I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 54.

140K 981 101
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

I started to stir awake; I was surrounded by beeping noises and muffled voices outside the room. I lay with my eyes closed for a while, they were still sore from crying, I hadn't intended on falling asleep but I guess crying can really wear you out. I let out a loud yawn assuming I was the only person in the room, I slowly opened my eyes squinting at the bright flashing light next to my bed. I turned my attention to my arm which appeared to be hooked up to a machine, there was a tube attaching to my arm to the machine which was making stupidly loud beeping noises. The rest of the room was in complete darkness, I wasn't aware I had company until something on the other side of the room moved. I instantly shot up and tried to get a closer look at who it was, they were facing away from me so it was impossible to tell, the figure was too small to be my dad and it wasn't my mum, the only other person I thought it could be a was Louis, if it was glad I would be glad he had come back, I was worried he would do something drastic. The person in my room began to wake, I could tell by the fact they were yawning and stretching like I had done only a couple minutes earlier. I sat up completely straight awaiting to see who it was.

"You're awake?" He asked in a groggily morning voice, before I had chance to reply to his question he flicked the light switch on blinding me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked annoyed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why do you think I'm here?"

"Louis told you didn't he?" I replied stubbornly already knowing the answer.

"He's my best friend, what do you expect?" He replied raising his eyebrows at me as he sat back down.

"That still doesn't answer my question as to why you are here?" I asked narrowing my eyes at Harry.

"Well when my best friend rings me crying his eyes out, not knowing what to do, what else would I do?"

"Louis was crying?" I asked calmly.

"I've never seen him so distraught." He admitted, his eyes fidgeting around the room.

"Where is he?" I croaked out, the lump in my throat was prominent as I fought back the tears.

"I took him home so the boys could look after him, I was seriously worried about him."

"You came back?" I questioning, surprised.

"Of course I did." He smiled.

"I don't understand." I admitted confused.

"Do you honestly think after you broke up with me I would instantly forget about you and stop caring about you?"

"You seemed like you did that before I broke up with you." I sighed leaning back onto the bed. He didn't reply, he remained completely still focusing on the door handle.

"What's going on with you and Louis?" He randomly burst out.

"What?" I asked astounded.

"Don't deny it, I see the way you are around each other."

"I can't believe I'm hearing this." I growled.

"Because the truth is hard to face?"

"No, because you're accusing me of something totally whack, he's your best friend and my best friend, what sort of person do you think I am?!" I asked raising my voice.

"You tell me."

"Get out!" I demanded. Harry was about to argue back when a doctor came bustling in, arms stacked with paperwork.

"Morning." He greeted with a half-smile. "I'm Dr Morgan, here to give you your first injection." He beamed, was that really something to be happy about?

"No-one said anything about injections." I replied uneasily.

"Apparently someone's a heavy sleeper, we explained it all to your boyfriend over there last night." He replied. I whipped my head around to look at Harry who simply just shrugged his shoulders, I narrowed my eyes towards him, glaring straight at him.

"He's not my boyfriend." I stated.

"Oh, sorry." The doctor replied flustered. "Well anyway, your cancer hasn't reached the stage where we need to perform chemotherapy, however you'll have to endure several weeks of treatment via injections."

"I guess that's good." I muttered shyly.

"You'll have two injections a day, one in the morning, one at night, simple." He smiled.

"Oh, okay." I replied starting to feel nervous. Even though I had tattoo's I was still scared of needles, I didn't like the fact with injections you can feel the fluid going in and afterwards the area is bruised. "So will I be in hospital for several weeks?"

"Unfortunately, but it's just to make sure everything is done correctly."

"Okay." I sighed.

"Ready?" He asked holding a big ass needle in the air. My eyes widened as I laid eyes on the sharp object, I could feel my hands start to shake as he approached the bed ready to inject into my hand. I closed my eyes tight, I jumped when I felt contact with my hand but there wasn't any pain. I opened my eyes to see the doctor still stood with the needle in his hand. I turned my face to look at my other hand which was now grasped by another. I looked at Harry's face who gave me a reassuring smile. As much as I wanted to rip my hand away from his, it was actually extremely comforting. My thoughts were interrupted by the sharp needled being fed into my arms. I squeezed my eyes shut, my body instantly rolled away from the needle, the doctor managed to carry on injecting me, I was now close to the other side of the bed, I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders calming me down.

"All done." The doctor smiled. "I'll be back to check on you later."

"Thank you." I mumbled as I remained in the same position.

"That wasn't that bad was it?" Harry whispered into my hair, his arm was tight around my shoulder, naturally pulling me closer to him. His hand was still gripping onto mine as I lay there with an aching in my other hand.

"You didn't have a needle in your arm." I replied sarcastically.

"I like that injection." He replied happily.

"What?" I asked completely confused.

"You're not shouting at me." He grinned.

