How is he?” She asks after pulling away.

Mia can’t contain her smile, nor should she have to. Her husband who had been in a deep sleep for nearly three years was awake and well. “He’s fine, he’s good, he’s awake and the doctor’s examining him now. I didn’t get the chance to say much but I gave him a kiss and told him I loved him.” Tears begin falling down her face at the sound of her own words and she smiled at the tears forming in her friends eyes as well. “I can breathe again. All this time it’s felt like I had this giant weight sitting on my chest and my heart was twisting but now…he’s awake and I can breathe.”

“I’m so happy for you, Mia.” Taylor says while rubbing Mia’s arm comfortingly as tears stream down her own face. “I can’t wait to see him.” She admits with a smile before wiping a few tears from her eyes.

The doctor steps out of the hospital room and focuses on the small group of tearfully happy friends surrounding his patient’s wife. “Mrs. Wade?”

Mia steps out of the circle and walks up to the doctor. “Can we go see him now? When do you think he’ll be released?” She had so many questions flying around her head and her mind was drifting into places she didn’t really need to be concerned over at the moment. For instance, she found herself wondering what she was going to make Logan for dinner and how long it would take to clean the house before he accused her of becoming a slob just like him.

“You can see him but one at a time, okay? He needs to process everything slowly. I still need to run some tests but if all goes well, he could be released early tomorrow morning.”

Mia’s not sure what came over her, she wasn’t much of a touchy-feely person but she immediately stepped forward and wrapped her arms around the doctor. “Thank you so much.” She whispers into his chest before pulling away with smile and letting him walk off down the hall. She turns back to face her friends. “I guess I’ll go in and then the rest of you can see him as you’d like?” Her suggestion was more of a question and she wasn’t sure why but she felt so nervous about seeing him. It was like their first date all over again or that night she was dancing out in the rain with him while a boom box played their favorite song. Her stomach was full of butterflies and the feeling continued all the way until she opened the door to his room. The minute she saw his face, his smile and the way his eyes lit up the moment his eyes met her, all doubt and fear was gone.

“Hey.”

She tries desperately to hold back her tears. The last thing she wanted was for him to see her as a wet, slobbering mess after three years of sleep. “Hey. How are you feeling?” She had to keep reminding herself that to him, he had just seen her the other day. His mind has been safely tucked away for the last three years while the rest of us were out in the world, changing and growing and living life.

“You look different.” He derails her question but it wasn’t that big of a surprise to Mia, he was always a fan of surprising people.

She sits down beside him and takes his hand in hers, a smile taking over every inch of her face. “I cut my hair.” She twirls the shoulder length hair around her finger that she had cut nearly a year ago now. It had grown out quite a bit but it was still shorter than the length she had the last time he saw her. “Do you like it?”

He smiles and reaches out to stoke the top of her head, his hand slowly trailing down to her cheeks as he wipes away a few years. “I love it.”

She reaches up and places her hand atop of his, her smile slowly fading. “Logan…”

Mia trails off and Logan’s eyes fall lower, catching the small diamond ring on her left hand. “You’re married?” You can practically see the pain in his eyes and his heart fills with nothing but despair.

Her breathe catches in her throat and she stares at him in confusion, her expression very similar to his own. “What?”

He drops her hand and looks back up into her eyes, his filled with a newfound frustration. “Mia, how long have I been in here?”

She glances down at the space that had returned between her fingers. She missed his hands so much because they fit perfectly in hers but he let go and all she could see was confusion and anger filling his eyes. “Almost three years.”

“Three years?!” His voice carried throughout the entire room, his frustration filling every empty space. “And you got married?” His voice softens, his mind searching for answers that he just couldn’t find, no matter how hard he tried.

Mia stares on in pure disbelief, her heart breaking at the sight of his doing the same. “Logan…what’s the last thing you remember?”

~

“It’s normal for patients who have been in a coma to have some memory loss.” The doctor explains to Mia outside of Logan’s hospital room. “Especially someone who has been in a coma as long as he has.”

Mia begins sliding her hands up at down her arms, everyone probably assuming she was cold. While the hospital was frigid, she was attempting to expel some of her energy the only way she knew how. Her mind had been racing for the last hour after she heard the news and it was causing a sudden rush of adrenaline. “Will the memories return?”

“It’s hard to say,” the doctor shrugs in uncertainty, “the best thing to do would be to slowly reestablish the memories. Tell him what he has missed but don’t overload him right now, he needs to take it easy.”

Mia nods and begins walking over to the door, away from the doctor and her friends who had been listening in. She smiles through the window at Logan and Scarlett who were laughing about something.

“I can’t believe you have a daughter.” Logan comments in amazement after their laughter subsides. He shakes his head as the smile slowly begins to fade. “I’ve missed a lot, I guess.”

Scarlett shrugs but doesn’t lose her smile. “There are some things you’ve missed but the great part is you’ve got a lot more to experience and we all love you just as much.” She places a hand on her arm and watches his head turn towards the window. His eyes land on Mia’s and Scarlett smiles at the obvious connection they still had after three years apart. “And I do mean all of us,” she assures once more with a small smile and Logan turns back to her in doubt.

