Till There Was You

By lovelyringo

Born in America, then moving to Liverpool; Emily seemed like a regular girl. That is until she meets The Beat... More

A Taste Of Honey
There's A Place
Devil In Her Heart
I Wanna Be Your Man..
And I Love Her
Hold Me Tight
Anna (Go To Him)
Rock And Roll Music
I've Just Seen A Face (Might Change)
Things We Said Today
A Hard Days Night
Dr. Roberts
P.S. I Love You
I Need You
Till There Was You
Birthday
Please Please Me
If I Fell
Good Day Sunshine
Roll Over Beethoven
Hello Little Girl
Baby It's You
I Want To Hold Your Hand
From Me To You (Part 2)
I'm A Loser
Every Little Thing
Baby's In Black
Mr. Moonlight
Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby
It's Only Love

From Me To You (Part 1)

289 5 0
By lovelyringo

Chapter 23; 

(part 1)

After the insane trip from the planes to the cars, we were taken to the hotel to settle in. The boys had a press conference, Donna and I had both thought it’d be a good idea to settle in. The hotel was in New York City and quite the ride since we had taken a limousine. Luckily the four thousand girls stayed behind to watch the press conference, so we hadn’t got stopped trying to get into the hotel. Neil, stayed with us and helped bring up our luggage. 

It was getting around seven, when finally the boys started arriving. One-by-one, all taking different limos, but the crowd around the hotel was warning enough that we wouldn’t be going anywhere in the mere future. I was sitting in my bedroom, talking to Donna about girl stuff, the boys had come and gone, back to Brian’s room talking of rehearsals for the Ed Sullivan show. The door opened and shut and Ringo’s voice called out for me “Emily! Donna! Hurry here!” Donna and I looked at each other and quickly got up rushing from Paul and I’s little separate bedroom to the living room. 

“What’s wrong?” I quickly asked and the pointed towards a pale looking George. 

“Georgies sick.” John stated and I went to his side. Maybe I was good to keep around, I did have somewhat of a degree in nursing. 

“John, get me a thermometer, there should be one under the sink.” I directed, sitting down next to George on the floor and feeling his head. “Paul, get me a cold wash cloth. Ringo has Brian called a doctor?” 

“No, no” George said, coughing “I don’t need a doctor.” 

“Ringo has he?” 

“Yeah, should be over soon.” Ringo told me and I nodded, John giving me the thermometer, with a plastic guard over it, I made him tuck it under his tongue and waited till it took to put the cloth over his head. The doctor knocked on the door, after Brian had talked to him about privacy and legal issues. After he had the check-up he took Brian, Donna, The Boys and I to the back, leaving George on the couch. 

“He’ll be okay right? By the 9th he’ll be feeling better, shouldn’t he?” A nervous Brian asked. 

“He might. Someone needs to give him this medicine every three hours.” The doctor told him 

“While practicing?” Brian asked hopefully. 

“ ‘fraid not. He has a temperature of 102 degrees. Unless you have a nurse that makes him eat right, drink right and take his meds, he might not even be able to perform on the ninth.” 

“I have a degree in nursing.” I stated proudly. 

“But you were supposed to come to the rehearsal.” Paul whined. 

“Paul, if I don’t stay you might be rehearsing for nothing.”

“I’m afraid she’s right. I’d be happy to show you the best way to give him the meds, and a faster way to take his temperature.”

“Will that be okay Brian?” I asked, knowing we needed his okay for everything. 

“Yeah, we’ll get Neil to do his part in rehearsal.” 

“Okay. Well show me what you know doc.” 

That’s how it went, he showed me what to do while taking his temperature, and giving him his meds, plus what he should and shouldn’t eat. I was surprised that I had already known most of the things but I let him continue on teaching me. After the doctor had left and we told George the plan we sent him to bed so he could get plenty of rest. Brian ended up ordering Room Service, getting it sent to his bedroom and then bringing it to ours.  

“Are you sure yer okay with staying with Georgie? I’m sure Mal wouldn’t mind.” Paul stated, getting ready for bed, I was already laying in bed, having taken a shower after the doctor left. 

“Paulie, I’m fine with it. Why else would I have tried getting a degree in nursing if I didn’t actually want to nurse people.” I told him “Wait, don’t tell me you’re jealous.” 

