One Mate and a Rejection

By bynadine

Like any other girl in Barbra High, Emerald Carson was deeply head over heels for Jared Thompson, the school'... More

One Mate and a Rejection
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter 23
chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter Seven

482K 8.4K 4.6K
By bynadine

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

*****************

...

Chapter Seven

After the incident with Blade, i have been trying to avoid him as much as possible. He made it surprisingly easy, but something told me he was avoiding me as well.

Although I still caught the occasional looks he send my way during lunch, or science, I managed to convince myself i felt nothing towards him.

The feelings I had gotten when I neared him on Monday lay still unexplained. I don't know where those shots of pleasure and pure fire  had been hurled from nor why but I decided to simply ignore it and move on.

Probably a shifted wolf thing that i haven't heard about, I had thought to myself to ease my surfacing tension.

Things were more worst than they've ever been at home. Mom and dad were constantly arguing, their angry words laced with desperation crossing each separating wall in the house until reaching my ears.

Jason and Amanda still came by everyday to collect the things from Jason's room and what's worst about it all was not the fact that he was leaving me, but more the fact that he knew how bad things are in the house and he chose to let me deal with it alone.

It was pretty clear that our family was falling apart slowly bit by bit.

I didn't know just how rapidly that would be happening until Thursday, at four am.

I had been already awake, listening to my mom and dad's voices as they crossed each other, angrily hurling and practically venomous.

It was  when mom decided to recite the time she had caught dad cheating on her when things fell silent.

But not for long.

I heard things being thrown and hurled with force.

Heavy footsteps around the house and than something loud.

The sound of a slamming door.

Dad had left the house.

I didn't cry that night, but I did hear my mother do so and as I tried to sleep, I cursed Jason silently for letting me witness this alone.

I decided to get out of bed at six am to take a run through the forest.

After all, i haven't shifted since Friday night.

I jumped out of my window, just for the hell of it and stripped down to nothing.

I focused on what dad had told me.

Leap up into the air and let your inner wolf take over physically.

Imagine the soft fur as it engulfs your body and your senses improving.

And so I did as I had been told and leaped up into the air, focussing on imagining.

Before I knew it, I felt my body changing.

Shifting.

I fell on all fours, gracefully and perfectly. I ran into the forest, passing green trees and muddy shrubs.

The more I ran, the more energy was pumped into my system.

It was the best feeling, being out in nature and feeling the pure air refreshing my body.

I let my stressed figure settle down for once and tried to enjoy this while i can.

My only focus were my thoughts as I ran, otherwise I would have caught the scent before.

The was one of pure fury and rage. One that send my wolf purring and growling with lust and compassion.

A scent that I recognized from when I caught blade behind me in the halls.

I followed the intoxicating aroma that send my thoughts into a frenzy.

I was lightheaded when I finally reached the destination of where the scent had send me.

The cliff.

The same cliff I had run too the night Jared found his mate.

Confused, I walked deeper within the rocks, and thanks to my improved vision, I caught sight of a black wolf, kneeling on the ground.

The black wolf that helped me shift.

My mate.

I dared a step closer, breathing heavily and watched as his massive size stood on all fours and watched me.

His eyes were a pleading golden, that confused me and stripped me bare.

Do I forgive him for abandoning me that night?

Shall I enjoy my time with him while I can?

I can't be so easily deceived as I had been the last time we met.

The wolf took three long steps towards me, yet still kept a distance between us.

He seemed nervous...guilty.

I rolled my eyes and kneeled down, giving in to the lust overtaking me.

Taking it as a sign of forgiveness, the wolf...my mate trudged towards me until our noses touched and laid down.

I stuck out mu tongue and licked his face, letting him know that I'm glad he's here.

He smiled and rubbed against me.

For once in a long time I felt amazing.

I felt as if nothing could beat the feeling of this.

Not even Jared.

I stood on all my fours, feeling energy as it pumped in my system.

I ran into the trees, laughing with glee, excitement running like blood veins inside my body, while my mate chased me.

I knew he could have caught me if he wanted but he let me beat him, just to see me run.

We ran like that to an hour until we both fell on top of each other, breathing heavily, like we haven't ran in years.

I let my happiness and depression collide and threw myself at him, laying in his embrace.

The sun was fully in the sky and it wasn't until then that I remembered about school.

I looked my mate in the eye one last time, still wondering who he was and went back running to my house.

I was late for school. About half an hour late and when I pulled up into the schools parking lot, it was easy to see blade in the empty spaces parking his car, late also.

I found myself wondering why he was late.

From partying all night, I thought and avoided him as I entered the school.

But I still felt his eyes digging holes in my back.

Blades pov

I didn't want to admit it but this morning was the best moment of my life.

I had never felt like I did before. My loneliness and depression that usually smudged like black dots in my vision had dissipated and suddenly, I was the luckiest man alive.

I felt as if my wolf were to grow two wings and leap into the air, sailing high with the birds and love-struck dreamers.

I wanted to shift and show her who I am. I wanted her to except me even if we were enemies and love me unconditionally because I knew that I would do the same.

And I hated it. I hated that Emerald made me so forgetful towards the reality that awaited us.

I hated that every time she touched me, I felt as if a new type of blood cell grew inside my body, shooting me with electric vibes of pleasure and fury.

I saw her entering the school, watching her like a hawk, wanting so badly to run over to her and kiss her passionately.

What can I possibly do to get one kiss?

No, I thought, I can't think like that.

We're enemies and I don't deserve her.

Lunch rolled around as I moped  everywhere but Emeralds locker.

I stepped into the noisy cafeteria, feeling disgusted with all the food because I knew I wouldn't enjoy it while my mate was in love with someone else.

I caught sight of Jared, laughing as he stared  lovingly down at his mate while she told him something.

I was surprised at the anger that resurfaced my being.

My mind was thinking of ways to kill him while my heart wondered why and I realized, it was no fair.

It was no fair that he had his happily ever after while my mate was still head over heels for him.

It was no fair that he screwed her heart over, and got away with it.

It was no fair that his mate was healthy and alive while mines had ripping bandages on her broken heart.

I couldn't control myself anymore. I felt a growl ripple through my body as I marched towards his table, fighting my wolf and trying not to shift.

But my legs weren't mines anymore as I growled loudly again and took him by the front of his shirt.

"What are you-" he began but I didn't give him time to talk.

UnAware of everybody watching me, I felt my fists shooting forward and connecting with his jaw, satisfied with the crunching noise his broken jaw made.

Being alpha came with advantages like strength even normal werewolves didn't have.

But he wasn't no normal werewolf.

He was the son of an alpha so it was no surprise how rapidly he recovered. His fist shot towards my face, knocking me back a couple of steps but by than I was beyond furious.

I let my anger out and focused all my fury on giving jared what he deserved.

I attacked him like an insane person, shooting mu fist out to connect with anything that could cause him pain.

He was on the ground in a second flat, me on top of him, blinded by my agony.

I heard screaming, it rang in my head.

Out of all the shouting I heard the lowest voice.

The calming voice of my mate.

I let myself melt into her words, my fists pulling back from Jared's face and my vision coming back slowly.

I still couldn't make out what emerald was saying to me but I knew I loved the sound of her voice.

I watched her as she spoke, catching bits and pieces of what she was saying," Calm down...Get up...snap out of it..."

I stood up, finally aware of everything that I've done.

I attacked Jared without explanation towards why I was doing it.

I looked down at him, bruised and crumbed beneath me in a bloody mess.

I looked for Emerald. I urged for her to calm me down again, and take me out of this reality. But instead she lay by Jared's side, yelling at students near by to call for help.

She carassed his cheek, tears running down her face like broken crystals.

Even Jasmine, Jared's mate didn't look as crushed as Emerald and at that moment I realized just how much she loves him.

There were already so many reasons to why i cant be with her, and it  hurt me like never before.

But this, knowing that I was and always will never be enough, even for my own mate, it crushed me.

I glanced down at the mess that I've caused beneath me one more time, before fleeing the scene, hoping that the pieces of my broken heart didn't scatter around me.

Emerald's pov

I choked on my sobs every now and than, glancing towards the left side of the hospital for a doctor.

What the hell was taking so long! Jared's a werewolf, son of an alpha. He should have already healed.

But Blade is stronger, I realized, because he's Alpha and having someone in a position like his beat you, it would have killed any normal human or werewolf.

I sat, slipping on the plastic hospital chairs, watching the stuff in front of me that they dared called food.

I thought of everything that's happened and wondered why Blade had attacked Jared.

This would cause more drama and loathing between our two packs, maybe even a war.

I sigh, my head falling to my hands.

I honestly didn't know what I was doing when I went to calm Blade down.

It was suddenly the only thing to do in my mind. In the room of chaos, I felt directly involved and as if I was the only one able to control Blade.

It was almost a natural reaction as i became influenced by his actions.

It was like my voice had been controlled by someone else.

Perhaps my wolf.

And as much as I wanted to hate Blade for what he did to Jared, I couldn't.

I convinced myself it was because he saved my life.

A middle aged doctor came into my view, and I raced to him, beating everyone, including Jasmine and Jared's parents.

"How is he?" I tried to speak clearly and sanely.

The doctor took a step back, uncomfortable with how I've ambushed him.

He fingered his binder," Don't worry, Jared will be fine, his wolf is upset but he's beginning to heal. All he needs is someone who can help stir his inner wolf-"

"I'll go," I snapped before anyone else could.

Jasmine steppe forward, glaring daggers at me," I'm his mate, I should go."

The doctor, noticing the tense atmosphere muttered," Everybody come, we will see who will stir Jared's wolf."

We reached Jared's room, my heart swelling at the sight of him bruised and broken.

The doctor touched Jared's mother's shoulder," Go touch his arm."

"Why," I asked.

He sigh," who ever stirs jared's wolf the most stays with him."

She did as she had been told while the doctor watched the monitor.

Everybody took a turn and when it was my turn, I was sure I'd stir his wolf the most.

I clutched to his arm, practically gasping with anxiety.

Please be okay, I prayed.

"Next," said the doctor.

"Did I stir his wolf," I asked.

"you'll know at the end."

Jasmine stepped forward and placed her lips gently upon Jared's.

The monitor began to beep wildly. The doctor stood up and ushered everyone out of the room.

Everyone but Jasmine.

I watched as he shut the door in my face, peeking through the little window, as jasmine touched jared's arm and almost immediately his face brightened.

Just than, my heart broke all over again.

I headed home an hour later, after they told me I wouldn't be able to see Jared until the morning.

I sat on my couch, in front of the blank TV, wondering where the hell my parents went.

About half an half an hour of staring into nothingness, I heard the door knock.

"come in!" I called out, hoping it was my mom.

But much to my distaste, Amanda walked in, holding a box labeled Jason's stuff.

"Hey kido," she put the box down and went to pinch my cheek but I moved my head away," Dont touch me."

She let out a fake laugh," Your so cute."

"Your like a year older than me, don't treat me like I'm a kid."

"Aw," she looked down at me," Sorry kido."

"Why are you here?"

"To pick up some of Jason's stuff."

"Oh yeah, I forgot you were kidnapping him."

"It was his idea-"

"Lair."

She smiled," your adorable!"

By that point I was practically shaking with anger.

The urge to shout engulfed me and I wasnt ashamed of how much I wanted to pound her face in.

I stood up, glaring deathly at her and snapped," don't you ever get mad? Don't you ever just get so angry that you just wanna take it out physically  on anybody near you?"

She just smiled," Nope, never."

"I know you hate me. I know you feel just as much loathing for me as I feel for you."

"Your my mates little sister, i can never hate you."

I rolled my eyes," Oh please, , your full of shit."

"I gotta go-"

I grabbed her arm," Not until you admit that I frustrate you."

"But you don't-"

"Yes I do!" I screamed,"You hate me! You pretend to like me so I'll look bad! But your just as much of a brat!"

