Unleashed

By PrettyRandom

Annabelle Aconite, the daughter of a Sheriff, always knew there was something off about her. From her strange... More

Prologue
Nightmares
First Day Of School
Pebbles
Requested
Douchebag
Bientôt
First Warning
Worried
Games (Long)
Unexplained
Rodeo Drive
Murdered
Trust (Long)
Gem
The Fall (Long)
My Brother the Jerk
Midnight
Movie Date (Long)
Morning of...
Seniors Party
"Wake Up!"
"Stay Away From Harry."
Silver Lining
Drawings
étincelles
Followed
Let's Go Camping!
Red
Marshmallows
Meet Me
Revealed
Aftermath
The BBQ
My Slice of Heaven
Monday....
Pictures..
Proverbs (Long)
Breathless (Long)
Lost (Part 1)
Lycanthropy (Part 2 of Lost)
Feu
Meanings
Legendary Lovers <3
Close to Home
Unexpected
Visitor
Elements
Tarot Cards
Girls in White
Invitation? (Long)
Guess Whose Over For Dinner (Part 1 Long)
Falling Star (Part 2 Long)
Recruiting
Go Big or Go Home
Halloween (Part 1 of 3)
0 to 100 Real Quick (Part 2 of 3)
Mystery Guy (Part 3 of 3)
Breakfast
Your Eyes
Something New
You asked I've answered :) (Author addition)
"I Knew"
Surprise!
Starlight
Chest Pains
Twister
Linda (Part 1 of 4)
Fireproof (Part 2 of 4)
Illusions (Part 3 of 4)
"Symbolism and Meanings" (Part 4 of 4)
Purple and Grey
You Asked I've Answered Part 2!!!!
Lies
Mimicking
Ask Them
Dreams
"Bon coneur ne peut mentir"
Off To The Cabin (Part 1)
Hints
Icing
Muddy Dark Blue
Drinks and Those 3 Words
Changes
Shadows
Naughty Dreams
Your Father Is...
Filling in Some Blanks
Questions
House Pop Ups
Coward
What are you Going to Do?
Two Wolves
Heated Touch
You asked Again and I've Answered!
Reaching for him Mentally
All hell Breaking Loose
Lighting and Thunder
White Lights and A Wolf?
NOT AN UPDATE
Legacy
Character Questionnaire
!!!!!Untamed!!!!!
Printing Books?

The Tracks (Long)

28K 804 535
By PrettyRandom

Pulling to a stop on a dirt road where other cars were parked Harry kills the engine as I throw my leg over the bike trying to get off. My legs felt wobbly and my hair was a mess.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I yelled.

He smiled, “I told you it might get bumpy.”

“Bumpy, is an understatement! You hit every damn pothole from my house to here, and you were speeding! This isn’t fast in the furious, you are not Paul Walker on a motorcycle!”

“Did my speeding upset you that much?” he asked.

No “Yes.” I lied.

“Then next time I’ll go slower.” He says as he winks.

“Next time?” I shook my head, “There won’t be a next time. I’ll catch a bus or call my brother to pick me up.” I said as I looked around taking in my sensory for the first time. “Where are we?”

Motioning me to follow him he says, “I’m surprise you don’t remember. Maybe it’s because you came in the other way.”

Looking around as we walked I had no clue where we were, not until I saw the motorcycles.

“Why are we at the tracks?” I asked.

“Because there’s a race tonight and I wanted to see it.” he says.

“And you brought me?”

“Yeah.”

Looking up at him I ask, “Why?”

“Because,” he shrugs, “I wanted to see you.”

I blushed as I turned away from looking at him, to looking around the area, taking in the nearly same scene from when I first came here. There was drinking, people fighting, and racing.

“What is this place?” I ask.

“It’s a getaway.” He says as we head down a hill, “The town officials have no say so here, because it’s not in their jurisdiction. Racing on dirt roads, are illegal in Black water.”

“But you’re technically not in black water?”

He nods, “Exactly which means were not breaking the law.”

Walking past a crowd that was egging on a fight someone pushed into me and Harry grabbed my arm, “Watch it!” he yells reminding me when I first saw him fight at school.

“You know, I’m starting to think that you like being near fights, or at least being shoved by people that are watching.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Because,” he says as he slows down his walking, “You tend to get mixed up in them unintentionally.”

Looking back at the crowd I ask, “Why do they do that?”

“Do what?”

“Fight.”

He shrugs, “It’s an order of power. To see who is stronger, who is weaker, who have good skills and who are just wasting time. Everyone here has done it at least twice.”

Turning from the fight as it became too gruesome I say, “Everyone here has fought like that before?”

He nods.

A sense of worry took over as I looked at him and ask, “Everyone like you?”

He slows to a stop as he looks straight ahead of him. At first he didn’t say anything. Watching him stick his hands into his pocket he nods as says, “Yes.”

Standing next to a black race car we stood in silence for a minute before I got the courage and said, “Is that how you got that bruise from the other day?”

Harry looked down at me with the look of bewilderment on his face.

“I saw it the night of the trip when you stretched.” I said slightly embarrassed.

Harry stares at me for a minute as he says, “So you did see something you liked?”

I rolled my eyes as I looked away from him, “No.”

Harry laughs as he says, “Keep lying to yourself and you might just start believing your lies.”

“I’m not lying.”

He smirks, “Sure you’re not.”

Looking over my shoulder he looks over at the track as he loses himself in thought as I looked up to the sky. The moon was full tonight and I admire the color’s that swirled around in the sky. Closing my eyes I mentally made a sketch in my head of how I would draw this if I had a canvas in front of me. I was lost in thought for a moment when I hear,

“Pebbles.”

Opening my eyes I turned to look at him as he says, “You okay?”

I nod.

He watches me for a moment and looked like he was about to say something, but stopped as he hears, “Yo Haz!”

Turning around I spotted Niall and Liam walking towards us.

“Bought time you got here.” Says Niall as he walks up and bumps fist with Harry.

“Yeah sorry I had to get something.” Says Harry.

“Something or someone?” says Liam as he looks down at me, “Pollyanna.”

“Leo.” I said.

Liam smiled as he says, “Two can play that game?”

I shrugged, “It’s only fair right? You get my name wrong I get yours wrong.”

Liam smiled as he looks at Harry, “You know he is going to get pissed.”

“He won’t know.” Says Harry.

Niall and Liam shrugged as he says, “Jeff wants you riding tonight.”

“I’m off.” Says Harry.

“He knows, but it’s a 2kcut if you do.”

Harry sighed as he runs a hand through his hair and looks at me, “Do you mind?”

I shook my head, “Have fun.”

Harry scuffed, “Yeah it’s going to be fun alright.”

“Come on I’ll get you set up.” Says Liam.

Harry nods as he yells, “Greg!”

Ahead some guy with Blond hair turned around and made his way to us. Stopping in front of us he says, “What’s up?”

“Keep an eye on Pebbles for me.”

I looked at Harry, “I don’t need a baby sitter.”

“I know, just humor me for a second.” He says.

I crossed my arms as Greg says, “No problem.”

The boys nod as Harry says, “Let me finish this and I’ll take you back.”

I nod as he turns and walks off but stops.

Turning back towards me he takes off his beanie and pulls it over my head as he pulls it down over my ears, “So your ears don’t get cold.” Was what he said before he stepped back.

“Thank you.” I said as I adjusted the beanie a bit.

He smiles as he sticks his hands in his pocket and walks off.

------------------------- 

Harry Pov

“What is she doing here?” asked Niall.

Pushing my hair back I put on my helmet as I said, “I brought her here.”

“No shit Sherlock.” Says Liam, “Why did you bring her here?”

I shrugged, “Honestly I don’t know.”

“Tonight isn’t safe for her and you know it.”

“She’s with me so she’s fine.”

“For how long? What happened on your trip was just a warning, and you know that.” Says Niall.

“We don’t even know that it was a warning, the people did say that the stands were faulty.”

“They might have said that they were faulty but it they were going to fall they would have fell. They wouldn’t have pushed her over the rail.” Says Liam.

“Whoever did it I can handle it.” I say as I strap on my gloves.

“You said you seen JD there right?” ask Liam.

I nod, “I followed him outside, but when I got outside he was gone.”
“Probably because he went back inside, to try to kill your little pet.”

“She’s not my pet.” I growled at him. “She’s a friend, she’s..” I paused and thought, What is she to me?

“Exactly.” Says Liam as he watched me, “You don’t know what she is to you and yet you’re willing to protect her. If Rick’s people are following us, it’s just a matter of time before he shows up and you know it.”

“I’m not worried about Rick.”

“I’m not talking about Rick.” Says Liam.

I met his eyes and for a second I lost my thought, “You don’t think he would travel states side, do you?”

“If Rick has a lead on the possible Gem then yeah, I wouldn’t put it past him.” Says Niall.

“Haz let go!” yelled a mechanic as he held my bike for me.

Closing my eyes I took a deep breath as I said, “I’ll figure this out later.” Turning around I walked off as I headed to the dirt bike. Throwing my leg over the bike I settled in as I prepared to race.

