Into The Night

By DarkPurple22

"Just give me one more chance, take my hand and I'll take you to Wonderland." Honestly, I did not choose to g... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Author's ♪
Fun Fact Time
After Credits Chapter
Quick Question
Author's ♪

Twelve

543 39 19
By DarkPurple22

The next morning, I was disappointed that yesterday was real.

The heck! It was real!

It's almost like finding out that Snape murdered Dumbledore. . . and then after, finding out that Snape had been a double-double agent after all this time.

I erased that thought from my mind, distracting myself to food and showers. After getting myself ready, I took another apple from the fridge –that we needed to restock– and then walked my way to school since it'd be pretty ridiculous to ride the bus. . . some actually do it though, and I'm not mentioning any names, *cough* po-tah-to.

Only then have I wondered how many apples do we have?

But after the apple thought, my mind averted back to Taylor Swift, recapping everything. So she's an off-radar, she used to be a leaguer, a very fine prankster that had a higher ranking than me. I'm not bothered at all that I was seriously beat by a girl, what bothers me is it's Taylor.

Out of all the people in the world, she's at the top of the list of the least likely to be Riptide. But sorry, it's Taylor.

I made myself observe Taylor from a distance. Call me obsessed, but wouldn't you be if you found out that the Queen of Silence you have a crush on happened to be the legend you've been idolising? What's next? She's a psychopath too?

Oh well, I shrugged myself from that thought. If that happens, she might as well kill me so I don't have to live with that knowledge.

Coincidentally, it was Stacy, I sat next to in History class, –or she sat next to me but whatever. As I always do, I paid more attention to the class but this time, the White Princess catches my attention. I glance at her from time to time yet I still kept myself dedicated to the subject.

The way she moves, the way she talks, the way she pays more attention in her own little world than the real one. . . it can't be right. She's too formal. She's too. . . repetitive, everything is the same time loop for her everyday.

How in the hell?!

At lunch time, I kept a good distance from her, actually beside Niall and he remained quiet, while we sat furthest from Taylor.

I barely even touched my food. All my mind kept saying is, not real not real not real. . .

Once, Taylor glanced at me and narrowed her eyes like she's studying me. I don't know how I've reacted but I think my reaction was like Eugene Fitzerbert's when he found out that Rapunzel's hair glows.

"Hey Briton," Kendall said. "you look like you've seen a ghost."

That was nice comment, it just confirmed my thoughts, that's what I looked like. "I'm pretty much sure it was close to that," I replied, I realise I wasn't even looking at Kendall.

And she noticed that. Kendall looked back and forth between Taylor and I, so did Jhanelle.

"Oh," She muttered and smiled cheekily.
Jhanelle smiled too as well, "Oh, go big or go home, no in-between."

"Guys," Niall said, though even for me, it was unnecessary.

I averted my gaze from Taylor, seeing as there was barely a way to read those eyes. I just kept eating and kept a few good conversations. And then I went my way.

Niall seemingly followed me but I didn't really take notice until we're in the locker hall.

"Don't tell me you forgot to feed CM." I said, turning around. "Whatcha doin'?"

"She's upset. What did you do?" Niall asked.

"Who's upset? What did I--" my eyebrows furrowed, thinking about Taylor. If it was her, what did I do?! "Please tell me you don't mean Taylor."

"I do," He said, frowning.

I scoffed, "I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about," I said and walked faster.

As far as I'm concerned, that girl can grow upset about a lot of things, right now, I cannot be one of them. What did I do? I haven't been with her the entire day.

Unfortunately, the Irish had managed to keep up.

"Mate, I'm serious," He said, holding my shoulder and stopping me.

I removed his hand and rolled my eyes, "So am I. What did I do?" I asked. This time I didn't have to play innocent since I really am oblivious to whatever the hell is going on.

First, a mad discovery yesterday and now. . . eh, I don't really know what's going on.

"Wait, you didn't do anything?"

"Why on earth would you think I've done something to upset Taylor?" I asked, scratching my head –no frigging curls!

"Well, something upset her, I don't know what. No issues with any of her teachers--"

"Right, you can shut up now." I said. "Don't frigging blame me, she was alright a while ago."

"She wasn't," Niall said.

"Really? Lunch time?" I asked.

"No," He said, shaking his head.

"Oh," I wondered for a moment but then forgot after a while. "Guess we'll just have to find out," I said, realising just how naive I could be when it comes to other people.

After classes, Niall and his friends had invited me out yet I'm not quite in the mood. Jhanelle had teased me it's because Taylor wasn't coming but really, I could use my time without her. I only declined because I think I've got a lot of things on my mind I need to sort out just for a little bit.

I went directly to our dorm room and watched a couple of movies, I guess now, I'm in the mood for Brad Pitt movies. When I got a bit bored –Niall came in about an hour ago– and then I took out the old History book my mum had bought me a couple of years back, and I read it.

Eventually, I fell asleep.

I've arrived earlier than I imagined so I made my way to the locker area. After taking my books, I made my way to that part wherein Nathan Hallows has his locker. I didn't bother with it though.

I chose a random locker, figured out the combination –quite easy, but it looks ridiculous so no one really has to see you stick your ear next to the locker like it's a vault in one of those movies. I opened it and put in a note.

I wish, I really wish I have something else to do but, eh, if I can't ruin their days, might as well fix some. I need to shop this weekend.

After that, I made my way to the library, taking a History book off the shelf and then settled down, quietly. A good twenty minutes later, someone, no, I have a good guess who it is, stood in front of me.

I looked up seeing the one and only Ice Princess, now with two braids on either side. She didn't smile, she just sat across me.

"Good morning?" I said, quite unsure of what I should say.

Her eyebrows met and she bit her lip as though she's confused. "Are you mad at me?" She asked, her voice almost reverted to a child's who just got punished.

"What?" I asked, confused to my core. What the hell did I just do again?! And what the bloody hell is she asking?

"Y-Yesterday, w-were you mad at me?" She asked, it's as though she would cry at any given moment.

The heck?! Don't tell me this is another side!

But, Niall said she was upset yesterday. Then why is she asking about me being angry at her?

"What? No!" I almost yelled and then I remembered we're in a library. "Why would you think that?" I whispered.

"You weren't?"

"Again, why would you--" I groaned, realising I've been raising my voice. I stood up a bit too violently, it caused too much noise. "Can we talk outside?"

"Are you going to borrow the book?" She asked, not bothering to stand up, she's just staring at the book. Here it is, her formal self.

"No," I said. "Come on, let's get outside." I put the chair back the way it was.

"Then I have to get it back to where it was. Are you done with it?" She asked and I almost forgot, she helps out in the library.

"Sheez, I'm getting it back. Meet me outside," I told her, trying not to make it obvious that I'm getting a bit impatient with this side of hers. Too slow for me, too innocent. It's odd to see her too much of a good girl when I very well know that she might be an off-radar.

I still refuse to believe that, though.

"But that--"

Damn, it's hard to be with this side. "Taylor," I said, taking a very deep breath. "please, let me do this and meet me outside."

It was quiet for a moment. . .

"So you're not mad at me?" She asked, to be honest, right now she seemed to be just annoying the hell out of me.

"Look, you'd have to tell me you regret meeting me before I get angry," I said with a sigh, not really knowing where I got the reference. "Just let me do this and we'll talk. Trust me, we need to have a heart-to-heart," I added, with a smile.

"Alright." She smiled and then gracefully made her way out of the door.

I took the book back to the shelf as quickly and quietly as I could. And then I walked out of the library, seeing Taylor right outside. Standing very straight yet her hands are in her pockets.

As I went near her, I heard an odd sound of clicking. It might be a pen. It might turn into a sword, you know, like Riptide but then I remembered, it's by uncapping the pen.

I sighed, "Why are you nervous?" I asked her.

"How did you know?" She asked.

I put my hands in my pocket and bit my lower lip, while I smiled very slightly. "Put your hand out."

She did, and she's holding a pen, her thumb on that clicking part.

"That's what I do when I get nervous." I said, but it doesn't happen very much often. "Alright, so why are you nervous?"

"I thought you were mad."

"Why'd you think that?" I asked.

"Well, you were keeping your distance. I thought I did something wrong when I was complaining too much I thought I an--"

"Hold up there, Tay," I said, "I kept my distance, yes, but it wasn't exactly what you did. Alright?"

She nodded, "So, why did you?"

"Why does it matter to you?" I shot back.

"I didn't want any of my friends to avoid me," She said. Right, but the word 'friends' echoed too much, it bothered me. "Why did you?"

"I'm mistaking you for a hidden identity," I said. It didn't seem like it was true though.

"Pardon?"

I was thinking of confronting her about it. I was. But right now, she seemed like she had no idea. If I were her, that would have rung a bell. . . but it seemed unlikely.

Niall had told me that Riptide is Taylor. He confirmed it and I want to hear it from Taylor herself. But, somehow, I don't want to.

But she might be.

So do I ask her or not?

"N-Nothing," I said, also mentally punching myself for not taking the chance. I blinked a couple of times, "Can I walk you to your next class?" I asked.

She shook her head, "I won't be attending first class. There's a Math competition two weeks from now and they really take it seriously so, I won't be attending a few classes. Sorry, I guess I won't be there to distract your History class."

"Yeesh, one hour of Math is enough, two weeks of half days? Honestly?" I cannot live like that. I mean, Math is understandable when you really pay attention and your class aren't full of jerks but it's definitely hard!

"Actually just one week," Taylor corrected. "Next week are whole days."

"How. . . in. . . the hell?"

Her nose curled a bit, "Yeah. So I guess I'll just see you around. But aren't you good with Math?" She asked.

"No," I said, "I just happen to have calculators all the time, and I raise my hand a lot. Difference."

"Half of the time, you aren't even listening," She commented, of course, she'd know, she's seated right beside me.

"Well, I don't really like Mr. Wadforth," I said, quite honestly because of a number of reasons. "For one, he tends to call you every second of the class."

She laughed, "I think the schedules will change though. They said Mrs. Cavalle would replace him. You know, changing of schedules and all?"

"Oh, I forgot about that," I said because I really did.

"Trust me, she's worse," She said, and I don't think I can get anyone worse than Mr. Wadforth.

"How worse?"

"You'll know it. I might join you in class next week, might. Then, you'll find out."

"Alright," I said. My mind rung back on that Riptide thing. It's still saying one thing, it cannot be Taylor. It cannot be Taylor.

It seemed wrong to confront her about it directly. I blinked a few times, thinking of some way I can get it out of her. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Want to escape your driver later?" I asked.

Taylor hesitated for a moment, for one, she put her hand back in her pocket and the clicking noises started again. "Where are we going?"

"Breaking a few rules," I said. "You're good with art, aren't you?" I asked.

"More or less."

"Just this once," I said, "If you don't like it, and I swear we won't try to escape your driver again." I might have promised. . . oops.

"Uhh, I don't--"

"S'il vous plaît." I said, almost begging.

She laughed a bit, "D' accord, I guess."

Oh sure, trust the new kid. I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts, she agreed, that's what freaking matters.

"Merci beaucoup," I replied.

She smiled cheekily, she stayed that way for about a few seconds.

"What?" I asked.

She shook her head, still smiling. It's that kind of smile that can make your heart drop in a second and can be the reason why people sell their souls. Out of all the smiles she has, this one is definitely my favourite.

"Tay, what?" I asked, probably snapping her out of that state. Trust me, I regretted saying that.

"It's nice to hear when you speak in French. You still have that English mixing in and it's cool," She said and I raised an eyebrow. "I'll see you later."

"Oui, à plus tard," I said, glad I can use some things I learn in French class.

Taylor's smile grew wider. She laughed a bit and then waved goodbye. She walked off with that breathtaking smile while I was left there.

After a few seconds of coping up, I made my way to my next class. I figured, I forgot about that Riptide thing for a moment. As much as the facts are way more than confirmations, I still couldn't believe it.

Who would?

Taylor seemed a bit too innocent, a bit too much of a by-the-book girl to be a leaguer, even an off-radar. I don't get it. Besides, even if she was one, how come those traits never seemed to show up. She never seemed like the adventurous kind.

During lunch time, of course, Taylor wasn't there and neither was Kendall. Jhanelle said Kendall went to accompany Taylor, whereas Ronnie and Berlyn went out for some lunch date. So we're basically just five, me, Niall, Marshal, Aerielle and Jhanelle.

"You seemed pretty observant about their whereabouts, love," I said, taking a bite out of the apple I allegedly 'stole' from our fridge.

Jhanelle scoffed, "I have to, so I know where to go when I want to invite you guys. Anyways, you guys want to go to this place I found, near the creek?"

The table nodded in agreement. Just behind the junior high buildings was a cemented wall, not less than half a metre thick. I figured, it's a wall to prevent floods, okay. It's quite easy to climb as it isn't higher than ten feet and there's a cemented pathway for the water with a somewhat dome over it to step on, one jump and you're already on top of the wall.

Seeing as he was taller than any of us, Marshal found it easy and he went up first and sat on the elevated part. Jhanelle, with her arms on the higher part jumped and supported herself.

"Ooh, it quaked. Magnitude point seven," Marshal teased, seeing as Jhanelle was a bit chubby, just a bit, I still think she's rather pretty and her body shape fits her.

Aerielle and Marshal both laughed while I held it a bit. I was slightly concerned she might get offended. "Shut up," She muttered, wiping off the dust from her hands.

It sounded more of their teasing session so I was relieved.

Aerielle went up next and then Niall. I was the last, and it's quite easy. When I got on top of the wall, I looked down at the shallow creek. As shallow and small as it is, it seemed lively, designed with rich vegetation.

And then I sat on the barrier they're all sitting on. It's as high as my knee and as thick as a ruler. Not bad.

It's a bit windy but not too much that we'd fall over the side.

Then, we all settled to our businesses. Niall started reading one of out textbooks, Aerielle and Marshal with their phones whereas Jhanelle had brought out a permanent marker and started drawing on the wall.

"Yeah, I get it, it might need a bit colour," I said.

"Wew, I wish," Jhanelle replied. "But ya know, this school sucks, we don't even have a freedom wall or anything. So far, we can just do small scale vandalisms."

"Then why are you studying here?" I asked.

"I wouldn't even go here if it weren't for these guys," She replied.

"Aww," Marshal said, "I'm touched."

"That wasn't for you," Jhanelle lied. Of course it was for Marshal, it was for every one in the group actually. I'm just not sure if I'm a part of it.

"What about you, Marshal, why are you studying here?" I asked.

"Scholarship," He replied. "The school's music program is a bit classy and they needed a few voices and bam, scholarship."

"And you?" Aerielle asked. "I mean, apart from Niall being your best friend and all."

"The truth?" I asked, because hey, I wasn't even supposed to be here.

"Duhh," Jhanelle said, rolling her eyes.

"Accident," I answered. "It was an accident. A mistake of sending my data to this school, so I was accidentally sent here for the program."

"So would you be staying here for the whole year?" Aerielle asked.

My eyebrows met, "What do you mean?"

Niall cleared his throat, "After the first semester, you get to choose whether you want to stay or not. Technically you don't need to stay. You said you just wanted to stay here for the winter."

I let a couple of seconds pass to let that information sink in. Still, I said, "Yeah, well, I still got a few months to stay. I'd probably find a way to stay after that. How's Canada during the winter, by the way?"

And then we talked about how Canada looks like during the winter and I've got to say, I'm looking forward to that. I'm very much looking forward to winter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 2.5K 67
"When you let me go," I trail on, "did it hurt?" He smiles genuinely, "It did. It was the most painful thing I had to do but, I had to. I had to let...
9.6K 1.1K 130
This story is my happy place; I do not plan on ever finishing it. It will go on and on like a soapie. Might break it up into volumes later. "Grab a b...
17.6K 4.7K 61
"I know already " I was trying to stay calm on the outside but I was freaking out on the inside. "Know about what ?" He asked with a voice cold and d...
11.8K 948 30
A/N: I wrote this book when I was 10 years old so prepare to cringe. 👫👫👫 What would you do if you were taken by four teenagers? Well, you mostly s...