Crimson

By Fanfunctional

Welcome to Arcadia Academy- where friendships are forged, memories are made, and enemies lurk behind every un... More

Chapter 1: TRAINing For This
Chapter 2: Arcadia Castle
Chapter 3: Rebellion & