D.va x Reader: Game On

By FFLlama

After being on the same gaming team as Hana "D.va" Song, the two of you are recruited into the now reformed o... More

Author note
Backstory
Chapter 1: Welcome Back
Chapter 2: The Request
Chapter 3: Old Friends
Chapter 4: Star Love
Chapter 5: Bubbly Streams
Chapter 6: The Premiere
Chapter 7: New Years (lemon thingy)
Chapter 7: New Years (the actual lemon)
Chapter 8: Welcome to Overwatch
Chapter 9: Try Outs
Chapter 10: Heat Wave
Chapter 11: Seollal
Chapter 12: Busan
A/n: New Story
Chapter 13: Valentine's Day (Cave Johnson's Lemon Party)
Chapter 13: Valentines Day (The Actual Lemon)
Chapter 14: Random Shorts
Chapter 16: Lazy Day
Chapter 17: Flashback (Hana's 1st day)
A/n: It's Time To Vote!
Q and A?
Holy Crap
Chapter 18: Convention Fever
Chapter 19: Hello Again
Trailer
Chapter 20: Panel (pt. 1)
Chapter 21: Panel (pt. 2)
Chapter 22: To Protect and Serve
Chapter 23: Flashback (PokΓ© Hangout)
Top 500!
Chapter 24: Flight to Down Under
A/n: Sorry :(
Chapter 25: Home Again
100K views
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Chapter 27: Flashback: Officer D.va
Chapter 28: Ready Player 3? (Lemon treat)
Chapter 28: Ready Player 3? (Real lemon)
Chapter 29: Work
Update
Chapter 30: Spa Day
1000 Followers!
Chapter 31: Welcome Player 3
Chapter 32: Random Shorts 2
Chapter 33: Double the love
Chapter 34: Family Vacation
Wait? I'm alive?
Chapter 35: TV
Cinematic
Chapter 36: Flashback (Halloween)
Merry Christmas!!!
Chapter 37: Dream Date
Chapter 38: The Last Location (Le Lemon)
Important Update (I'm sorry)
Chapter 39: Life is beautiful (Finale)
Trivia and Final Farewell

Chapter 15: 16-bit Hero

10.7K 123 260
By FFLlama

"Come on. Let's go."

You start to be shaken awake by the brown-haired Korean beauty.

"Go where? Is it worth getting rid of precious shut eye?" You say clutching your pillow.

"Where else? PAX!" She says.

You sorta smirk, but then lay your head down again.

"Check the calendar. We've got two more weeks." You say.

"Huh?" Hana says, confused.

She gets off of you and checks the calendar on her phone. She groans in frustration about you being right and puts the phone away.

"Sorry. I thought we had to leave." She says.

"Well for starters it's not today since we're at Gibraltar and not San Antonio. Also, we haven't decided what to go as."

"Sorry for waking you. You can go back to sleep now."

"Well, I'm up now, so I should get moving."

Hana looks a bit crestfallen. She has been looking forward to this for a while. Every gamer loved PAX, a convention where game companies show off their new games, vendors sell game related merchandise, and you could play new or older games on consoles, PC, handhelds, or even tabletop games. There are several PAXs. The one you were going to was in San Antonio, Texas. P0W3R was having a panel, and you guys were actually part of the panel despite not being on the team anymore. It would be nice to see your old friends in person again instead of in game, though that was fun too.

You get up and hug Hana. "Just a little bit longer. That's all. Then we'll be having fun at PAX South." You say.

"But I want it to happen now. I miss our old friends, (y/n). I miss seeing Werner and Felix having light saber duels. I miss Carolina's love for cats. I miss Elliot's fun personality and Sakura's cheerful attitude." She says.

"We can stream with them tonight if you want."

"It's not the same. I want to see them in person."

"We'll see them soon. You just have to be patient, like how I was when you first joined Meka. I didn't see you for several months."

"But that's easy for you. I'm different."

You sigh and you two sit on the foot of the bed. Hana lays her head on your shoulder and you put your arm around her.

"I just haven't seen them in a long time. We're all over the place. Elliot in Australia, Werner in Germany, Sakura in Japan. Then the other two in America. We're just so far apart. It's hard to see each other again." She says.

"We are seeing them again. You just have to wait. The longer you wait, the more special it will be."

Hana kisses your cheek and it's silent for a bit. Then you get an idea.

"You want to visit the 16-bit hero?" You ask.

Hana's face lights up. "Yeah! I love the arcade! I'm going to own you in Lost Vikings VI."

"Hey. Aren't you forgetting Street Fighter II is there too?"

"We can either talk about it or we can actually go there now."

"Well aren't you demanding."

Hana giggles and takes your arm to drag you to the garage. She grabs her car (a pink Ferrari 458 Italia) and starts to drive to the 16 bit Hero. She puts on some K-pop, but you turn it off.

"Why did you do that?" She asks.

"Shotgun gets control of the radio. It's an unwritten car law." You say.

"Well, driver can overrule that law, so we're listening to K-pop."

She turns it on again, but you turn it off again.