“She’s married, Scarlett.” He replies somberly, Scarlett hardly able to look at the heartbreak in his eyes. She lowers her head to escape his gaze, wishing desperately she could just tell him everything. It wasn’t her place and she knew it, she also wasn’t sure how much she could reveal without causing Logan to possibly relapse. She just knew she wasn’t about to risk it. “Maybe you should just let Mia explain, alright?” Scarlett suggests before giving Logan a pat on the arm. “I promise everything will be okay.”

He nods and forces a smile despite the dozens of questions he had flying through his head. “How are you and Nick doing?” He asks, hoping maybe she would take his mind away from his own life for a moment. Her head lowers immediately as if she didn’t want him to see her expression although he couldn’t help but see it, her pure disappointment. “What’s wrong?”

“Well, I guess as of today…Nick and I are separated.”

Logan’s eyes widen at the news, his heart hurting for one of his best friends. “Scar...I’m sorry.”

She shrugs and forces a smile his direction, a little angry at herself for spouting off more bad news. “It’s for the best, I think.”

“What did he do?” Logan questions firmly, his big brother instincts kicking in.

She laughs at his assumption and shakes her head. “He didn’t do anything. We’re just,” she pauses a moment, searching her head for the right words, “I just don’t think I love him anymore, at least not the way he needs.”

He stares at her a moment and Scarlett feels violated all of a sudden, as if he was somehow seeing past the surface and studying her soul. “You seem different.” He announces suddenly, his voice softer while his eyes continue staring into hers.

“Like how?” She questions with a smile, hoping for something far different than what he observed.

“You know you have everything you’ve ever wanted, yet somehow you feel the saddest you’ve ever felt and it’s killing you on the inside.” Logan notices the tears shining in her eyes and reaches his hand forward to hold onto hers. She nods in desperation and before she even knows what’s happening she’s leaning her head against her chest and crying years of unshed tears.

~

“I’m so happy for them.” Taylor exclaims to Joe while they walk around the hospital. They decided to take a walk outside in order to get some air and allow everyone time with Logan. The sun had set and the only lights were found from the large moon and a few street lamps scattered along the sidewalk. Taylor tightens her jacket over her chest about the same time a small gust of wind blows through. “I just hope Logan’s memories come back.”

Joe nods, his eyes on the pavement and both hands stuck in his pants pockets. “Yeah, must suck to think the woman you love is married to someone else.”

Taylor gulps and nods with a small nervous laugh. “Yeah.”

“I wonder what his last memory is. If it’s before senior year, he probably doesn’t even know who in the hell I am.” Joe laughs along with Taylor as the sound of a siren passes by the hospital.

“Well, I should be good, Logan and I have actually known each other since freshman year.” Taylor remembers distantly, a small smile taking over her face while Joe turns to her in surprise.

“Really?”

“Well, we weren’t best friends or anything but we sat next to each other in English class.” She explains casually. “I let him cheat off an exam once.”

Joe’s mouth drops in shock and he chuckles softly. “You?”

“He was cute.” She admits bluntly, causing them both to laugh once again. “I was in ‘Chelsea transition’ by that time though so I couldn’t exactly admit that I was fond of someone lower on the food chain.”

Joe shudders at the sound of her name and shakes his head. “I was hoping I would never have to hear that name again.”

“You know, I actually saw her about a year ago.” Joe turns to her in curiosity despite his animosity towards the girl. “She was working at a department store in Albany.” She admits rather proudly, a small smirk playing at the corner of her lips. “She’s married to Cody.”

A large smile grows on Joe’s lips, his excitement busting through. “No way.” He laughs deeply, throwing his head back in amusement. “Oh my God, who the hell didn’t see that coming?” He continues laughing for a moment, Taylor catching the hilarity of it once again as well. “They definitely deserve each other, that’s for sure.”

“How can that much ego even be in one relationship?” Taylor questions rhetorically, a large smile still plastered on her face. Silence overtakes the conversation for a moment but somehow, it wasn’t awkward or strange. Just walking along the sidewalk was enough and they didn’t have to talk to know they were both perfectly fine, just side by side. 

~

"HE WAS CUTE"... HAHA...OH, TAYLOR...

ANYWHO...LOGAN HAS MEMORY LOSS? UT-OH...WHAT DOES HE REMEMBER? WHAT DOESN'T HE REMEMBER? QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS.

VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU'RE JUST HAPPY HE'S AWAKE!! ;D

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! <3

OH, AND I HAVE SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH "CORRECT HOSPITAL TERMINIOLOGY" BUT DID IT SOUND OKAY? WHAT DO DOCTORS SAY? "YOUR HUSBAND IS COMATOSE." ?...IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO SAY IT? OH PHOOEY, DOES IT REALLY MATTER?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 43.2K 45
"I-I should be heading to my room now." I told him not in anyway ready to face him. "Turn around." He instructed. "Your fiancee may w-wake up soon to...
42.6K 1.7K 61
It's clearly hard to fall in love with someone when you don't know you're already falling. It's harder to fall in love with someone whom you know wo...
38M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
The New Me By Barbie

Teen Fiction

6.3M 167K 55
High school is supposed to be the greatest years of our lives but so far for me it's been the worst my sophomore year I had only 2 best friends one e...