Till There Was You

By lovelyringo

Born in America, then moving to Liverpool; Emily seemed like a regular girl. That is until she meets The Beat... More

A Taste Of Honey
There's A Place
Devil In Her Heart
I Wanna Be Your Man..
And I Love Her
Hold Me Tight
Anna (Go To Him)
Rock And Roll Music
I've Just Seen A Face (Might Change)
Things We Said Today
A Hard Days Night
Dr. Roberts
P.S. I Love You
I Need You
Till There Was You
Birthday
Please Please Me
If I Fell
Good Day Sunshine
Roll Over Beethoven
Hello Little Girl
Baby It's You
I Want To Hold Your Hand
From Me To You (Part 1)
I'm A Loser
Every Little Thing
Baby's In Black
Mr. Moonlight
Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby
It's Only Love

From Me To You (Part 2)

261 4 0
By lovelyringo

Chapter 23; 

(part 2)

Florida’s a very sunny state. The hotel we’re staying at has an amazing view of the beach! And it gets even more exciting: After the boys perform tonight, we’ll have six free days! They’ll be on the Ed Sullivan Show once again, which I am actually supposed to be getting ready for right now. 

I actually like the weather here, I can walk out in a short sleeve dress and not even shiver once. It’s not like I’m going out tonight anyways; the show will be inside the hotel and then we’re leaving to stay in one of George Martin’s friends house, who lives on a very private beach and will make sure that we get at least a small amount of time to relax. 

The boys have been writing lately and have even been pitched a movie idea, they’ve thought of the name ‘The Beatles’ and ‘Beatlemania’. Not very creative yeah? 

“Come on! You don’t want to be late!” Brian says, banging at Paul and I’s bedroom. 

“Come ‘ed. You ‘eard him.” I said picking up my suit case. 

“Let’s ditch it. You and I can run away together and never look back. Let’s go. Now. Yes?” Paul says grabbing my hips and kissing my lips softly making me giggle 

“Paulie, that sounds amazing. But how about we do it during a time that I won’t be killed yeah?” 

“Then later we will run away.” 

“Sure Paulie, as long as you’re with me.” I tell him, with a small giggle, kissing him lips once more before pushing out of his grasp and out of the door with my suitcase. 

“I’ll take that for you.” Neil tells me as I approach the door. 

“I wouldn’t mind Ne-” 

“Neither do I. I don’t think people would understand you walking down there with yer suitcase.” Neil tells me jokingly and I let go of my grip on the handle, letting him take it. I walking back into the sitting room, were I had seen Brian at. 

“Is he ready?” Brian asked, putting his hand over the receiver of the phone. 

“He should be.” John says walking in doing his tie. 

“John! Come back here!” Donna yells and walks out after him. “You bloody don’t know how to tie a tie. Come here.” She says, and puts of tie around his neck, slipping it under the collar and then putting the two sides at the same length. 

“Will you check on the other three?” John asked, letting out an annoyed sigh. 

“Yeah, sure.” I tell him, walking towards the rooms, and opening the bedroom door. “Be ready in five-” 

“THREE MINUTES!” John yells from the living room

“Three minutes.” I tell him, leaving the door open and going towards the other set of doors. I walk into Ringo’s room, “Ringo, be rea-” I begin but a pillow hits me smack dab in the face. 

“Bloody bugga!” Ringo says, coming by my side to help me up “I thought you were Geo!”  Ringo tells me, getting me to my feet. 

“Nah, he didn’t!” George says from behind me. 

“Ah, Clear off! I cock up! It was a mistake. I’m terribly sorry love, I really didn’t mean too. But yer looking dishy, as always.” 

“Compliments won’t chuff her! She’ll have a bruise,” George says, getting into my face. “You’ll need some ice.” 

“No I don’t.” I tell him, swatting his hand away from my face “you guys need to be ready in three minutes.” 

“I just need my tie tied!” George tells me as Ringo goes to get his. 

“God, what would you guys do if I wasn’t here?” I said jokingly, shaking my head as I tied George’s. 

“Um, not eat, clean, sleep, shower or wear ties. Plus our clothes would be wrinkled.” George tells me. 

“Ew,” I tell him scrunching up my nose. “Ye know, I don’t think you would’ve gotten this far without those things. I guess you could always get another girl to do it.” I say, finishing the tie. 

“Yeah right. I don’t know how ye can stand it anyways. I don’t think anyone could replace ye.” 

“I’m ready!” Ringo says, coming out of the room with a tie in his hand, I turn away from George - not daring to finish the conversation and fix Ringo’s tie quickly, before ducking my way back into the sitting room. Ringo and George follow behind a few seconds. George, Ringo, Paul, John, Mal and Brian all get into one elevator. Leaving Donna, Neil and I in another one, going to the back stage and other employs went to take our stuff to the back and down to the car. 

The boys ended up playing six songs including: She Loves You, This Boy, All My Loving, I Saw Her Standing There, From Me To You and their top hit I Want To Hold Your Hand. The performance was broadcasted live making sure Donna and I kept our volume to a minimum. It turned out to have the same amount of views as their first one had. After they had finished filming, the hotel manger gave us a party. 

The boys - not wanting to be rude - stuck around for awhile, talking and mixing with people who they had no clue who they were. After a while of talking, eating and drinking we were taken out to the cars and on an hour car ride to the beach house. 

“Did we do good?” Ringo asked, tapping his foot nervously as the car started. 

“Brill as always.” Donna told him and like they had every night thanked us for our support. 

“Have you ever been here, Eppy?” George asked, as we got closer to the house. 

“Actually, no. It’s supposed to be extravagant though!” Brian told him, a smile lighting his face

“Will the owner be there?” I asked

“Not at the moment. He’s coming back on our third day I reckon.” Brian told me, and he was right. The place coming towards it was extravagant. Big black gate, that had two different places to stop at with two different codes. The house was big and white, a big staircase leading up to it. The house was expensive obviously, but it had such a simple feeling to it, like you could have a family their, or a fancy dinner party. The shutters were a light blue and the land was mostly sand, a wrap around porch lead you to the back’yard’ which lead you to the beach almost immediately. A pool, hot tub and lawn chairs littered the east side of the backyard. 

Donna and I ran up to pick out rooms, like five year olds just moving into a new house. But the truth is; I felt like it, I had been so accustomed to things and now I’m being treated like a queen, getting things that I could only think of and even not think of. Their was a balcony on five off of five of the rooms, I picked the one looking right out to the middle of the yard and straight to the beach, Donna quickly picked the one under the pool -making jokes of jumping into it the whole time- and the other three were up to fight over fro George, Ringo, Brian and whoever else, even if I did have a strong feeling that George will pick the one overlooking the only garden - and the only nice green vegetation in sight. 

I was up in the bedroom with Paul now, putting things away in our bedroom. The house smelled like fresh sheets and the beach, I loved the air, like every time you breathed it in you relaxed a bit more each time. The room was relaxing too. “So we’re running away tonight, yes?” Paul said picking me up, away from the clothes I was folding and onto the bed. 

“Sure Paul,” I said a light sarcastic tone in my voice before pressing my lips to his and giggling “Make the plans and I’ll be there.” 

“There’s no need for plans, just you and I. An empty road. So what do you say.” Paul told me and I looked at him, trying to see if he was being sarcastic or not, but his eyes were pleading with the truth. 

“Yer serious then, yeah?” 

“Yes of course.” 

“Yes.” 

“Yes, you’ll come?” 

“Of course. Wherever you’re going, I’ll be there.” I told him and he pulled me to him. 

“Yes!” He exclaimed, making us both laugh. 

*********

It was reaching around one in the morning, everyone had gone off to their separate bedrooms and seemed to quiet down. Paul and I whispered, throwing random things into a small bag quietly. I felt nervous about leaving in the middle of the night just with Paul, but every time he’d smile at me, it sent shivers down my spine and reassured everything. 

“Ready then?” Paul asked, his grin big. 

“ ‘Course. Let’s go.” I whispered back, wrapping my fingers around his and slipping my sandals on. We both had some of our money and Paul had the bag, we slipped quietly down the stairs, skipping the fifth step, now knowing how it creaks. Paul made sure to take a spare key and we went out the backdoor. 

