Unleashed

By PrettyRandom

Annabelle Aconite, the daughter of a Sheriff, always knew there was something off about her. From her strange... More

Prologue
Nightmares
First Day Of School
Pebbles
Requested
Douchebag
Bientôt
First Warning
Worried
Games (Long)
Unexplained
Rodeo Drive
Murdered
Trust (Long)
Gem
The Fall (Long)
My Brother the Jerk
The Tracks (Long)
Movie Date (Long)
Morning of...
Seniors Party
"Wake Up!"
"Stay Away From Harry."
Silver Lining
Drawings
étincelles
Followed
Let's Go Camping!
Red
Marshmallows
Meet Me
Revealed
Aftermath
The BBQ
My Slice of Heaven
Monday....
Pictures..
Proverbs (Long)
Breathless (Long)
Lost (Part 1)
Lycanthropy (Part 2 of Lost)
Feu
Meanings
Legendary Lovers <3
Close to Home
Unexpected
Visitor
Elements
Tarot Cards
Girls in White
Invitation? (Long)
Guess Whose Over For Dinner (Part 1 Long)
Falling Star (Part 2 Long)
Recruiting
Go Big or Go Home
Halloween (Part 1 of 3)
0 to 100 Real Quick (Part 2 of 3)
Mystery Guy (Part 3 of 3)
Breakfast
Your Eyes
Something New
You asked I've answered :) (Author addition)
"I Knew"
Surprise!
Starlight
Chest Pains
Twister
Linda (Part 1 of 4)
Fireproof (Part 2 of 4)
Illusions (Part 3 of 4)
"Symbolism and Meanings" (Part 4 of 4)
Purple and Grey
You Asked I've Answered Part 2!!!!
Lies
Mimicking
Ask Them
Dreams
"Bon coneur ne peut mentir"
Off To The Cabin (Part 1)
Hints
Icing
Muddy Dark Blue
Drinks and Those 3 Words
Changes
Shadows
Naughty Dreams
Your Father Is...
Filling in Some Blanks
Questions
House Pop Ups
Coward
What are you Going to Do?
Two Wolves
Heated Touch
You asked Again and I've Answered!
Reaching for him Mentally
All hell Breaking Loose
Lighting and Thunder
White Lights and A Wolf?
NOT AN UPDATE
Legacy
Character Questionnaire
!!!!!Untamed!!!!!
Printing Books?

Midnight

26.4K 760 258
By PrettyRandom

“Hey, did you ever get a chance to ask your mom about your birthmark again while you were gone?” asked Ashton as I reached up grabbing a book from the shelf.

Looking down at where my shirt lifted exposing the side of my lower back I saw the piece of my birthmark.

Grabbing my book as he leans up against the wall looking at a book about drums I say, “Yeah.”

“And what did she say?”

“The same as always. That she didn’t know what it was.”

Ashton nodded as he continues to read.

Growing up I didn’t have a birthmark. My brother did, it was an odd circle on his ankle, but me no. It wasn’t until I turned 8 that it appeared and I freaked out and asked my mom where it came from. Of course she didn’t know, but she told me it wasn’t bad to have birthmarks that it just made us more special. Then right after my Uncle passed away it began to darken out of nowhere, forming into the shape of a crescent moon and marks by it.

“Hey mom how did I get my birthmark?” I had asked her one day.

She shrugged and said, “I don’t know honey, one day it wasn’t there and the next it was. Why do you ask about it so much?”

I shrugged because I honestly didn’t know.

Picking up a couple of books I straightened out my shirt as I said, “You ready?”

Standing up straight he puts his book back on the shelf as he says, “Yeah.”

Walking to the line I took in Ashton’s outfit and noticed that he wasn’t dressed like his normal, I’m in a garage band attire.

“You seeing Angel today?” I asked as we waited in line.

“What makes you ask that?” he asks.

“Because you look nice today.” I say.

“I look nice everyday.”

“You look like you been playing a sold out show everyday.”

He smiles and doesn’t respond.

“So you do have a date with Angel, don’t you?” I smiled bumping my hip into him.

He nods, “Yeah I do.”

