Fairy Tail - The Solar Dragon...

By SonicBlade40

Seven years have passed since the disappearance of Tenrou Island, as well as Sora and Lucas. Everyone thought... More

Chapter 1- Return
Chapter 2 - Revelations
Chapter 3 - I'm What!?
Chapter 4 - The Seven Year Gap
Chapter 5 - Celestial Party!
Chapter 6 - Crime Sorciere
Chapter 7 - Sky Labyrinth
Chapter 8 - Elite Team B
Chapter 9 - Grand Magic Games
Chapter 10 - Chariot
Chapter 11 - Sora vs Bacchus!
Chapter 12 - Bet Our Lives
Chapter 13 - Pandemonium
Chapter 14 - Battle of Sky Maidens!
Chapter 15 - Naval Battle
Chapter 16 - Battle of the Dragon Slayers!
Preview Chapter - The Day of the Dragons
Chapter 17 - King of the Dragons
Chapter 18 - The Eclipse Project
Chapter 20 - Gray vs Rufus
Chapter 21 - Fairy Tail vs Hungry Wolf Knights!
Chapter 22 - The Kingdom until Tomorrow
Chapter 23 - Erza vs Kagura
Chapter 24 - The Doomed Future
Chapter 25 - Roaring Thunder!
Chapter 26 - Gloria
Chapter 27 - The One That Closes The Door
Chapter 28 - Sora vs Rogue
Chapter 29 - Nine Dragons
Chapter 30 - People and Dragons
Chapter 31 - Sin and Sacrifice
Chapter 32 - Fields of Gold
Chapter 33 - The Grand Banquet
Chapter 34 - A Gift
Chapter 35 - A New Adventure
Chapter 36 - Clash at the Sun Village
Chapter 37 - The Law or Regression
Chapter 38 - Gray vs Doriate
Chapter 39 - Song of the Fairies
Chapter 40 - The Nine Demon Gates
Chapter 41 - Sora vs Jackal
Chapter 42 - The Story Demons Read
Chapter 43 - Fairy in Jail
Chapter 44 - Respawn
Chapter 45 - Breach!
Chapter 46 - To let live or kill
Chapter 47 - Imperial Wrath
Chapter 48 - King of the Netherworld
Chapter 49 - Alegria
Chapter 50 - Attack of the Celestials
Chapter 51 - Galaxia Battle
Chapter 52 - Erza vs Minerva
Chapter 53 - Father and Son
Chapter 54 - Juvia vs Ki-su
Chapter 55 - The Final Duels
Chapter 56 - Wings of Hope
Chapter 57- The Absolute Demon
Chapter 58 - Over Ishgar's skies
Chapter 59 - The Book of END
Chapter 60 - Tartaros Arc Epilogue: That Is the Power of Life
Chapter 61 - The Challenger
Chapter 62 - Message of Flames and Light
Chapter 63 - Lamia Scale's Thanksgiving
Chapter 64 - Because we're friends
Chapter 65 - Avatar
Chapter 66 - Black Heart
Chapter 67 - Code Blue
Chapter 68 - Operation Purify
Chapter 69 - The Loving Briar
Chapter 70 - Shout of Victory
Chapter 71 - Memoirs
Chapter 72 - The Seventh Master
Chapter 73 - The Alvarez Empire

Chapter 19 - Fairy Tactician

590 14 4
By SonicBlade40

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. I do not own any of the characters except my own. Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

Special thanks to the reviewers as well as to the readers who Fav/Alert this story. I really appreciate it. So without further ado, Enjoy!

-----------------------

Arena...

"Show your weapons, magic and bonds with your comrades...a survival game where everyone participates...the Grand Magic Games starts now!" The audience roared as fireworks showered the skies, lighting it up with dazzling colors. "The battlefield will be the whole town of Crocus! The members of each guild are already scattered." The teams quickly huddled up to go over their strategies as Chapati continued. "You will run around the city...and when you meet an enemy a fight will start. If your enemy loses consciousness or is unable to fight, your guild automatically gets a point. Also, each guild will decide a leader. The other guilds don't know who the leader is. If you defeat the leader your guild will get 5 points. The max point you can get is basically 45. Anyone has a chance to win. Every team has different strategies. They can either separate or move together."

"Listen. We have to win." Erza spoke, not beating around the bush but went straight to the point. "To save Lucy."

"If Sora and the others manage to get Lucy back..." Juvia responded with a determined expression.

"That would be the best..." Gajeel nodded his head in agreement.

"But we have another reason to win.." Gray said.

"To make up for our guild that lost for 7 years..." Laxus smirked.

"Who will get the top of the glory!? The Games...start now!" Immediately the sound of the gong rang signaling the beginning of the last match- a free for all brawl.

"Let's go!" The Fairy tail mages nodded at one another, giving one last rallying cry.

"The last fight is about to go underway." Chapati commented as the audience cheered.

"As expected most teams separated." Yamaji added.

"Everyone, do your best!" Matoh cheered and clapped.

"Sabertooth has skilled fighters so they obviously separated." Chapati said as the screens showed Sting and Rogue going different ways. "Some fight in pairs. Some in groups of three."

"What's up, Rufus?" Orga asked when the man stopped moving, clearly bothered by something. Although Sting and Rogue parted, some of the members apparently stuck together for the time being.

"They're not moving." was the reply.

"What's this?!" Chapati and the audiences members murmured in confusion as one of the monitor screens zoomed in on one particular group that hadn't left their post yet. "All the members of Fairy tail...are standing still with their eyes closed!"

"What the hell are they doing!?" Makarov fumed as he angrily shook his fist at the monitor.

"What's going on?" Lisanna asked.

"No clue." Cana replied nonchalantly.

"First come first served!" Max yelled.

"Hurry up and get them!" Elfman yelled. Mavis however, watched silently.

"Fairy Tail's weird behavior is curious but...meanwhile someone has already met the enemy!" The announcer directed the crowd's attention to the Lamia Scale duo who nabbed a point followed by Blue Pegasus. "The points are changing! Fairy tail still isn't moving an inch!"

"Hey Erza!" Marco snapped as he tried to get her to focus but she didn't answer, her eyes firmly closed along with the rest of her teammates.

"Go fight the enemy!" Wakaba yelled as well.

"Lamia Scale has defeated the Puppy." Chapati stated as almost all of the members of Quattro Puppy were left on the ground.

"As long as we have Jura no one will win against us!" The old hag, Lamia Scale's guild master, crowed. The Lamia Scale duo eventually ran into Bacchus but he was knocked out immediately by Sting.

"Sting has defeated the leader of Quattro Puppy! 5 points!" Chapati announced as the crowd went wild, gaining confidence back to Sabertooth. "Sabertooth is first in the lead!"

"ARRGH!" Makarov crowed with horror, pulling at his white hair. Before the Lamia Scale duo could make a move they were taken out by Kagura who swiftly destroyed them. Putting away her sword she looked around with a glare.

"They vanished?" She looked around at the empty space with disappointment.

"It's okay, let's avoid Jura and Kagura for now." Minerva told her team mates as she observed the situation. "We'll end up losing members."

"Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel are really doing their best!" Chapati stated with glee. "The numbers are moving so fast it's confusing! But Fairy Tail still doesn't move!"

"What are you doing!? We must save Lucy!" Makarov yelled at them.

"That's why...that's why we must keep calm..." Mavis spoke causing him to look at her in question. "In these 4 days I recorded the enemy's battle skills, magic mental and action patterns...I memorized them all. And based on that I simulated countless fights."

"First, what do you...?" Romeo looked at her in wonder and amazement with Levy.

"I predicted the enemy's victories and movements...this is all my foretelling. I have already told them the strategy." At that moment the Fairy Tail mages opened their eyes simultaneously. "To lead our comrades to victory. That is my fight." Mavis stood up and pointed forth with a gleam in her eyes, "Strategy of the Fairy of the Stars...go!"

"Yeah!" Erza, Gajeel, Laxus, Juvia and Gray yelled and proceeded to execute the plan.

"Fairy Tail is moving." Chapati commentated.

--------------------------

Meanwhile...

"Who are they?" A guard asked. Sora, Nastu, Lexi and Wendy were tied up and brought to the front door and it looks like they were knocked unconscious.

"Invaders." Their captor replied in a gruff voice. "They came here to save the fairy girl."

"People from Fairy Tail!?" Another guard asked. "What do we do?"

"Uhm...Born his majesty and the minister are away. Let's throw them in a cell." The first guard replied.

"Okay." the captor said as he turned to leave. "I'll throw them in right away."

"Hey, the prison is over there." One of the guards gestured with his hand to the right direction.

"Ah, sorry. I was just sent here recently." The new guard apologized and quickly took the two mages in. Once out of sight Sora, Natsu, Wendy and Lexi opened their eyes and gave their captor smiles.

"You're great, Mira!" Wendy whispered as the captor's face changed into the owner's original face and she gave them both a wink.

"You should've came with us when we did that theater mission." Sora said.

-------------------------

"Princess Hisui, I think now is the best chance for us to proceed with the plan." Far up inside the castle another guard spoke calmly to a young woman who was staring out of the window. She had wavy light green hair that reaches down to the middle of her back with two strands that frame her face as well as a set of tufts that obscures the majority of her forehead, with the prominent tuft in the middle reaching down to the top of her nose. She wore a short dress that exposed her back and parts at the sides of the skirt. There were also a fair amount of jewelry attached to her body and attire. When she turned to speak, she had large dark green eyes and long eyelashes.

"Right." She nodded in agreement. "Let's start the Eclipse 2 Project."

--------------------------

Back to the arena...

"Fairy Tail is on the move!" Chapati said as the screens showed the fairies dashing through the streets.

"Everyone spread out!" Mavis ordered. "Move to your next destination!" The other members just looked at her in wonder as she directed the team. "At this point there is a 97% chance that Rufus will make his move."

"I saw it." The man grinned, hand near the brim of his feather hat. "They shouldn't underestimate my ability in finding enemies. I'll take you on all together. Memory Make on a starry night." He unleashed his magic into the air and it disturbed across town like a meteor shower. Apparently he used this attack to annihilate his enemies on the first day of the games.

"Within 2 seconds from the time you see the lights in the sky, it's possible to evade it with an emergency dodge." Mavis said. All around the fairies swerved left and right to dodge the magic, expertly dodging the blast at the last minute.

"I won't fall for the same trick!" Gray said as he flipped to the side, the blast landing behind him.

"This magic uses lightnings as its element. Laxus alone can guard it."

"What?!" Rufus looked shocked as Laxus just used his arm to block, taking it in without batting an eyelash. "How can this be? He blocked it!?"

"Because of this, there is a 68% possibility that Rufus will try to approach us." Mavis warned. "32% that he will wait where he is now...but even if he does that, it won't be a hinderance for our strategy." She quickly analyzed, formulated and executed the plan flawlessly. "At this point, Erza will go north-west to come in contact with the enemy."

"It's as the First said." Erza said as she laid eyes on her first opponent. "Quite a terrific person."

"Geh! Erza!" The woman yelped before getting beaten in one swift motion. Needless to say, she didn't stand a chance against the famous Titania.

"Gajeel will defeat the enemy in the south." Mavis ordered.

"Sorry, guys!" Gajeel smirked as he unleashed a devastating roar at Blue Pegasus, wiping the floor with them. One of the opponents tried to run but Gray took care of him by encapsulating him with his Ice make magic.

"After defeating the enemy that had escaped to the Fountain Square...Gray heads to point B-4." The first guild master of Fairy Tail watched the screens carefully.

"They went to the top again! Fairy Tail!" Chapati looked at the scoreboard as Fairy tail racked up the points. "This is astounding!"

"Yay!"

"The First's strategy is hitting the mark!" The guild members cheered loudly.

"Juvia will provide logistical support by looking for enemies." Mavis said calmly as she strategically moved the team around. "Laxus will move to F-8. Erza to S-5. The emeies are active around there."

"I-I remembered..." Makarov whispered as he watched Mavis. "the First's nickname...she led her team to victory in so many battles thanks to her prodigious ability in making strategies...the Fairy Tactician, Mavis."

"Jura of the Ten Saints has taken out Ichiya, leader of Pegasus and gained 5 points. Chelia has beaten Liselee from Mermaid Heel, taking Lamia Scale to 49 points!" Chapati announced, looking shocked. "It's a three-way tie for first place! What a passionate battle, 3 teams are holding the top position."

"Uhm...so Blue Pegasus has been defeated as well." Yajima said.

"The number of people has decreased quite a bit, kuboh." Mitoh added.

"From here on out, there will be hard battles." Mavis announced.

"What are we going to do about Jura?"

"Have you thought about it?" Two members of the guild asked her.

"I have but I can't decide of a way to handle him." Mavis replied. "That's how powerful that man is."

----------------------------

Inside the palace (dungeon)...

"Lucy...Lucy..." The blonde looked up from where she was lying on the bed at the sound of her name being called.

"Sora!" She got up immediately when she noticed her boyfriend squatting near her cell. "Natsu, Lexi, Wendy and Mira too!"

"Ssshh! Keep it down." Natsu whispered urgently, covering Lucy's mouth with one hand and put a finger against his own, motioning silence.

"Sovvy." Lucy mumbled around the dragon slayer's hand.

"We came too." Lucas announced as Natsu removed her hand.

"Everyone..." Lucy smiled when she saw the Exceeds.

"You slept on those?" Happy asked, gesturing to the beds.

"How did you...?" Yukino was about to asked but Natsu already started to break the metal bars with his flames, creating a hole big enough for them to get out.

"I brought a change of clothes." Mira said as she produced two boxes. "There's also one for Yukino as well."

"Thanks everyone." Lucy said and hurried to put on her clothes, putting up a make-shift drape.

"I'm okay with the clothes I'm wearing." Yukino replied curtly.

"No peeking at Lucy, Sora." Lexi and Mira teased him.

"I wasn't going to!" Sora yelled comically with a blush.

"Now how to escape..." Carla frowned as she looked around for any suggestions.

"If possible it would be nice to get out without being seen." Lily said.

"Wait, they've still got my keys!" Lucy's voice floated from behind her make-shift drape. "I have to find them." Suddenly the floor opened up to their surprise and they all started falling.

Sora turned to his chibi self and tried to fly by flapping his arms to no avail. "Damn it was worth a shot!"

"The floor...!" Natsu yelled.

"What the hell!? I haven't finished changing yet!" Lucy cried out

It was quite a long ways down but when they finally landed Sora ended up on the bottom so everyone else fell on top of him and he groaned loudly for them to hear his discomfort.

"Ok...if you're not dead, say 'Aye'. " Sora managed to say.

There were a few groans before everyone said "Aye."

"Ouch!" Lucy groaned, sitting up and rubbing her head.

"Where are we?" Lexi wiggled out from under the pile of bodies and looked around before helping her friends to their feet.

"Welcome to Hell Palace."A voice spoke, grabbing their attention.

"Who's there?" Kiki asked, looking around for the source of the mysterious voice.

"You fell in the trap perfectly."

"Eh? Trap!?" Carla gasped.

"Look around you." The voice said and they did, noticing the bones of others before them lying in shambles on the ground. "This is the city of death, Hell Palace. The last bit of freedom allowed to criminals. However, no one ever got out of here." Suddenly a large cloud like substance appeared, showing the young maiden with green hair. "You can rot there. Thieves."

"Who the hell are you!?" Natsu growled. 

"And why is she calling us thieves?" Sora asked. "We have rights!"

"That is the princess of this castle." Yukino answered, her eyebrows furrowed. "Princess Hisui E. Fiore."

"A princess!?" Mira exclaimed.

"Creepy..." Lucy muttered.

"Never mind that! Where's the damn exit!?" Lexi looked around but they fell so far down there was no way they could climb back up.

"I see none here." Lily replied as he ran around to check the corners.

"What should we do?" Wendy asked.

"Princess that was marvelous work." The guards praised Hisui as she stared into her mirror in her bedroom. "Way to take charge in the absence of his majesty!"

------------------------

Back to the arena...

"Breath-taking fights continue in the Grand Magic Games. And I'm sure from now on they'll become even more hot blooded." Chapati continued to commentate.

"The First told me that if I came here I could meet you." Gray spoke as he walked up the stairs to see his opponent sitting gallantly on a throne.

"Well well." Rufus spoke as he held a book in his hand. Behind him were shelves filled with books and were available at his disposal. "My memories...were about to forget you. Will you help me remember?"

"You don't have to remember." Gray stated coldly, memories of the first day's humiliated defeat at Sabertooth's hand raged in his blood. "Because this will be your end."

That's it for this chapter! The fight between Gray and Rufus will take place in the next chapter as well as the Rescue Team's journey through the Hell Palace. Look forward to it. Comment on your favorite parts and don't forget to vote!

Be sure to review. Until then, see ya!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4K 30
December X784, During the S-Class Trial Exam, Tenroujima was obliterated by the Dragon King Acnologia. Lucy Heartfilia survived the attack with the h...
14.5K 189 28
7 years at Tenrou island 7 years of change to the Fairy Tail guild 7 years of grief, sorrow, crying 7 years without his best friend 7 years without...
95.7K 1.9K 68
When his village is destroyed and he's left all alone, young Sora Lionheart assumes his life has no meaning. But when he is found and raised by Pydro...
20.2K 589 26
"You already involved me when you almost killed Gramps! Zeref, why did you kill Makarov? Let go of me!" You demanded only to see that sinister grin...