“I’m not love. I’m just worried about Geo. Plus, I don’t want my pretty little girl getting sick.” Paul told me, slipping into the bed and pulling me towards him. 

“Prove it.” I told him, a smirk on my lips as he pulled me even closer and let me give him a kiss. Paul pulled himself over on-top of me and bit at my neck making a loud gasp and moan leave my lips. I hit him and pushed him off me with a giggle “We have neighbors!” I said, thinking of George next door and Donna and John on the other side of our room, we were right in the middle of everyone. 

“Be quieter than.” Paul teased with a smirk before kissing my forehead and turning off the light. 

************************

I woke up alone in the bed, Paul must have let me slept in. Checking the clock it only read 8:27am, I got out of bed and made my way towards the living room. George’s sickly cough, echoed through the hall, strangely coming from the opened rooms, kitchen and living room included. 

“George?” I called out, the lump of his body came to view at the kitchen table. “Geo, what’re you doing up?” 

“I wanted breakfast,” George told me coughing “But you weren’t awake.” 

“I am here to take care of you George. If you need anything; ask me. Anyways, what would you like?” 

“I just want tea for now.” George told me, giving up and sitting down at the small table. George’s voice sounded a little scratchy but I could tell he was sick. 

“Alright George.” I told him, ruffling his hair a bit as I passed him, making tea quick and remembering his does of medicine. “George you’re gonna have to take this.” I told him, holding up the glass amber bottle. 

“No way” 

“George seriously, it’ll make you feel better.” 

“But it’ll taste horrible!” 

“Hold your nose and throw it back! Act like you’re taking a shot.” 

“Do you promise it won’t taste nasty?” 

“I haven’t tried it, but if it does, I’ll make it up to you.” 

“Fine, you have to take a dose.” 

“Georg-” 

“You know they always put extra!” 

“Fine.” I tell him, as he finished fixing his coffee and I sat in front of him, measuring out a spoonful of the medicine. 

“Yuck.” George said, starring as the thick liquid filled the spoon. 

“Open.” I tell him

“I’m starting to rethink this!” 

“George! No, come on. I’ll feed it to you like a baby!” 

“That’ll be better than me doing it!!!” George exclaimed at me, sitting back down. 

“Fine, come here.” I told him, pulling myself closer to him “Open wide” I say and he did, I put the spoon at the end of his throat, his fingers holding his nose and in my other hands his tea, I quickly dropped the contents in his throat, he swallowed and then rammed at my hands for the tea. 

“See? Wasn’t that bad huh?” I said, tapping his nose. 

“No, not at all. To bad yer gonna ’ave to do that eve’ytime.” 

“Sure George.” I told him laughed and picked up the bottle, reading the information and side effects. It seemed normal, drowsiness, itching, mood swings, and that the effects may worsen with alcohol consumption, do not operate heavy machinery. 

“Do you ever get tired?” George asked me, still giddy and playing with my hands, almost like a five year old would. 

“Sure I do George, I don’t always sleep a lot.” 

“Not that, Gracie.” George said and a quick smile formed on my lips, John was the last to call me that. “Do you ever get tired of bein’ the strong one, or jus’ bein’ with us?” 

“Sometimes… But not of you guys, ya know. You guys are the closest thing to family I’ve got. I don’t think I’m strong at all…” 

“You are, you are though Miss. Gracie. So tell me, what’s wrong?” 

“Nothing much, I guess I get tired like you said.” 

“You know what?” George asked, his eyes closing a little more each time he talked, I could tell he was becoming drowsy. “Sometimes, I can’t see anything. I can see, but figuratively I can’t look into the future or right now. Only the past. All I’ve done wrong.” 

“George you really should lay down. The medicine is starting to e-” 

“Can you tell me why?” George said, his eyes were so close to being shut, but I could see them pleading, before he tried to pull himself up. 

“Come on George.” I said, giving him a hand and he put all of his dead weight on me, George and I fell on the couch together and I couldn’t move from under him “George” I whispered but he never flinched. I laid beside him for a while, brushing his hair out of his eyes, the fringe trying to cover up his eyebrows. George moved rapidly in his sleep, so did his eyes, talking aloud for a second or two. I didn’t seem like they portrayed it in the movies, not cute, but frightening. 

“George!” I said quickly, his body was hot, almost sweating. “Georgie wake up.” I told him and his body flinched, his eyes bolting open before he looked me up and down and held onto me, like a scared kid. 

“George, are you okay?” 

“F-fi-fine. J-just cold.” George told me shivering, even though his skin was hot to the touch, it’s a sign od being sick. 

“Let me go get you a blanket!” I said, trying to rush to my feet but he pulled me back down. 

“D-don’t leave me.” George said, his voice seeming to quiver “please.” 

“I won’t leave you Georgie.” I said, wrapping my arms tight around him, whether it was the medicine, or the dream, or him being sick; he needed me and I would never leave him in his time of need. He never left me, we I needed him. 

I drifted quickly off to sleep, just like George did a few minutes before I did. I didn’t see anything. I thought that maybe if I wrapped up in him I could see what had been scaring him, yet it never came through. I woke up, feeling as if I was falling, George was still nestled at my side and I pulled out easily from under him. I quickly went to his room, pulled off a blanket and brought it back to him, wrapping it around him. I then continued to the kitchen were I quickly made him some soup. 

The day went on, me caring for little George. George tried to help out a lot, which I made him stop every time he would start. I still gave him his medicine in the same way and I laughed every time. It was getting late almost ten, Paul called during his breaks making sure everything was okay and I’d laugh at his voice, mix with jealousy and concern. But now I was playing UNO with George and winning big time. 

“Uno!” I shouted as I laid my blue seven on top of his green one, George gave me an evil smirk and sent a reverse card my way. I looked at my card, and I couldn’t play it. I picked up another. 

“Ooooh, that worked eh?” George said, laying down another one of his blues, I again had to draw, and smirked seeing the change color cards. George laid down one more blue “UNO!” George yelled and I watched him as he eyed me suspiciously. 

I quickly played my bonus card “Red!” I shouted and his grin began big as  he laid down a red four. 

“I win!!!!” George shouted, doing a little dance and I smiled, watching him I couldn’t help but laugh; if I’d known he’d do this I would’ve let him win more. Ringo comes in the door, shutting it behind of him panting. “Yer okay mate?” George asked and Ringo didn’t reply, a series of pants and a thumbs up showing he’d be alright. 

“That was a close one back there.” Ringo finialy said, breathing a sigh of releif and picking up the deck of cards.

“Did you happen to lose my boyfriend?” I asked him, I could expect John and Donna to go out, but Paul? 

“Ay, he’s clawin’ his way through to see his girl.” Ringo said shooting me a teasing smile, I rolled my eyes and he laughed at me “So we’re playin’ yea?” Paul come in, just as Ringo had, panting then sitting down to play a game of UNO. it seemed odd actually, it was getting pretty late and they’d start shooting at Eight. “Teams then I guess?” Ringo asked and we all agreed, Paul scooting himself closer to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder. 

“Ye nursed the lil one back to health?” Paul asked, while playing. 

“Yea, she did. I’m feelin’ much better.” George said with a smile, Ringo was about to have uno, yet so was I. 

“It’s no problem at all.” I told him, then looked at the green seven in my hand, George laid down a green four. “Well, I may have to nurse Ringo back next…” 

“Why’s that?” Ringo asked quickly

“Cause I just left you in the dust!!!!” I exclaimed, jumping to my feet, Paul gave me a high five and so did George. “Aw, come on, don’t be a sore loser.” 

“I’m no loser. Play again then?” Ringo asked. 

“No way Rings. We need to be up soon, plus Georgie needs his rest and I don’t think there’s any chance of him gettinnn’ it with you to up all night.” Paul said, becoming strict with the older Beatle and I laughed under my breathe. 

“There’ll always be time tomorrow, or while we’re off on the road.” I told him and he nodded in understanding. I made myself and George a sandwich, the other two had already ate at the studio. We had our last cup of tea while Paul and Ringo explained the schedule and songs for tomorrow. I headed to bed before them, George wanted to show Paul a few notes and I became quickly exhausted before running off to take my shower and climb into bed. 

********************************

The next day, Brian knocking on our doors woke me up, I felted pretty rested and looking at the clock I knew why. Brian had a huge thing of breakfast food, coffee and tea sent up, and he, Mal, Neil and the rest of us ate there talking of things to get done today. Brian had already gotten dresses for Donna and I for tonight. They have actually planned our clothes for any public event. 

I smoothed my hand over the nice fabric of the dress. It all seemed odd, being here in America. I didn’t feel as though I was with my boyfriend much anymore. Yet I trudged on. Donna and John had apparently gotten in pretty late last night, and the way her eyes seemed to keep shutting before she had her coffee seemed to speak all, I made a mental note to ask her about that. 

The time was ticking down to six- when we were planned to leave- the whole hotel room seemed frantic. The boys will be performing on the Ed Sullivan Show, which was very important; Ed Sullivan seemed to only have very famous people on his show and judging by the crowds around the hotel outside it seemed to show well. 

Mal and Neil couldn’t handle the crowd alone and the had to call American Authorities which- thank goodness- seemed to work well, clearing out a path so we could get loaded into two cars. 

“Good luck. I’m so proud of you Paulie. They’ll love you. You’ll be making history in no time.” I told Paul, his hands tightly wrapped around mine as if I were speaking wedding vows. I pulled Paul off into a small separate dressing room area, his naturally droopy eyes brightened. 

“You promise?” Paul asked, his voice full of hope. 

“I swear.” I told him and wrapped my arms around him pulling him into a big hug and kiss before he had to leave. Donna and I followed, watching from the curtain. The girls screamed, just hearing their name and it grew painfully louder one they saw them. Donna and I jammed out as they played, even if we barely heard much of their music due to all of the screaming and shrilling fans. Paul pulled me into a sweat filled hug the moment he saw me. 

“They loved us! They really did!” Paul exclaimed and I gave John, Ringo and George their shorter hugs, congratulating them. 

“God that was amazing! Better than yesterday.” Donna said, smiling big. The boys where drinking water, or toweling off. 

“Thank you, thank you.” Ringo said, taking little bows and laughing. 

“It was bloody exhilarating!” John told us. 

“Yea! You two should come join us up there sometime.” George said, jokingly. 

“Wait! Emily you know how to play guitar! She might butt you outa the band. Ye better watch yer back.” Ringo said with a wink.  

We waited for the place to be cleared out before we could leave, and still their were tons of reporters, photographers and some outrageous beatlemanics, who still seemed to scare me.  We retreated back to the safety of the hotel, even though it really didn’t seem to safe anymore; there were more girls this time around, the police barely held them back. I ran hand-in-hand with Donna, Mal covering us for safety reasons. 

We had been ordered to pack up all of our stuff once we reached the hotel. We did so, the room was alive and bright, the boys expressing their excitement about America and the huge crowd. 

“They loved us! I can’t believe it!” George said, folding one of his shirts. 

“Yea! Ye hear that? Wonder how it’ll be with our first concert!” John said and handed Neil his  big so he could take it to the car around back. Brian had us going on another plane but once we had been all packed we were taken to his room. 

“Brilliant! I’ll tell them this instant! I can’t believe it! It’s bloody fantastic! Thank you so much, yes, bye.” Brian said, talking into the hotel phone once we were in his room. 

“What was that all ‘bout?” Ringo asked and Brian turned away from the phone to look at us, a smile that looked like it hurt his jaw was placed on his face. 

“Boys! I have some excellent news!” Brian exclaimed clapping his hands together “The show had 73 MILLION VEIWERS!!!! That’s over two-fifths of Americans! And also the largest amount ever recorded!!!!” He told them, everyone cheered, and I couldn’t believe it! Paul picked me up and spun me around. 

“You were right.” He said kissing me, “We did make history!” and then he pulled me closer whispering in my ear “Yer me lucky charm. And I love you.” 

“I-I love you too.” I told him, shaky being that it was only the second time he really said it. Paul just held me tighter and kissed me; a reassurance that everything would be okay. 

The hotel room hummed again with loud chatter, excitement of the bands success, toasting with rum and coke. Yet, we were still rushed to the airport and to the plane taking us on our way to Washington, D.C. I took my seat beside Paul; he let me sit by the window with Donna and John  sitting across from us, facing us. 

