Second Chance

By passtheduch

All Julianna knew growing up was fighting and killing. Being a contract killer was the only thing she knew ho... More

The End of the Beginning
One's End is Another's Beginning
Energy Cultivation
Dinner With The Family
In Preparation Of An On Coming War
In The Name Of Revenge
Showdown At The Ball
Playing With Fire
A Family Of Performers
Master Doku
A Glutton For Punishment
Life & Air
Fire & Lightning
Uninvited Guests
Two Months
Parker Forest
Badge Of Honor
Three Gifts
A Great Wrong
Midnight Meal
Fight and Flight
Beloved
Rowen History
Five Star Kiss
Okay
Family History
Day Three, Four and Five
Three Years
Redbane
Brooks Estate
New Servants
Auction House
Truth and Justice
Sea Of Fire
Shadow Spies
Missions
Mission Completed
Two Gifts
Ten
Always
Fortitudo
Grand Master

Plans For The Immediate Future

29.9K 1.4K 250
By passtheduch

Plans For The Immediate Future

"Young Lady, you need to follow me right now!" Lana told her.  "Your father is with guests and  your presence is needed at the meeting."

Jewels did not have any intentions of going over to the main house and meeting the guests, however it was Uncle Jude waiting by the stairs that made her stop. 

"Jewels," Uncle Jude slowly said. "Lets go to the main house to meet our guests shall we?"

Uncle Jude led the way to the main house, with Jewels then Lana following behind.  When they entered the sitting room, the chatter between Lady Maria, Harvey and the guests stopped.

In front of her was an old woman, she had silver hair that was pulled back into a high bun showing off her striking features.  She has high cheek bones with a thin nose that led to a thin lips.  Her delicate eyebrows complemented her almond shaped eyebrows as her blue violet eyes shined brightly back at her. 

Sitting next to her is a middle aged woman in blue.  Her brown hair was left hanging down and her features were pretty.  She looked the the epitome of what a lady is suppose to be.  Soft, delicate, petite.  She made people who looked at her want to protect her. 

The middle aged man with salt and pepper hair had a full grown beard on his face.  He also shared the same blue violet eyes like the old woman.  As the man stood up, Jewels noticed how tall the man was and bowed politely to the guests.

"Lady Jewels greets our guests."  Jewels said. "And apologizes for the long wait. I have been helping at the Wilder Orphanage and forgot about the time."

"Come here child," the old woman told her. "Let Grandma take a look at you better."

Walking closer to the old woman, Jewels had to pass by Raiden to get to the old woman. Instead of making her way to the old woman, she was stopped by Raiden's hand when he grabbed hold of her wrist. 

"Duchess Rowen must forgive this young Prince for his insolence.  However, your young granddaughter has been given to this young Prince as this young Prince's golden gift."

Clicking her tongue at him, she told him. "I just want to look at her not take her away from you! Come child, I have not seen you since you were born, come so this grandma can have a better look at you."

Looking at Raiden first then looking at the old woman, she made her way to the two women and stopped when she reached them. 

Both of them stood up and grabbed her hand.  The old woman shed tears while the other woman caressed her head.  The man came to hug the petite woman and covered her in his embrace as one of his hands came to pat her shoulder.

"My darling granddaughter, how you have grown!  You look just like your mother."  The old lady said.  

"Prince Raiden called you Duhess Rowen, does that mean you're my grandmother?" Jewels asked.

Turning to Harvey the old woman reprimanded Harvey, "How have you raised my granddaughter that she doesn't even recognize her own grandmother and her Uncle Sam?"

Looking at Lana, it was now Duchess Rowen's turn to yell at her. "Look at her, she looks so thin!  What have you been feeding her! And her clothes! Why is her clothes so thin!  Why are they made from common material?  Is this not the house of Brooks?  Is this house the the house of the famed General Harvey Brooks and the formidable Brooks family?  How is it that Lady Maria's clothes are silk and laces, while my granddaughter--"

"Duchess Rowen," Harvey interjected. "Jemma is now Prince Raiden's golden gift, it is up to Prince Raiden to provide for her now, not the House of Brooks." 

Harvey deflected Duchess Rowen's verbal attack to Prince Raiden.  Turning to Prince Raiden she was about to give him an earful when he held up his hand and answered her.

"Before you say something you will regret, be advise that this Prince has already provided this Prince's golden gift with all the necessities that this Prince can afford. This Prince's golden gift, is not someone who dresses in frivolity.  This Prince golden gift had just spent the day at Wilder Orphanage helping and playing with the children there.  Ruining a dress made of silk and lace would not help anyone.  Nor is this Prince's golden gift there to impress anyone. This Prince have gifted this Prince's golden gift with clothes and jewelry made for royalty for this Prince's golden gift's birthday."

Duchess Rowen humped loudly and cupped Jewels face. "Grandma Rowen has heard everything about you and has rushed here with the intentions of making sure you are alright. You let Grandma know if anyone bully's you. Grandman Rowen will punish them for you."

"Will Grandma Rowen really punish those who bully Jewels?" Jewels asked as she looked at Harvey, Lana and Maria.

Duchess Rowen understood the look Jewels gave the rest and hooked her arms with Jewels.  "So this is how the famed General Harvey treats my granddaughter?  After failing to find, kill, and uproot those who attack my daughter and granddaughter, you instead let my daughter die in vain and treat her daughter disdainfully! I told her you were no good!  I told her that she if she married you, she would have misfortune befall on to her.  The only good thing that you gave her was Jemma here." 

Not being able to retort back, Harvey held on to his anger as he became red faced. 

"And these two people here are?" Jewels reminded them.

"This is your Uncle Sam and your Aunt Nora." Grandma Rowen told her.  "Uncle Sam is older than your mother by two years."

"Very pleased to finally meet you." Jewels said as she curtsied towards them. 

"Come here girl,"  Uncle Sam said as he hooked his arms around Jewels and brought her towards his arms that still held Nora. "We're family, we Rowen's hug not curtsy." 

Raiden's face did not look pleasing, however he did not say anything.  He would let the Rowen's have their way for now, however at the end of the day, Jewels will be in his arms.

"Um," Jewels interjected as she extracted herself out of his arms. "Can you call me Jewels instead of Jemma?"

"If that is what you wish for darling, we will call you Jewels instead of Jemma," Aunt Nora said as she unhooked herself from her husband and sat down. As she sat down, she dragged Jewels to sit down next to her and Duchess Rowen.

"Do you know anything about your mother or anything about us?" Nora asks Jewels.

"No, I'm sorry, but I don't. I remember somethings about her, but I really don't know anything at all."

Duchess Rowen became more angry and stared daggers at Harvey and Lana.

"Did you know that your step mother Lana is cousins with your mother?" Nora asked.

Shaking her head no, Jewels brought more anger to everyone in the room.

"Your grandmother is Duchess Ivy Rowen and your grandfather is Duke Harper Rowen. Uncle Sam is the eldest child and your mother is the youngest child. As you should know by now, we are not from Madewell Kingdom, we are from Mulberry Kingdom."

"Child," Duchess Rowen injected. "You must forgive us for not coming sooner. We have just heard of all the horrible things you have experienced last week and rushed here to help you. When we found out, did you know Grandmother went directly to see the King of Madewell and demanded that he pay reparations to you. And when we found out that instead you were given as a gift to Prince Raiden of Redbane, do you know how unjustly we felt that we failed Iris and you?"

"Grandma Rowen, do not worry so much about me, I have fared pretty well so far. Although it was hard at times, I have Uncle Jude and Pop pop by my side. They helped me a lot growing up and if it wasn't for them, I would not be where I am today because of them. Prince Raiden treats me well. What he said about providing for me, he has. My birthday gift he gave me a whole wardrobe of gowns and clothes for everyday wear. It just that the clothes are too fine and fancy that I am not used to it yet and have been wearing my old clothes. He also gave me these earrings see." Jewels said as she pulled her hair back to show off the black stud earrings on her ear. "Prince Raiden says that these earrings are made from black onyx diamonds that can only be found in Redbane. He said that these earrings once belonged to his mother and that she wore them everyday. He also wishes that I wear them everyday and I have not taken them off since I put them on, on my birthday. Prince Raiden says the black onyx diamonds represent strength and protection. "

"My child, you are so innocent," Duchess Rowen said out loud. "Your Uncle Jude and Grandfather must have taken such great care of you for you to be so innocent."

The Brooks household new better than to contradict Duchess Rowen's words. If they did, Jewels would have taken the opportunity to exploit the Brooks household.

"Grandma, how long will you and Uncle and Aunt be staying here at Madewell? Will you guys stay with me while you're here? There are a lot of unoccupied rooms in the left wing....although there isn't much furniture--" Jewels was interrupted by Harvey.

