The Wolf In Me

By im-a-sin

One dark night, Lauren is saved by a huge mysterious wolf. What's even more mysterous is that she's seen it's... More

Chapter 1 - Midnight Run
Chapter 2 - Rag Doll
Chapter 3 - Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 4 - Smelling Her Out
Chapter 5 - What's an Alter Ego Anyway ?
Chapter 6 - A Clearer Picture
Chapter 7 - The Need to Sleep
Chapter 9 - Truth and Consequences
Chapter 10 - The Ties That Bind
Chapter 11 - Bad Moon Rising
Chapter 12 - Popping The Clutch
Chapter 13 - On The Hunt
Chapter 14 - What's Going On ?
Chapter 15 - That Was Who ?
Chapter 16 - The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled
Chapter 17 - What Has Been and What Could Be
Chapter 18 - Gathering The Troops
Chapter 19 - Walking The Dog
Chapter 20 - Hit and Free
Chapter 21 - All Kind's of Decisions
Chapter 22 - Things I Have To Do Today
Chapter 23 - In The Thick Of It
Chapter 24 - Hells Bells
Chapter 25 - Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Chapter 26 - When Can The Healing Start?
Chapter 27 - Alana & Rhian
Chapter 28 - Lot's Of Suprises For Everyone
Chapter 29 - Our Life Together

Chapter 8 - Smash and Grab

9K 329 193
By im-a-sin

*No One's POV*

Lauren's eyes suddenly bugged out of their head. "WHAT! You mean that was a vampire? How did you know? You didn't even see him."

Camila touched the side of her nose as she pulled out her phone. "If one of us is about 60 feet of a vampire, we'll smell it."

Lauren looked out onto the dark parking lot to see if the vampire was still there; he wasn't.

"What do they smell like?"

Camila started to dial her phone. "Death"

Lauren was blown away. "Holy fuck. Who are you calling?"

"My mom, I need to report this."

Camila spoke her mom on the phone for a few minutes, describing the exact encounter. Then she handed the phone to Lauren.

"She wants you to describe it. None of us have seen it."

Lauren took the phone. "Hello"

"Hi Lauren are you ok" Asked Camila's mom.

"I'm fine, just a bit freaked out."

"Your very safe in a public restaurant, were going to send some of our people out to look for it. But could you describe it."

Lauren thought for a moment. "Caucasian, Appears to be in mid 20's, about 6 feet, maybe 180 pounds, moderate build, short sandy brown hair. He had a round face with a roman type nose. He was wearing LAPD police uniform with a side arm. Is that enough?"

"Yes, that's a very good description. Thank you. Could you put Camila back on please."

Lauren handed the phone to Camila who spoke to her mom for a few more minutes, then hung up.

"So what was the deal with the uniform? What was he trying to do?" Lauren said as Camila hung up the phone.

Camila took a deep breath. "First she said the safest thing we could do is just sit and eat our dinner. It will probably, hunt somewhere else tonight. But she said it probably picked your car as it was parked near the diner but off on a side street. It was trying to lure you out. The uniform was to put you at ease. You would think you were safe with a cop, so you're guard would be down. Only he wasn't a cop at all. You're car is probably just the way you left it. My mom said, he probably had no idea of the occupants heritage."

"No fucking way."

"My mom says, they are very cunning and clever. They are not above using deception and trickery to lure their victims to their doom. My mom told me a story about one our people destroyed in Chicago about 20 years ago. He had both a Fedex and a UPS Truck in his lair. He also had proper UPS and Fedex uniforms. That's how he got invited into people's houses. But he made the mistake one night of picking a house, which had a family of werewolves living in it. They could smell him before he even knocked on the door."

Lauren laughed. "I'll bet he was surprised."

Camila took a sip of her coffee, "Speaking of werewolf families, did you have any idea?"

Shaking her head. "No, not at all. I barely even remember my dad's mom, she died of cancer when I was 6. I never met any of the other members of her family. My dad doesn't speak of them very often. I don't think he hated them, they just weren't very close."

Camila thought for a moment. "It's just a bit odd that we've never heard of your family. Anti-social werewolves are not unheard of, but their not all that common either."

Lauren took a drink of her coffee. "I don't think I'll say anything to my dad, he probably doesn't know anything, but there is some old trunks and boxes in the basement. I'll look through them and maybe I'll find something."

"Let me know, if you do."

Lauren reached across and took Camila's hand. Thanks for stopping me from saying something to that vampire. I guess that's 2 I owe you."