The cold, humid air hit my face and I relaxed as we found our way down to the beach. The moon and stars glimmered up in the sky, providing enough light for us to find our way. Everything felt right, the sand was cool between my feet, the waves crashing had a certain tune to them, the water was warm too. 

“I’m so glad I came.” I told him, finally speaking up. We had just sat down, the waves barely reaching our feet. The house seemed like a speck in the distance. 

“So am I. I’m happy to just be with you, and now I have you all here to myself.” Paul said, looking at me. 

“I feel like I haven’t been with you in forever actually. It’s crazy actually…. I mean how much that scares me.” I admit. 

“It scares you to not be with me?” 

“It’s odd actually. I don’t feel the same; like how I should. I don’t know, it’s stupid.” 

“It’s not stupid.” 

“Yes it is.” 

“Well then I’m stupid.”

“What’re you talking about Paul?” 

“I feel the same way, ye know. Like it just feels weird to not be with you, and talk to you everyday.”

“Well you know what? We’ve got each other now, so let’s enjoy it.” 

“Agreed. You want to stay here?” 

“I wouldn’t mind.” 

“Neither would I.” Paul tells, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me back down into the sand with him. That night consisted of stories and looking at the stars, I luckily got some perfect pictures too. Paul had opened up a lot, telling me more stories of his childhood- especially his mom. Sleep soon overridden our bodies and we slept there, a blanket wrapped around us. 

***********

“Ma’am? Sir?” a voice that I’ve never heard called from above me, I opened my eyes and then shut them quickly the bright sun and blue sky stained my cornea. “Do you live here? This is a private beach.” 

“I-um” I began to say sitting up and rubbing my eyes, making Paul wake up during the process. “We’re visiting.” 

“If you don’t mind me asked who?” The lady asked me in a rude tone

“Down the beach, um, what’s his name again Paul?” I began to say as he sat up. 

“Oh! I know you! Somewhere, I can’t think of wh-” 

“I’m George Martin’s nephew,” Paul stated, stepping in. “A producer friend of his lives here, yeah. This is my girlfriend, we just left trying to escape the madness. We’ve probably met before.” Paul said, trying to best at a non-Liverpool accent, which actually worked out well. 

“Oh yes! That must be it. Tell Mr. Martin I said hello alright.” She said, smiling unlike how she had been when I first met her. “Nice to meet you and see you again.” The lady told us and strode back up to her house. 

“Well, you’re a great liar.” I said, looking at Paul who gave me his best baby face. 

“No way, I told the truth… Mostly. You are my bird, we’re visiting Martin’s producer friend and we did come out here to escape the madness, yeah?” 

“Right, right.” I said nodding, now that I actually thought about it, it wasn’t really that much of a lie at all. “We should get a move on then.” 

“Yeah, course,” Paul said, standing up then holding out his hand “We can head up the beach. Ye know, I did see some lone cabins for rent.” 

“Really?” I asked excitedly, as I dusted off the sand from my body. 

“Yes. Come ‘ed then. Let’s go.” Paul said taking my hand and pulling me along the shoreline. The sun hasn’t risen much left, so the air is still comfortable and there’s barely anyone in sight. 

***Donna’s POV***

I’m finally getting some time to relax after the tour, laying in bed the sun casting through the open curtains. Last night was nice; finally getting to breath a sigh of relief knowing that we wouldn’t have to deal with -most- of the fans and busy scheduling. I trace words with my fingers softly on John’s bare chest, he’s a pretty heavy sleeper and I’m not surprised when he doesn’t stir. I close my eyes, memorized by the soft pounding of the waves and fall back asleep. 

This time when I wake up it’s not so good. Ringo is shaking my arm, trying to wake me “What-” I begin my voice groggy “What is it?” 

“They’re gone.” Ringo states his voice deadly low, my eyes shoot open at his tone. 

“Hm? Who? What’s going on?” 

“Shhhh. I don’t want you waking anyone else up,” Ringo says, holding his finger to his lips. “Emily and Paul, they weren’t in their bedroom and there was a note lying on the coffee table.” 

“Well what’d it say then?” 

“It just said that Paul and her were leaving, that they needed some time to relax and they’d be home soon. Not to worry and she loves us all.” 

“Then don’t worry.” I tell him smoothly. 

“What? What’re you sayin’ ‘don’t worry’? I’ll worry all about that bloke and bird.” 

“Ringo, don’t be dim. She wouldn’t have gone out unless Paul had convinced her or they really needed some alone time and to relax. So, I’m sure they’re safe and thankful that yer worried about them but still want you to keep yer knickers out of it.” 

“Well then what’re we supposed to say?” 

“How about; ‘Paul met an old friend and they went out for the day.’? Yeah? I’m sure they won’t be long you know. They didn’t seem to pack heavy did they?” 

“No bu-” 

“But nothing. Go back to bed and rest your racing mind. Everything’ll be alright.” 

“Yeah, ‘course. Thanks Donna.” Ringo says, and leaves the room quickly. I try to settle back into bed and get comfortable, but I can’t seem to thinking about where Paul and Emily could only be. John looks so peaceful in his sleep; innocent almost. I get up out of bed and go down stairs. 

Nobody was awake, but now I’d pretty much expect them to be; although life as an international star must be tough. I decide to warm them up with a simple brunch, not even Brian had been awake by now, but I’m sure it was just a matter of time. I was right, hearing heavy steps from the stairs down to the kitchen. 

“Goodmorning!” He says loudly stretching and yawing like a cat “Donna?” 

“Yes George, it’s me. Don’t seem to surprised now.” I tell him, pointing my spatula at him. 

“I thought you usually slept in…” 

“I did, it’s already the afternoon. I just kept waking up and finally couldn’t be put back to sleep.” 

“Bad dreams eh?” 

“Maybe. I can’t remember them that much now that you say something about it. But it could’ve been.” 

“My brother always had bad dreams whenever we were in somewhere new. But I think that’s pretty understandable.” 

“I came to the assumption that all of the Harrison boys weren’t scared of anything. Very tough ye know.” 

“Aye! When we were lil blokes! And I thought you were always right, what happened to that?” 

“I’m only right about things that I want to be right about.” 

“Sure, sure. Ye want me to get the rest of the lot.” 

“Yes. Thank you George.” I tell him and he nods, retreating upstairs. All the bedroom doors open, except for one and I’m glad he had saved Paul’s for last. But all too quickly he’s skipping down the stairs. 

“Emily and Paul aren’t in their bedrooms?” George informs me and I try to act shocked while setting the table, but he quickly sees through my cover “you knew?” 

“Just a little,”  I tell him “But I had no clue they were going to leave or where they went if it makes you feel any better. They didn’t have the mind to tell anyone.” 

“Well that’s good. We’re still going to the beach no matter what!” George said excitedly like it hadn’t bothered him at all. Yet, a big smile strained on his lips “I still wanna learn how to surf.” 

“I’m sure you’ll learn.” I tell him as John and Ringo descend from the stairs. 

“What will he learn? Hopefully how to wake someone up without spilling water on their head.” John chimes in laughing as he messes up George’s hair. 

“Aye now” Ringo calls sleepily like a father telling his kids to break it up. 

“Yeah, God John,” George tells him, pushing himself from his head lock. “We were talking about learning how to surf.” 

“You surfing?” Ringo asked laughing and shaking his head “No way.” 

“Come on.” I told them bringing the plate to the table and messing up John’s hair while passing him, making George let out a satisfied ‘Ha!’. 

“I can’t believe it.” Brian murmured under his breathe coming down the steps. 

“What’s up Eppy?” John asked. 

“You.” Brian said pointing a finger at me. “Come ‘ere. I needa talk to you.” Brian says and walks into the sitting room, he’s already dressed up in light khakis and a light blue shirt and now smoking a cigarette rubbing his temples. 

“What’s going on?” I ask, trying my card with pretending to not know.

“Oh dear, I think you know,” Brian says his voice low but mad “the two of them left then yes? Did you know anything about this?” 

“No I swear I didn’t even know they were leaving!” 

“They didn’t leave a note?” 

“Ringo has it.” 

“Who all knows?” 

“Everyone except John, he’s only been up for five minutes.” 

“Take them out then today. Go to the beach or in the pools, go around driving. Do something, get them away so I can try to handle this.” 

“Well what’re you planning to do about it?” 

“What do you think? I’ll send out a search crew if I need to. Emily told me she wouldn’t leave. I gave them the break for that exact reason.” 

“Well… I don’t think it was necessarily her plan. You know how Paul is. They’ll be back before Mr. Martin friend returns, they even put it in the note. Please don’t stress to bad about this Brian.” 

“I’ll try not to. But in the mean time, take the boys out and get Ringo to give me the note.” 

“Alright. And don’t forget to have breakfast, ye know it’s the most important meal of the day; even if it is afternoon time.” I tell him with a big playful grin and he returns a small one of his own. Going back into the kitchen I see the boys still eating, well not really eating more like fighting. “You guys are just too adorable.” I cooed leaning against the stove all three of the boys look up at me.

“I think she meant me.” John snorted, an amused look on his face. 

“Ye know she said adorable.” Ringo fired back.

“Yep, so she meant me!” George chimed in, setting off a whole new round of ‘me’s. 

“Or I meant my boyfriend and his band mates. But for all you know I could think the complete opposite and be reading from some magazine.”  I tell them a sly grin playing on my face and John looked horrified. 

“You know you love us.” Ringo said assuring. 

“Yeah, yeah. Sadly I love all three of ye blokes.” 

“So you don’t love Paulie?” George asked

“He didn’t ask.” I stated simply, “So surfing yeah?” 

“Yes!” George exclaims. 

“Do ye know of a place?” John asked no one in particular. 

“We should try here first you know. It’ll be safer.” I told him and they agreed. “Then go get your bathing suits on yeah?” 

“Yeah, I suppose. I’ll be back.” George told us and ran up stairs, Ringo following behind him. 

“Are ye gonna get in the water?” John asked me once we were alone. 

“Yes of course. Will you be?” I asked John who seemed quite unsure. 

“ ‘Course. Lets go get ready.” 

********

An hour or two later and we’re all in our swim wear with surf boards, plus some skim boards Martin had picked up. At the moment I’m sitting in the sun, watching John and Ringo fall on their butts trying to ride the small incoming waves. I had to teach them at first the way I had once learned; as the tides going back out throw the board down, run to it and jump on it. Then you’ll literally be gliding on water. 

I was contently watching Ringo trying-but failing miserably-to glide on the water and add a little color to my skin, before a ball comes and hits me on the side of my head. “Who was that?!” I yelled turning towards the direction it can from and seeing John’s copper hair shine as he tried to hide. “John Winston!” I say giggling as he comes out. 

“Yes ma’am?” John says playing innocent. 

“What’s this?” I ask as he eyes the ball in my hands. 

“A sign from the beach volleyball God’s? Ye know what they say. They always work in mysterious ways.” 

“Oh so they want us to play volley ball then?” 

“Beach. W-well…. At least I think.”

“Fine. Two-on-two.” I say and quickly add in “I call George!!!” 

“You and George against me and Ringo? Good luck!” 

“Thanks! But you’ll be the one needing it.” I state, getting up off my towel and ushering George out of the water.

“All right?” George asks me once he’s on the shore where I’m waiting for him. 

“I’m sure we will be. We just need to beat John and Ringo in a game of beach volley ball which should be easy.” 

“Well aren’t you a lucky ducklin’ havin’ me on yer team.” George tells me and then we start to set up how we’re going to dominate in the game. 

It was the last serve of the game, we’re all tied up 1 game to 1 game and this is our tie breaker. John just hit the ball all the way out of bounce making George and I go get it, but also enough time to talk about our final technique. 

“I think it went over here.” I say, not even believing John hit it that far. We’re pretty far away from him now. “Did you see where it went George?” I asked running a hand through my hair, getting sort of frustrated. No response. “George?” I ask again looking up to see him starring off at something in the distance. Two girls actually who are now closing distance. 

“ ‘Ello love’s!” George says calling the two girls over. I’m not too surprised that they follow, George has a pretty thick accent and it seems to me every American girl finds it a total turn on. 

“Hi,” the two girls say at the same time in front of both George and I. I can tell they know he’s one of the Beatles by how red their face’s are and the little dance her feet are doing; a nervous tick. “I’m Caroline,” the first girl says seeming less timid, sticking out a hand for George which he takes to shake. Caroline had long dark brown hair that seemed lightened by the sun, intense brown eyes and a medium dark tan and red one piece bathing suit to complete the look. “And this is Destiny.” Caroline says, pushing her friend forward a bit from behind. Destiny seems kind of shy, but is pretty like her friend. Unlike the long hair Caroline sports, she wears hers in a pixie cut making her dirty blonde hair frame her face perfectly, she’s not as tan as her friend and his a cute little ‘up’ nose, along with wearing her black and white polka-dot one suit bathing suit. 

“What brings you two her?” George asked them. 

“We live right down near her.” Caroline states, pointing in the direction where we’re staying, “How ‘bout yourself. That accent is definitely not from around here.” 

“Liverpool, I’m Geo-” He begins to introduce herself but she waves her hand dismissing his words. 

“I know who you are. We watched you guys on the TV the other night.” Caroline says with a big smile, obviously star struck. I clear my throat a bit, reminding George and my presence. 

“Oh! You guys! Sorry, this is Donna. She’s a very good friend.” George told the two girls, pulling me towards them, I extend my hand taking both of theirs but Caroline gives me an odd look. 

“How ‘bout we get back yeah? You can introduce them to the other two. I’m sure John’s worried by now.” I tell them and see little Destiny’s eyes light up. 

“Will Ringo be there?” Destiny chipped up, saying the first few words I’d ever hear her speak. 

“Yep, course.” I say smiling at her, she lets out a little squeal that’s barely audible and then follows us back to wear we had set down our beach stuff. 

“Took ye long enough.” John grumbled as George came back into sight. “And you don’t have me ball either!” 

“Yes, but he brought two birds.” Ringo tells him, standing up.

“Ringo, John this is Caroline and Destiny. Destiny, Caroline, this is Ringo and John.” I introduce them, pointing to the right person, John gave them a small smile but Ringo gave Destiny a hand shake- Caroline being to caught up in George for greetings. 

“Right, well Donna and I’ll be going.” John says taking his hand in mine and pulling me towards him. “Play nice kids!” he shouts, turning around slightly. “You guys took forever.” 

“It’s not my fault you hit the ball so far now is it?” I said jokingly and he grinned back at me. 

“Yet I didn’t tell you to stop and pick up two strange girls now did I?”

“I didn’t do it! George did it!” 

“Ah so it’s George’s fault now isn’t it?” 

“If the shoe fits…” 

“Yeah, yeah. He’ll lace it up later. Now, what do you want to do?” 

“Well, you seem to have an idea in mind. Since you asked and all, well at least I hope you do.” 

“Stay right here then.” John says, leaving me standing at the shore as he runs back to the white house. I try calling his name out but now he’s already halfway to the house by now, I sit down waiting for him, lulled by the sound of waves. A few minutes later, John sneaks up behind me “I’m back.” John says, making me jump. “Oh sorry love, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“It’s alright, I just didn’t see you there.” I told him as he sat down in the sand, a basket in his lap. 

“That’s not important.” John says, sanding back up and handing me his hand, “Come ‘ed.” I follow him my hand tucked away in his. Where almost there.” John states, interrupting me in the middle of my sentence after a while of walking. 

We approach a small purple blanket that was spread out in the sand. A single candle was in the middle, along with one of John’s acoustic guitar. John quickly sat down on the blanket and opened the basket, motioning for me to sit down. “John this is awesome. You did this all for me?” I ask looking out at the shore line; a lot of the time you can’t tell the difference between the shore line and sky line, but it was obvious now the sky lit up with different tints of pinks, reds, oranges, blues and purples. 

