Set You Free (Bryson Tiller B...

By underratedvibez

Laylah is a high school teacher. She is very independent and she is 27 years old. She has been through a lot... More

Warning
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
Ight
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
Authors Note
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
Thank You
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 40 (pt2) •
Sequel
covers

•Chapter 23•

3K 118 25
By underratedvibez

Laylah Pov

I watched as Bryson blew the steam from the soup. It was so sweet of him to stay with me even tho he had to work. He reached his arm out and fed me.

"Thanks for staying with me. I know you were going to be busy today" I said

"No problem. I was just gone go to the studio and smoke a few blunts and chill that's all." He shrugged. I nodded my head.

"You know I can feed myself right?"

"Yeah I know but I wanted to." He smirked

I wanted to ask him about how he left about me so bad but I was scared about his answer. I deeply sighed as I was in deep thought.

"What's wrong?" He rubbed my thigh.

This is what I mean! He is treating me like I'm his girl but when we go out in public he says 'oh we're just friends'. It's so confusing!

"Nothing" I fake smiled

"You lying to me"

"No I'm not. I just don't feel good that's all"

"Well did you take your medicine?"

"Yeah I took it a few minutes ago" he nodded his head and put the empty bowl on my night stand. And he just stared at me.

"Can you stop staring at me" I put my head down and played with my fingers.

"Am I making you nervous?" He chuckled.

"No" I lied.

"Well it's time for you to get some rest. I'll be back in a few hours to check on you. I gotta handle something" I lightly pouted but fixed my face before he would notice.

"Ok. The spare key in under the carpet on the porch." I turned on my side. I felt him staring at me a few more seconds later he walked out. I deeply sighed in frustration. I picked up my phone and decided to call Frank. I'm bored like crazy and he makes me laugh.

"Yo?" I heard his voice.

"Hey Frank what are you doing"

"Oh driving. I just picked up my brother homeboy from jail. What about you?"

"I'm at home sick. Laying down"

"You got a cold?"

"No a small fever but Bryson just bought me some medicine so I should be ok by tomorrow"

"Well I hope you feel better. Imma come by and bring you something"
"Nah you don't have to do that."

"Nah I want to-" he got cut off by a man's voice in the background. It sounded oddly familiar but I couldn't recognize the voice all the way.

"Is that her?"

"Imma call you back" Frank hung up the phone. I looked at it strangely then I put it on my nightstand. I decided to just watch tv since I was at home alone. I grabbed the remote and turned to Wildin' Out. I watched that until I fell asleep.

Bryson Pov

Since tomorrow is Valentine's day I wanted to go but something for my Grandma and Harley. I was kinda upset when Britney came and picked Harley up this morning but I know that she is her child too. I didn't know much about what girls liked so I decided to invite Dana. I felt bad about what happened last time we saw each other. Plus she is leaving to go back to DC tomorrow so i wanted us to spend sometime together. I stopped infront of this small apartment. Then seconds later Dana walked out with a gray short ass dress on and some gray Jordans. When she got in the car I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Hey Bryson " she side hugged me and stared back "what?"

"Yo ass gone be sick like a motha' " I shook my head and stared up the car.

"How?"

"Cuz you got on dat small ass dress on when it's February"

"Well i gotta look cute at all times" she smirked. I just lightly chuckled and started the car up. She turned the radio up as Moves by Big Sean blared loudly.

"She make the back move..she make the tittes move..i make the city move" i mumbled as I moved my head up and down.

"What are you getting them?"

"Uhm..ion know. Thats why i invited you. And i wanted to talk to you about what happened last time we saw each other" i looked at her and i could tell she was nervous.

"Look bry I'm sorry. I was on some other shit that day."

"You dont have to lie. I could tell you were hurt by the look you had on your face when i told you about Laylah" she started to play with her fingers and turned and looked out the windows. I deeply sighed when i realized she was crying. I pulled over at the gas station and stopped the car. By now she was balling out in tears.

"Stop allat crying" i tried to soothe her but that only caused her to cry more. One thing i hate is crying. When a woman starts to cry i just feel so bad.

"I'm sorry" she managed to get out as she lightly giggled. I swear she is so bipolar.

"What was allat about?" I wiped one of ger tears and stared at her.

"Its complicated" she shook her head

"Come on" i pleaded. I was beginning to get real impatient.

"Ok...i guess I'm just hurt" she finally looked at me with her now red puffy eyes.

"Hurt?..Why?" I scrunched my face up. I was so confused.

"I told you why. Because I've had feelings for you for so long and now that I've seen you again you are all over Laylah. And you keep telling me that you dont like her in that way but i know you are lying. I can tell by the way you look at her. I just dont understand how you dont like me" she lightly sniffed and whiped her nose. I looked down and sighed. I leaned back in my seat and looked ahead. This was so stressful. Ive never really had to tell a girl this but i guess i got to.

"Look Dana. I'm sorry you feel this way. And I'm sorry if i lead you on but i just dont see you in that way. And as far as Laylah, imma be honest. I don't know how i feel towards her. And there are plenty of men out here that would love to be with you" i rubbed her cheek softly and looked at her. She weakly smiled and nodded her head.

"I understand, its ok" i knew she was hurt but at least she knows now. I started the car back up and i looked at her for a few mire seconds and dove the car.

-------

We had finally gotten to the mall and it was packed. I hadn't really talked to my grandma in a few weeks so i didn't know what she would like. I turned my head and saw Dana walking into bath and body works so I just went towards the teddy bear section. There was a bear that was taller than me and it was pink so i knew harley would like it.

"Um how much is this?" I asked the lady at the register. She looked up from her phone and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god you have gotten so...grown" she smiled. I scrunched my face up in confusion. All i asked was how much is the damn bear.

"Um do i know you?" I asked

"You rememer me from high school?"

"No" i shook my head

"My name is Raquel. You used to sing to me and my friends in the hallway. I used to call you chocalote allot"

"Oooh. Yeah i remember you. How you doing?"

"I'm good. I'm getting married in a few weeks so thats great and i have 2 twin sons" she smiled.

"You have really grown up"

"Yep" she nodded her head "but look at you. Everytime i get in my car one of your songs are playing. I knew you were going to make it big." I was about to respond until Dana walked up. And i shook my head because last time i checked these two hated each other.

"Bryson i found some nice things"

"Oh you two are together?" Raquel fakley smiled

"No" i shook my head

"Oh ok. Well the bear is $15" i gave her the money and i picked up the huge bear.

"It was nice seeing you again"

"You too" i smiled and walked away.

"Are you going to carry that bear around the whole mall?" Dana asked

"Nah, imma put this in my car" we started to walk towards the exit.

-------

Stay tuned for the next chapter. Its going to Valentine's day and its gonna get real emotional. And this is low-key boring.

Qotd: Golden State or The Cavaliers?🏀

Golden State all day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 2.5K 111
Bryson: Do you have what it takes......to be my ride or die?? We will see....... Before the fame bryson had nothing. No money, no goals, and no aspir...
2.2K 47 52
WARNING!!! CONTAINS ADULT THEMES THAT MAY BE TRIGGERING! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!! 18++++++ New town... New school... The po...
419K 9.4K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
148 1 7
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀, a freshman in college studying Finance, who loves to read. She is very smart and has anger issues, but that doesn't matt...