"We have plenty of rooms here in the main house as well that can accommodate you."

"No need," Uncle Sam said. "We are staying at the Rose Courtyard not to far from here. We are here until the 4 Kingdom peace talks are over, then plan to go back to Mulberry Kingdom afterwards."

"Would you like to visit Mulberry Kingdom, Jewels? Grandma Rowen would love to take you to visit your mothers home and show you around."

"I would love to visit Grandma and see where mother grew up." Jewels said, however she felt a cool breeze blow her way from Raiden's direction. "Maybe Prince Raiden will bring his golden gift to visit Grandma, Uncle, and Aunt one day?"

Everyone turned to look at Raiden. He sat in his chair with a permanent frown on his face and his deadly stare directed at the Rowen family. His arms crossed over his chest as one leg crossed over the other.

"If that is what this Prince's golden gift wants, this Prince will surely grant this Prince's golden gift's wish one day."

"See, grandma, see how well Prince Raiden treats me!" Jewels said as she gave her grandmother a smile. "Prince Raiden also said that where ever I sleep, it is where he'll sleep as well! He said it was for protection"

Aunt Nora choked on her tea as Maria and Lana spat out theirs. Uncle Sam and Uncle Jude laughed awkwardly as Harvey's face turned red.

Raiden's masked face cracked a little with Jewels last statement. The corner of his lips twitched a couple of times before settling down again into a frown.

"Child! That talk is simply not something one discusses in front of company, especially in front of your family." Duchess Rowen told her.

"Your granddaughter asks for Grandma Rowen to for give her. I have not had the best education like my older sisters and do not know much about what is considered polite conversation."

Jewels dug another hole for Harvey and Lana to be buried in.

"You see, your granddaughter was not given the opportunity for a tutor to teach me. Even when the tutor hired by my father and mother came to teach Maria and Lindsay, all four of them would tell me that I wasn't welcomed. One day, I really wanted to learn from the tutor, I found an open window and sat underneath it listening to the tutor teach. However I was found out and punished for listening. They said I wasn't worthy enough for an education and that any education would be wasted for a trash like me because I have no cultivation and fighting abilities." Jewels said with tears in her eyes.

"My granddaughter's life has been so pitiful," Duchess Rowen cried loudly. "With such low cultivation skills, this grandmother thought that, that Father of yours would treat you kindly. However it was the opposite! Grandma Rowen will treat you well from now on and not neglect you."

Uncle Sam and Aunt Nora agreed with Duchess Rowen readily. The night wore on as the three uninvited guest talked with Jewels. Jewels vented to her grandmother about her miserable life and sang praises about Uncle Jude and Pop pop. When it was well deep into the night, Duchess Rowen, Uncle Sam and Aunt Nora finally returned to their courtyard.

Fuming mad, Harvey, Lana and Maria did not say another word to Jewels and went to their respective rooms while Uncle Jude, Pop pop, Raiden and Jewels made their way to the left wing.

"Do you think that was a good idea?" Uncle Jude asked Jewels as they arrived to the left wing's sitting room. "You telling Duchess Rowen about how they bullied you?"

"Uncle Jude, please don't worry so much about what the Brooks family are going to do to me. Whatever they plan, I plan on giving it back to them tenfold. And if Grandma Rowen, Uncle Sam or Aunt Nora can help me exact my revenge, then I'll use all the help I can get."

Pop pop turned to Jewels and asked. "Breakthrough?"

"Yes," Jewels said. "Two levels, I'm at mid level 5 right now."

"Can't feel." Pop pop said as he walked around Jewels. Circling her like a shark in the ocean. He looked at her from top to bottom and could not feel her level 5 energy. Her energy felt like how it always felt. "Aura's different."

Nodding yes, she tells him. "From indigo to dark red."

"Good, good good." Pop said as he sat down. "Come." He ordered Jewels.

Sitting down next to him, Pop pop lifts up her sleeve and studies the bracer on her arm.

"Infinite Galaxy." Pop pop whispered. "Maybe Infinite Galaxy block?"

"Maybe," Jewels answered Pop pop understanding his train of thought.

"If so, its good. Protect Jewels."

"Protect Jewels." Jewels agrees.

"Here," Pop pop said as he got up and went to Uncle Jude's study and when he came out he brought with him a stack of books and journals. "Read." He said as he handed them to her. "Infinite Galaxy."

"Thanks Pop pop." Jewels said as she accepted the pile of books and journals. "There is something I need to tell everyone. My master has given me a mission and to complete it I need to be away for a while."