Her eyes turned cold," Listen here, Emmy, I've been trying to look past your hateful comments and accept you unconditionally, but you've made it really hard to do that, and quite frankly, you are becoming a massive pain in my ass. Let's forget what I did to you before I met your brother and move on. Can you do that?"

I glared at her," You made my life hell, all throughout elementary, middle school and almost all my high school years. I could never do anything about it because you were always a year older. You're lucky I didn't tell Jason about you when he first found out that you two are mates."

She laughed," Do you really think Jason will choose you over me? Did you see the way he yelled at you when you snapped at me?"

"family comes before anything-"

"Im his family now! He will-"

"What about Jared guy? Oh please, poor guy's was lucky to get away from you."

And that's when i broke.

All those years of hiding in the toilets and not being able to do anything about the bully that awaited me outside, I broke.

I could never tell Jared, not because he would try to  protect me but because he'll tell my parents and I was stupid and scared.

I remembered how shocked i was when I found out that the bully who made my life hell is actually my brothers mate.

It was in tenth grade, two years ago.

Jason and Amanda were in eleventh grade and that's when she finally left me alone.

I still hated her though, and every time she'd come to our house, pretend like we're bff's and pinch my cheeks.

The anger pumping in my blood stream was so strong it was almost unexplainable.

I couldn't understand how upset and furious I was getting.

And so when I jumped up and attacked Amanda, I almost completely lost track of who I am.

I landed my fist on her jaw line, satisfied with the crunching noise it made.

She leaped up into the air and attacked me, brining me down on the ground, hitting my head on the wooden table in the process.

I felt wetness in my hair and clutched it to find blood all over my fingers.

Amanda didn't give me a second to react.

She smashed her fists against my face, straddling me.

"You...Brat!" she screamed," I've tried so hard to forget what I've done to you! Can't you just let it go!"

I flipped is over, straddling her, holding on to her shoulders and knocking her up and down," You ruined my childhood! Ever since fourth grade when you moved here and thought your all that! You can't ruin six years of someone's life and expect to be forgiven!"

She managed to grab a glass vas on the table that I hit my bleeding head on and smashed it into my face, knocking me back.

Her leg came up and kicked me in the stomach.

I grabbed her foot and tripped her. She fell into the ground with a loud thud, and I hurried to straddle her again.

I lost all control of my self sanity as I grabbed a piece of glass and raised it above my head.

"Emerald," Amanda warned," stop. Don't do this, your not sane right now. Drop it."

Tears streamed down my face in puddles and I could t understand what was happening.

Why was I so upset?

It was like something had possessed my body.

I heard a sudden noise. The front door opened and in walked in Jason.

He froze in his spot when he took in the scene.

"What the hell are you doing, Emerald?" he shouted.

"I...was-"

"Your crazy!" he grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me into the couch, picking up his mate gently and leading her out the door.

He came back after setting her in the car," You listen to me, Emerald. If you ever hurt Amanda again, I'll hurt you. She's done nothing but be nice to you. "

"Jason, you dont understand-"

"Mom and dad think theres something wrong with you, and i think there is, too. I thought they could try to help you because it must be hard, having your heart broken, shifting with no mate and all, but if this is how you act out just because some guy broke up with you than do it on your own time, but stay the hell away from my mate. "

He exited without giving me a chance to speak, slamming the door hard with anger.

I sighed.

I really couldn't understand why I had gotten so angry. Sure i hated Amanda for making my life hell but I was over it.

I knew I had to apologize and get myself under control quick before I do something dumber.

******************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 15.7K 42
THIS WAS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT WRITING, READ AT OWN RISK! THERE ARE MANY ERRORS, AS MAJORITY OF IT IS UNEDITED. IF YOU WISH TO READ A MORE PUNCTUALLY A...
5.2M 181K 39
Jade Emmerson was born to two wolf parents but has a dormant gene that practically makes her human. When she found out Cameron was her mate she insta...
1.1M 32K 51
This is back up! I never got around to editing it because I didn't have the time like I thought I would. Enjoy this and the sequel. Isabelle was jolt...
1.1M 33.7K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...