------------------------- 

Anna POV

“Hey, I’ll be back in two minutes.” Says Greg..

I nodded as I moved my straw around in my foam cup filled with coca cola, which he had just went to go get, “Okay.”

Walking off as he mixed into the crowd as I looked back at the track as Harry finished getting ready for the race. He looked calm and collected like he had be doing this for years, in which counting on how calm he was I wouldn’t be surprise if he had been.

“Anna right?”

Turning around I said, “Yeah?”

Taking a few steps to me the guy says, “It’s nice to see you again. How are you?”

I went to ask who he was, but stopped when I saw his dirty blonde curls, “Rick right?”

He nods.

“Hey how are you?” I asked.

“I’m good and you?”

I nod and smile, “I’m good.” Looking around I say, “What brings you here?”

“Saturday night boredom. What about you?” he says as he smiles at me, “I didn’t think you were the type to be at the tracks.”

“I came with a friend.”

“Oh really?” he says, “Who?”

Looking up at the tracks I went to say Harry, but stopped as I watched him rev up his bike and sped off.

My heart raced watching him speed down the dirt trail. With every jump he did and ever sharp turn he did, my heart jumped as if I was on the bike with him. Off in a far distance I hear I soft beating noises that reminded me of how a machine sound in a hospital who was hooked up to a heart monitor.

That’s weird I thought as Rick says, “What are you doing later?”

“Heading back home.” I said.

He nods as he says, “You have a number I can reach you by?”

“Um, yeah.” I say as I pat down my pockets, “Crap.”

“What is it?” he asked.

“I left my cell at home.”

He smiles, “Rushed out?”

I nod, “Yeah something like that.”

Pulling at paper out of his pocket with a pen he scribbles his number down as he says, “Call me, maybe we can go grab coffee or something.”

I nod, “Sounds great.”

Handing me the paper I went to take it when he grabs my hand pulling me a little closer to him. A dark shadow covered around him, my instincts told me that something was wrong that I needed to move away from him, so trusting my instincts I took a step back.

“Is something wrong?” he ask still holding onto my hand.

I shook my head, “I’ve been feeling a little under the weather, and don’t want to give you my cold.”

His smile widens, “Don’t worry love, I don’t get sick.”

He stared at me for a minute before he lets go, “Hope to hear from you soon.” He says.

I nod and smile as I wave, “It was a pleasure seeing you again.”

“Pleasures all mine love.” He says back up as he looks me up and down before he smirks and walks off.

“Hey sorry it took so long.” Says Greg as he runs up.

“You’re sorry what took so long?”

Shaking his head he says, “Never mind. Haz should be finishing up his race any second now.”

Looking back up at the tracks people surrounded the finish line screaming, and cheering as Harry made it across the line first.

I smiled, clapping to myself, “Damn he’s good.”

“The best in town.” Says Greg.

As Harry climbs off his bike, letting a mechanic take it, as Liam pulls into a hug smacking him on the back. I went to walk over to congratulate him but stopped as a girl stepped in from on him, and pulled him into a kiss.

“Wow, um.” Says Greg as he looks down at me.

Looking away I found a weirdly shaped tree very interesting to look at, “Um, I’m going to get something to drink.”

Greg nods as I walked out to the little stand. Rocking back and forth on the heels of my feet, I looked around taking in the scene some more when I hear,

Pebbles

Looking up I looked around, to see that Harry wasn’t near the tracks anymore. Looking around I spotted him across the tracks, standing there looking frantically around as Niall talks to him. Moving forward in Line I turned back to see Liam rushing to Harry’s side saying something into his ear. Harry face changed as he moves from Liam looking around the track. Tapping on the screen to his phone he pulls it to his ear. As I hear in my head,
Damn it Pebbles where are you?

There was something frantic in his voice, pledging. How was I hearing his voice in my head, considering he wasn’t calling me? Leaving from the line I made my way to him.

“Harry!” I called.

Pushing my way through people I yelled his name again.

Turning my way I jumped up waving trying to get his attention, but since I am short he didn’t see me. A glass broke somewhere behind me as someone yells, “Hands off my fucking girl!”

A beer bottle was thrown and a fight broke out. People were being shoved and I was being pushed, back and forth.

--------------- 

Harry POV

“Are you sure you seen him?” I asked.

“Yes.” Says Liam.

Looking around I said, “We need to get out of here.”

“I’ll clear a path for our bikes.” Says Niall.

“I’ll go find Pebbles.”

“Leave her, we don’t have time. If they spot us…”

“I’m not leaving her!” I yelled.

Niall took a step back, I could feel myself changing and seeing the look on his face, he could feel it to. Grabbing my arm Liam says, “Calm down. We don’t need to be outing ourselves. We’ll find her. Alright.”

I took a deep breath as I pulled from him and looked back at the crowd.

Damn it Pebbles! Where are you?

I thought as I searched the crowd.

A glass bottle broke and I knew a fight was about to start.

“Shit.” I heard Niall say.

“Get to your bikes, I’ll meet you back at the flat.” I say.

“We’re not leaving you.” Says Liam.

Turning around I yelled letting myself shift a bit, “GO!”

“All this for a girl you don’t know?!” yells Liam, “You need to get your priorities in check, she isn’t one of us! We don’t put our ass on the line for the mundane!”

I went to respond but stopped as Pebbles voice trailed over the now out right brawl.

“Harry!”

Taking a step towards the crowd I looked for a second as I could practically feel her pulling me to her.

“Get out of here, I’ll find you.” Was all that I said when I took off.

---------- 

Pushing through people I looked for her. Which was hard considering she was the size of a toddler compared to everyone hear. Stopping in the middle of the crowd I drowned out the noise as I listened for her again.

“Harry!” a pause, “Stop it let go!” I hear her yell.

Turning to my left I searched for her. I let my sense of sight expand as the images of people began to blur out and all I could see were auras. Taking in a deep breath I caught her vanilla sent immediately as I opened my eyes to see her, the light around her was different than most, where as one person had one specific color to them, she had 2 that swirled together making a color I’ve never seen before. That’s weird I thought as I blinked regulating my vision and made my way straight to her. She was backed into a corner by the bathroom stalls. Some guy kept trying to pull her with him as she fought back. Her eyes connected with mine just as I grabbed the guy by his shoulder pulling him back. Once he was far from her I positioned myself in front of her and swung. My fist connected with the guy’s jaw as he yelled and fell to the ground.

Turning to her I took her face into my hand, “Are you okay?”

She nods, clearly shaken up.

There was blood on her cheek and just like that I wanted to kill somebody for hitting her. She must’ve caught me starring because she pulled her sweater over her hand and wiped over it, “It’s not mine, I’m okay.”

Not thinking twice I took her hand into mine and said, “Let’s get out of here.”

Fear covered her eyes as she looks at the scene behind me.

“Hey,” I call to her. Her eyes shift to mine as I say, “Do you trust me?”

I expected her to say no, to say that I was crazy, that she hardly knew me, but to my surprise she nodded.

“Then trust me to get you out of here unharmed, okay?”

Her hand tightened around mine, making me look down at them.

“Okay.” Was all that she said, and like that were we’re gone.

I shoved and punched everyone who pushed into her or who almost hit her.
I managed to get us out of there with me having to punch only 6 people. A world record

Running to my motorcycle I noticed she was shivering so I pulled off my leather jacket and held it up to her.

“Put your arms in it.” I say.

She shakes her head, “You’re going to get cold.”

“I’ll survive.”

Nodding she didn’t argue as she lets me pull the jacket over her, swallowing her.

I climbed onto the bike first as she followed. I didn’t have to pull her arms around, she did it without no hesitation and I couldn’t lie, I like having her on the bike of my motorcycle. Feeling her arms around me felt right, like this was supposed to be like this. Putting on my helmet I kicked up my kick stand as I started the bike and took off. Pebbles buried her face into my back making me smile.

--------------------------- 

Anna POV

“Don’t drop me off directly in front of my house!” I yelled over the Harry’s engine.

He nods as he turned, taking a different route to my house.

We have been riding for a little while and even though this ride took longer than supposed, I had the strange sense that riding, calmed Harry and allowed him to think, so I just let him ride whatever was going through his head out. Harry took a back way through the wood to my house as he stops, kills the engine and puts his kickstand down. Climbing off, I pulled Harry’s jacket around me more, as the wind picks up.

“Is there a reason why I’m doing a wood drop offs?” he asks as he takes off his helmet, sitting it on the seat as he shakes and tosses his hair.

“I have no idea what time it is and I really don’t think that you want to hear my father mouth about me breaking curfew with a boy he doesn’t know.”

“Oh I see,” he says as he fold his arms over his chest, “And here I thought it was because you didn’t want your brother to see me.”

Walking passed him I said, “Well that too.”

I heard him snort as he follows me.

We walked in silence for a moment before he says, “I’m sorry,” he starts, “I didn’t expect that to happen.”

“I understand.”

He nods.

As we got closer to my street, I went to turn around by tripped as he reaches an arm out and grabbed me, “Easy now Pebbles, don’t want you scratching up something.”

