Alternate Reality: Life in a...

By nimmie10

After receiving a letter to attend Chicago High school, life for Beatrice Prior has taken a 180. Instead of... More

Alternate Reality: Life in a High School (Divergent Fanfic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.5
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Part Two Notice
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Just an Update
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Just an Update
Chapter 43

Chapter 14

5.8K 116 26
By nimmie10

The sound of a squeaky door forces me to come into consciousness. As soon, as my brain starts to run through the events of last night, a sharp pain rushes through my head. I keep my eyes closed and bring my hands to my face. 

"Oh sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Tobias says. Just the sound of his voice causes another wave of pain to wash over me. 

"Shh. My head." I mumble. My mouth was closed while I tried to say that, so I am pretty sure it sounded like nothing. 

"Tris, I am so sorry, but that made no sense." He says again. 

I open my mouth and try again."My head." 

"Ohh. Sorry." He whispers. "Just go back to sleep and when you wake up, it will feel better."

I open my right eye just a little bit so I can figure out where I am. The room is completely dark, and I can't make out anything. I just feel so weird, like this isn't real. Like I am in a dream, and any minute now I will wake up in a hospital or something. "Where am I? What about school?"

"Don't worry. School doesn't start for another six hours and don't worry about where you are." Tobias whispers. I can't miss school, because it would be a little hard to hide what happened if I miss school. I can't be at home. My parents are probably really worried right now.

I let out a long sigh and try to clear my head. After my head is cleared, I let my mind drift off into darkness once again.

-----Page Break-----

"Tris I hate to wake you up, but school starts in two hours." Tobias shakes my shoulder. I wait for the great wave of pain to come, but it never does. All that is comes is a slight throbbing in my head.

I open my eyes and look around the room. The only light is the moonlight coming in through the window. "Wait two hours? Why do we need two hours?" I ask Tobias. I think it is time he explained what was going on.

"We are at Zeke's house, so it will take a bit to drive down to school. Last night, I called Zeke and he drove your car here, and I drove you in Zeke's car. We couldn't go back to my house because of my father. The only place I could think of is here. I used your phone to text your parents. I told them that there was a project and you were going to go to Christina's." He explains.

"You really thought that through." I tell Tobias.

"I texted your parents really late to tell them that you thought it was too late to drive home, so you were going to stay at Christina's." Tobias adds.  

I try to pull my self into a sitting position, and that is when I feel the pain in my ribs. "Ow." I mange to get out. 

"Oh yeah, you probably broke your ribs again." I see Tobias come sit next to me on the bed. He helps me sit up. "When they punched your cheek, I think you bit the inside of your mouth." 

"I guess I will be a little sore for a while." I let out a laugh, but the laughing hurts my rib cage. I stop laughing immediately and grab my rib cage. 

"Your going to have to be careful. I'll cancel boxing today. It would be better for everyone." Tobias says. "Plus I bet Peter could use it." 

The sound of his name brings back every little detail of last night. It is like a slap to the face. "Who else was there besides Peter?" 

"Drew and that quiet kid Al. He never stuck me as the kind of person to hang around Peter. Drew I could believe it. I don't know, I guess people change." Tobias says. I can hear the sad tone leak into his words. 

I never knew who Al was. I knew of Drew, but I wonder who Al is. "I havn't even heard of Al." I tell him. 

"I don't know him that well." Tobias replies. "Him and Drew ran away before I could catch them." I look up at Tobias's face and see that his eyes are reflecting the moonlight. His expression looks really troubled. 

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask him. I don't know why he is upset and I really want to know. 

"I was going to warn you.." He pauses and looks at me. "To warn you about how you needed to be careful. I was going to warn you that Peter was probably going to hurt you again. It is not the first time he has hated someone. The last person he didn't  like moved to the other side of the country." 

"Well that's encouraging." I say with a hint of sarcasm. 

"I had to talk to Eric for just a few minutes. I wanted to see if I could get some information about the illegal boxing rings. I was only there for ten minutes. I didn't even find out anything. I really don't know why out of all places, I told you to wait outside." He pauses again and looks down. 

I can tell that he blames himself for what happened to me. "It's not your fault Tobias." 

"Tris I was only there ten minutes. I came outside and to talk to you and they...." He looks back up at me. 

"It's okay. I'm safe now." I reassure him. I really want to know who was the one touching my stomach, but I don't think now is the best time to ask. "Don't blame yourself." I know that it is no use, because I can still see the guilt on his face. 

"If only I would have....." I cut him off by putting my hand on his face. 

"You were there and you made sure I was ok." I whisper. I lean in and rest my forehead on his. 

"Tris, you are just something." He smiles, and for a second I can see the guilt leave his face. He shouldn't be guilty anyway. 

I give him a smile back. Tobias lifts up his hand and he rests it on cheek that isn't injured. I can feel my heart start to race. The gap between us starts to close and suddenly my lips are on his. 

It is a soft gentle kiss, almost as if we kiss all the time. The kind of kiss that is passionate even though it is simple. This has never happened to me before. 

We pull apart at the same time, almost as if it was planned that way. "I'd sit here all day if it were with you. Unfortunately we have to get to school." Tobias whispers. 

I smile at him. "Do we have to go to school?" 

"Yeah. We can't have people getting suspicious about the fight last night." Tobias explains. He walks over to me and helps me get out of bed. "Zeke gave you the guest room with the bathroom in it." Tobias points to the door to my left. 

"How many bedrooms does his house have?" I say out loud. I was thinking it, but I didn't want to say it. 

"I don't know to be honest." Tobias laughs. "Oh, and I found some clothes laying around. I put them in the bathroom." 

I give him a nod, and walk into the bathroom. I have to wait a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the bright lights. Then I look at myself on the mirror. 

There is a giant bruise forming on my cheek. It isn't as bad as last time though. I pull off my shirt that is covered in blood only to see my  rib cage is dotted in bruises once again. 

I sigh and pick up the clothes that were put in here for me. It is just a black t-shirt and a pair of sweats. Tobias knows me well. 

I walk out and see Tobias sitting on the bed. He stands up as soon as he sees me. "Let's go." He smiles. He walks over and raps his arm around my shoulder. 

Tobias guides me through Zeke's huge home. It is probably better that he was there, because I was going to get lost in this house.  I still don't get how he doesn't manage to get lost.

When we get outside, Zeke and Uriah are waiting by my car. Zeke smiles when he sees Tobias's arm around my shoulder. "Are you to finally a thing?" 

"Uhhhhh" I start to say. I'm not sure if it is official or not. 

"Yeah you could say that." Tobias mutters. Uriah pulls something out of his pocket and gives it to Zeke. 

"I told you Uriah!" Zeke shouts after he takes the money from Uriah. I wonder who else bet on when we would get together. 

"So who is driving Tris's car?" Uriah asks us. 

"Um no. That is not happening." I tell them all. Everyone is always hungry to get behind the wheel of my car. "Tris will be driving Tris's car. Tobias can ride with me since his car is at school. Zeke and Uriah, you have cars, use them." I get glares from Zeke and Uriah as they walk over to where their cars are parked. I only let Tobias ride with me because he left his car at school. 

"Can I at least drive?" Tobias asks me with pleading eyes. 

"Nobody drives my car but me. Don't you have a nice car anyway?" I tell him. Zeke and Uriah could have nice cars. They obviously have some extra money, but the choose to drive average cars. I don't even know what kind of car Tobias drives. 

"I have an okay car." Tobias tells me. "I have a pick up truck." 

"Your not driving." I smile. I really don't like it when other people want to drive my car. 

"Darn." Tobias gets in the passenger side. When I get into the driver's side he leans over. "I'll get you to let me drive it eventually." 

"Ok, Whatever you say." I laugh as I start my car and drive out of Zeke's huge driveway. 

"Oh, It will happen Tris. You know it." He taunts me. 

"Alright." I say after a while of going back and forth with him about it. 

We spend the rest of the ride to school talking about random topics that had no relation to anything. It was nice to step out of reality for a bit. I know that when we get back to school, reality will come smashing into me. I wonder if Peter will be there today. If he tries anything with me today, I don't know if I will be able to stay calm. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure about this chapter. I had a hard time conveying what was in my head. 

I'll probably go back and edit this. I just wanted to get an update out there, because I said I would. 

Anyway, yay FourTris!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 11.5K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
22.8M 800K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" โฆ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.2M 57.1K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...