“Really? That’s like the 3rd one this week! She must really like you and you must really like her because,” leaning to him I take in a breath as I say, “You have on cologne.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“So it’s been like what almost 5 dates? What do you think about her?” I ask.

“I’m not tell you anything.” He says.

“Come on Ash please.”

He shakes his head.

“Nope.”

“Ashton Irwin come on you have to tell me.”

He shakes his head again, “Nope.”

“Ashton Fletcher Irwin! Tell me or I’m not buying you vegemite.”

Ashton smiles and says, “That’s not far you know vegemite is one of my weaknesses.”

“Vegemite is one of many of your weaknesses.” I say, “So spill.”

Ashton takes a deep breath as he says, “Banana, she is amazing. I love her laugh and the way she smiles. She is sweet, smart, and her sass is perfection! She doesn’t take bull shit and I love it. I like the way her eyes lights up when she smiles and,”

“Holy crapsauce!” I yell.

“What?” he asks looking frantically around.

Touching him on his arm I say, “My Asher is falling in love.”

Ashton face turns red as he says, “Shut up.”

“Oh I have to tell Charlotte.” I say.

“No! She would never let me live it down.”

“And you think I would?” I smile as I put my books up on the counter.

“I knew I shouldn’t have told you.” He says as he leans his back against the counter.

Pulling out some cash I went to say, “Oh hush just be happy that,” A warmth crept over me as I stopped mid-sentence.

“Be happy that what?” asked Ashton.

A loud laughter echoed from outside as I turned to the window. Outside sitting across the street was Harry and a guy who I noticed was in our Art class. He laughed and talked with the guy as he strapped a bag down on his bike.

“Anna?” called Ashton.

Handing him my money I say, “Can you get that for me,” not waiting for an answer I said, “Thanks.” As I rushed out the door.

The guy Harry was walking off as Harry had his back to me.

“Harry!” I called.

Not turning to me he says, “What is it Pebbles?”

“Why are you avoiding me?” I asked.

“I’m not avoiding you.” He says not looking at me.

“You have been avoiding me since last week. You come to school and skip Art, yet everyday I see your sketches completed.”

“Keeping tabs me? That’s a very unlikely thing for you to do Pebs.”

“I wanted to talk to you, I told Liam to tell you.”

“He told me.”

“And?”

“And,” he says as he turns around, “I didn’t care, because we have nothing to talk about.”

“And here I was trying to apologize again for my brother being an ass, and yet here you are taking the crown for that yet again.”

Harry smirks, “You said a bad word.”

“And? So what?”

He shrugs, “I didn’t expect you to have such a foul vocabulary, especially since your Ms. Goody Little baby sister.”

“What is wrong with you?”

“Your what’s wrong with me.” He says, “I don’t want your apology.” Throwing his leg over his bike he turns on his bike and kick up the stand.

“Why is it so hard for you to have a normal conversation with someone?” I yelled over his engine.

“I can have normal conversations. I just choose not to.” He says as he winks and speeds off.

Jumping back, I coughed, as I waved my hand back and forth from the smoke.

Turning around I made my way back to the book store where Ashton stood waiting for me.

“Still being an ass?” he asked.

I nodded as he hands me my bag, “Yeah. I swear I don’t know what’s wrong with him. He is just so hot and cold, it’s annoying.”

“It’s because he like you and is trying to hide it.”

I laughed, “Yeah that’s not likely.”

“So you say.” Looking at his watch he says, “I gotta go meet Angel, Lily and Luke.”

“Group date?”

He nods, “Our first, I’m nervous.”

“Don’t be your awesome and if they don’t like it, they’re losing out.”

He smiles, “Advice noted. What are you about to do?”

“Pop some popcorn and read one of these babies.”

“Char at practice?”

“Yeah she has it till 9 and you know she usually passes out right after.”

He nods, “Well if I get done early I’ll swing by with pizza?”

“Sounds good.” I say.

Smiling he hugs me and says, “See you later Banana.”

“See you late Asher.”

Turning he went to his car and I went to mine.

---------------------------- 

Harry POV

“What were you thinking!” yelled Nick.

“Why are we still talking about this? It’s been over a week now, get over it.”

“Not until you answer me, and give a straight answer.”

“I couldn’t let her get hurt.” I said as I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall.

“You could have sent someone else in there or gave them a heads up.”

“I didn’t know it was going too happened, not until after she screamed.”

Nick paces back in forth, “I told you to stay away from her Harry.”

“Just because you’re my ‘guardian’ while we’re here doesn’t mean I have to listen to you.”

“Like hell you don’t! Harry I swore to keep all of you out of trouble and you getting mixed up with this girl is making that hard to do.”

“You’re talking like I’ve been getting mixed up with things involving her since the beginning of school.”

“You have.”

“Name one incident I’ve had with her since school started.”

“Let’s see,” he says as he leans against his desk, “There was the night you got attacked.”

“She didn’t come till after I got away and she was the one who risked her ass to put me in her car.”

“Then there was the incident at the football game.”

“We passed energy, you said it yourself that it is normal to happen when our adrenaline is high and I had just gotten off the field from playing a game.”

Nick waved me off, “Then there’s what happened on Rodeo Drive.”

“Coincidence.”

“Then there’s that fight that happened at the beginning of the school.”

I looked at him, “I didn’t know her than.”

He meets my stare, “That’s not what I heard.”

Standing I walked to him, “Do you have something you want to say? Or are you just going to keep pointing out random times we have ran into each other?”

“Harry what’s going on here isn’t normal, I want you to stay away from her.”

“She hasn’t done anything wrong. And if you want me to apologize for saving her, don’t hold your breath.” I turned to leave when Nick calls out.

“What is it about this girl that is drawing you to her so much?”

I shook my head, “I don’t know.” Walking out the door I closed it behind me as I went downstairs to the basement.

“Racing down at the tracks tonight you coming?” says Liam.

“Yeah I just have to make a stop first.” I say as I walked past him and grabbed a set of keys.

“You need us to ride?” ask Niall.

I shook my head, “No I’ll meet you there.”

Walking back upstairs I headed out the back door and went to my motorcycle. Putting on my helmet I started the ignition and road off. To be honest I didn’t have anywhere to go, I just wanted to clear my head. I road for about a few hours and when I finally felt that my head was clear enough I headed towards the track. But it wasn’t until I pulled my bike to a stop and killed the engine, that I realized where ended up at, wasn’t the place I attended on going.

----------------

Anna POV

“Annabelle.” Calls out my mom.

Looking up from my notebook I looked at her, “No parties while we’re out okay?” says my mom as my dad helps her put on her coat.

I nodded as I looked down at the paper I was writing on.

Suivez votre Coeur and Confiance à votre instinct, repeated over and over on the paper.

“Annabelle are you okay?” ask my mother.

Nodding I looked at my paper as my dad leans over my shoulder, “Confiance à votre instinct? Suivez votre Coeur? Is this for you French class?”

I looked at him. I started to tell him that I don’t even take French, but stopped myself as I said, “Yeah, It’s just a saying that I can’t get out my head.” rubbing my eyes I closed my book as I say, “I’m sorry what were you saying?”

“I was saying, No parties while we’re out tonight.” Repeats my mom.

“Really? Shoot! I guess I better call the zoo and tell them to cancel my elephant order.” I smile as I tossed my notebook on the table and grabbed my book as I pulled my feet onto the couch, tucking them under me as I opened my book, ‘Die For Me’.

My mom shoots me a worried look as I say, “I’m kidding! No parties I swear. Wrong child remember.”

She looks at me again as she says, “Maybe we shouldn’t leave her by herself.”

“She’ll be fine.” says my dad.

“I don’t know, with what happened the other day at the art museum-“ my mom stops as my dad cuts her off.

“That wasn’t her fault.” He starts, “The owner said that the stands weren’t expected completely.”

“They weren’t expected completely? Our daughter could have gotten seriously hurt that night.”

“But I didn’t.” I called out.

“Maybe we shouldn’t go.” I hear her say softly to my dad, “Maybe she still is shaken up.”

“Meredith she’ll be fine, Daniel will be home by 3, I think she’ll survive by herself. Won’t you Anna?”

Nodding my head I say, “Of course dad, I have a date anyways, can’t really cancel on him.”

“A date? With who?” asks my mother.

Holding up my book I say, “Vincent, he’s a revenant.”

My dad laughed, “Well make sure he keeps his hands to himself.”

“Trust me the only hands that are going to be roaming around are mine.”

“Annabelle!” yells my mother.

“What?” I throw up my hands innocently, “I have to turn the page don’t I?” I smile.

Leaning down my dad kisses my cheek as he says, “Stop scaring your mother, call us if you need anything.”

“Will do, have fun and bring me back something.”

“We’re going to an historical museum.”

“I’m pretty sure that they have a gift shop.” I wink.

Gripping his keys dad opens the door as he says, “Lock this will you, and keep the door locked.”

I nod as he smiles, “See you later sweetheart.”

“Have fun!” I called out to them as they walk out I open my book, turned on the stereo and start reading.

-----------

Not even a couple of hours into the book a knock sounded off at the door.

“Who makes house calls at midnight?” I thought as I walked to the door. Pulling back the little curtain, covering the small window on the door I groan as I open the door.

“What do you want? Couldn't take being rude to me at school and in the parking lot, so you decided to make a house call?”

Leaning against my door frame, his dark curls carefully tucked under his beanie. Harry wore a grey loose shirt, a leather jacket and dark jeans as he smiles.

“Well nice to see you too, Pebbles.”

I rolled my eyes, “What do you want?”

Harry looks me up and down, “Lock up and let’s go.”

“And what makes you think that I’m going anywhere with you?” I ask crossing my arms.

“Because I’m asking nicely.”

“That wasn’t you asking, that was you telling me. Two different things.”

Harry leans his arm against the door as he says, “Can you just lock up.”

“Why?”

“Because we,” he points between us two, “My love, have plans.”

“Plans? Since when did I agree to do anything with you?”

“You didn’t,” he says as he turns around and heads back down the stairs.

“Hey wait!” I yelled sliding on my boots, as I grab my keys.

“I shouldn’t even be here.” I heard him mumble to himself as he walks.

“Wait!” I yelled again as I closed the door heading down the steps after him.

“Tell me something Pebbles.” He says with his back still to me, "Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?" he asks as he turns around and looks at me.

“What kind of question is that?”

“One that I want you to answer.”

I started to answer but stop as he holds up his hand and says, "And no, fictional book characters don't count."

Crossing my arms I say, "I wasn't going to say that."

"Sure you weren't." he smiles.

Pushing my hair back I look down and shook my head, "No, I haven't fallen in love yet."

Stepping to me he grabs my chin in-between his index finger and thumb, tilting it up so I could look up at him as he says, "Maybe it's time too." Winking he stepped back as he turned throwing his leg over his Harley.

"You coming Pebs, or are you in for the night?"

I looked back at my house and turned to Harry. Sitting on his motorcycle the light from the moon shined down on him, giving him his own spot light. His green eyes shimmered as the left side of his mouth curved.

"Well?" he asked.

I nod as I pulled my sleeves over my hands. Handing me his helmet I clipped it on as he holds his hand out to me, I took it as I lifted my leg throwing it over the bike. Placing my hands on his hips, he takes my hands and pulled them around his middle as he says, "I don't think you want to go flying off. Even though you can't stand me,"

"I never said I couldn't stand you, I said you irk me."

Harry laughs, "Well even though I ‘irk’ you, you still need to hold on."

Locking my arms around his middle I pressed into his back more as he kicks up his kickstand and starts his motorcycle, the engine roared as he says, "Hold on tight Pebs, it might get bumpy." Before I could even speak the bike took off, flying down the street.

-----------

French in this chapter

Suivez votre Coeur - Follow your heart

Confiance à votre instinct - Trust your Instincts

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...
409K 15.1K 40
Every year for the past hundred years, there has been a masquerade ball that was held where all wolves found their mates, in particular, Alpha Landon...
880K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...
1.2M 61K 53
Before school even begins, 17-year-old Jake Kent is attacked by an enormous gray wolf. He's saved by a mysterious blonde, but things get even more un...