“We’re about to take off.” I stated, hearing the engines turn on, Paul’s face flushed and his hands gripped the arm rest tightly. “Are you okay?” I asked my voice low, so no one accept him could hear me. 

“I have a phobia.. Of taking off ye know.” Paul told me and I took his clammy hand into mine. 

“I’m right here Paul.” I told him, giving off a small smile and he returned a nervous one, squeezing my hand. 

“My lucky charm.” Paul remarked and we were off. The plane ride wasn’t as near as long as the one to New York. We arrived without a crowd, it being the middle of the night and dropping temperatures. Soon we got settled into a hotel, exhausted from the show and plane ride we fell asleep as soon as we hit the beds. 

********************

Today we’d have a free day, but John liked to call it a ‘Free, locked up day’ since we had no choice but to stay in the hotel. Everyone had just started getting up around eleven in the morning. Brian had written a note, giving us his hotel number-which he happened to be stationed in a different hotel so he could get things for us easily without sneaking out-telling us to call him whenever. 

“Good thing we bought monopoly!” John said in a happy voice, running off to get the board game that hasn’t been open. 

“John loves monopoly.” Ringo told Donna and I. 

“More like obsessed.” Paul said, yet we all complied and sat down at the table while he fetched the board. I was sitting in-between Paul and John. 

“Is it my turn to roll?” John asked and we nodded in response, John stood up and threw the dice, which had became his signature move; standing up every time he rolled the dice. 

***

“Damn it.” George grumbled, he had just be sent to jail by Ringo and wasn’t able to get out yet. The time was winding down, getting to three in the afternoon already “I’m getting a drink. Ya want anything?” George asked all of us. 

“The usual I guess.” Ringo said, smiling up at George who was currently standing.

“Anybody who doesn’t send me to jail want anything?” George asked, spitefully glaring at Ringo. 

“Anything ya got Geo.” John told him, it was now Donna’s turn to roll and she’s about neck-to-neck with John. George nodded, off to get us all drinks. I couldn’t believe how a game could tear everyone apart so quickly. I wasn’t surprised much when George came back with a coke and rum, for everyone including Ringo. 

***

It was the end of the game now, only John and I left playing. I rolled the dice one last time, leading myself to victory. 

“Yer a bloody cheater!” John exclaimed, half drunkenly. 

“What’re you talking ‘bout Lennon! I won fair and square!” I said, laughing too hard at this point. John was really about to fight with me about this game? Bring it on. 

“I saw you cheating!” 

“Yer calling me a liar and a cheater?!” 

“Well if the shoe fits!” 

“It doesn’t! And I’m about to take it off and start hittin’ you with it!” 

“Come on Gracie! I can take you!” John said, him too starting to laugh. 

“Woah, woah, woah! Come on you two it’s a bloody game. Plus this is me girl, don’t call ‘er a liar or a cheater.” Paul said stepping between John and I. I couldn’t stop laughing or smiling. 

“Come on, Paul. Let John and I settle this!” I said and Paul held me back as I tried to get closer, obviously taking a joke far too serious. 

“Aw, come on Emily. Ye should know by now Paulie always rescues the day for lil Johnny.” Ringo called, instigating further. 

“Hey! I’m not aloud to hit a girl, but you I’ve got full power too.” John told Ringo, sending a glare his way. 

“No ye can’t.” George told him calmly.

“Yes, I can! It’s in me contract!” John said, a smug smile planted on his face. 

“Come on John.” Donna said, grabbing his hand and pulling him away, “Ye don’t need to get upset.” 

“Yer right, yer right.” John said and kissed her forehead. I laughed a little at the sight; two of my best friends being affectionate with each other, it always amazed me how calm and gentle Donna makes John. 

Paul hooked his arm around my waist and put a kiss on my check. Everything seemed so surreal, I couldn’t believe it. Yet, braking up the picture a roadie came into our room, telling George and Ringo that some girls wanted to meet them and ‘show them a good time’. John seemed to laugh, making a remark of how in Hamburg ‘they found the hookers, not the other way around’. 

