I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 48.

141K 957 88
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

"You know you're allowed to eat." I said as I rolled my eyes towards Holly who was really grating on my nerves right now.

"Yeah, but some of us watch our figures." She sly dug back. I ignored her comment and shoved another croissant in my mouth, staring at her the whole time while she looked on in disgust. I'm not even fat so her backwards compliment didn't affect me, it just made me want to annoy her even more.

"So, spotted anymore prey?" I asked sarcastically.

"We've just got up." She stated back.

"You mean you haven't?" I asked fake shocked.

"Bitch." She muttered.

"My pleasure." I smirked. "Right, let's hit the beach before I do something I regret." I suggested in which everyone agreed, I was getting close to throwing my breakfast in her face if I didn't leave soon. She reminded me of Charlotte at school, it's funny to see where they end up, last I heard Charlotte was pregnant and she didn't know who the father was. Karma bites back like a bitch.

"So are you meeting that boy today?" Jazmine asked as we left the breakfast restaurant and headed towards the beach.

"Maybe, I don't know. We'll just see what happens." I smiled as we walked in time.

"What boy?" Holly butted in.

"The one you were trying to chat up." I replied simply watching her every move. She didn't answer back; she just walked faster so it looked like she wasn't with us.

"I hope you do, it would annoy Holly even more." Jazmine smirked.

"I'd love to see what that looks like." I replied. "This looks like a good spot." I said settling my stuff down on the sand and stretching before I sat down. "Hey Jaz, could put some sun cream on my back." I asked lifting my shirt off revealing my black bikini. The cold liquid touched my skin causing me to flinch every so often.

"Hottie at 3 'o' clock."

"What?" I asked turning around. "Oh." I replied smiling, the boy from yesterday was approaching, this time he wasn't joined by his group of friends.

"Hey!" He shouted as he approached us.

"Hey!" I shouted back waving at him.

"You ready to go surfing?" He asked once he reached us.

"Sure." I smiled back and stood up ready to go. I slipped my beach shorts of and chucked my ray bans onto my stuff. "Watch my stuff, and be good." I whispered to Jazmine. "And, uh.. look after her." I added looking at Holly who was coating herself in baby oil, damn she was going to burn but hey, that's not my problem.

"Will do, have fun." She whispered back.

"So do you have a name mysterious British girl?" He winked at me as we headed towards a surf shop.

"Maybe..." I grinned.

"Well, could I maybe know what it is?" He grinned back.

"Delilah." I smiled.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl."

"How cliché." I smirked.

"But true." He winked again, I could feel my cheeks going red. "I'm Charlie." He smiled.

"Well it's nice to meet you Charlie." I smiled at him.

"Have you ever surfed before?" He asked as we approached the surf shop.

"A couple times." I grinned.

"Awesome, then you should be a pro."

"I don't like to brag." I joked as I winked back at him.

After we got our wetsuits, which I have to admit aren't the most comfortable things in the world we headed down the beach, looking like a bunch of surfers. The sea wasn't particularly wavy today so it shouldn't be too hard to get the hang of it again. The last time I surfed was when I was on that one tour with that one band when we stopped in Cali Cali California.

"You ready?" He asked as we paddled further into the sea.

"Surfs up baby!" I shouted before running past him, splashing him in the process. I turned around to watch his bemused face, I hope he didn't expect me to be some posh princess who was afraid to do anything in case I broke a nail, because that definitely isn't me.

I remembered more than I thought I would, I glided along the smaller waves with ease, managing to stand up without falling off. I wasn't paying any attention when a large wave caught me off guard, it crashed down on top of me like a ton of bricks. I was a good swimmer but when there is that quantity of water on top of you, I couldn't tell which way was up and which way was down. Since I was caught off guard the water flooded my mouth almost choking me. I was about to have a panic attack until I felt two muscular arms around my stomach dragging me up to the surface. I coughed and spluttered to get the nasty tasting sea water out of my mouth.

"Maybe we should call it a day." Charlie offered brushing my dishevelled hair out of my eyes.

"Yeah, okay." I replied still choking on the water.

"Here, I'll push you back to shore." He replied smiling at me as he helped me onto his board. I sat with my feet on the surfboard stretching towards the end.

"Thanks." I replied finally being able to breathe again.

"Gotta look out for them waves, we call them the Krakens."

"Like from Pirates of The Caribbean?"

"You know it." He grinned back.

"That makes sense."

"You know, I was expecting you to be a lot worse, your surprised me."

"Gee thanks." I replied, not sure whether I was being offended or complimented.

"Don't worry, that's a good thing." He said while still effortlessly pushing me back to shore. "Do you wanna grab some ice-cream?" He asked nervously.

"I'd love to." I beamed back.

"Ice-creams on me."

"But you paid for the surfing, let me get this one." I argued back.

"How about no." He winked.

"Well that's tough, because I insist."

"No you don't, anyway, I wanna surprise you with the house special." He grinned.

"You mean the banana split with extra waffles and chocolate flakes?" I smirked.

"How did you know that?" He asked wide eyed.

"It says on the sign outside." I laughed.

"I'm still buying."

"Nope I'm b-"

"Go sit." He ordered like a dog. I was about to argue back but he had a non-serious stern look on his face as he pointed towards an empty booth. I dragged my feet across the diner and sat down in the booth, re-reading the menu over and over while I waited for him to come back. I pulled my phone out of my shorts pocket and scanned twitter, I hadn't tweeted since I was at the hospital and most of my mentions were asking why I was there, I only wish I hadn't checked because the thought of having something wrong honestly scared me to death, but it's not something you can easily push to the back of your brain.

"You okay?" Charlie asked startling me.

"Yeah." I replied trying my best to smile.