"Yet." I responded. "So I get to spend several weeks in this room, fun." I sighed.

"At least you got a TV."

"Oh the joys of daytime television." I replied sarcastically.

"You can watch all the Jeremy Kyle your heart desires." He smirked, I whacked his chest with my spare hand.

"Maybe we should have gone on that."

"I don't think your relationship was that bad."

"Are you serious?" I asked downright shocked. Before he could answer a nurse carrying a tray of food barged in, she looked like she was in a rush and left in no time dumping the tray on my table. "Hospital food, another thing I could live without."

"What is that?" Harry asked as I pushed the food around the plate with a fork.

"I have no idea, it reminds me of your cooking."

"Hey! I can cook."

"Putting chicken nuggets in the oven isn't cooking, that's heating up prepared food." I smirked.

"Oh sorry Gordon Ramsay." He replied sarcastically. "Now open up." He smirked picking up the fork.

"No." I stubbornly replied like a 2 year old toddler.

"Here comes the aeroplane." He grinned as he guided the forked topped with food around the air. "Now open." He demanded. I reluctantly did as he said. I swallowed the food grimacing at the taste.

"No more." I gulped. "Seriously."

"It can't be that bad." He replied before eating some himself, I watch as he squinted his eyes as he swallowed. "Okay, breakfast is over." He added placing the fork down. "Do you want something from the canteen?"

"You don't have too."

"I'm not letting you eat that crap, Niall's Sunday surprise ice-cream sandwich with extra onion tastes better than that." He smirked. I looked at him confused. "Something the Australians taught him." He added clearing up my confusion.

"Oh." I mumbled.

"I'll be right back." He replied before I could protest he was already out the door and down the corridor.

Harry's POV

"Can I get two blueberry waffles please?" I asked the cashier as she fiddled with the register.

"Sure." She smiled, she did a second glance before whipping her head back up. "Hey aren't you in that singing group, what's it called again..."

"One Direction?" I answered for her.

"No, no not that." She responded.

"Are you sure?" I asked raising my eyebrows at her.

"They were on the X Factor."

"Yeah, that would be One Direction."

"So you're in that group?"

"Sure am." I smiled politely.

"My daughter loves you." She grinned.

"Awesome, tell your daughter I love her too."

"She'll never believe I met you, let alone served you food." She giggled. I didn't know how to respond so I just smiled at her.

"Thanks." I responded as she handed over my food. I turned around and walked straight into someone, almost sending my waffles flying. "Sorry." I quickly spoke.

"Hey."

"Louis?" I asked shocked. "What are you doing here?"

"I saw you walk down here, I came to see you and well, Delilah." He responded looking nervous.

"I need to talk to you too." I admitted. He nodded and walked over to a spare table near a window looking on into rainy London town.

"How's Delilah?"

"Alright, she hasn't killed me yet." I joked. "She had her first injection this morning, that girl does not like needles. I just came down here because the breakfast she was given was a joke, no-one can eat that, it was disgusting."

"So are you getting along?"

"Sort of, the odd sarcastic comment here and there."

"That's good."

"I guess, but I just want to talk to her but every time I want to talk about what happened she goes all into defence mode and she won't listen to anything I have to say."

"You have to find a way to break down her walls."

"I still care about her, every time I see her my stomach fills with gut, and then to see her in here, it just kills me."

"You need to show her you still care about her."

"How?"

"You know everything about her, use that brain of yours." He joked knocking on my skull. "But, and I'm warning you, I swear if you hurt her again I'll have to defriend you on Facebook."

"After feeling what I'm feeling right now, I would never hurt her again, I can't imagine how much pain I caused her, I only wish I had seen this sooner."

"We all do, it would have saved a lot of trouble." He sighed. "So what I'm getting is, you still care about her, but what feelings do you still have?"

"A mixture of feelings, I feel guilt when I see her, I just want it to go away, but when I see her smile I get butterflies in my stomach, it's like school all over again." I admitted. "Man, I feel like such a girl right now." I joked.

"At least you're honest." He grinned. "I feel guilty though too, I don't even know how I'm going to apologise, that's if she'll still want to see me after I screamed at her yesterday."

"She was crying in her sleep, and you know what she was saying?"

"What?"

"Louis, I need my best friend back, over and over again, I was tempted to start a pillow fight with her whilst she slept."

"Did she really?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Well what are we waiting for?" He grinned already skipping down the halls. I couldn't help but laugh at my crazy best friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 421 39
Maighlin Ross is a Junior (year 11) at Wakefield High school in a little town in Michigan. Her school doesn't usually get many exchange students but...
2.8K 157 50
One day. One accident. Four boys. That's all it takes to change her world
652 14 21
Abby and Emily know their school isn't normal. When they're called upon to protect high profile targets, they're thrown into a world of danger.
Bad Girl By Mandy

Fanfiction

8.4K 166 24
Everyone isnt as good as they seem...