Can't Have Me

By _rareleo

Emma Anderson is a typical girl trying to get through life as she works at Starbucks while going to a Univers... More

Can't Have Me - Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 3

4.9K 150 14
By _rareleo

“What happened with you and Jordyn? You’re not talking a lot.” Leigh says glancing at me a couple of times as she drives. I shake my head. “I don’t know.” I say honestly. “I was grinding and dirty dancing with her for the fun of it. The next thing I know is I’m kissing her. I came outside to look for her, but I couldn’t find her car. I don’t understand why she left.”

            She slaps my arm and I hold it. “Ow! What was that for?” I stare at her a little pissed.

            “You idiot. You made out with her and left her there standing. Don’t mess with Jordyn’s feelings. You should know that. You’ve been friends with her longer than I have.”

            I rub my arm slowly. That really hurt. Why would Jordyn care? Besides, I know I just gave her the best kiss she’s ever had in her life. I grin to the thought of that as I’m being cocky about it. I shake the thought away when I realize I’m being a jerk.

            “I swear you’re almost like a guy.” Leigh says shaking her head. “I am not! I don’t mess with girl’s feelings.” I dis-agree entirely.

            “You always mess with girl’s feelings! You made out with your best friend for goodness sake’s, Emma. You make-out with random girls and never get into a relationship. You do it for the fun of it.” She says badgering like my sister does. I roll my eyes and stare out the window.

            “You sound like my sister.”

            “Good! Maybe the more people get onto you about things you’ll listen.” She sighs and pulls into my apartment parking lot.

            “You better call Jordyn or see her.” She says before I get out of her car. I look at her. “I will. I will. See you later.”

            I get out of her car and walk to my apartment. I look back to see Leigh pulling out. I look back at my apartment door and go inside. I listen to Leigh and call Jordyn immediately. I sit down on my couch listening to the phone ring. It reaches her voicemail. Is she ignoring me? I call her back again and right when I’m about to hang up by the 3rd ring, Jordyn answers.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey Jordyn. What happened at the club? You left.”

            She clears her throat. “I realized I had a paper I had to finish. You kind of left so I left to finish my paper.”

            I bite my lip. I feel really bad for leaving her like that.

            “I’m sorry I left you.”

            “Don’t worry about it. I had fun tonight.”

            I smile a little. Wait, was she lying about having to finish a paper? I think back for a moment to see if she had a paper actually due. She always tells me if she has a big paper due. I realize that she doesn’t have one due. I decide to not ask why she lied to me and talk to her.

            “I did too. We should go to a club again.”

            She stays silent for a while. “Jordyn?” I wait for her to answer me.

            “You kissed me.”

            My stomach flutters with butterflies. I swallow hard as I stare at the ground. Why did she have to bring that up?

            “I was caught up in the moment.” I chuckle a little trying to get rid of the awkwardness, only it got worse. “I only kissed you. We’re still best friends.”

            “So I’m another one of the girl’s you’ve made out with? How many does that add to the amount of girl’s you have kissed, Emma?”

            I begin counting and finally I realize that was a sarcastic saying. I stop counting and shake my head. “Well, what can I say?” I say half-heartedly.

            She takes a deep breath. “Okay. I have to go now. I’ll talk to you later.”

            She always says that when she’s upset or mad. I don’t know what’s wrong with her. “Okay. Bye Jordyn.”

            She hangs up without saying ‘bye’ and I set my phone on the coffee table.

            I stare at the floor thinking of reasons she could be so upset. Jordyn can be a serious person at times, but was she upset I left after I made-out with her? Was she upset that I acted like it was nothing? Well, what am I supposed to act like? I’m her best friend. Maybe she likes me? No, that couldn’t be it. Jordyn never showed interest in me. I stand up fast.

            “Oh head rush.” I say as I hold my forehead. Hersey stares at me weirdly and I smile a little.

            I pace around the room. I don’t know what Jordyn’s problem could be. I reach over for my phone quickly and call up Leigh.

            “Hello?” She answers tired.

            “Is Jordyn in love with me?”

            I begin to bite my nail that I barely have. “Um, I don’t know. I thought she was straight.”

            “Yeah me too. But why could Jordyn be so upset about me making-out with her?”

            “Did you call her?” She asks as she yawns.

            I nod my head. “I called her. I knew she was upset. She lied to me about leaving so early, because she said she had a paper to finish. I know she doesn’t have a paper due at all.”

            “Well since she’s straight, you kissed her, your best friend, she found it repulsive, and left.” She says half-heartedly.

            I open my mouth a little. That kind of hurt. Found it repulsive? Jordyn looked like she was enjoying it.

            “Hey now. I have feelings you know.”

            She laughs a little. “Okay, I’m sorry. But that could be the problem.”

            “I don’t like that. I hope I didn’t ruin our friendship.”

            “You and Jordyn have been friends for a long time. There’s no way she’d stop talking to you with a snap of fingers.”

            “Okay, you’re right. I’ll let you go. You sound tired anyways.”

            “I’m very tired. I’m tired from all of that dancing.”

            I laugh to that. “You looked like you were giving all of your effort just to dance.”

            “I was. Anyways, see you later. Goodnight.”

            “Alrighty. Bye.”

            She hangs up and I put my phone down. Maybe Jordyn did find it repulsive. The look in her eyes told me a different story though. I grab my phone and walk into my room getting ready for bed. Whatever her problem is, I’m sure she’ll get better.

            I ended up falling asleep 20 minutes later, but I had my mind set on Jordyn the whole time.

            “Here is your coffee, 2 muffins, and brownie. Have a nice day sir.” I smile at the tall male figure in front of the counter. I hand him his items. He smiles back and leaves. I turn around and look at josh. “I’m almost off of work.” I smile and stick my tongue out at him. I take my apron off slowly and go into the back hanging it up.

