Eva's Expedition

By LadySerein

Sit up straight. Cross your ankles. Cover your freckles. Only have straight A's. Don't speak unless spoke... More

Chapter 1: Evangeline Rivers
Chapter 2: Damien
Chapter 3: Tired
Chapter 4: Runaway
Chapter 5: Breakfast
Chapter 6: Roadtrip
Chapter 7: Maid Of The Mist
Chapter 8: Truly American
Chapter 9: Gone Fishing
Chapter 10: How I Like It
Chapter 11: Logan's Baby
Chapter 12: Beach Day
Chapter 13: Pizza & Aloe..
Chapter 14: The Date
Chapter 16: Buzzed
Chapter 17: Hangovers
Chapter 18: Rainy Days
Chapter 19: Haunted Hotel
Chapter 20: The Reading
Chapter 21: Stay With Me
Chapter 22: Boozey Bonfire
Chapter 23: A Quick Dip
Chapter 24: Lazy Sundays
Chapter 25: Plans Over Takout
Chapter 26: The Bean
Chapter 27: Flexibility
Chapter 28: Nixed
Chapter 29: 3 Day Stay
Chapter 30: Why?
Chapter 31: The Wildlife
Chapter 32: A New Eva
Chapter 33: His Zone
Chapter 34: Jump
Chapter 35: Brainfreeze
Chapter 36: Tree Huggers
Chapter 37: Infected
Chapter 38: Chicken Noodle Soup
Chapter 39: Trail Riding
Chapter 40: Rise N' Shine
Chapter 41: Rainy Day Activities
Chapter 42: Movie Date
Chapter 43: Chocolate and Wine
Chapter 44: Girls Day
Chapter 45: Arrival
Chapter 46: Moving Out
Chapter 47: Happy Birthday
Epilouge pt 1: After
Epilogue pt 2: Two -> Three
New book!

Chapter 15: Go Wild

930 53 1
By LadySerein

"Yellow!" I screamed and punched Logan in the shoulder.

"Ow! Not fair! A semi was blocking my view," he whined unhappily, rubbing his arm.

I rolled my eyes and waved him off, "So what?"

"So it's not fair."

"Aw, is someone whining?" I leaned over towards him and pouted.

He gently pushed my face away and laughed, "So mature Eva."

Logan and I were almost to Miami. We'd left early this morning to make the ten hour drive go by quick. Mostly, it had been working.

We kept finding more things to do while we were driving. I had already written in my journal and used up all of my ideas so Logan suggested the car game.

I was winning and he didn't really like it.

We pulled over for more gas and I went inside to grab some snacks. My arms were full of chips, soda, some candy and other things I had yet to try.

I paused my scavenging when I saw a weird metal box with an old phone connected to it.

"Two more hours to go, let's do this," Logan said from behind me.

"What's that?" I asked, gesturing to the boxed phone.

"A pay phone?"

I've heard of these. I could use it.

"Can I call someone?" I mumbled quietly.

"Sure," Logan shrugged and put three quarters in my had, "It only lasts about ten minutes or so before you have to pay again."

I nodded and let him take all the stuff. I ran out to the truck and grabbed my journal. Coming back inside, I put the quarters in the slot and listened to a dial tone.

I quickly flipped my journal open and found some messy writing on a page. I pressed the numbers in on the metal number squares.

I held the phone to my ear as I waited, tapping my fingers against it impatiently, "Come on, please pick up."

"Hello?" A confused voice asked.

I nearly cried with relief, "Louise..."

"Oh my- EVA?!"

"Yeah, yeah it's me," I laughed and tried to keep myself from crying. It had been a while since we last talked. Longer than what I was used to.

"Where are you?! You parents called me and asked if you were with me or if I knew anything- where did you go?" She rambled frantically, "I can call the police-"

"No! No, Louise listen to me okay, calm down. I'm perfectly fine. In fact, I'm better than ever," I said quickly.

"What? Really? What happened?"

"Do you remember when you said I could do it?"

"Yeah?"

"Well I did, just...haphazardly. They tried to force me to marry Damien," I sighed.

"What?! Are you actually serious?"

"Yeah."

"So what happened?"

"I ran. I grabbed some stuff and ran."

"You ran away?" Louise gasped.

"I did. And...you wouldn't believe this," I chuckled, "I'm on my way to Florida."

"Florida?"

"With Logan."

"Who the fuck is Logan?!"

"Uh, my new friend. I met him after the night I ran. He took me on a date last night while we were in South Carolina," I giggled, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Oh my...Eva I hope you know what you're doing," Louise said worriedly.

"I do, I'm okay. Logan is amazingly nice, we're like best friends, he's taken care of me this whole time-"

"Dear lord, you love him."

"What? No I- Louise I'm seventeen."

"Doesn't matter. I can tell. I'm so glad you called me. Listen, as long as you're safe, it's okay."

Logan stood in front of me with some bags and waited patiently. I smiled at him, "It's fine, Logan will keep me safe."

His eyebrows raised a little but he nodded surely and I grinned.

The pay phone beeped.

"Uh, I don't have any more change on me but I'll call you again soon and explain more. And Louise? Please don't tell anyone. I just wanted to talk to you."

"Okay Eva, I won't say anything."

"Thanks LuLu."

"Love you girl."

"Love you too."

I hung up and my heart felt a little lighter.

"That was..." Logan trailed off as we left the gas station.

"Louise, my best friend," I said and he nodded in understanding.

We weren't on the interstate long after that. Florida was hot and muggy but it was cool. Miami was so beautiful, with its stretching palm trees, gorgeous people and unique places.

It was around four in the afternoon and we were looking for a place to stay. We found a small motel, but Logan was too leery of it so we settled for a slightly pricier hotel near it.

We checked in but I got Logan to leave right after.

"What are we looking for?" He asked.

"A dress shop. We're going to find a club worth partying at here and I want to look good," I said with a grin.

"Um, okay," Logan chuckled.

I took his hand and we walked down the sidewalk. People here were busy and fast pace.

"Lucile's," I read as we paused in front of a store with some pretty dresses in the window.

I pulled Logan inside and he groaned as the smell of perfume hit us. Nice music popped in the background and a young woman hurried up to me, "Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for a party dress," I grinned at her.

"Ohh, I like it, right this way," she beamed and we followed her.

"Stay here," I said to Logan as we passed a waiting area in front of a chancing room.

He plopped down on the pink sofa and gestured that he'd be here waiting. I followed the woman and we both picked out beautiful dresses in my size.

I went to the changing room and Logan watched me close the door. The first dress I tried was a bright shimmering red that had a plunging neckline.

I stepped out of the room, "Well?"

Logan's eyes widened and he sat up, "I, uh, well..."

"Little old for you," the woman said next to him.

I nodded, "You're right."

The next dress was a royal blue, silky, light dress that fluttered when I moved and had sheer fabric across my chest.

I stepped out again for Logan to see. The woman whooped, "Yeah girl, work it- working it!"

Logan pursed his lips, "Beautiful, I mean you're always beautiful but is it really for clubbing?"

I looked down at myself and shook, "Nah. It's more of a late evening dinner. One more, one more.."

I disappeared back into the changing room. My last dress was midnight black. The back was leather across my shoulders and the front was a soft, breathable material.

It went almost to my knees and it was a body hugger. The front had a sloping v-neck that had crisscrossing leather strips over my cleavage.

I stepped out once more.

"Wow," Logan sat back and just stared at me.

"Honey you're hot," the woman giggled.

I blushed and looked at Logan, "Well?"

He nodded, "That one. You're gorgeous Eva."

I grinned, "Thanks."

We bought the dress and a pair of black pumps to match. I also got a cute, more casual red summer dress for fun. We walked back to the hotel and Logan showered while I changed.

I left my hair alone, other than bobby pinning a small bump on the top of my head. I played with my makeup and finished as Logan came out of the bathroom, all changed and everything.

He was wearing a fitted black T and dark jeans. I thought he looked hot. He looked at me and grinned, "Wow- I feel like I'm going to be saying that a lot tonight."

I giggled and fixed my hair, "Alright, let's go sneak into a club and party our asses off."

"Right but I do need to remind you to be careful," Logan smiled at me and I groaned like a child. Mr. Rules is at it again.

"Let's just go wild," I suggested, waggling my eyebrows at him and Logan shook his head at me.

"You can have all you want but I won't drink much so I can keep an eye on you," he chuckled, "You've never been drunk before."

I got close enough to nudge him, "Fine, just have fun with me please."

"Of course," Logan smiled and opened the door for me.

I made sure I had a key and my money tucked in a secure place, that being my bra, before I walked out with Logan right behind me. It was nearly nine o'clock and the night was beginning to unfold.

We walked for about fifteen minutes before we came to a club with neon purple lights spelling out Hypno.

A line was leading all the way around the corner and you could hear pumping music coming from the inside every time the heavy black door opened.

"Okay, how to we get in?" I asked Logan.

"Not sure. I can't make a fake ID this fast," he chuckled, "And I don't know anyone here who could make one."

"I have an idea," I said, walking around to the back with Logan following.

Here goes nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 117 11
For 17-year-old high school senior Evan Brooks, life could be better. He's a social outcast at school, stuck in a rural small town he never wanted to...
12K 1.3K 56
I shut my locker and started making my way towards my next class . I was already late and the hallway was almost empty . I picked up my pace . Sudden...
3.5K 665 51
A dystopian young adult novel involving romance, secret experiments on human subjects, and a group of teenagers' will to survive. Reader Comments: "...
446K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...