"You don't owe me anything, I was protecting my mate. I know you would do the same for me. I love you Lauren and I want to do more than just protect you. I want to make you happy."

Lauren smiled. "Maybe it's this bonding but every moment I'm with you, I feel my attachment to you growing. I can't be live I'm saying this now but I love you. I know this is not the most romantic place to say it but I just wanted to say it. I may not be as strong as you or as deadly but I would protect you with my very last ounce of strength."

The girls smiled at each other as the bond between them continued to strengthen. Lauren could feel it building up insider her. It was closeness to Camila that she had never experienced with any other person. She also could feel her craving to have Camila near her. But Lauren sensed it was more than some imbalance. It was a an almost primal urge to mate and Lauren happily let that part of the wolf in her begin to grow.

The girls had a good dinner at the greasy spoon, taking their time to eat it. As promised the apple pie was first rate and they were both very satisfied as they left the diner.

"What if we encounter that thing?" Lauren asked.

Camila pointed down the street. "We prepare a bit just in case. Two stops, the dollar store and the catholic church just a little beyond it."

Lauren shrugged and went along. At the dollar store they got a couple of travel size bottles that you would normally put shampoo in. They then stopped at the church and filled them with Holy water.

"Now were prepared. Four bottles of Holy water, just in case." Camila said. "I was told one thing from an old timer. Try to get it in his eyes. The holy water will burn them and will temporally blind him. Though only for a few minutes."

Lauren took the bottles and tossed them in her glove box, next to a pair of scissors.

"That vamp is probably long gone, let's see if we can find a party." Camila said.

Lauren gave her a curious look. "Are you sure?"

Camila nodded. "Yea, besides, there will be at least 4 or 5 of our people patrolling around her for the next few hours."

Lauren started the car. "Then let's find a party."

They cruised around the campus a bit, trying to find a decent party. They saw one at a frat house, which they decided to avoid.

The eventually saw a bunch of people walking in one direction so they went that way. They found a party alright, but it was in the process of being busted by the cops. Several squad cars were parked outside of a huge house. Some partygoers were being given tickets by a bunch of real cops and a few were being arrested for various offenses.

As they cruised by, Lauren suddenly pulled over across the street.

"What gives Lauren? We aint't going to this party?" Camila said.

Jade pointed to the front lawn of the house. "There's that fucking vampire!"

Camila looked and amongst the real cops was the vampire from earlier. He was with a young blonde girl with a sorority Jacket on and appeared to be leading her away from the party. But he was leading her away from the other squad cars.

"Son of a bitch snuck in and grabbed a girl. The other cops think he's the real deal and he's just arresting yet another drunken partygoer."

"Fuck" Camila hissed. "If he gets away with her, she'll never be seen again."

"We got to do something." Lauren said with a determined look on her face.

Camila gave Lauren a surprised look. "You don't exactly seem the hero type."

Lauren smirked. "I'm the antihero type, but I won't watch some girl being taken to her death. " Lauren said, as she extracted the holy water and scissors from her glove box.

"We can't take him on; we don't even have a wooden stake." Camila said somewhat nervous.

"Cabello look, think of this as a crime. We're not robbing Fort Knox, this is a smash and grab. We run in and hit the vamp hard. Then while he's down, we grab the girl and take off."

Camila smiled and took Lauren's hand. "Let do it."

"I need something from the trunk quick" Lauren said as she hopped out. She returned a few seconds later with a crowbar. Then Camila started the car and discreetly followed the vampire. He had the girl by the arm and was leading her away from the other cops. A moment later he led her into an alley.

They quickly discussed their plan of attack, as they parked just outside the alley. Then, both of their hearts pounding got out of their car.

"You shouldn't need to go wolf, but if things go south go for it." Lauren said, as they walked into the alley.

As they got into the alley they saw the cop and the girl about 25 yards ahead of them.

"Let's hit it" Lauren said as they started to run.

Lauren and Camila quickly sprinted up to the vampire and his intended victim. He was leading her to a squad car parked at the end of the alley.

Luck was with them, as they managed to get up to the pair before either one of them knew they were there. Lauren came up behind the vampire, and with all her might smashed him in the back of the head with a crow bar.

Had it been a normal person, her blow probably would have caved in the back of his skull. Instead it knocked him off balance and briefly stunned him. Camila then ran around him and splashed some holy water right in his eyes.

