AmusE (COMPLETED)

KatouMiwa द्वारा

My life had been completely and utterly normal up until a strange chain of events. This dramatic turn in my l... अधिक

Unit 1: Encounter
Unit 2: Information
Unit 3: Home
Unit 5: Guilds and Relations
Unit 6: Lessons Learned
Unit 7: Search
Unit 8: The Gone and the Missing
Unit 9: Reunions
Unit 10: Guilt and Forgiveness
Unit 11: Pasts and Adolescence
Unit 12: Unnecessary Violence
Unit 13: Syllys
Unit 14: The Pack
Unit 15: Camp
Unit 16: Memoirs of a Boy With Amnesia
Unit 17: Friends and Crutches
Unit 18: Voices and Unawareness
Unit 19: Obsurum Paciscor
Unit 20: Possessive
Unit 21: Frenemies
Unit 22: To Be Confused
Unit 23: Deal Making
Unit 24: Planning
Unit 25: Final (Last Chapter)

Unit 4: Annoyances

101 17 8
KatouMiwa द्वारा

Bee-beep, beep. Bee-beep, beep.

I slammed my hand against the nearly broken alarm clock.

Today. Today I have to find her. If not, then I'll practically be prancing down the path to hell.

I stood up. I don't want to go to school anymore. I'm going to die both ways. If I turn her in, she'll kill me. If I don't, her father will kill me. What if 'I can't find her' or 'she won't listen'?

Heck, let's burn that tree after we climb it... or something like that.

I threw on a plain, grey short-sleeve and my usual black pants and white sweatshirt. I kept neon green and black headphones on my head and listened to My Chemical Romance. I did some sort of dance-walk to the kitchen. Pulling out a granola bar, I ate it while putting on my socks, black and white sneakers, fingerless gloves, and bag.

I walked outside, now pumping to Fall Out Boy. I traced the white squares on my bag that make it look like a checkerboard that's falling apart. After I regained sight of what I was doing, I unlocked my bicycle from a rack and started off on my way to school.

I passed by pedestrians, trees, and the office building that we defeated the gostik on. Rolling down the hill, my eyes wandered off until something caught my attention. On the other side of the street, Rogue rode down the hill on a skateboard.

Turning her head, she saw me and switched her direction and into an alley.

What the heck, right? Is there always an alley for people to hide in?

I found myself pulling the brakes as the back of my bike screeched and turned me sideways. I went straight across the road and into the narrow walkway with turns and twists formed by the walls.

Above me, I heard a clink and I looked up.

Crash.

Rogue landed on top of me, but with the way she looked coming down, I think she meant for that to happen.

"Get off of me!!"

She pulled me up by my head, and put a hand over my mouth. "Shut up for a second."

"But I fell onto my bike! Do you have any idea how much it hurts?!"

"I said SHUT UP!" Her tone was etched with anger, impatience, and an urgency. "Don't turn me in, got it? That man is not my father. I've been hunted for years, and they're not gonna catch me now, okay?"

I nodded.

She released me and turned to kick the brick wall. Her skateboard fell off the roof and landed in her hands. "Stay a good distance away from me unless I come to you myself. They might be following you." She threw the board on the ground and skated away.

'They'?

There was only one man. Unless she's got a whole search party after her...

Is she wanted? Did she run away? Who would want someone like her?

I grabbed onto my stomach. The part that landed on the bike's handles. Who? Who would want someone like her?!

I'm getting a bruise now. Geez.

Picking up my bicycle, I mounted it, and attempted to ride it to school without curling up in pain. Once I got to school, I linked my bike to the rack.

"Hi."

I looked up. A girl. About five and a half feet tall, light blonde hair, and blue eyes. She wore a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled-up, a black bow tied at the collar, a black flared skirt, and loose heeled boots. Her backpack was small and shaped as a bear. It even had ears sticking out of the top. Her pale shin was dotted all over with freckles.

"Um... Hello?" I said while pulling down my headphones, "Do you need anything?"

She smiled, "No."

What? I think in my head, Why are you here then?

My easily triggered impatience started building up. "Do I know you? Do you want to talk? Are you lost?"

"No."

WHAT THE HELL?! #$% &@*¢# %&;@ #$&%;********?!?!

I heard my anger starting to clog up my throat. "I-I-I'm sorry, but w-what do you want," I asked. Why are you bothering me, I thought.

Suddenly, she turned and walked away.

I blurted out quiet word-diarhhea and stomped all over the bike section as I searched for a table to flip.

Is everyone out to get me today?!

"Yo. What's up, ACE?"

I looked up at Krone. My rage face was still on high.

"Whoa... You out to kill someone?" Sannel chuckled on the side.

I rested my head on his shoulder. "Almost, man. Almost."

They walked me to class, afraid that I was going to attack a person. Once we went inside, they cautiously set me on my chair as if I were a priceless vase and walked away. I put my headphones and iPod into my backpack as the late bell rang and everyone took their seats.

Mr. Valeric kind of penguin-waddled into our class. "I-it seems we have another student who will be joining us. Um... Come on in."

The girl walked in. The one from the bike racks.

I felt the icy blue eyes of hers resting on me. Her long, straight hair (oddly) reminded me of the inside of a potato. The color seemed to match perfectly, and I'm sitting here, right infront of her, chuckling at the thought of spreading mashed potatoes all over her head, but not being able to tell the difference.

I heard a 'thud' behind me.

I turned my head along with everyone else.

Rogue sat in the middle of the aisle, clearly surprised. Her legs were crookedly bent infront of her. One hand was on the floor and was propping the rest of her body upwards as the other one hopelessly grasped onto her desk.

Her eyes were fixed on the girl. Stunned. Shocked.

She shakily sat back up on her desk, and everyone's attention was brought back to the girl.

The girl curtsied, "I'm Zoelle Trance Ghrey. I was born on April fourth. I like using military time, and I love cute things! If you really get to know me, you'll find that I'm not exactly the way I seem. I hope we can all get along!"

It might have just been me, but it seemed as if she slowly closed her eyes, rose up her head, and smirked. An evil smirk towards Rogue.

Clearing her throat, she took her time to cross the room and take her seat.

Rogue used telepathy, 'Amus... don't trust her. Don't talk to her. Don't even look. She'll only be encouraged.'

'Encouraged? Encouraged for what?'

'Don't...just...just don't.  Although it'd be pretty useless trying to hide from Cartis now...'

'Cartis?'

'The man that went over to your house.'

'O...okay...?'

'There's no need to ignore me, I guess.'

'Alright.'

I turned around and nodded at her.  She winked back.

During passing period, Rogue came up to me as we walked to the next class.

"I've known her since I was little," she said. "We used to be close... rivals. She thought I didn't deserve to be a Morphix. That's only 'cause we competed in everything." She looked down in deep thought.

I pat her head. "Don't sweat it."

She smiled as we walked into the classroom.

English then science. I partnered up with Krone and to dissect a frog. Before lunch, I went into the bathroom with Sannel and Krone to wash our hands.  When I was finished, Sannel thrashed at me in words.  Again, it was about Rogue and how I entered class with her, but didn't talk about him.

We went into the cafeteria and saw Rogue and Zoelle.  They stood at the center of the cafeteria, glaring at each other. Just...there. Face to face. Staring.

A boy with black hair and caramel-orange eyes came over and pulled Zoelle away. I'm guessing he's her match.

I sat at my usual table with my two friends.  We silently spoke of what we think happened.

As if on cue, Rogue sat down next to me. "We simply saw each other and held the glare."

Sannel chimed in and started fixing his hair, "Rogue?! Well, hello there!"

"...Hi."

Krone scoffed at Sannel and scratched the back of his blonde head. "So why did you guys hold the glare?"

Rogue shrugged. "Life-long enemies."

"You know each other? How?"

"When we were little, my girl scout troop and her's were naturally rivals."

I listened to her tell a story of lies very realistically.  She seemed like a professional.

After lunch, she flung her canvas bag over her shoulder and walked to class as I was pulled back by Sannel. Of course.

"See, dude? I was right! She came to us for a friend! Yes!"

Geez, now he's talking about his future again. From my peripheral vision, I could see Krone making an escape.  As Sannel tilted his head back in happiness, we made a run for it.

__________________________________________

When we walked out of the locker room and to PE, our teacher made us grab a popsicle stick with people's names on them to pick out a tennis partner, and, yes, our school has enough money to have tennis courts.

I picked one out. 'Lite'?

"Mr. Whiel, there's no one in our class by the name of 'Lite'."

"Yes, there is," said a voice behind me.

When I turned, I saw the boy from lunch that pulled Zoelle away from Rogue.

"Oh, yes!" Mr. Whiel clasped his hands together. "This is Lite. He is a new student." I looked at his expressionless face. His hair moved with the slight breeze.  His orange eyes cast a dark gaze. "Please make him feel at home."

We got ready to practice rallying the ball. I'm pretty good at physical ed, so I felt like showing off. I served.

He swung the racquet around like a baton and hit it with a lazy-looking swing. It seemed loose, but the hit was hard and fast.

I ran to the far side of the court and hit it with a back-hand swing. He hit it back. Again, with laziness.

Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth.

Finally, he ran towards it, tumbled on the ground, and got up on one knee to hit it. Hard. I tried swinging at it, but I missed.

He stood, flicked hair away from his face, spun the racquet in the air, reached up, and caught it. Show off.

I mean, I know that I planned on showing off at first, but it went off into a different direction.

I bent over, panting, and looked around. Everyone stared at us. The girls squealed and the guys were chatting amongst themselves.

Lite looked up. "I win."

I look him in the eye. Are you kidding me? "It was a rally. There is no winning or losing. It's practice."

"But I still win."

Really? Really now? "Umm... okay, then?"

We went to change, and when I got out of the locker rooms, Rogue ran towards me.

She held onto my hand and shouted excitedly, "We have to go! Like, right now!"

"What? School's still going on."

"I know! I got us to be excused! Let's go!"

She pulled my wrist and ran outside. We went towards the parking lot.

"Where are we going?!"

"I'm looking for..." She looked from side to side, "Emboli!" She sprinted off to the far end of the lot as I made my way to her. "Thank the heavens!" she exclaimed.

I muttered, "Emboli?"

I saw her standing next to a motorcycle.

"Okay! Now, let's go!"

"Where?" I asked again.

"Shh...it's a secret for now!" She handed me a helmet. "Get on!"

We climbed onto the motorcycle as she started it.

"Is this even yours?"

"Nope!"

With that, we drove off.

=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=×=

Not as eventful, I know, but it's one way to introduce new characters.

They're skipping school to go somewhere on a hijacked motorcycle. Kids, never do this. In their defense, I'll just say that ridding the world of gostiks is an exception.

Please continue to read, and thank you for doing so.

Vote, comment, follow, and keep going!

        -!Ri$

P.S. Zoelle Trance Ghrey is the picture~!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

534 21 20
'I hear it in my ear drums. But I can't seem to convince myself that it's real.' I have no idea what I'm doing. Why am I writing this? I dunno, I f...
897 67 24
The pain The only thing I can still feel "You will never be alone again, I swear" he swore "You will never feel pain again, I swear" he swore " I wil...
122K 2.8K 20
*COMPLETED* All Dark and Anti do is bicker and fight with each other recently. One night Dark can't take it anymore and storms out of the house looki...
114K 3.2K 45
~NOT INTENDED TO AROUSE~ This book will contain smut so read at your own risk... Sneek peek from chapter 2: He turns his head away and smiles before...