Crossing Enemy Lines

Od lala_cutiepie273

Saphire and Gabriel have always been at one another's throats since day one. They've argued a lot and the rea... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Science Class
Chapter 3: Tennis Buddies (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 4: Early Awakenings
Chapter 5: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 6: Let's play Pt. 1 (Saphire's POV)
Chapter 6: Let's Play Pt. 2 (Scarlette's POV)
Chapter 7- The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One
Chapter 9- The Morning After
Chapter 10: Alone...With Him (Pic Of Saphire)
Chapter 11- Prep-Rally (Gabriel's POV)(Pic of Gabriel)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt.2 James POV (Pic of James)
Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)
Chapter 14: The Breakthrough (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 15: All by myself... Not!
Chapter 16: Gabriel vs. Drey (Gabriel's POV)

Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)

622 11 6
Od lala_cutiepie273

~*Yet another chapter from yours truly. Sorry that this chapter is mostly dialogue. I was kind of having a writer’s drought. Yep the well that is my brain was running kind of dry. ::WARNING:: There is mild sexual content in this chapter, but not too much. I’m not really like that. Anyways I hope you like it. Enjoy!!*~

Chapter 8 -The Mistake That Almost Happened (James POV)

Two weeks. It has only been two weeks and Fireball has already dictated the room. This has to stop. I don't mind that she cleans the room but she expects me to keep it that way. I’m not a slob or anything, but if I so much leave a sock on the floor for two seconds she will give me hell. Don’t even get me started on her bathroom schedule, it’s ridiculous. I mean seriously who makes a bathroom schedule. "You have to talk to her James," Gabriel said as we played Call of Duty.

"Are you mad or crazy? No one tells Fireball no. Not even Scarlette dared to try," I answered him.

This fact was true. Saphire had this way of getting whatever she wants when she wants. Maybe it's just the looks she gives you. It's this puppy dog look. Telling her no is like slapping a puppy, highly impossible. Her green eyes just gets so big and she pouts and… and… and I’m such a wimp. It shouldn’t be that difficult to tell her no. it should be a simple “N” “O”. somehow I can’t bring myself to do it. She’s just so cute and sweet and again I’m a wimp.

"Dude if you want to try go ahead. Just to let you know it's a suicide mission."

"James are you a man or are you a Muppet?"

"Oh wow, really? But to answer your question: I'm a Muppet of a man."

"I feel you man. I feel you. Wait, why can’t anyone tell her no?"

“Whenever she feels that someone is going to tell her no to something she gives them this puppy dog look that warms your heart and it’s impossible to tell her no.”

“Well you know I have a puppy dog look of my own.”

“Yeah I bet you can’t beat Saphire’s own though.”

Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear. We sat there in silence for a while when Fireball walked in. she just came back from grocery shopping. You could feel the tension in the room. Now she was humming. Usually this means she knows we’ve been talking about her and she’s just waiting for someone to say something. It can also mean that she heard a catchy tune on the radio and now it’s stuck in her head. I hope it’s the latter.

"I'm going to do it James."

"Good luck dude. I'll be praying for you. Wait, what color do you want the casket to be?" he just gave me this weird look and just then Fireball walked over to sit next to me. I wrapped my arm around her neck and kissed her forehead.

"Saphire we need to talk."

"Yeah Gay-briel." Ooh we are not off to a good start.

"Well it's about you staying here."

Just then Fireball gave him "The Look". “What is it? I didn’t do anything bad did I, I’m sorry.”

Then he threw his at her. “No you didn’t do anything wrong it’s just that. *SIGH* don’t bother.”

Now they were just staring at each other with puppy dog looks still on their faces. It is a battle of cuteness. Green eyes versus brown eyes. Girl versus boy. Saphire versus Gabriel. Who will emerge the victor? Oh I can’t take the suspense. When will someone give in? we stay like this for a few more seconds until Saphire pulls out the big guns. If it was even possible her big eyes got bigger; it kind of remind me of those anime characters’ eyes. Finally someone gave in.

"I was wondering if you wanted the single bed because you look uncomfortable on the bottom bunk."

"Nah, I'm good but thanks for asking." I watched as "The Look" disappeared off of Fireball's face. Gabriel sat back down next to me and sighed, "I guess I'm a Muppet of a man too."

You know what, Saphire's my best friend. Why should I be afraid to talk to her? I took a deep breath and said, "Fireball I love you and you know that. And I really don't mind you staying here but you need to tone it down a little. Just a little, please." I sat there waiting for her to attack but nothing came. Then I turned to face her to see the look on her face. She was smiling!!! Not upset, mad or giving me "The Look", but she was smiling.

"Ok Jay-Jay no problem,” she said still smiling.

Now she was lying on my lap looking up at me. "Wait what?"

"I said ok.is something wrong with that."

"So you're not mad or going to stare me down with puppy eyes?"

"Why would I be?"

"Because you're you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well you have a way of getting whatever you want and if someone tries to tell you otherwise you give them this look."

"Jay-Jay you're my best friend I don't want you to be afraid or intimidated by me."

"Fireball everyone is afraid and intimidated by you."

 "Nuh uh. Right Gabriel?" I saw Gabriel tense up a little. "Well umm. You see the thing is. Coming mom!!"

Saphire started to laugh her cute little laugh. I swear that that is the most beautiful sound in the entire world. "Hey Gabriel don't you have a date with Scarlette?" I asked.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot. So what are you guys going to do when I'm gone?"

"Just some things and stuff."

"Wow you are so informative."

"I know right." Gabriel and I continued back and forth. I could hear Fireball laughing at us. Few minutes later he left and it was just me and Fireball.

"So Jay-Jay what do you want to do."

"I don't know you want to get drunk and dance crazily to random music?"

"Sure why not?" We finished two entire bottles of Johnny Walker Double Black in only 10 minutes. Now Saphire was dancing to Tik-Tok by Ke$ha. And I will admit it was turning me on. Maybe it was because I'm drunk because if I remember clearly Saphire couldn’t dance if you gave her dance lessons by Julliard’s professionals.

Couple hours later I saw her walking over to Gabriel's bed. What was going on in her mind? She just threw herself onto his bed and called me over. Should I? Shouldn't I? Eh, what's the worst that can happen? Then I remember you never ask that question. Oh well it’s too late now. I walked over still a little drunk. Fireball had a pout on her face and tears streaming down her face. What was really going on? Why is my Fireball crying?

"What's wrong Fireball?"

"I can't find my thumbs."

“What no? what do you mean you can’t find your thumbs?! Thumbs are the only thing separating us from most animals.”

“I know which is why we must find them.”

“OK you check on that side of the room and I’ll check on this side.”

We spent an entire half an hour searching the room for Fireball’s thumbs. Where could they have possibly gone? What if we don’t find them and Saphire remains thumbless forever? Oh the humanity of it all. I swear I will hurt whoever stole my Fireball’s thumbs. They do not know who they’re messing with. I was getting tired so I went and drink some water. After that my head cleared up a little. Finally my sense returned.

"Babe just unfold your hand."

"What?” I saw her slowly open her hands. “Oh I found it. Yay!!"

I started to laugh. It is so funny to see her drunk. "You're my hero!!" With that she kissed me on the cheek and went behind me to wrap her hands around my neck and her legs around my waist. For a while I just ran around giving her a back ride. Oh my gosh she’s fatter than when we were smaller. Not that I’d ever tell her this to her face but whatever.

"Jay-Jay can I sleep with you tonight."

"Why?"

 "Because there's a monster under my bed. So technically it's under your bed too. So can we sleep on Gabe's bed?"

"Ok Fireball ok."

So we lie down facing each other. Then she came closer to kiss me. She pulled me closer and closer with each passing second. Part of me didn't want to do this, but most of me wanted to enjoy this. I’ve waited for this moment for a while but I can’t do it while she’s drunk. If she is ever going to kiss me with her own will I want her to do it while she’s sober. Before she could kiss me I asked, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." She pressed her head against my chest and started to laugh. She is just so weird when she’s drunk. I really want to know what’s going on in her head.

"What's so funny Fireball?"

 "I have super powers. The magic juice gave it to me."

"Really, what is it?"

"I can shoot fireballs. Cool right?"

"Oh so that's why I call you Fireball. Maybe if I drink more of the magic juice I will figure out my super power." I meant this sarcastically. Right now I don’t think I want to drink anymore. I’ve already seen what it does to Saphire. Then of course she looked up to me with those puppy dog eyes and I gave in. stupid peer pressure, why did you have to exist. I went over to drink some more liquor. It was out of Johnny Walker, so I had some E&J instead. Now I was stone drunk. I put my hands on my hips and said, "I am Rockman!"

"Well Rockman now you must endure the pain of my fireballs."

"Ha-ha in my rock form fire can't affect me!" I took off my shirt to 'power up'. "No not your rock form. Now I have to take on my full fire form." So she took of her shirt. Whoop!! It's a no shirt party!! I pinned her down to Gabriel's bed and watched her struggle to get up. Even if we weren’t drunk she wouldn’t have been able to get up. Maybe the alcohol gave her hope. Eventually she gave up and looked deep in thought.

"Have you given up Fireball?"

"Never!!" Out of the blue she kissed me catching me off guard. Now she had me pinned. "I guess the tables have turned Rockman." I was still shocked that she kissed me so I didn't answer. Ok this is bad; really bad I need to find a way to sober her. Sober myself while I’m at it and it needs to be quick.

"Rockman! Rockman!! Wake up! Why aren't you answering me?" Fireball started to cry. I leaned up to place a finger on her lips. "Shhh. Don't cry Fireball, Rockman's ok. Alright dude?"

She leaned forward to embrace me tightly. "Don't do that to me ever again. You may be my nemesis but you're my best friend too. Wait isn't that weird, we fight each other during the day but at night we're besties."

"Yeah that is weird."

It felt nice to have our skin pressed together like this. She started to kiss me. It was nice, slow, and seductive. This is all wrong I need to stop this and I need to stop this now. "Hey Rockman."

"Yeah Fireball?"

"Tell me exactly what's on your mind. Because right now I'm a genie but you can only get one wish." "Ok, why don’t we go drink some water?"

"Sorry your wish is beyond my power." Lazy butt.

"Ok then what do you want to do."

“Well we could be friends with benefits for a while.” With that she started kissing me again sending trails of kisses down my body. No this must stop. I can’t let her do this. We would wake up in the morning with so much regrets. Obviously not seeing my internal struggle she kneels down on the bed and started to take off her clothes. After watching her for a while and before she could get completely naked I got up and covered her with the sheet.

Then I pinned Fireball down to the bed again and asked, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Then she kissed me yet again and said, "Of course isn’t this what college students do?”

Ok that’s it I have to convince her to either drink some water or let her fall asleep. Then an imaginary light bulb went off in my head. “Yes this is what college students do. You know what else they do? They drink some water and some really strong Nyquil to see who would fall asleep first.”

She seemed to be deep in thought at first, and I am hoping with everything that is in me that she buys this. Finally she said, “Alright man, if that’s what we’re supposed to do then we shall do it.”

I sighed a breath of relief. I cannot believe that she actually bought that. I got off of the bed to go get a glass of water and the bottle of Nyquil. I handed her the glass of water first and she gulped it down fast. “Now quick hand me the Nyquil.” So I did just that. Hopefully it is fast- acting and we can end this chaotic night.

. “So how are you feeling Fireball?”

“My head hurts and I feel woozy. I think I’m getting… sleepy.  Can you come lay down with me?”

I hesitated for a while; I really don’t want to do anything that is going to mess up my relationship with her. What if I do go into bed with her and things get out of hand again? Worse of all, what if I’m not able to stop her or myself next time? I can’t lose her because of that; because of something stupid. Then of course she gave me that look and I gave in. Cautiously I walked toward the bed and slide in behind of her. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulled her close, and kissed her hair.

“Night, night Rockman.”

“Good Night Fireball.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too, now go to sleep beautiful.” Man I’m screwed.

~*~ Again sorry if it’s short and sorry that it’s mostly dialogue. The well is still running dry. Anyways I hope you liked it. Comment your questions, comments, or concerns. Also don’t forget to vote if you did like it. ~*~

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

58.7K 6.5K 34
What happens when everyone sees you the same way, a self absorbed, egotistical, spoilt, arrogant person even though you're not? But then you meet...
36.8K 1.8K 63
Gabriel and Gyan were college sweethearts, and they thought they had found the love of their lives. Then Gabriel got an opportunity in Australia, and...
184K 5.2K 47
He usually prefers his employees to be less...bubbly. Energetic. A little more like him, essentially. But there was something about her the moment sh...
560K 12K 65
{ completed }. ( IN EDITING ) When Gabriella meets the boys for a photoshoot, will their be a cert...