Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 83

2.4K 106 25
By NatalyCanez

Author's Note:

Another update cause I love you all so much and please don't forget to listen to the song cause it'll add to the mood :) xoxo

James' POV

"Move! Move! I've got it!" I hear Shawn urgently yell out to the nurse as we all rush Ryder down the hall. I turn my head seeing the nurse that was standing by Ryder's head move out of the way so Shawn could grab the oxygen bag and continued pumping.

"Her vitals are dropping, she is losing a lot of blood." A nurse across from me informs as I keep my hand around Ryder's.

"Where is the bullet wound?"

"One in her abdomen and the other somewhere in her chest, mostly likely her heart, but we won't know for sure until we get in there."

"Okay, lets go quickly! Left turn at the corner, first door on the right." Shawn quickly instructs so everyone could move Ryder's stretcher sequently.

Bursting through the OR room we quickly place Ryder in the middle off the room right beside the operating table.

"Okay dad, you are going to help us lift her to the table then you have to leave." Shawn says and I glance up meeting his eyes. "Just take hold of the sheet beneath her."

"Okay." I nod and do as told.

"Shawn, you-" Another doctor speaks, dressed in blue scrubs by the vital machine, but Shawn ignores him.

"One, two, three...lift." Shawn instructs as we all lift Ryder's half conscious body off the stretcher and onto the table.

"Okay, hook her up. Dad, please leave. We-"

"Shawn you have to get out." The same person orders, more sternly this time, while scowling at my son as the nurses begin cutting through Ryder's clothes with a pair of scissors.

Shawn's POV

"Connor stop! Get off!" I scowl shoving him on his shoulders as he pushes me out of the operating room.

"What the hell are you doing? I have to-"

"No Shawn! You know very well that you are not allowed to work on family members."

"What? You're crazy. She needs me. I'm going in there." I say stepping forward but he blocks me once more.

"No! If you want to help go with Max and operate on Harry." He scolds. "Now, step aside I have to scrub my hands."

I glare at him as he moves around me, moving over to the sink by the wall facing the operating room. Glancing up, I look through the window seeing my dad talking to Ryder while the nurse beside him continues to pump the air bag.

I shake my head. "Connor, I can't just not help her. She's my sister."

James' POV

"Okay baby, I'm right here okay?" I swallow, pushing the sheet out of the way before pressing my hand on her cheek. "Just stay with me okay? They are going to fix you."

"Everything is going to be okay." I nod, my voice shaky as my eyes lock with her half opened ones. Her eyes look glossy but vacant, her cheeks are not rosy like they usually are.

"Keep your eyes open baby, please." I softly plea, blinking away the tears in my eyes. "Just hold on a bit longer."

"Heart rate is one-sixty, BP is sixty-five." The surgeon by the machine announces as I briefly look over at him catching his blue eyes beneath his glasses.

"Keep your eyes open,okay? Just look at me." I beg to Ryder as my ears are filled with beeping from the machine reading her heart levels.

"Hurry!" I call out over my shoulder, hoping that Shawn and Connor hears me as I look back down at Ryder.

"Hold on for me,love. Don't give up. Keep your eyes open baby. I'm right here."

"I love you. I love you so much just keep fighting. I love you." I swallow.

I feel Ryder shaking her head a little beneath my hand before her eyes suddenly flutter shut as her head limply falls to the side,away from me,at the same time the heart monitor beeps a solid tune.

I glance up at the large screen, and see her heart patterns slowly turning into a flat line.

"Connor!" I yell out towards the door and I see both Shawn and him glance up at me. Tears run down my cheeks as I pull back from Ryder, shaking my head.

No, this isn't happening.

"Fuck it," I curse under my breath as I reach out, peeling off the wires on her chest, as the door bursts open.

"What are you doing?" Connor asks in a warning tone behind me.

"I can't do compressions with this shit on her chest." I hiss, placing one of my hand over the other before placing them on her sternum beginning a steady cycle.

No, God, please don't take her. This is my fault, please don't take her.

"Someone give her a breathing tube. Get me some Iodine and a scalpel." Connor orders behind me as he makes his way over as I continue to pump against Ryder's chest.

"James move." Connor orders besides me as he quickly slips his hands through his gloves but I ignore him continuing to pump my hands on Ryder's chest.

"James move, I've got to cut her!" Connor urges.

"James, step aside. I've got compressions." The same guy who said Ryder's vital out loud, speaks as he moves across from me on the other side of the operating table.

I nod, very reluctantly, stepping back and to the side allowing them to take over.