"You can't control the radio and drive. I know you. You can mainly focus on one thing. You can't multitask."

"Objection!" She points a finger with a straight arm. "This is from my phone. I can control my phone."

It comes back on and you turn it off. This happens a few times. Then you just give up and Hana laughs at her victory.

"You know you can be very stubborn." You say.

"You knew what you were getting when you confessed. Besides, I'll buy food for you since you have to put up with this." She says.

"I'm always up for free food. Well, food that's free for me."

You guys arrive at the 16-bit hero and put credits on your gaming card. Arcades had resurged in popularity, so it was pretty crowded there. You two were recognized almost immediately by a couple of fans and had your pictures taken and signed a few things.

"So what should we play first?" Hana asks.

"It's your day. You pick." You say.

"Uhhh. You want to race?"

You look to where the racing games are and nod your head. Hana slides the card and you two race your virtual cars in Times Square. It's a close race, but Hana wins.

"Haha! Victory! You lose." She says placing an L on her forehead.

"Only because I let you." You say

"Oh please."

"I'm serious. I used nitrous too early on purpose."

"Just be a dear and give the victor a celebratory kiss."

You sigh and kiss Hana's cheek. You get up and go to the next game: Guitar Hero.

"I'll let the loser pick the song." Hana says.

"Really?" You scoff.

"I'll pick if you don't."

You smirk. "Sabotage by the Beastie Boys."

The song starts to play and you and Hana duke it out on the guitars. You're both very good. When it ends, you end up with more points.

"Haha! I win!" You say.

"How? I'm pretty sure I hit every note." Hana says in disbelief.

"Well, you should have hit them harder."

"Whatever. Good game. What game should we do next?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm a pinball wizard."

"Alright. Let's go play some pinball."

There are several pinball machines and each has a different theme, from South Park to World War 2 to even an Overwatch themed one. Hana picks the candy themed one and you play on the Batman themed pinball machine. After that, you play some skeeball and several other games to get some tickets.

"So, what now?" Hana asks.

"You said something about Lost Vikings VI." You say.

"Oh yeah! I can't wait to show you my skills at that game. Sometimes I even stream it during missions."

You go to the Lost Vikings VI cabinet and wait in line, but not too long due to a fan letting you guys go in front of her.

"Watch and learn (y/n). This is how a pro plays it." Hana says.

Hana grips the joystick and slaps the arcade buttons as she pilots the ship and attacks the enemies. A crowd starts to form as the D.va is playing the Lost Vikings VI in the arcade they were currently in. You kinda want to get in the action.

"Whoops. I accidentally pressed the player two button." You say as another ship appears.

"You just had to steal my thunder, huh?" Hana says, not averting her eyes from the game.

"Hey. I'll get you a pachimari from the claw machine."

"I already have seven of those."

"Do you have the bokimari one?"

"No."

"Well I'll get you that one. Or one that you don't have."

"Deal."

The two of you start playing together and the crowd gets even more into it. You play until you beat the game and the crowd cheers.

"You know I didn't need your help, right?" Hana says, a little annoyed that you joined her game.

"I know. I just wanted to try it myself. I figured I should learn from the pro." You say.

Hana seems to become less annoyed after that. You two get some pictures taken with some fans and then you go and try to fulfill your promise to Hana and get her a new Pachimari.

"Okay. Claw machines. Let's do this. Which one do you not have?" You say holding the claw machine controls.

"I want that ghost one or the Bokimari one." Hana says.

You grab the controls and after the third attempt, you get a basketball Patchimari.

"Do you have this one?" You ask.

"Yeah. I'll give that one to Tracer. Try again." She says.

"I don't know. I might need some motivation."

Hana kisses your cheek and you smile. You slide your card and after two more attempts, you get the bokimari one.

"There you go. One bokimari." You say handing it to her.

"Komawo (고마워) (y/n)!" She says squeezing it, making a squeaking sound. "Let's do some older arcade games now, shall we?"

You go to the older game area and play several old games, from Pacman to Galaga. You also play some Street Fighter II, and you beat Hana as Ken pretty quickly. Some other guys think they could beat you. They were wrong. One guy was close, but you won in the end.

After playing games for a few hours, you cashed in your tickets and Hana got a plush Pikachu. You got a mini Portal turret.

You two then went to a Ramen shop for lunch. It was good ramen.

"So, do you feel better now?" You ask.

You can't hear her answer due to her talking with food in her mouth.

"Uhh. I didn't get that. What?"

She swallows and then giggles. "Sorry. Yeah. I feel much better now. What do you think they'll show at PAX?"

"Well, probably not Half Life 3."

"They're never going to release that, are they?"

"Nope. Nintendo will probably have yet another Mario game and I think they may have a new Legend of Zelda game."

"Should we stream there?"

"Probably. Maybe we'll play a game during the panel."

"I know that we should dress up as something for one of the days. What should we do?"

"Well, we could do our own things or we can have a sort of duo sort of thing."

"Link and Zelda?"

"Every gaming couple does that."

"You're right. Maybe we should go as each other!"