Plans had been arranged for that night again; they’d have another press conference in one of the hotel meeting rooms and then we’d all be taken out to a small, fancy, quiet dinning area to celebrate their views on the show, plus their first concert that was scheduled for tomorrow. Donna and I stayed in the back with Neil at the press conference, the questions seemed to be different, yet American press had a way of turning their words around. Brian, made sure they knew of this, so question were either answered a.) very broad or b.) very specific. I laughed at many of their answers, never actually putting a serious thought into them, unless they were about the actual music. 

The meeting seemed to go on forever, as they had been requested to take some pictures too. Finally we were off to the restaurant, actually having a nice quiet time; before the fans showed up and forced us back into huge black cars, with police escorts back to the hotel- which was also crowded. Fans seemed to litter the street and their screams could be heard from anywhere. Paul and I finally went to sleep, screams filling my ears to a point of no return. 

********

Brian didn’t decide to wake us up till two in the afternoon, letting us- thank God- sleep in. I didn’t want to get up or face the day at all today, I feel groggy and not at all prepared for tonight. But I did as I was supposed to, take a shower, get ready for the show, talk with Donna and Brian, plus help the boys find their missing items. 

The hours were constantly being counted down and we all were excited to see what would be the out come, some of us more nervous than others, respectively. We were tucked away into another car and taken to Washington Coliseum. It was an amazing stage, the crowd would be on all sides of them and like they had rehearsed, they’d change positions to face a different crowd of fans. 

John, George, Paul, Ringo, Donna and I watch in anticipation as they coliseum began to fill out. Tuning their guitars perfectly and talking of nerves. “We made is boys!” John said in a giddy tone, as he tuned the last string, then taking a pluck at it. 

“We did! Yer kinda flat Johnny.” Ringo said excitedly, and John too smiled at him not even caring to make a remark, but fixing the intonation of the string. 

“After this we’ll be rock stars.” Paul said, his eyes glimmering in the lights. 

“Yer already rock stars.” Donna remarked and John pulled her closer to him. I laughed, knowing it’s true, soon enough they’ll be more famous then anyone ever. 

“Like Chuck Berry?” George asked. 

“Even better!” I told him, giggling. I liked these moments the best, when we were all together talking, not a care in the world- even if the how world is in shambles. The boys were now getting more in tune with American music, and have been finding out about even more American Rock ’n’ Roll singers. 

“Ten minutes boys,” Brian said, motioning for them to come with him. Paul just pulled me closer to him. 

“I love you. Ye’ll always be me good luck charm.” Paul said and pulled his lips onto mine, “Watch for a sign tonight.” Paul whispered into my ear, getting up and putting a finally kiss on my cheek. I watched with wondering eyes as Brian talking him over the set list that they’ve been practicing all day long and some roadies putting on small amounts of make-up on the boys. 

“I wonder if it’ll always be like this.” Donna says, scooting closer to me. We’re sitting on the coach in the back, a perfect view of the stage, well when they turn this way at least. 

“What do you mean?” I ask, scanning her worried looking face. 

“The fans, the boys always traveling one place from another, never having a sliver of time.” Donna said in a low voice, turning towards me “I love it, especially for them. But I don’t think I can keep up.” 

“It’s their first visit to America, things will calm down.” 

“I hope. I wouldn’t want to ruin things ye know? I mean it’s a hectic time, you’ve got to be strong to keep going.” 

“Yer stronger than me Donna, and yet I’m here.” 

“That’s totally different. John and I haven’t even been together that long and plus Brian actually likes you.” 

“Calm down. Once we’re back in the UK everything’ll go back to normal.” 

“Again, I hope yer right.” 

The lights went dark, and an announcer came on through the intercom presenting the Beatles. Donna and I held our hands over our ears as eight thousand fans screamed out their love for the group. I kept dusting Donna’s words out of my ear, but they always seemed to keep coming back, as I looked over into the crowd, at the huge signs and the screaming girls, barely making the music they were playing audible. I looked out fascinated about this whole things and I felt like a fan in the crowd as I stood up cheering when they turned to face us and started playing. 

“This is a song,” Paul began to say, girls screaming, sweat forming on his face and sounding almost out of breath, “Will be sung by John and is dedicated to two very special people. You know who you are.” Paul said and the girls began to scream even more. 