I laughed nervously, “Sorry I’m,”

“Clumsy.” We both said as I laughed and said, “Yeah.”

“No problem, I kind of suspected that.” He says letting go of my arm, as he smiles and looks at me. His smile was warm and so were his eyes.

Noticing there was something on his cheek I went to wipe it off when he flinched making me freeze.

“I’m sorry.” I instantly said feeling like I should explain myself I say, “There is something on your cheek and I,”

He waves me off, “It wasn’t you. Go ahead.”

He says walking closer to me.

Swallowing hard I bit the inside of my cheek as I reached my hand up to his cheek. His eyes never left my face I brushed my thumb over a speck of dirt on his cheek.

“Just dirt.” I assured him as I went to move my hand but stopped as he cover it with his.

Looking up to him he smiles and says, “What are you?”

I laughed, “What?”

His eyes looked over me as he says, “You can’t be mundane, there something to special about you, but what? Is the question.”

I laughed again completely lost, “Again what?”

Taking his hand off of mine he tilts my head up to his as he says, “You have no idea how much I want to kiss you.”

The air left my lung and I had to struggle not to sound like an idiot when I said, “Then kiss me.”

His eyes searches mine as the hand on my face cupped my cheek, and his thumb brushed my lips as I closed my eyes. Running his other hand down my arm he takes my hand and pulls up, as he presses his lips softly into the palm of my hand.

I opened my eyes looking at him confused as he says, “Soon.”

Embarrassed I nodded as I looked towards my house.

“I should get inside.”

He nods as he pulls away.

Taking off his jacket I hand it to him as he takes it and slides it on. I went to take off his beanie when he shakes his head, “Keep it. It looks better on you then me.”

I nod, “Thank you.”

“No problem.”

I went to make my way to my back door when I stopped and said, “So are you going to go missing in action again?”

“What makes you ask that?” he looks at me concerned.

“Well it seems like you tend to go missing days after we have a civil conversation, and considering I haven’t called you a douche tonight, tonight has been civil.”

He smiles, “If you’re asking if tomorrow you’re going to see me, the answer is no.”

“Oh.” I said.

Seeing the disappointment on my face he says, “I have some family things to handle tomorrow but I’ll see you at school Monday.”

“You’re actually going to attend class?”

He nods, “I’m not a drop out.”

I laugh, “You just pick in choice your favorite class.”

“Precisely.”

The night winds picked up again as I shivered.

“You should get inside.”

I nod, “I am, but thank you for a nice night.”

“Maybe we’ll have to make plans for another?”

“I’ll check my planner.”

He laughs, “Like you have plans.”

I rolled my eyes as I say, “Good night Harry.”

“Good night Pebbles.”

Walking off I headed to my back door as I pulled my keys out and opened the door. Looking back up Harry stood off into the shadows watching me. I could see the outline of his shadow, his legs shoulder with apart and his arms crossed, but there was something off about him, something about the lighting around him that seemed off, it wasn’t like what I thought I saw around Rick, it was something else, something welcoming. I just had no idea what I was actually seeing. He eyes shined bright green in the dark as I waved and went inside.

Quietly closing the door, everyone was sleep as I slid off my shoes and crept upstairs. I thought I had got away with anybody knowing I was gone but as soon as I got to my room I noticed a note on my door.

Ashton came by looking for you, said you left your phone. Where did you go? We’ll talk in the morning.

                                                                                xxMom

“Crap.” I whispered to myself as I went into my room.

Walking into my room I tossed the beanie on my dresser, stripped out of my clothes, and got into my pj’s as my phone buzzed.

Grabbing my phone from the charger as I laid down I opened the message to see it was from Harry.

Up for a ride after school Monday?

I jumped up as I stared at the phone, Holy shit did he just ask to hang out? I screamed in my head as another message came through,

You don’t have to

Quickly replying I said, A ride sounds nice, whose driving?

I am. Wear pants.

We’ll do.  I text back as I set my phone down.

I had plans with Harry Styles after school Monday, Holy freaking shit.

(Fun fact I love comments ^_^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 739 20
AN~ Hey so this is my first book so please don't get mad at me if you had this idea or If I have some miss~spelled words please enjoy, vote, comment...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
17.5K 1K 54
Everyone has heard the story of the Beauty and the Beast. But what happens if the Beast was just a powerful Werewolf male, who is so void of love tha...
20.7K 574 16
[a harry styles fanfiction] - werewolf!harry ▪︎ ▪︎ The man put every other man she'd ever known to shame. None of them even came close to comparing...