"Whats the mission and where are you going? " Uncle Jude asked before Raiden could ask her the same thing.

"My master asked me to join the Madewell Tourament and to be placed in top 5 in my group category. I will be leaving in four days. I have already ordered supplies for my journey and training that will be arriving tomorrow. Pop pop is making my weapons for me and says it'll be ready when I leave. My plan is to go to Parker Forrest and train there." Jewels told them. "When I am gone, you would have to look after yourselves."

Uncle Jude wanted to tell her to stay and train, however he knew she needed to leave to fully train without reservations. If she stayed, the constant drama with the family would keep her occupied instead of training.

"I'll deflect your relatives from your mother side. We can tell them that you are going on a pilgrimage to the Goddess temple at Markling Mountain. We can say you're going there to pray for your mother and for the family. To give thanks to the Goddess for Duchess Rowen, Uncle Sam and Aunt Nora for their safe travels to Madewell and to pray for Uncle Jude and Pop pop for their constant presence in your life. It takes three weeks to get there and once you are there, the holiday for Goddess's birth is in four weeks, with the celebration of the Goddess's birth that should take another week. Then it'll take three weeks for you to make your way back. That should give you two months to train in Parker Forest. By then, the tournament would be held two weeks after that and you should be home to rest fully."

Agreeing to the situation and the excuse they are going to give to the Rowen's everyone turned in for the night. As Jewels got ready for bed in her room, Prince Raiden got ready for bed in his room. When Jewels walked out of the bathroom, Raiden was already sitting down on her bed. He sat there quietly with a towel by his side.

"Come," Raiden said patting the seat next to him. Sitting down, Raiden dried her hair for her. No one spoke. Jewels did not know what he was thinking. He had three reactions that she has seen from him. Either he was indifferent or angry. The other reaction she has seen from him has been only towards her and that reaction was lust.

When her hair was mostly dried, he threw the towel over to the table and rolled into bed. His back faced Jewels as Jewels crawled next to him. Instead of sleeping, Jewels laid awake wondering why Raiden ignoring her made her unable to sleep. His warmth next to her, holding her while they slept became comforting to her that although they were next to each other, the gap between them felt like they were oceans apart. Turning to face his back, she saw the scars riddled across his back. Some of them new, many of them old. She wanted to ask him how he got so many scars and if they still hurt. She wanted to touch them and trace their existence on his back and remind him that his life is still precious to those around him. That a whole Kingdom still relies on him so he shouldn't be so reckless. Forcing herself not to touch each scar on his back, she instead wraps her arm around his waist and scoots her body close to his back. Once her front lied directly on his back, Raiden intertwines his hand with hers and brings it up to his chest holding it there. He kisses her hand lightly and leaves their intertwining hands on his chest. His breath returning back into deep, steady breathing. Jewels lies there longer, her eyes closed but her mind running. Forcing herself to sleep, she kisses the back of Raiden's neck once before finally falling asleep to the smell of Raiden's scent.

Raiden lied there next to her awake the whole time. He wanted to tell her that she couldn't go to Parker Forest to train because it was dangerous. He wanted to lock her in her room so she wouldn't get hurt. He wanted to chain her to him so she wouldn't be far away from him. He wanted to hold her at night so he can sleep with the cool breeze blowing on his skin, stopping the raging fire in his veins from burning him. However, instead to saying and doing those things, he laid there pretending to sleep knowing full well that Jewels was a wake too. When she made the move to embrace him, his heart soared with happiness. When she kissed the back of his neck, it took all his will power not to turn around an pin her to the bed and kiss her back. He wanted so much from her, yet she hardly showed any affection towards him. What they have shown each other so far was lust. Lust from the first time they kissed. Before Raiden fell asleep, he promised to take the lust they felt together and turn it to love.

*********************

Wahhh! (that's me pretend crying) Thanks for all the love and support! -ptd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 105 33
Leanna was a normal girl with a father, brothers and a little sister. She attended school and studied everyday. Only one thing. She is training to be...
88 40 15
All of our life, we have been told that we can't travel to different universes, and Juliane is no different. She was living like any normal teenager...
63 6 22
Heaven has fallen, leaving behind a scarred visage of the world. The lands are now crawling with all manner of vile creatures: demons, werewolves, va...
2.2K 152 85
"Huh?" "Save the world?" "Help those in need?" "Why in God's name would I care about that if I won't get anything that I want in return?" "Go bother...