“Thank ye mom!” John said in a joking voice and then they began to play. 

“Da da da da da dum dum da

Da da da da da dum dum da

If there's anything that you want

If there's anything I can do

Just call on me and I'll send it along

With love from me to you

I've got everything that you want

Like a heart that's oh so true

Just call on me and I'll send it along

With love from me to you

I got arms that long to hold you

And keep you by my side

I got lips that long to kiss you

And keep you satisfied, oooh

If there's anything that you want

If there's anything I can do

Just call on me and I'll send it along

With love from me to you

From me, to you

Just call on me and I'll send it along

With love from me to you

I got arms that long to hold you

And keep you by my side

I got lips that long to kiss you

And keep you satisfied, oooh

If there's anything that you want

If there's anything I can do

Just call on me and I'll send it along

With love from me to you

To you, to you, to you.” 

John sang, with Paul and George on backing, plus harmony vocals. I starred at Paul and every time he’d catch my eye, while starring back he’d wink; this of course drove the girls mad. Rampage hit top notch when they finished the set and began to leave, the girls kept cheering them on screaming ‘encore’ and seemingly refusing to leave. Donna and I even seemed to get up and cheer with them till they did so. 

I was dancing with Donna and cheering a long. I actually felt like part of the crowd, except we were probably the only ones who could hear. The boys thanked their fans and said goodnight for a second time and came running back stage, only to be scooped up by Neil and Brian, being taken to get cleaned up. 

“That was amazing! Fantastic! The practice sure did pay off!” Donna said beaming, in a completely different attitude than before the show. 

“I know! I can’t believe it!” I told her, Paul and John walking to us, yet we both ran up to them and wrapped ourselves around them. Paul picked me up, twirling me around and kissing me, all while making one of my heels fall off. John and Donna were still kissing by the time Paul had put me down to get my shoe. “We were just talking about how amazing you guys were out there!” I told Paul, my arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him into another kiss. 

“It was truly amazing! They loved you. You’re stars already.” Donna told Paul and John. 

“There was at least six thousand!” John said. 

“Mal told us eight - at least.” I told him. 

“God, I can’t believe it. We’re actually doing this, we’re actually here!” Paul said 

“Barely,” Brian commented, walking towards us “We need to go back to New York, you’re performing a smaller venue tomorrow.” 

“When will we need to be on the plane?” John asked. 

“Yeah, our stuff is back at the hotel.” Donna said, morally confused. 

“No need to worry about that love, Mal went to get it before the concert ended. As soon as George and Ringo are finished and the car get here, we’ll be ready to go.” Brian told us and we nodded our head, taking in the new information. 

“You guys were brilliant.” Brian beamed, “But I’m sure you’ve heard that enough to that.” And with that he left. 

“So, New York again?” Donna asked. 

“Yes. For some odd reason, like we weren’t beaten to death already.” John said jokingly. 

Soon enough we were off, without another word about it. I sat down and we all talked about the concert, then played some cards. We finally arrived back in New York at the crack of dawn, and finally passing out, everyone too exhausted. 

**********

Waking up at anytime is hard if you had just gone to sleep at 6 in the morning, unless you stay in bed till two in the afternoon. I sat on the bed peacefully, watching Paul get changed into the clothes Brian had already chosen. We quickly got dressed, ate, the boys had a quick run through and we were brought to the Carnegie Hall. 

The boys did another concert, different run through but we still danced. Brian was right, the venue had been much smaller, all sold out, the total amount of people were around three thousand. With absolutely no breaks, the boys, Donna and I are rushed to our next flight to Florida.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 424 28
Interracial. During the Beatles Christmas show concert dates they strike up a friendship with their co-liners the Debutantes a up and coming black gi...
2.6K 51 20
Paul McCartney was a shy lad, he never really went outside of his bubble. He didn't have very many friends as it has always been him and his best fri...
20.4K 694 54
In which the illegitimate granddaughter of Beatle Paul McCartney finds herself in Liverpool in the early 1960s, falling hopelessly in love with John...
943 17 10
There was once a time where I believed that love was a gift that could only spread peace when it was shared. How could I have thought twice about tha...