The Banned Mate -(Book 2 of t...

By Soccerstudette

You don't need to read The new werewolf in town because things that were in it are described in this story bu... More

The Banned Mate -(Sequel to The new werewolf in town)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 6

7.2K 213 5
By Soccerstudette

Haley's p.o.v

I kept looking back and forth from Jake to his mom, feeling so many emotions at once. I was angry at how Jake's dad put my mom and her family through so much hell but I was sad because I'm not too sure that my parents will accept my mate. I was slowly backing up, heading towards the forest and away from my mate and his mom. I didn't want to be here at all, I just wanted to wake up and all this would be one big nightmare, but I couldn't. My wolf was feeling all that I was and she wanted out. She felt loyal to her family and pack more than she did to her mate in this instant. She wanted to cry, she wanted to run as fast as she could but she mainly wanted to be in my parents arms and have them telling us that everything will be okay even though she knew it wasn't true.

I could see Jake watching me but he wasn't saying anything. Did he know? Did he know that my parents were the ones that killed his dad? That my parents are the reason his mom lost her mate while she was with their unborn child? If he knew, I would feel totally betrayed. He held this information from me and it was major information that I needed to know. I guess it was a good thing that I had found out now rather than a long time later. I finally got the courage to meet Jake's eyes and I saw how much he regretted not telling me but I just couldn't get over the betrayal. Slowly, I started walking into the woods only to have Jake grab my arm.

"Please, just listen," he said and sounded so heartbroken but so was I.

"No," I said. "You didn't tell me some very important information that concerns my family and yours. What kind of mate does that? I would have never kept that from you." At the mention of him being my mate I heard his mom gasp and cover her mouth in shock. I ripped my arm from Jake's and started running with all I had while I tried to drown out Jake calling after me. Once at my truck the tears started falling. I slammed the door shut and leaned into the steering wheel, letting myself cry. I needed to get this over with before I went home to change for volleyball. From now on, no more thinking about Jake and only concentrating on my schooling and volleyball.

"Honey, what's wrong?" my mom said as I walked into the house.

"Nothing," I told her and ran to my room before she could ask more questions. I then realized that I was still wearing Jake's jacket and threw it on the other side of my room and got ready for volleyball. After changing into some spandex and a muscle shirt I put on more makeup to cover my red face and puffy eyes. By the time I was done with that you couldn't even tell I was crying. After grabbing some water bottles I ran out of the house so my parents wouldn't keep questioning me. The drive to school took less time than I thought and I was thankful for that because I didn't want to think. I saw my brother waiting outside so I threw him the keys and ran to the gym.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Haley!" Brayden yelled and I stopped to face him knowing I wouldn't be able to get out of talking to him. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I said but knew he wasn't convinced.

"You know I won't believe that. You know we can sense what the other is feeling and while I was sitting in last period I suddenly felt sad, angry and betrayed," he said slowly. "So what happened?" I looked away from him because I knew I was going to cry.

"I promise after practice that I will explain it all to you but right now...I just don't want to," I told him and he nodded even though he didn't want to.

"I'll wait until practice is over but when it is...no leaving anything out. I want the whole explanation. Every detail," he said and I nodded then ran into the gym where everyone was waiting. We began running and doing warm up drills and it was helping me keep my mind off things. I was smiling and laughing and just having a good time with my friends that Jake didn't even cross my mind. Maybe forgetting he was my mate would work afterall. The one thing I was dreading was telling Brayden about what happened. I just know he is going to flip out and want to kick Jake's a$$ and I know I don't want that even though he hurt me.

"Now spill," Brayden said as we sat in the parking lot. I stayed quiet but the tears started falling and I just let them while my brother, the closest person in my life, held me.

"Don't get mad. Promise me you won't," I said and he reluctantly nodded. "Jake-"

"I knew he had something to do with it!" he yelled and stood up and started pacing.

"Brayden! Sit down and listen!" I yelled and he looked shocked. I have never yelled at him and meant it. "Just sit so I can explain."

"Fine," he said and I took a deep breath.

"Jake's dad is Marcos," I said and my brother gritted his teeth. "He didn't tell me but I found out when I saw his mom. Jake took me to the woods and I hated it because of what Mom and Dad had told us about that place but when we reached this clearing, I fell in love with it. It was so beautiful. So we kissed and his mom broke us apart then it all went downhill from there. So that's why you were feeling my emotions." I looked at my brother to see how he was going to react but he just sat there staring at the sky.

"Hales, I'm so sorry," he said and hugged me tightly. "I can't imagine what you are going through since I haven't found my mate. So he definitely knew that our parents killed his dad?"

"Yeah," I said and curled up next to him. "My heart hurts, Brayden." I grabbed my chest and started crying into him again, pouring all my feelings out while he just held me and let me cry. After a while we went home and our parents bombarded us, well me, with questions that I didn't want to answer.

"Just leave her alone!" Brayden yelled and our parents went stalk still with shock. "She will talk to you when she wants to." They just watched us walk up the stairs with shocked faces. I was too tired to bother talking to them or even to think about what I was going to tell them.

"Will you lay with me, Bray?" I said and he nodded, getting under the covers with me. He pulled me into his chest and I fell asleep, dreaming of nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake's p.o.v

The look on Haley's face said it all, I broke her heart. I hurt her by not telling her what I knew but I just couldn't. My dad was a cruel bastard for what he did to her family. Even though he was my mom's mate, all the stories she told me about him made me angry that he was my dad. In a way I'm glad he isn't alive, so I wouldn't be pressured to be like him but I wonder if he even knew I was going to be born, that my mother was pregnant with me.

As Haley started to back away I felt my heart break. Just seeing her so hurt, hurt me. I knew my mom was in the woods but I didn't think she would tear my mate off me. That pissed me off because I wanted my mate. She's all I want, all I need. Now that's all ruined and I don't know if this can be fixed. Once Haley started running I tugged on her arm, needing to explain.

"Please, just listen,?" I begged and tried to push my tears away.

"No," she said and I felt my heart start to break. "You didn't tell me some very important information that concerns my family and yours. What kind of mate does that? I would have never kept that from you." I heard my mom gasp, finally realizing who she was to me. When she ripped her arm out of my grasp I could feel my whole heart break, I just lost the one girl that meant a lot to me and that's all because I didn't tell her who my dad is, was. I watched as she ran and tears started falling from my face. I wiped them then looked at my mom who looked shocked still.

"Jake, I-" she started but I didn't want to hear it.

"Don't!" I yelled and saw her jump back. "Just don't. If you hadn't ripped my mate away from me this wouldn't have happened! I was planning on telling her but then you showed up! You know that I would never have brought anyone here unless she was my mate! You knew that. You and I made a promise that only people that meant a lot were to be able to come here." I sat against a boulder near the waterfall and put my head in my hands and cried.

"I didn't know," I heard my mom whisper.

"Yeah? And look what happened because you 'didn't know'! I just lost my mate!" I yelled, while pointing in the direction my beautiful, amazing mate ran.

"You would have lost her either way, Jake," my mom said, standing up to me.

"No. You showed up right when I was going to tell her about what my 'father' had done," I said and she nodded.

"It wouldn't have made a difference. She's hurt! I was too when I found out your father didn't even love me and that he loved another she wolf! Because of what her parents told her it wouldn't have made a difference!"

"Maybe, maybe not! But I needed to tell her by myself instead of her finding out like that," I said the last words in such a heartbroken way that tears were brought to my eyes again and I wasn't stopping them. I felt my pain and her pain mixed together and my wolf was going crazy because he wants me to chase after her.

"Just give it some time," my mom said and sat next to me. "She won't be able to resist you after a while. Sooner or later she will need to talk to you. Just give it time, baby." My mom wiped my eyes and I leaned into her and started crying like a baby but I knew she didn't care. I was her baby boy and I was hurt and all she cared about was comforting me. I know most guys won't act like I am but I don't care. The girl that I'm falling in love with just left and I don't like the feeling of losing someone that means a lot to me.

"It's gonna be okay, baby boy. She will come back to you. I believe she will," she said, stroking my hair. "Either that or one of her family members will...they are crazy people. I remember her grandfather. He was the sweetest man ever. He told me that my mate was nothing and that he would never be a good father. He was the only one that knew I was pregnant. I guess he just had that sense that I was upset and so I told him everything. Still today we keep in touch and now...I'm sure he will understand why you hadn't told her. Her grandfather was the most understanding man I had ever met. Anything I needed he helped me with-"

"That's it, Mom!" I said and jumped up, getting a great idea. "He can help me! Maybe he can say something to Haley to make her come back to me. Mom, can you help me get in contact with him?"

"Of course," she said and we ran to our house. It was near the clearing but in a safer part that was a lot nicer than the woods. We called him instantly and started going over plans to get my mate back. Surprisingly, he was all for helping us and I'm so thankful. I don't know how long I can take not seeing my mate or talking to her. I'm going to owe this man a lot.

__________________________________________________________________________________

- :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 514 7
From the author of The Boundaries Series comes a new tale about love, forgiveness, bloodshed, and choice. Join Ayla, a Southern girl with something...
59.3K 4.5K 8
It's quarter past one, the earliest hours of New Years Day, and Nora Wilton is spending it pacing the expanse of a hospital waiting room as her fathe...
293K 6.3K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...