Strange Ones

By Diamondheart37

Alex and her friends are going to Strange Island, home of the Strange Ones, to spend their summer for a vacat... More

Taking the Train to Strange City
The Perfect Way To Start Our Vacation
All Over The News
Dinner with the President
Leaving the City
Truth or Slap with Strange Ones
Making Our Way to the Delta Base
The Delta Base
The Founders of Delta
Training Day
Delta Number 9
Our First Mission
Battle of the Metal Behemoths
Being Brave
Kids
Companions
Hanging with the Cat Faunus
Trico
The Message
A Night in Hotland
Into Mettaton's Room We Go
The Enemy Found
In the Garden
Strange Island's Most Wanted
Look At This Book!
Attacked in the Library
The Flower
She Ran Away...
Everything About This Place Is Crazy
Reunion
There Are Blades In My Weapon!
More Than A Team
Confronted, Then Captured
Chara, the Girl with the Blade
Locked Up Together
This Is All Your Fault!
Thorax's Plan
The Lady Next Door
Journey to the Dark Ones' Base
Breaking In And Out
When The Battle Begins, We Come Around
Race to Strange City
The Battle Of Strange City
Breaking the Beacon
Finding Mr. President
Showdown with Chrysalis
Can You Hear Me?
The Whole Island Knows Of Delta
Goodbye, Strange Island
A Brand New Life
The Story Continues...

Strange Island

402 8 4
By Diamondheart37

Have you ever wondered what else is out there besides all of the people around you? Have you ever heard of strange beings who live on an isolated island for a very long time? Ones who can teleport, ones who can communicate with animals, ones who can control the elements? If you wondered about all of this, it's about time you know about the Strange Ones. 

These beings have lived for years, living on an isolated island they call their home. They also share some likings like singing and combat. Years ago, they were separated into groups based on their powers or species. The Warriors, the Mimics, the Elementals, the Morphers, the Puppeteers, the Hackers, the Rogues, the Monsters, the Faunus, the Whisperers, the Lifters, the Speedsters, the Telepaths, the Angels, the Stringers, the Telekins, the Gems, the Seekers, the Aeroes, the Inklings, the Blinkers, and the Timers. 

Each of these groups have special powers. A few years later, they were brought together when one of their group members discovered them, and each one made peace with each other, creating Strange Island, which they call home. Each of them created traditions that they shared every year. Years passed, and they discovered intelligent beings called humans and were impressed by their history. So, they decided to wait for a human to come to their home. Years passed, but no human came, but they decided to be patient. But after years of waiting, a group of them came.

~~~~~

It was a bright summer morning, and a cruise ship was slowly moving on the ocean. The ship was on it's way to Strange Island, so a majority of the passengers are Strange Ones. Inside one room, four teenage humans were asleep. Two of them slept on the floor while the other two slept in beds. Suddenly another teenager walked into the room holding an air horn as he looked around the room. With a snicker, he lifted his air horn and pressed the button, which made a loud noise that woke up everyone. They all turned to the person at the door.

"Ren! What did I tell you about waking us up with that air horn of yours?!" Alex shouted. "I mean, thank you for waking us up, but what did I tell you?!"

"Had to wake you up somehow," Ren explained.

"Ren. We are on a cruise ship, not a circus clown hayride." Clarissa scolded, grabbing a hairbrush from her bag and combing her hair with it. "Just look around you. You probably woke up some passengers around us."

"Oh, come on, Clarissa. A majority of them are probably deep sleepers. They probably didn't hear it."

Since summer has begun, the group was thinking of a way to spend their summer. But Ren thought of a perfect way to spend it and chose to stay at Strange Island for the whole summer. He explained everything before they left, and they agreed and hoped that they will have a good time over there. Their families approved it, and they realized that the only way to get there is to ride a cruise ship. They got their tickets, but once they entered the cruise, they found that the ship was inhabited by superhumans, monsters, Faunus, and anthropomorphic animals. They didn't mind at all, but Alex's stepbrother, Jonas, was a little freaked out. The five suddenly heard a knock on their door, and Jonas walked up to the door and answered. It was one of the passengers and one of their neighbors, Velvet Scarlatina, a rabbit Faunus.

"Oh! Good morning, Velvet." Jonas said. "Is everything okay?"

"Um, I just wanted to let you guys know that the sound from Ren's air horn kind of woke up Coco, and now she's really angry." Velvet grabbed her arm. "I tried to calm her down, but..."

"Yeah. Sorry about that." Alex glared at Ren, who shrugged.

"Hey! Just tell Coco that I'm sorry for waking her up and ticking her off." Ren crossed his arms. "Oh! And don't forget to tell Coco not to beat me up like last time."

"Yeah. Okay." Velvet nodded.

Everyone remember that one night when Ren accidentally bumped into Coco and stained her shirt with her food. As a result, Coco got angry and beaten up Ren for that, and Clarissa and her friend, Nona had to calm her down. Jonas had to tell everyone to look away that night while Alex had to patch Ren up.

"Oh, how I've tried to get rid of that moment in my head," Nona said while combing her hair. "I mean, that one night on this cruise was a little bit traumatizing."

"Yeah." Clarissa agreed.

"Guys. Just be glad that Coco didn't rip Ren into shreds." Alex said, tying her blue hair into a ponytail. "Because if he was-"

"Can you please not bring that up?" Jonas replied. "I don't even want to think about. It hurts."

"Okay, I'll try not to bring it up again. Oh, and one more thing. When we get home after summer is over, don't tell anyone about that moment on this cruise."

"Yeah..." The others agreed.

After everyone got ready to get out of their dorm room, they went straight to the food court. Over there, they discussed their trip and how they will run it. Clarissa insisted on taking a tour around the island once they get there, but Jonas says that it will take too much time. So, Clarissa specified her point and said that they need to take a tour around their location, though they didn't know where the ship was going to take them. Ren jumped in when he said that once they get to Strange Island, they will have to find a hotel. Luckily, they saved some money before summer began, so they have enough for shelter.

"Attention all passengers, we'll be arriving soon." The captain of the ship said from above. "Check under your seat to make sure you don't leave behind any of your belongings."

Suddenly, the group replaced the last part with, "Check under your seat to make sure you don't leave behind any grandchildren." As a result, they laughed.

"Never gets old." Jonas laughed.

"Yeah," Clarissa replied.

"Guys! We should take a group picture!" Ren said. "All of us! Just in case either one of us forgets this moment."

"Why?" Alex asked. "Shouldn't we just wait until we get to Strange Island?"

"Yeah. But, please?"

Jonas sighed. "Alright then."

"Good thing I brought the camera just in case a moment like this happens." Nona reached for her bag as she pulled out a camera.

As the group stood up from their table, they made their way out of the food court and started making their way to the outside.

"Alex, you brought our summer scrapbook, right?" Ren asked. "Where we put all of our precious summer memories?"

"Yeah. It's in my bag right now." Alex answered. "But, why did you want me to bring it?"

"Oh, you know. We've done so many things together every summer and put them in our scrapbook where we put all of our precious memories. The pictures we take this summer will be part of our cherished scrapbook. Pictures of us with hotel neighbors, all the activities we did, all of the silliness we had, all of the people we met, all of the-"

"We get it. We'll make so many memories this time now that we are going to a place we've never been to that is full of people we have never met." Clarissa said.

"Well, let's just hope that we will have a really great time over there." Alex grinned.

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

The humans finally went outside as they reached the railing of the boat. But on the other hand, they were having trouble getting everyone in the picture. Meanwhile, two girls about twelve walk past them, but Alex stopped them.

"Um, excuse me," Alex said, getting the girls' attention. "Can any of you girls help us take our picture?"

The girl with the tiara walked up to them and took the camera from Nona. As she aimed the camera at the humans, she took a picture of them and gave the camera back.

"Thanks." Alex got a nod from the girls and saw them walk away. She turned back to the group, who was staring at the picture in the camera. "How's the picture?"

As a response, Clarissa sighed.

"Is something wrong?"

"Alex, we've been photobombed." Nona showed Alex the picture.

With a raised eyebrow, Alex found a young boy about eleven hanging on a fishing wire behind the group. The humans looked up, finding three other young boys laughing at the group, and one of them was holding a fishing rod that the boy in the picture was hanging from.

"Oh. Okay. You guys want to play let's-all-ruin-someone-else's-picture-though-they-are-on-vacation, huh?" Ren glared at the boys with his voice raised. "Two can play at that game! You guys just wait!"

"Okay, settle down," Jonas said.

"Ugh. Those little brats." Alex said with crossed arms.

"Tell me about it." Clarissa agreed.

Two days later after they entered the cruise, four reckless little boys have been messing around with them day by day. They have ruined their pictures and repeatedly pushed Jonas off the ship, and the lifeguards had to get him back onto the boat. They have also snuck into their room and doodled on Ren's face when he was asleep, and would always throw a slice of pie at Clarissa when she isn't looking and push Nona into a pool. As for Alex, they would always put banana peels in her way and she would always slip on them. That is also the reason why Alex calls them brats. The group suddenly heard the ship's loud honk, and they knew exactly what that meant.

"We must be almost to our destination," Nona said while looking up.

"Great. Let's just get our stuff in our room and-" Clarissa was cut off when water fell onto her and wet her clothes. She looked up, only finding the boys next to an empty barrel of water. "Oh my gosh, you reckless morons!"

"Clarissa, just take a deep breath, and let it all go," Alex said, seeing Clarissa take a breath of air. "Better?"

"A little."

"Guys, let's just get back to our room," Jonas said. "And Clarissa, you might want to change before we leave the boat."

"Why, thanks a lot, Captain Obvious." Clarissa sighed.

"Hey. I was only trying to help."

"Whatever."

"Jonas, let's just give Clarissa some space for now." Alex jumped in. "We all had a weird morning."

The group walked back to their room to grab their stuff before the cruise ship was going to reach its destination. As for Clarissa, she had to change into dry clothes after she got wet by the four reckless boys. After getting their belongings out of their room, they went back to the deck, and far away from the ship was their destination. Strange Island. The humans prepared themselves for what is going to happen to them next. Finally, the ship reached the island, and everyone left the cruise, only finding themselves at the train station.

"So, where to now?" Alex asked as Ren pulled out a map of Strange Island from his bag.

"Alright. Right now, we are over here." Ren pointed to the map. "And if we want to find a hotel that fits our budget, we will have to take a train all the way to Strange City. Strange Island's capital. Over there, we will be noticed as the first humans ever to come to Strange Island."

"And soon, either one of us is going to be robbed or will disappear without a trace," Clarissa said.

"Clarissa, relax," Alex replied. "We're on Strange Island. One of the hidden places the world has never heard of."

"Listen. I'm just saying that if any of us gets robbed, kidnapped, or if anything happens to us, I will have to call the police, though I believe that the cops will be nothing but animals doing human things."

"Or if any of those weird dogs in sweaters and wigs will suddenly appear in a line and say, 'Hoi. I'm Temmie' will manage to show up and sell that weird tasting cereal." Jonas said.

"Yeah. What Jonas said." Clarissa crossed her arms.

"But on the bright side, those weird dog things were adorable," Nona replied.

"And, I pretty sure they weren't wearing wigs," Ren added.

"Ren. Their A-Capella group just keeps singing that weird song everywhere they go." Clarissa said with a huff. "And you want to know what happened?"

"That song is stuck in your head, and you can't get it out?" Alex asked.

"Exactly. And one more thing, they speak as they have never even spoken in years."

"Oh, come on. They can't be that bad." Ren replied.

Suddenly, the group heard music coming from far away as they turned around and saw a trail of dogs with blue and yellow sweaters and black hair walk past them with one of them pulling a wagon with an A-Capella group riding the wagon.

"Okay, I'm not going to lie," Nona said. "The A-Capella group freaks me out."

"Yeah. It's like they were staring into all of our souls." Jonas said as a response.

"And, that song is playing in my head again," Clarissa said. "Little weirdos."

"We'll make this trip worth it, guys," Alex said. "I'm sure of it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 225 28
"The Masks of Hatred, Deception and Vengeance. All scattered around Ninjago, only to be accessed by someone with Oni blood." "Oni? Those demons Grand...
56 6 5
Matt wanders back into Alexs's life... injured and babbling. Why is he here? Alex doesn't have time to argue, not with Matt's life on the line. Howev...
3.6K 66 132
Everything was perfect.Blossom and the others have been saving the world, defeating their enemies as always.Blossom can control The Samadhi Fire.As F...
7.3K 229 5
Across the universe there are worlds that possess powers, some are hidden, others rely on them, some are use in machines and others are use for fun...