Sincerely, Tyler ▸ (Sequel t...

By bxbygirlem

Their story continues. Tyler has returned. Rose is happy once again. She's blossomed and is full of life. ... More

Note
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
End

21

382 19 24
By bxbygirlem

"Hi, Skylar, it's nice to meet you, I'm Josh and this is my girlfriend Ryan," Josh introduced himself to the large man, who grasped his hand tightly, waving towards Ryan.

Rose and I hadn't budged from our seats on the living room couch, unlike Ryan and Josh who made the effort to stand and greet everyone. Instead, she and I said our hellos from where we sat, our hands intertwined and our bodies close.

Mila hadn't greeted anyone, though. The minute she'd walked inside, her flats were taken off and she was on her way to the couch, moving right passed everyone.

"Don't mind her," Vivian apologized to Ryan as Mila roughly brushed shoulders with her. It wasn't hard to see that Ryan was containing her anger, allowing Josh to hold her close in comfort.

Everyone had gotten themselves comfortable on the couch. Josh, Ryan, Rose, and I had sat on the couch facing the other where Mila, Skylar, and Vivian sat.

"Would you guys like something to drink?" I offered my assistance, standing to my feet as I looked to the three of our guests for an answer.

Mila scoffed, her leg folding over the other in a way that said she was better than this place. Skylar rolled his eyes at her inappropriate behaviour and Vivian had actually made the effort to speak up, "A coffee would be nice."

I nodded, checking once again if anyone else had needed anything, "What about you guys?" I asked those who shared a couch with me. Ryan stood to her feet, "I'm in the mood for something, let me come with you."

Ryan was quick to follow me to the kitchen, nudging me to move faster into the open room. As I began tending to Vivian's drink, Ryan elbowed my side, "Be on your best behaviour, Tyler. I'm not reminding you because I have doubts necessarily, I'm reminding you because I want the best outcome from this situation."

I understood, and I let Ryan know that. She continued, "I'm trying to keep my obvious annoyance to a minimum, the amount of self control I have right now is to the roof," She admitted, her hands clasping some cups.

As she poured some juice into the three of them, I spoke up quietly, "I just need to be honest with Mila. If she doesn't bother to understand even after I explain the situation that had gone down before Rose and I's break up, then I guess it is better if she's no longer in our lives."

Ryan raised an eyebrow, "What situation are you talking about?"

My body froze as I'd realized that Ryan hadn't known about Blurryface this entire time, she had been completely oblivious to everything taking place around her. I guess Josh really did keep the word to himself after all, not saying I would've thought otherwise, but Ryan is his girlfriend.

I covered up quickly, "You'll find out really soon, Ryan."

The coffee machine beeped in completion, and I poured the hot beverage into a mug for Vivian, Ryan waiting behind for me to enter into the living room together.

"Here you go," I placed the mug down on a coaster in front of Vivian on the coffee table, smiling to her as she had thanked me politely.

Ryan had poured those drinks for Josh, Rose and I, her hands placing them neatly in arms reach.

"Have you made your decision yet, Rose? I don't have time to waste," Mila scowled from her seat, her arms crossing over one another. Skylar placed a hand on her knee, whispering something inaudible to the rest of us to which Mila rolled her eyes.

"I have, Mila -" Rose started, but I had rudely interfered.

"- Before Rose does tell you, though. I feel like you haven't gotten the opportunity to hear my side of the story, which I would really appreciate for you to listen to," I explained, looking Mila in the eyes sincerely.

"I'm sure it won't change my mind, but go ahead," She shrugged, turning her head upwards.

I sighed, the nerves entering me as I had realized I was about to confess something so personal to people I wasn't even close to. My mind built up the courage, and I spoke up.

"Before I met Rosemary, I had gone through a long battle of depression and anxiety. Fortunately, Josh would help me cope through it. He would come with me to my therapy sessions, remind me to take my medicine, and do the most to even sleep beside me at night because I would tend to have nightmares. But, even with his help, times would still get hard for me and sometimes I had these thoughts...thoughts that no one should ever have. These thoughts were put into my head by a little voice in my mind, and because this voice had been with me for so long, I'd given it a name. Blurryface.

I named him that, because even though this voice resembled me, and was apart of me, I couldn't understand his actual identity, or his true form. He was a blur to me. Through this, I found music to be my escape from him, which led Josh and I to create Twenty One Pilots. I also had this small leather journal that I would write my every thought in. It contains everything from lyrics, to entries, and drawings. I would write about Rose sometimes, when I would see her working at the cafe. Rose accepted me for who I was. She never judged me, tried to make me conform or change myself. She was familiar with my past and took it as it was, just my past.

For almost ten years, nothing had gotten in the way of Rose and I. However, that wasn't until Blurryface came back. I'd started having those thoughts again, those nightmares and those anxiety attacks. So, my mind decided to go against the one thing I cared for the most in this world; Rose. I was battling my inner self so deeply, that I had to break it off with Rose because I was so afraid I would hurt her, or scare her away in the long run. I felt like she didn't deserve me, because that's what he would tell me.

This led me to fall off track. I began to be intrigued with the mischievous side of life. I drank often, got high often, had sex with a girl I barely knew. I stopped writing in that journal, I stopped spending time with Josh and Ryan. I lost myself. Rose has been my shoulder to lean on since day one, which is why I ended up finding my way back to her in the end. I still make mistakes, I understand that. But, I need Rose, I love this girl so deeply. I'm hoping you can understand that by giving her this ultimatum, it won't do any good. It may benefit you if she chooses you, it may benefit me if Rose chooses me, but at the end of the day, whoever she chooses, she'll be left with one part of her missing, and I can guarantee you that, Mila."

Vivian had a hand over her mouth in shock with my story. Ryan's jaw was almost to the floor as she listened to what I had said. My shaking fingers found their way to Rose in order to calm down slightly, as the anxiousness was still within me.

Mila's eyes watered, taking me aback as her finger wiped away at the tears that fell onto her cheeks. She'd gotten up promptly, startling us all, before she stood before me with open arms.

I was on my feet instantly, holding Mila as she cried into my shoulder, rubbing my back gently, "I'm so sorry," She apologized over and over again. Rose approached the both of us, still in shock herself at the situation that was taking place.

Mila sniffled, pulling away from me and bringing Rose into her, "I can't say sorry enough."

"I think this calls for a nice group hug," Vivian suggested, gathering everyone to stand and join in on the embrace.

"I shouldn't have assumed so quickly and then gone about it so harshly. I just really didn't want to see Rose get hurt again. When you hadn't been in her life for that time, she was devastated, so much to the point where I couldn't sleep at night. It's obvious you both care for each other, so I won't be in your way any longer. I'm just hoping you can both accept my apology," Mila spoke sincerely, as everyone pulled away from one another, her eyes looking to ours for approval.

Rose grabbed my hand as we faced one another, "Of course, Mila," And Rose nodded along as well, "You're kind of my bigger sister so I guess I have to," She joked, earning some chuckles before hugging Mila again once more.

"I love you, sis."

***

"Bye everyone," Ryan waved as Skylar, Vivian and Mila had left through the front door after their long visit.

"Take care of my sister, Tyler!" Mila called from the car, a finger pointed at me warningly.

I called back, "Of course, there's no other way around that."

We continued with our farewells until their car was out of sight. Mila, Rose and I came to the conclusion that everything would return to the way it was. Rose would be living with me, we would be together again, and Mila would carry on with her own business.

"Bring it in, buddy," Josh grabbed me in a hug, "I'm glad things worked out in the end." As I thanked him, an angry Ryan had spoken up after slamming the front door.

"Were you guys just going to hide Tyler's depression from me? Without the whole Mila situation would it have ever come into conversation?" Ryan had asked all of a sudden, seeming to get offended. She turned to Josh for an answer, but I stepped in.

"I made sure that the word would never leave Josh's mouth. It's neither he or Rose's fault, they promised me to never speak about it. The word had just never come up with you because I guess the discussion was something I felt more comfortable to talk to Josh or Rose with. Josh and I have known each other since middle school and he already had knowledge about it from previous experiences. Rose is my girlfriend who also knew about my past. I'm sorry if you felt left out, or offended that no one had told you. It's just not necessarily the nicest thing I like to speak about," I explained sympathetically, stepping closer to her in comfort.

She nodded understandingly, "No, I get it. I was just feeling like the black sheep because I really hadn't realized that you'd actually gone through depression, just as Rose and I did. I would've liked to have known sooner just to be able to be that third option if you ever needed it, you know? I'm relatable when it comes to those things," She nudged my hip, playfully, the atmosphere immediately rising.

The day was full of explanation and personal stories it seemed. I was glad that none of us had kept any secrets from one another any longer, though. After today, I feel as though a huge weight was lifted from me and released into an oblivion.

As long as I had Rose, Josh and Ryan safe by my side, I wasn't worrying about anything else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fan to Family. By Liz

General Fiction

11.3K 317 63
Her life seems crummy at its best, and the only thing that brings light is a few people and this one band, Twenty One Pilots. What happens when one d...
248 16 13
Tyler keeps having re-occurring nightmares about Josh, which always seem to involve a horrible incident, but what will come next for the both of them...
104K 3.7K 30
☆彡 "She shines in millions of different colors, and that's what I admire most about her." ⁎⁺˳✧༚ In which a brunette boy witha big heart and a deep se...
Anathema By Em x

Fanfiction

2K 65 31
~.•.~ Try to love me and I'll try to save you ~.•.~ Warning: There are mentions of self-harm, some drug use and alcohol use. If there is a sensitive...