            “Hey, Emma.” I feel Josh’s hand touch my arm. I look back at him.

            “Yeah dude?”

            “Are you seeing anyone?”

            I raise my eyebrow at him. I hope he’s not trying to get with me. “No, why?”

            “I kind of want someone to double date with this girl I’m going out with.”

            “Aww you got a girlfriend. Good for you Joshie.” I smile and pat his arm. He rolls his eyes. “Sorry though. I don’t date.”

            “Why not?”

            I shrug my shoulders. “Don’t see a reason.”

            I walk out of the back with Josh. “See you.” I look back at him with a smile and walk out of Starbucks.

            I look at my phone to check to see if anyone has texted or called me. I notice that Jordyn texted me.

            Jordyn: Meet me at my work when you’re off of work, please.

            Why does she want me to meet her there?

            Me: Okay, be there in 10.

            I don’t question the reason she wants me there, so I drive off heading to her work. She works at a business office. It’s actually her dad’s company.

            Once I arrive there I head straight for the elevator and going up onto the floor she works. I smile and wave at people that notice me. Most of them know me from Jordyn’s dad and herself. I go over to her door and knock on it slowly. I keep knocking on it until she opens the door. She looks at me a little agitated and it only makes me smile. I walk in her office closing the door.

            “You wanted to see me?” I say as I stand near her desk. She sits down and crosses her leg over the other.

            “Yeah.” She taps her pencil gently against her desk. “Um, I want you to know that I still think you’re my best friend. I didn’t want anything weird to be between us.”

            I stare at her. “That’s all you wanted to say?”

            She nods her head slowly.

            “You expect me to believe that?”

            “Believe it? Of course. You’ve always been able to trust me.”

            I walk over to her and lean my butt on her desk in front of her. Her eyes widen a little and I cross my arms. “You expect me to believe that’s the only reason you called me here. Also-“ I pause and stare in her eyes. “You expect me to believe that you had a paper due today.” I look to the side. “Hmm, I think I deserve to not believe in what you’re saying to me.” I look back at her.

            She opens her mouth a little. I stare at her delicious lips. We stay quiet for a moment and I lean in slowly towards her lips. She stares at my lips and looks at me.

            She turns her head to the side once I’m about to kiss her lips. I stare at her.

            “Just because you made-out with me last night, doesn’t mean I’m going to be one of your make-out buddy.” She stares at the wall to the side and swallows slowly. I lean in a little closer to her neck and barely breathe on it. She closes her eyes tightly gripping hard on her pen. I trace my lips on her jaw lightly.

            She pushes me away and I hit my butt against her desk. “Stop!” She says loudly. I stare at her in silence.

            “Damn it Emma. You’re such an idiot sometimes.” I notice her eyes are starting to tear up.

            “How?”

            “Because you don’t see what’s in front of you! You’re so oblivious. Somehow your little devious mind thought about kissing me, you went along with the thought, kissed me, and captivated me.”

            My eyes widen slowly. She’s confessing feelings to me?

            “I’m so confused, because you’re not the type of girl to have a relationship-“

            I start to make-out with slowly interrupting her sentence. It feels so good to kiss her again. I roll my tongue over hers and push her hair back. She makes-out with me back not stopping me and I slide my tongue deeper in her mouth. I don’t know what she was going to say, but I’m really enjoying kissing her again.

            I put my hands on the rolling chair arms and push the chair against the wall slowly as I continue to make-out with her. She rubs her hands over my shoulders. She pulls back licking her lips.

            “Don’t…” She says putting her hand on my chest giving a little push.

            “Why would we have to have a relationship? Doesn’t this feel good to you?”

            “Because, I’m not going to make-out with you and possibly go further and us staying friends. Does that not get through your mind of how bad that sounds?”

            I cross my arms and lean on her desk. “You can’t tell me that wasn’t the best kiss you’ve ever had.”

            “Oh my god. Stop being such an ignorant ass! I have feelings unlike you.”

            I stare at her beginning to get pissed off. I have feelings too thank you very much. I shake my head.

            “We’re still best friends. Let’s just act like nothing ever happened.” She says. My heart hurts a little bit when she says that. But why would it hurt? I move away from her desk and she starts filing folders. “Nothing ever happened.” I say as I walk towards the door. I open the door and walk out. I take a deep breath and walk back in her office with a smile on my face. “Hey you wanted to see me?” I chuckle a little shutting the door behind me trying to act like nothing ever happened.

            She rolls her eyes with a tiny smile. I sit down in the chairs in front of her desk and watch her as she works. A couple of times I glance at her cleavage that’s been showing. I don’t know if that’s purposely like that or what, but she’s sexy. I talk to her like her normal best friend again and still act as if nothing ever happened.

            It’s always been easy for me to put on a face and act as if something never happened. So for Jordyn’s request I didn’t want to upset her.

            The only thing that ran through my mind though was: ‘Will we ever kiss again?’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emma sure is mean lol and a bit cocky. Anyways, thank y'all for reading my story =]

Love.Peace.Vote.Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 6.4K 25
Completed. I keep replaying her words over and over. They cut through me life a knife shaking me to my very core. She spoke her truth but, she could...
1 0 10
Emma is a a senior battling her ex that broke her heart, her new boyfriend that wants to love her, and her crazy life. Things get twisted and anger s...
16.2K 546 25
When I first met Emma she hit me like a title wave, I guess that's what happens when you try hitting on a girl and she immediately replies by calling...
91 19 19
⚠️⚠️ The picture isn't mine, made on Picrew and I only edited it ⚠️⚠️ ❗Smut Warning (and a little bit of angst)❗ Emma is a normal lesbian that yo...