"No, Hana. We should not."

"Why not?"

"Because you're too pretty for me to try and personify you."

"That's pretty cheesy, but it works for me. Maybe I should ask our fans."

"If you ask them, they'll know who to look for. We may not be able to take a step."

"So what? They'll probably be several Scorpions or Master Chiefs or Novas or...you get my point."

"Alright. You can ask them. This is all okay with Winston, right?"

"Yep. He knew the risks of hiring us."

You guys finish your ramen and then head back to base where you do some training missions and practice shooting. Once the day is over, you chill at the bar with Lúcio, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, McCree, Tracer, and Pharah.

"Hana, that's your last drink." You say.

"What? Nooo. I'm totaaally fiiiine." She drunkily says.

"You heaaard heeer. We're okay." Tracer says. She tries to put an arm around Hana, but falls over and hits the ground.

Reinhardt, who had ten beers, is still pretty sober. You had a couple of drinks, and your mind was a bit foggy, but you were still thinking properly. For the most part.

"Hana, (y/n) is right. No more for you. Same goes to you Lena." Reinhardt says.

"Okay grandpa." Tracer says, struggling to get back up.

"Great. I have to deal with a Hana hangover tomorrow." You say.

"Hang over what?" Hana says.

"A tree?" Tracer says.

"Maaayybe he means ovvver a cliff?" Lúcio says.

"Ooo! There are pleeenty here. Let's fiiind one, Hana!" Tracer says.

Pharah and you hold the two of them back before they can hurt themselves.

"I suppose I should get Hana to bed before she thinks she is a dolphin." You say.

"That would probably be best. I'll take Lena to her room." Torbjorn says. "Come on Lena."

"Ooo! Are you one of thooose dwarfs? Hi ho! Hi ho! It's off to work we go!" Tracer says.

Torbjorn shakes his head and guides the singing Tracer to her room.

"Come along Hana. Let's head back to our room." You say.

"Can yoouuu be a pooony?" Hana asks.

You sigh and put Hana on your shoulders to give her a piggyback ride.

"Say goodbye to your friends and sleepy McCree." You say.

"Goodbye friends and sleepy McCree!" She says.

Everyone says goodbye except for McCree who's passed out. You arrive to your room and you try to change Hana into her pajamas.

"I don't want to weaaar those." She says.

"Well, what do you want to wear?"

She then takes off all her clothes except her bra and panties. "Underwear!"

You sigh and can't help but smile. "Okay Hana. I'm going to brush my teeth real quick. Don't move."

You look at Hana the entire way and she sits on the bed watching you. You leave the door open in case Hana needs to toss her cookies or do something that would not be fun to clean up. When you get out, Hana is jumping on the bed.

"Hana what are you doing?" You ask.

"I'm going to fly! Ready? Fly Hana fly!" She says as she jumps off the bed.

Luckily you catch her before she face plants herself on the ground.

"Is there anything you need to do?" You ask.

"Uhhh. Noooo. Wait! I need to use the girl's room." She says.

You put her down and she runs (or waddles) to the bathroom and closes the door. You sit there and think about the drunken Hana and whatever hell Torbjorn is going through with Tracer. You're kinda happy that you're leaving for America soon where the drinking law is 21 and over. Then you won't need to deal with drunken Hana. The last time she was drunk was after Seollal, and you didn't have to deal with it either because you were drunk as well. Her parents on the other hand...

Hana was in the bathroom for five minutes and you decided to check in on her. You knock on the door.

"Hana, are you okay in there?" You ask.

"Yes. I'm fiiine." She says.

Figuring that she was not, you opened the door and walked in. She was looking in the mirror and touching it. You flush the toilet since she forgot to do that and ask "Hana, what are you doing?"

"I'm watching TV. I'm in this show." She says.

"Hana. Let's go to bed."

She starts to move there and stumbles. You catch her and carry her to the bed.

"I want some water." Hana says once you tucked her in.

"You can have some tomorrow." You say.

"I want water!"

"Hana, no. Not yet."

"Mul (물)!"

"Fine. But don't move."

Hana starts to talk in more Korean and you leave the room to get her some water. When you get back, she's asleep. You sigh with relief and place the water on her nightstand. You kiss her forehead and go to your side of the bed for some sleep of your own.

(A/n) So you just witnessed drunk Hana. Maybe she'll make another appearance. I don't know. There was also a mention of PAX and what you two will go as. Well, what should you go as? Let me know if you'd like. Have a nice day :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 492 18
(Y/N) a child left in an alleyway by their parents. Living one their own for a year now. Until when they accidently ran into a woman, after smelling...
27.5K 710 14
Reaper x Soldier fanfiction. Have to do this one. As a Reaper Main it is my duty to write this book. Expect smut and language. If you don't know Over...
48.6K 1K 14
You wanted a monster...now you have one. We were told a legend long ago by my father....that there were more than just the north and south dragons. T...
8.3K 138 20
Since the collapse of Overwatch all those years ago, The omnium uprising has left Y/N lost in his mind and without purpose. Y/N has vivid but comfort...