Eva's Expedition

By LadySerein

Sit up straight. Cross your ankles. Cover your freckles. Only have straight A's. Don't speak unless spoke... More

Chapter 1: Evangeline Rivers
Chapter 2: Damien
Chapter 3: Tired
Chapter 4: Runaway
Chapter 5: Breakfast
Chapter 6: Roadtrip
Chapter 7: Maid Of The Mist
Chapter 8: Truly American
Chapter 9: Gone Fishing
Chapter 10: How I Like It
Chapter 11: Logan's Baby
Chapter 13: Pizza & Aloe..
Chapter 14: The Date
Chapter 15: Go Wild
Chapter 16: Buzzed
Chapter 17: Hangovers
Chapter 18: Rainy Days
Chapter 19: Haunted Hotel
Chapter 20: The Reading
Chapter 21: Stay With Me
Chapter 22: Boozey Bonfire
Chapter 23: A Quick Dip
Chapter 24: Lazy Sundays
Chapter 25: Plans Over Takout
Chapter 26: The Bean
Chapter 27: Flexibility
Chapter 28: Nixed
Chapter 29: 3 Day Stay
Chapter 30: Why?
Chapter 31: The Wildlife
Chapter 32: A New Eva
Chapter 33: His Zone
Chapter 34: Jump
Chapter 35: Brainfreeze
Chapter 36: Tree Huggers
Chapter 37: Infected
Chapter 38: Chicken Noodle Soup
Chapter 39: Trail Riding
Chapter 40: Rise N' Shine
Chapter 41: Rainy Day Activities
Chapter 42: Movie Date
Chapter 43: Chocolate and Wine
Chapter 44: Girls Day
Chapter 45: Arrival
Chapter 46: Moving Out
Chapter 47: Happy Birthday
Epilouge pt 1: After
Epilogue pt 2: Two -> Three
New book!

Chapter 12: Beach Day

1.3K 49 3
By LadySerein

I am so incredibly comfortable right now. I smiled and sat up, stretching an arm that had somehow fallen asleep.

I blinked rapidly to adjust to the sunlight that was cascading into my face. Yawning, I looked over to the clock.

10:45, my new record for sleeping in.

I pulled the blanket back and got out of bed. I glanced over to Logan, who was totally bundled up in his blankets, still snoozing peacefully.

Looking to my left, I raised an eyebrow to where the sunlight was coming through.

I pulled back the curtains and nearly gasped. The view was incredible. Two sliding doors led to a balcony that overlooked the ocean.

I was awestruck. I pulled on some shorts, made some cheap coffee with multiple packets of sweetener and found myself out of the balcony. I pulled my new hair onto the top of my head into a messy bun.

I leaned against the railing and drank my coffee. Some people were down at the beach already, enjoying the waves that raked at the sand.

The lull of it was mesmerizing. Gulls circled overhead, screeching at each other and fighting over scraps of food.

The hot, salty sea air blew into my face gently and I breathed it in happily. Here I am, destination three.

"Not that I'm not a guy and don't enjoy the simple things in life but Eva, would you please put pants on while standing above a ton of people?"

I turned around and saw Logan set his camera down. He was dressed in new clothes and smiling at me cheekily. I hadn't noticed that he was up.

I rolled my eyes and pulled up my big hoodie, "It's all good, perv."

He looked shocked, "Perv? Why I never- you know I'm not a man of such."

I chuckled and turned back around, "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yeah," Logan looked at me lazily, running a hand through his messy morning hair.

"The ocean?"

"Oh- yeah, the ocean, its gorgeous," Logan stammered, running his hand through his messy hair.

I smiled and offered him my cup of coffee. He took a swig and made a face, "This is terrible."

"I thought so too."

"So what do you wanna do today Eva? Another thrill inducing event?" Logan leaned his back against the railing.

I shrugged, "Maybe. Maybe tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

I nodded, "Let's stay here a couple nights. We've bounced around for a bit, why don't we stay today, tomorrow and leave Wednesday morning?"

Logan shrugged, "If that's what you want to do."

"It may bore you, but let's just go to the beach today," I said to him with a grin.

"You'll never bore me Eva," he beamed at me and I ignored the heat in my face.

"We may need to go shopping though," I said.

"Why?"

"I brought a bathing suit, but did you? And we'll be needing some sandals, sunscreen, a couple towels, the works."

"I did not bring swimming trunks," Logan admitted.

"Let me get dressed and we can go there," I said, pointing to a little beach style place called the Shell hut. I'd been watching people go in and out of there all morning with stuff.

I changed into a tank top and running shorts, opting to pull my hair up off the back of my neck and I made sure to put my suit on under my clothes.

"Let's go!" I said to Logan. He was pulling a tennis shoe on, "Okay, okay!"

We left the hotel and were instantly blasted in the face by scorching heat. I looked at my paleish completion. I'd be needing some SPF700 after this. This was far different than Cape Cod.

I put on the sunglasses Logan had given me and walked next to him towards the beach.

We swerved off the sidewalk and went into the Shell Hut. Big fans blew around the hot air, not really helping but it was a relief from the scorching sun in the shade.

"Go pick out some trunks and I'll get the other stuff," I said, pushing Logan towards a wall of men's wear.

He scooted off to find something and I turned to a wall of beach towels. Did I want the dolphins, the beach, the life guard or the sunglasses towel?

I picked the life guard one just cause and grabbed a bright orange popsicle towel for Logan. It was really cute.

Snatching a bottle of SPF 100 off a shelf, I tucked it under my arm with my towels.

"Eva, I found some," Logan found his way to my side and held up a pair of black trunks with blue stitching.

"What, you didn't want those?" I pointed to a flame print pair.

He shook his head vigorously. I laughed and handed him his popsicle towel.