"Lora, get him out of here please." Connor orders and I feel a hand gently grasp my upper arm but my eyes remain on Ryder as I am gently being pushed back out of the room.

Save her, please save her.

Shawn's POV

The last thing I want is to be away from Ryder's side and not being  able to help her, but, I can use this time and help Harry because only God knows how Ryder will be if she makes it and he doesn't.

"Can I start now?" I ask Max, peeking up at him from across the operating table, over my surgical mask.

"He has a breathing tube. Blood pressure is at sixty-five, it's only going to get worse."

"Okay. Scalpel please." I say, holding my hand out before I am handed the thin, sharp tool before aligning it and begin cutting through Harry's skin over the black line I drew.

It only takes a couple of seconds until blood quickly begins to pool and flow out.

"Suction please." I say quickly moving my hands away, as another pair of hands move to hold Harry's skin open with another metal tool, while another placed the suction tube inside, gathering Harry's blood. 

"His stats are dropping Shawn." Max warns me as I press a white gauze down, trying to look through for the bullet.

"I know but there is a real mess here." I reply back, furrow my brows as I concentrate, hearing Harry's heart monitor in the background. 

"I can't see shit." I add as the monitor begins beeping as I continue searching.

Where the hell is the bullet?

"Wait, wait stop. There is no pulse." Max urges as Harry's monitor beeps a flat line. "Maggie, give him adrenaline and start CPR."

I watch as Maggie places a needle of a syringe into the thin IV placed on Harry's arm, pushing the adrenaline through. Quickly, Max walks over to stand by Harry as the nurses across from me used her hands and mine to keep the opening on Harry's abdomen closed as best as we could while Max begins doing compressions.

Come on Harry, don't give up.

"There, all the adrenaline is in." Maggie informs and I see Max nod at her before I flick my eyes over to the monitor watching the damned straight green line, hoping it will show a small sharp wave. 

After a few agonizing passing moments, it's like God heard my inner prayer and the straight line suddenly kicks upright before falling back down showing a pulse.

"We've got a pulse." I smile beneath my mask and hope rides in me as I see small other waves follow on the thin line.

"So he's back?" Max asks, removing his hands from Harry's chest.

"Yes." I nod, looking across the right side of the screen. "We got blood pressure at eighty-five."

"Congratulations Harry." I say, looking over at his pale, unconscious face, lips parted with the breathing tube.

"Okay, let's continue. Quickly. We are not out of the woods yet and the longer we take to find the bullet the worse it will be for him to hold on." I say, releasing my hands from Harry's skin opening and begin to look through again.

"Knife please." I order after a moment, finding the bullet by his spleen, holding my hand out.

Maggie nods at me and I look up at her as she turns and grabs it off the tray before turning to give it to me, but as she does it slips from her grip and scatters onto the floor.

I scowl and my nostril immediately flare at her clumsiness, as she looks down where the knife had fallen and landed between us.

"You are killing my patient! Hand me a knife!" I bark at her making her jump before turning around, flustered, handing me another.

Come on, I have to finish this. I have to save him for Ryder. How is she doing?

I can feel Max intense stare on me as I look back down at Harry's opening, my fingers stretching around the handle of the knife letting out a breath.

"Shawn." Max speaks as I continue to be still.

"Shawn give me the knife." Max gently orders holding his hand out. "I think I should take over."

"What?" I scowl, looking up at him. "No, I have to-"

"What you have to do is calm down and be with you dad. He must really be worried and suffering right now, and being alone isn't going to help anything. Now, give me the knife and go to him." He says, looking back and forth between my eyes. I look at him for a seconds before sighing, handing him the knife.

"Fine." I grumble.

It's been almost four hours since I left the operating room and joined my dad in the waiting room. Each second felt like an eternity, the ticking of the clock was torturing and now we are just here waiting for any news. So far, we have been told that Harry is doing good, however, Ryder is the one we are worrying about.

Turns out Ryder received two bullet wounds, one in her abdomen and the other in her chest, luckily it did miss her heart but if it would have been a bit further to the right it would have hit her main artery. Plus, with how badly she has been beaten doesn't really help on her having the energy to keep on fighting to stay alive.

After checking my wrist watch for what felt like the thousandth time today, I stand from my chair.

"Hey dad, I'll be right back okay?" I tell him and he nods, keeping his cheek in his palm with his elbow rested on the arm rest. I give him a small smile before turning and walking out of the waiting room.