“ ’Course love. Who else?” John said, taking his hand in mine. “I can’t really cook. So I had Brian pick up some fish and chips” John tells me retrieving the fried food out of the basket passing me beer in a plastic cup. 

After taking a bit of the sandwich that I hoped would resemble those of old Liverpool I found out the exact opposite “Wow… That’s…. Interesting.” I said starring at the food, the only good part had been the chips which I’m sure Brian had to translate to get fries. 

“Disgusting is what I’m guessing ye meant to say.” John said, reading my mind most likely and chucking the food back into the basket. “Come ‘ere. At least let me enjoy you.” John stated and pulled me closer to him. I sat in between his open legs leaning back on him with his hands wrapped around my waist. 

“I could spend all night with you here.” John stated, as we watched the sun go down and the stars lighting up the sky one by one. 

“I don’t know, it’s pretty cold.” I said jokingly rubbing my arms. 

“I could always warm ye up, ya know.” John told me pulling me closer to him. 

“Have you ever heard people talking about stars? How they say each one in a person’s soul who has died. It’s odd when you think about it- yet the stars seem so much different here. I know the constalations and all. But still.” 

“You want to know why they’re different here love? It’s because America’s a different country, so the souls visit them, they’re always changing position because there are so many of them, it’s someone new showing up.” 

“It’s quite amazing to think about.” I tell him starring up at the nighttime sky, it kept getting darker each moment that passed. 

“People always think that extraordinary things are hard to make. I just wonder how hard it was to make someone like you.” John says, his voice smooth like he’s in a dream state then kisses my head. “I think it’s about to we go. It’s gettinnnnn’ late yea?” 

“Um, yeah… sure.” I tell him and pick myself up standing up and grabbing the basket. 

“Ah, ah. No love, I’ll carry that.” John says talking the back from my hand and putting his hand there instead. 

“I’m sure George and Ringo’ll be gone, don’t ye think. They sure did chat up those girls.” I said keeping my eyes on the dark windows in the white house. 

“Ay’. Don’t count them being out all night.” John tells me trying to suppress a laugh. 

“I know, I know. But I guess that’ll leave us all alone for a while then yea?” 

“Whata ‘bout Paul and Emily?” 

“We don’t know when they’ll be home… All they need is some space really, they probably feel trapped.” 

“I know yer right.” John told me and stopped to take off his sandals on the back porch. “I’m just worried, can’t blame me can ye?” 

“No, no I am too. But when people run away… you can’t expect that everything’s okay and that something bad”ll happen, it’s Paul and Emily, John.” 

“I know, I know. Okay, how ‘bout I can start a movie and some popcorn and ye can get that wet bathing suit off. I already did when I came in.” John said reassuringly. I nodded and walked up the stairs just now noticing how sore and stiff I’ve become from just lying around compared to surfing and volley ball. I quickly change into some comfortable clothes, put my hair into a ponytail and walk back down the stairs. As promised, the smell of popcorn was wafting through the air as John sat down on the long couch. 

“What’re we watching love?” I asked, sitting beside him. 

“The Day The Earth Stood Still.” John told me with a smile and pulled me closer. I have a strong feeling I’ll be scared for life after watching this one. 

****************************

***Emily’s POV***

I woke up late, but not actually caring what time it was I just sat in bed starring at my sleeping Paul. It had been three days since we’ve been in this cramped tiny cabin; but it actually seemed quite roomy. There was a small bathroom, old couch and a small double bed and barely small kitchen. They weren’t separated by a room or anything either, it was the definition of a open floor plan- well except for the bathroom and all. 

“This isn’t working Emily…” Paul mumbled in his sleep. I have to wonder what in the world he’s talking about. 

“What isn’t going to work Paul?” I ask him, trying to make it sound like I was in his dream. 

“How do you expect me to sleep when yer starring at me?” Paul says, smiling at me brightly as he sits up in bed. 

“I’m sorry.” 

“It’s fine dear, just know; pictures last longer.” 

“Ah, yes. But now you’re awake. I wouldn’t dare anymore.” 

“Well later tonight you can… I’ve been thinking. Would ye like to go back? The bed is all I can complain about surprisingly enough. But yea ye know soon they’ll take drastic measures.” 

“Paul it was your plan to come here after all. We can leave whenever you want.” 

“Alri’. Let me get me stuff packed and we’ll be on our way.” 

*******

Sadly we had to leave the beautiful little cabin, but he was right; John and George were discussing us once we came back. Mr. Marin’s friend had been back that night and today apparently and was also in the conversation in our ’disappearance’. 

But I can’t say that I was looking forward to being with everyone again, and still I cant say that I wasn’t. Paul and I had the most amazing three days together. We found our own little small beach right under a cliff that is hidden, we danced under the moonlight and Paul worked on some of his new songs for the album, while I worked more on my photography gaining a ton of photos that I’d need to develop soon.

“Well I’d love to take you guys on the boat.” George Martin friends, Mr. Jones who insisted we call him Oliver, said. 

“We need to have a long talk.” Brian stated starring at Paul and I in an almost disgusted way. 

“There’s nothing to be talked about,” Paul said as if we hadn’t ran away for almost four days. “Emily told me not to go, I practically kidnapped her, it’s a good thing she didn’t call the cops on me.” 

“Is this true Emily?” Brian asked me

“ Course it is.” Paul answered for me and that settled it. I was to be ready in at most an hour, ready for a day on the high seas. I quickly got changed wearing a purple bathing suit and white cover up, then went back down stairs to make a ’I’m sorry for stealing your band mate and ruining a few plans’ lunch. 

I was wrapping up the last sandwich when I heard George’s voice echo into the kitchen “Yes I am sorry… I told you… yes I had an amazing time with you last night… course and the night before… it’s a business thing ye see… no she didn’t…. yes… I’ll try… I think we’re leaving earlier… I’ve got to be going… no… no way… no, look I just can’t… goodbye.” I wondered who he was talking to but decided that I shouldn’t butt in especially since I wasn’t sure if I actually wanted to know. But that didn’t stop Ringo. 

“Geo, who was that?” Ringo asked him, I could hear his voice coming closer to the door and I turned back to the basket. 

“Caroline.” George stated, sounding stressed and I could hear him flick his lighter on. 

“Ah that bird ye chatted up I bet sh-” Ringo began to say but stopped once he saw me standing in the kitchen. “Ay’ yer ready.” Ringo said, looking me up and down which I did the same to him, he was wearing his swimming trunks and a button up shirt. 

“Who’re ye talkin’ to?” George asked I actually hadn’t seen him all morning, I only guessed he had overslept. Ringo stepped out of the doorway so George could peer in and look up at him. 

“I’m glad yer back and safe!” George said twirling me around making me giggle. 

“Paul officially kidnapped me. Plus he left a note, right?” 

“I never read it. But I’m glad yer back anyways. Ye better be ready to learn yer sea legs!”

“I will!” I told him, ready for the exciting trip.

************

I was very very wrong. I hadn’t been ready to get my sea legs, because I completely lost them and almost fell on my face once I reach dry, non-moving land. We went back the next day, Oliver made sure we got plenty of sun, swimming and fishing done. It had been a great few days and it felt great just hanging out, not worrying one bit about the press, fans, or rules. 

We left for our trip back to the UK early this morning. We’d be landing in Heathrow Airport and there was said to be a special present for us waiting there. I looked down on the ground and saw them, it was only 7am and there were over ten thousand fans waiting outside to greet their idols. My heart was beating with anxiety as we landed. God, wish us luck. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 248 30
When Lizzie meet Paul McCartney at a book store, she knows who he is, but she had never been a big fan. She seems to catch his eye, and he just keep...
2K 27 13
"Love me Johnny, love me sweet..." When John invited Paul to Stu's party, everything in their lifes changed. Mclennon fanfic High school era *abuse...
2.6K 51 20
Paul McCartney was a shy lad, he never really went outside of his bubble. He didn't have very many friends as it has always been him and his best fri...
4.8K 290 27
Paul McCartney can see into the future. All his life his been looking forward to the day that he meets John Lennon and starts the Beatles. The only i...