"Wow, adorable," he said with a chuckle.

"I know right?" I grinned.

We found two pairs of flip flops to wear out in the sand and finally found our way to the register. It was all pretty cheap and we made off with a good deal. Logan changed into his trunks while we were in the shade and where there was a changing room.

"Wow it's hot," I said to Logan as we walked across the sand towards the water.

He chuckled, "I forget you've never been down south."

We got close enough to the water to spread out out towels. I kicked off my flip flops and stood on my towel to avoid the burning sand.

Crossing my arms, I grabbed the hem of my tank and pulled it off. Then I slipped my shorts off and set them aside.

I fixed my pink and black Victoria Secret bikini and adjusted the strings so they were tight.

I looked at Logan, who was sitting on his towel, staring up at me.

"What?"

His cheeks turned red and he blinked, "Uh, I don't know what's brighter, the sun or you."

"Hey!" I growled playfully, pushing him over with my foot. It wasn't my fault my skin was so pale. My mother forbid any kind of tanning because, "I need to conserve my skin."

He laughed and stood up. It was my turn to stare as he pulled off his T-shirt and tossed it aside.

"You look like you've seen something you like," he raised an eyebrow cockily.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh whatever."

I sat on my towel and started dumping on sunscreen. Logan was somehow already tan and only smeared some on his shoulders and face.

"Get my back will you," I tossed the bottle to him.

"Wow, this isn't cliche at all," he chuckled.

"Huh?"

"Nothin," he shook his head and started to rub sunscreen over my back where I couldn't reach.

"Okay, smile," Logan said, picking up his camera and aiming it at me.

I grinned and sat back. He took some pictures of me and the ocean. Then some of the both of us. I watched him make a face as he realized his camera was a little greasy from the sunscreen on his hands.

Logan cleaned his camera for ten minutes before he tucked it away to keep it out of the sun.

"I'm hot, let's swim," I said excitedly, grabbing Logan's wrist.

"First one there doesn't get dunked!" Logan yelled and started sprinting ahead of me.

"Hey!" I cried, running to keep up and slipping on the sand that squished between my toes. The harder I ran, the slower I felt.

We both crashed into the water and waded out. The waves knocked me back until I figured out how to keep myself upright.

I laughed as a big one rolled over Logan's head, making him come up spitting salt water.

The water wasn't cold but it was a great relief from the heat.

"Hey a fish," Logan pointed and I looked down.

A fish swam around my ankles and instantly startled me, "Ohmygod!"

I dashed away from the fish and over to Logan.

"What's the problem?" He laughed.

"I don't really want it to touch me," I admitted, looking around in the water.

"Well...too bad," Logan said abruptly, grabbing my waist and lifting me up.

I squealed as he tossed me into deeper water and quickly closed my mouth as a wave rolled over me.

I came up and wiped at my eyes, "Logan!"

He was laughing pretty hard, fighting to stay upright against the waves and doubling over at the same time.

I launched myself at him and took us both underwater. Pushing off the sandy floor, I came up laughing, "Ha! It's fair now!"

I looked around when I saw no one around me, "Logan?"

I felt around in the water near me and wondered why I couldn't feel him around my feet where he just was.

"Logan?!" I yelled, looking around to see he hadn't come up yet. I drowned him...

Shit!

"Ohmygod, Logan!" I said frantically.

"Awe come on Eva, you can't get rid of me that easy."

I turned around and glared at Logan, who was standing behind me with a playful smirk on his face, "You jerk! I thought you were drowning!"

I splashed him viscously to take out my frustration on him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" He chuckled, shielding himself.

"I bet," I said sarcastically.

We were somehow in water up to our necks and I didn't remember coming out this far.

Something brushed my calf and I nearly cleared the water entirely. Logan muttered something as I frantically climbed onto his back to avoid whatever snake or shark or something that had touched me.

"The hell woman?" Logan laughed as he hung onto me with one arm, letting me cling to his back.

"Something touched my leg, I am not getting bit by some shark or something," I said, looking around us in the water.

"Eva."

"They can smell really well you know."

"Yeah but Eva?"

"Or maybe it was a snake. Oohhhh I'm terrified of snakes," I rambled, scanning the water fearfully. It was so dark I couldn't see anything, which didn't calm me. I couldn't even see our feet anymore.

"Hey Eva!" Logan exclaimed, pulling me around in front of him by my waist.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It was me, you nerd," he grinned and I splashed him again.

We laughed and bobbed in the waves. It only took me about two minutes to realize I had my legs around Logan's waist and he was holding onto me.

I tried to ignore that and stopped laughing, "Hey are you hungry?"

Logan shrugged and nodded, "Yeah, we did skip breakfast."

"Well lets go then," I grinned and swam away from him.

We got to where we could stand and started walking. I looked at Logan, who was looking like a beach god right now and pushed him hard enough to make him fall into the water.

"What the-!"

"Race you!"

I actually beat him back to the beach and to our stuff.

"So mature," he said to me and I shrugged.

I only slipped on my shorts and then just wadded up the rest of my stuff in my towel. Logan just slipped on his flip flops and called it good.

We found a nice, air conditioned restaurant that had burgers I would shank someone for.

Logan told me not to say that in public. I did anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 529 14
|CROSSROADS x LEAP YEAR | Eighteen-year-old April Lewis flees her troubled home, desperate to escape her emotionally distant, controlling mom, and se...
22.4K 1.4K 40
"Maybe I should bring you home," he suggests. "Maybe you should find us a more secluded spot," I toss back, snaking my arms around his neck. "You're...
4.1K 593 104
~Her words were my poison. I used them to consume myself. Disturbingly honest. Painfully strained. Carefully penned down. Dangerously addictive.~ A...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...