Knowing that Ryder's surgery should be done by now, I head over to the operating wing. With a nervously thinking heart I approach the room and look inside through the window, still seeing them hunched over Ryder's body. I could see the back of Max's head as he places his tools back down on the tray and I wish there wasn't so many surgeons in the room so I could look at her heart monitor and I could at least see that she is still alive.

I watch as Maggie notices me by the window before speaking to Max. Max looks up at her before she gestured towards me with her chin. I swallow as Max looks over his shoulder before turning around taking a few steps towards the window. He searches my eyes, letting out a deep breath, his shoulders moving along with his sigh, before he reaches out with a bloody glove to lower his surgical mask away from his mouth.

Max gives me a nod as his lips pull into a smile and I couldn't be more relieved.

He did it. Max, actually did it. Oh, thank heaven.

It has been a full day since Harry and Ryder have had their surgeries. Both of them did extremely well, I have been told that Harry will soon wake up considering that his surgery wasn't as tiring as Ryder's. Incidentally, it may take Ryder longer for her to wake up with how drained of energy and blood her body was. The dumb pricks that did this to her and Harry are lucky that I wasn't around or else I would have killed them myself.

"How is he doing?" My dad asks from the chair by the door.

"He's doing good." I nod, writing down his vitals into his chart on my clipboard. "There is no doubt he will wake up soon."

"It feels strange seeing him like this," My dad murmurs. "Normally, he is so witty and lively."

"Dad, they're both okay. None of this is-" I stop when I hear movement coming from Harry's bed. My eyes flicker up from the clipboard up to him and I eye Harry's sleeping body suspiciously before his body slightly jerks forward while letting out a small gagging noise.

"What's happening?" My dad asks as I set my clipboard and pen down on the table by the lamp.

"He's waking up." I reply as I step towards Harry as his body jerks again once more, letting out another gagging noise, his brows furrowing.

"Harry?" I mutter taking my small thin flashlight from my scrub pocket. "Harry can you open your eyes for me?" I ask, placing my hand on his cheek, turning his head slightly towards me.

"Harry, open your eyes for me buddy." I encourage as he gags once more before his eyes flutter, slowly opening.

"Good Harry, that is very good." I smile, flicking on my flashlight as he looks at me, looking still half asleep.

"You're okay. You're at the hospital, but you will be fine. Let me look at your eyes." I say gently placing my thumb on his upper lid of his left eye, shinning the light,before doing the same to the other.

"His pupils look fine." I say pulling my flashlight away. "He- ugh!" I groan when Harry suddenly brings his hand up and smacks mine, causing my flashlight to fall on the floor.

My body jolts to attention when I see him slightly sit up, wrapping his hands around his breathing tube, tugging on it.

"Harry no!" I scold, reaching out to  remove his hands but he reaches out and firmly grasps my wrist with one of his.

"Harry, let go!" I say, twisting my grip in his hold as he continues to tug on his tube and I watch as my dad stand from his chair and calls out for help.

"Dad, get over here. Pin him down." I order and he quickly strides over, pushing Harry down on his shoulders.

"What's going on?" Connor ask stepping into the room with a couple of nurses.

"He's chocking himself on his tube." I hiss through my teeth, trying to help my dad pin Harry down with my free hand as his heart monitor at my side begins to beep.

"He needs to be sedated, his stats are dropping." I urgently add as Connor rushes over pinning Harry's upper body down with the help of my dad, while the nurses hold his legs down to stop him from squirming.

"Harry, calm down. You're okay." I say to him as I do my best to reach over to the machine to increase his oxygen level as a nurse stick a needle into his arm. A few moments pass as Harry continues to fight against us until he finally slows and shuts his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Connor asks me as I pry Harry's grip from my wrist before reaching out to straighten Harry's head on his pillow.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nod.

"What the hell happened?" My dad, interjects looking at me with wide eyes as I give a brief thanks to the people who came into the room as they turn to walk out.

"He's fine, dad. He was most likely in shock, didn't really know where he was." I reply. "Now, I'm going to go check on Ryder. I'll be right back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 124K 39
He was destined to be evil; it was in his blood. He was destined to kill; it was in his blood. But destiny takes a turn when he does the unexpected...
76.1K 3.8K 52
Harley Asher and her older brother Carter have lived a whole year without their beloved parents. When a wolf attack takes them from her it shakes her...
825K 22.1K 64
Georgia Gibson challenged her best friend Harry Styles to go six months without sex. Harry Styles challenged Georgia to do the same. The rules are ma...
333K 11K 37
"This is all my fault. Mine, yours and Lizas." I laugh bitterly. "If she hadn't told me to em-embrace this lifestyle-If you hadn't danced with me-if...