He immediately let out an unearthly howl and staggered back, unable to see. Lauren then took her crow bar and swiped at the back of his knees, knocking him in his back. A second little bottle of holy water was splashed in his face again. He howled in agony, putting his hands to his face.

Lauren then dropped the crow bar and move to the vampire. Lauren at this point went right for his belt. There she grabbed his pistol, searched is pockets and quickly stuffed everything in her jacket pocket. The girl at this point was standing there, with a rather terrified expression on her face.

Camila took her hand. "He's not a real cop, come with me if you want to live." Before she could even react she yanked the frightened girl back up the alley.

Lauren smirked and saw the prone vampire who was still screaming in pain. She grabbed its groin and squeezed its balls real hard. "You're my bitch now." Lauren said with a mocking and cruel laugh.

It snarled briefly as she released it. A second later as it started to get back up, Lauren struck again.

"Team Jacob forever, asshole" She said as she kicked it in the face. Lauren wasn't a twilight fan at all but since she was part werewolf and was dating one, it was a clever thing to say.

"COME ON!" Camila yelled from up the alley.

On an impulse Lauren quickly ripped the badge off his uniform and shoved it in her pocket. Remembering the pistol, she pulled it out and shot the vampire in the foot. Lauren didn't wait to see if it bothered the vampire or not, as she grabbed her crowbar and ran back up the alley.

Camila had already gotten the girl in the car and started it up.

"I'LL GET YOU BITCH" Lauren heard the furious, but still blind creature yell out behind her.

"IN YOUR DREAMS, FUCKER!" Lauren yelled, as she jumped in the waiting car. A few seconds later, they were driving 70 miles an hour down the street.

Lauren was pumped with adrenaline and excitement. "Holy shit, we did it" She said with an excited laugh.

"Dam right Laur we did" Camila said as she turned a corner.

"Who are you?" Said the terrified young blonde girl in the back seat.

Lauren looked at the girl with a smirk. "She's the good cop and I'm the bad cop. But in any case you're safe. What's your name blondie?

The blonde girl looked half frightened out of her wits. "My...My...My name is Julie."

Camila glanced in her rear view mirror to see if there were any signs of pursuit, which there wasn't. "Well Julie, today is your lucky day. That wasn't a real cop and if you had gone with him, you never would have been seen again."

Julie just gasped.

"Where do you live Blondie? We'll drop you off" Lauren said as she shoved the gun and badge in the glove box.

"I live at the Omega Chi house; it's on 216 Frame Street."

"You're safe now and we'll have you home in a jiff. Just do us a favor and pretend all of this never happened." Camila said.

"Ok" She said timidly.

"So what all happened anyway?" Lauren said.

"Well I was at this big house party with some friends, but the cops bust it. As I'm trying to get out, a cop grabs me by the arm and says I'm under arrest. He leads me out with all the others getting arrested but then takes me away from the other cops. None of the other cops really seemed to pay any attention to him. He said his squad was parked down the alley. He was kind of creepy, his eyes were just strange, almost hyponotic."

A few minutes later, they were pulling in front of the Omega Chi house. Lauren then looked at Julie. "Well Julie, You're home. Just do yourself a favor and pretend this never happened. You'll be much better off that way. "

Julie nodded and got out of the car. "Thank you. I can't ever repay you."

Camila smiled. "Don't worry, were the good guys."

Lauren laughed. "Speak for yourself Cabello."

They watched Julie walk up the lawn and safely get into her sorority house, before driving off.

As they drove, Camila slipped her fingers into Lauren's hand. "I think we make a good team."

"Damn right Cabello. Let's go shopping." Lauren said, as she pulled out a wallet out of her jacket pocket.

Camila looked at Lauren with astonishment. "LAUREN! You stole his wallet? The plan was to rescue the girl, not mug the vampire."

Lauren examined the contents of the wallet. "How about if I say your cut is $275?"

Camila immediately smiled. "Oooh. I can buy that new leather skirt I've been wanting, and get that cute purple top."

Lauren smirked and put her hand on Camila's leg, slowly moving it towards her crotch. "We shop for a bit and then do some serious bonding."

A grin was Camila's only reply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 718 32
Currently Rewriting! The description is the same but the rewritten chapters have a gender neutral reader Living in a world filled with superpowers is...
70.1K 1.9K 17
Camila Cabello was an American Soldier, she worked hard to keep her troops safe. One fateful day the young Soldier loses her best friend Chris Jaureg...
44.8K 961 34
โ๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฅ, ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜'๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜'๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๏ฟฝ...
202K 5K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc