Whilst the boyfriends away

By kaylsxo

Here, there and everywhere with work my boyfriend Charlie is rather quick to make me his last priority, and a... More

Whilst the boyfriends away
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80
81.
82.
83.
Epilogue
Sequel?

72.

74.3K 1.3K 78
By kaylsxo

I was woken the following morning by the sun shining through a gap left in the drawn curtains, small but big enough a bright beam shone directly in my face. I turned over burying my head into Aston's chest welcoming his arms around my body, feeling the palm of his right hand on my bum.

"Good morning," he murmured.

"Morning," I smiled.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine."

"No sickness this morning then?"

"Shh, you'll jinx it for me."

He chuckled twirling a single strand of my hair around his finger.

"I still think you should go to the doctors though babe, just to check how your body is recovering," he said.

"I'll call them this morning to see if they have an appointment," I replied.

"I can do that whilst you have your bath."

"I'm having a bath?" I frowned.

"I thought you might like one now you've stopped bleeding."

"I'd love one."

He smiled reaching out to the bedside table for his phone. It's seven-thirty and he's already got messages waiting to be read.

"Oh, news travels fast," he muttered.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's JJ, he's asked me if the rumours are true. Are we together and has Charlie put me in hospital?"

"How does he know that? He doesn't know Charlie," I stuttered jumping up to face him.

"No but Kelly knows now and you said yourself what a mouth she has, it was bound to happen babe."

"But nobody should know about the trip to the hospital, Chloe wouldn't breathe a word."

"I should say he means the fighting that's all."

"Do you think?"

"Yeah," he nodded reassuring me.

Up and about by half past eight I sat at the dining table finishing my breakfast in my pyjamas whilst everyone else scurried off to work. Steve leaves at stupid o'clock in the morning but Siobhan, Courtney and Conor all have a nice nine till five job just like me. Charlie never had a taste of the real world so he wouldn't know that its normality.

"See you later Kayleigh," Conor smiled being the last one to leave. He closed the door behind himself and shut out the cold, damp and miserable day.

"One hot, steamy, Jo Malone scented bath ready and waiting for you," Aston said hopping down the stairs.

"Have you used your Mum's bath oils?"

"I won't tell her if you won't," he smirked.

I giggled sipping the last of my tea as he walked over. He picked up my empty plate and mug clearing away the table for me.

"Thank you," I said pecking his lips gently.

"You're welcome."

I made my way upstairs and left Aston downstairs to arrange my doctor's appointment, if I know him as well as I think I do he will accept any time slot they have just so I'm seen and checked over. It probably is for the best though. As I opened the bathroom door the hot seam smothered me smelling sweet of the pomegranate scented oil, its expensive and Siobhan's favourite so Aston needs to hope she doesn't find out, no doubt he was heavy-handed too. I undressed and slipped under the bubbles. I laid my head back and groaned as I felt my tense body ease in the hot water. I've been off work nearly two weeks now, I think I could manage physically but emotionally is a different matter, I know I'd break down having to face Kelly and a bunch of questions so soon after the miscarriage. Aston's also been calling in sick which by no surprise his boss isn't pleased about, but if we're thinking about moving to Essex it won't matter so much.

"Kayleigh?" Aston spoke knocking on the door no more than twenty minutes later.

"Come in," I replied.

"I've got you an appointment."

"Already?"

"Yeah, I told them the situation and they've given you an emergency slot. It's at eleven fifteen."

"Oh. Are they concerned?"

"No, it's just the next appointment is weeks away and we can't wait that long. Don't worry."

"Oh okay."

"How's your bath?" he asked.

"It's lovely, I would ask you to join me but if my appointments at eleven fifteen I better start washing my hair."

"Next time," he smiled. "I'll be in the bedroom."

I nodded and picked up the shampoo bottle from the side and pushed my hair behind my back to wash. Aston left me to it and shut the bathroom door behind himself. Squeezing a small amount on my hand I lathered my hair up on top of my head and gently massaged my scalp, rinsing and repeating with conditioner. Feeling fresh and a lot more relaxed after my soak I climbed out of the bath and wrapped a soft towel around me tucking it in at the chest. Using a smaller towel for my hair I walked back into the bedroom to Aston, instead of getting ready he's sprawled out on the bed with the laptop.

"Are you not showering?" I asked.

"Yeah, in a minute," he replied with his eyes fixed to the screen.

I moisturised, put on some clean underwear and slipped on one of Aston's t-shirts whilst I got ready. Sitting in my usual spot on the floor looking into the mirror that's resting against the wall I quickly blasted my hair with the dryer and began to straighten it down my back. Eventually at ten o'clock Aston too started to get ready. I finished applying my make up as he returned from the shower and after changing into some jeans and a jumper it's now me who's sitting on the bed, waiting.

"Have you been looking at houses?" I asked catching sight of the open page on the laptop.

"Yeah there's a nice one in Chelmsford, have a look."

I turned it towards me and looked through the pictures.

"It does look nice, but we've said that about the last two."

"Maybe so, but we have to keep trying."

"Yeah, the price is reasonable too."

"I might give them a call when we get back," he smiled.

Despite this being our first house together Aston is determined to buy and not rent, he's always considered renting as dead money.

Picking up my bag and keys we left the house in plenty of time and made our way to the doctors situated only fifteen minutes up the road. Arriving and sitting down in a reasonably quite waiting room Aston checked me in on the interactive screen before joining me on a small couch.

"Are you nervous?" he asked.

"No, why?"

"I thought you sounded it this morning."

"I'm okay, I was just a little surprised to be given an emergency slot but I understand now."

He smiled picking up my hand from my lap. I sat waiting patiently for another ten minutes before we were called and following the corridor on the left I stopped outside Doctor Scotts door to knock.

"Come in, good morning," she smiled politely.

"Hello," I replied sitting down on the chair opposite, Aston sitting beside me.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm not too bad this morning."

"Have you been sick at all this week?"

"Yeah, a few days."

"Are they at specific times?"

"Erm, I haven't really took notice. I was sick yesterday before breakfast weren't I?" I shrugged looking to Aston.

"Do you think its been in the morning then?" she asked.

"I suppose so, yeah."

Aston nodded in agreement.

"Have you stopped bleeding?" she continued.

"Yeah I have."

"What else have you been experiencing?"

"Tiredness," Aston spoke.

"Yeah, I've been exhausted by the early evening."

"What about cramps?"

"It's only the odd ache now," I shrugged.

"Okay," she said typing onto her computer.

"Is everything okay?" I frowned.

"I'm going to refer you to hospital."

Aston spoke the words for me, "what? why?" he stuttered.

"I understand you've been diagnosed with a miscarriage but as its now nearly two weeks on I'm worried about how your body is still behaving."

"I've stopped bleeding though," I mumbled.

"I'd like you to be examined again to check on the miscarriage, I see you were able to pass naturally so the doctors will check that you have."

"Right."

"Can you not tell us anything?" Aston asked.

She hesitated at first but eventually turned with her hands in her lap, "I am concerned about your pregnancy, you're still showing signs."

I sat in shock beside Aston trying to take it all in. I never imaged this, but now as I start to think about it the tiredness, constant toilet trips and sickness are all symptoms. I thought we were moving on from this heartache but it seems not.

~♥️~

Vote for more :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663 54 16
Ok so I'm not the prettiest girl out there, but that doesn't give you the right to treat me like shit! Hi I'm Jessica Mills this is the story of how...
251K 7.6K 23
“What is your problem?! LEAVE ME ALONE!” I screeched. I was tired of this and couldn't hold it in. He’s been doing this for a whole year. A WHOLE YEA...
2.8K 259 22
I got up looking at his big bulge in his shorts, I asked if I we're going to have sex "No" He said while sitting on the bed beside me "Why" I asked h...
9.1K 222 50
Two different people, belonging to two different countries, spoke different languages but felt a strong attraction towards each other. Was it love? P...