"This is the best ice-cream on the whole side of this island."

"I'll take your word for it." I replied spooning a chocolate coated spoonful in mouth, i guess this is what heaven tastes like. "Damn, you weren't kidding." I chuckled.

"I don't lie baby." He smirked. I sweetly smiled back as we both devoured the bowl of ice-cream.

"I think I'm gonna burst." I said slouching back in my chair.

"Please don't, I don't want to have to clean that up." He joked.

"Oh sorry for the inconvenience of my stomach bursting." I joked back.

"Apology accepted." He smirked. "Do you want me to walk you back to the beach?" He asked taking my hand as we stood up.

"If you want." I replied as we walked out of the shop, still hand in hand.

"I'd love to." He smiled 'booping' my noise. "Can I ask you something?" He questioned, I have to admit for a split second my stomach did flip trying to think of what he was going to say next.

"Sure." I choked out.

"My friends and I are having a bonfire at the beach tonight, do you wanna come?" He asked nervously, that was a relief I sighed.

"Sure." I grinned.

"Awesome, I'll see you then." He replied, I hadn't noticed we had reached Jazmine already and were now stood still.

"Okay." I smiled back.

"See you later." He said before pecking my cheek and jogging off. I could see Jazmine raising her eyebrows at me.

"What?" I asked over dramatically.

"Have fun?" She winked.

"Well...." I trailed off winking back.

"Dress or shorts?" I questioned holding them up for Jazmine to see.

"It's a bonfire, I'd go with your denim shorts."

"If you say so." I replied walking off into the bathroom. I straightened my freshly washed hair and clipped half of it back before adding a layer of eyeliner. I straightened out my strapless shirt and denim shorts. I slid my feet into my black vans and picked up my phone from the side. No messages, calls or voicemails, this was a regular occurrence. Although I did only have a couple contacts since I got a new phone.

"How do I look?" I asked doing a 360 spin.

"You're wearing that?" Holly asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at her and turned my attention towards Jazmine.

"You look great." She beamed.

"Thanks." I smiled. "I should be back before midnight, be good." I said walking out. "And don't go crazy with the room service!" I shouted as I left. Let's party, I thought.

"You look beautiful." Charlie greeted me outside the hotel.

"Thanks, you don't look to dapper yourself." I replied, secretly checking him out.

"Dapper? Is that British slang?" He asked amused.

"I thought everyone said it." I laughed.

"You're crazy." He smiled grabbing my hand.

"Thanks." I responded sarcastically.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked as we approached the already roaring bonfire.

"Sure, surprise me." I responded before he asked what I wanted.

"Be right back." He said as he made he was to the cool box.

"So you're the one who Charlie won't shut up about?" A random boy who I had never seen before asked me.

"Uh..." Was all I managed to say.

"Hey, I see you met Danny." Charlie said handing me a drink.

"I guess I did." I smiled popping the lid off the bottle of beer he handed me, it did surprise with the choice of drink, I expected an alchopop but a beer will suit me.

"Delilah, we're hungry!" Holly shouted as she stormed in my room. I groaned into the pillow, I was suffering from that familiar hang over feeling.

"Holly, leave her alone, she didn't get in until 2 hours ago!" Jazmine shouted dragging Holly back out.

"It's fine, I was just getting up anyway." I replied grabbing my throbbing head as I stood up.

"What happened last night?" Jazmine questioned.

"I don't remember much after going swimming in the sea." I admitted whilst looking for something to wear.

"Were you skinny dipping?"

"What? No." I replied defending my dignity.

"Sure." She smirked. "So, did he make a move?"

"Who?" I asked totally out of it this time of the morning.

"Charlie, duh." She replied chucking me a clean shirt in which I was incapable of finding myself.

"I don't really remember, we might have made out, I think?" I asked rhetorically. She laughed at my response and left the room so I could change. I walked in the bathroom and stared at my hideous reflection, I looked terrible. I quickly hopped in the shower and wiped the make-up off which was smeared down my face after crashing out last night. To be honest last night was way better than my 18th, it's like the proper party I never really had. Everyone was so nice and welcoming which is something rare in the UK. The alcohol was flowing like water and before I knew it, I couldn't remember a thing, but I managed to make sure I didn't do anything I would regret.

"Right, let's go." I said walking into the main room. I picked my sunglasses up on the way out and slipped them onto my eyes so I could avoid the bright light which wasn't helping my headache.

"What's that?" I asked Jazmine.

"It's cereal and natural yogurt."

"Nice." I replied sarcastically, the only thing that should go with cereal is milk.

"Just because it's healthy." Holly butted in.

"Yeah, totally." I replied in the same tone as before. She shut up after that and left me to sip my glass of orange juice in peace and quiet. Well, that was until 10 minutes later when she let out the most gut wrenching scream I think I've ever heard. I could feel her voice shrill through my ear drums and straight up to my pounding head. I flinched with pain and looked sternly at her.

"What the hell?!" I asked massaging my temples. I looked at Jazmine to get an answer but she looked like she was hyperventilating. Holly started screaming again and waving her arms in the air, something behind me had caught her attention.

"What the heck are you screaming at?" I asked before turning around. "Oh..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 4.7K 39
Cassie Brooks. A normal teenage girl. She gets bullied. By the most popular boy in school, Louis Tomlinson. He has a crew. Their names are, Harry St...
11.7K 374 30
Emma Jones and Liam Payne have been the best of friends ever since they met in chorus class back in grade school. Two years after the creation of One...
2.2K 233 48
Ellie Christiansan is an eighteen year old girl who moved to London with her friends. Then she meets some, interesting people in an, interesting way...
2.8K 157 50
One day. One accident. Four boys. That's all it takes to change her world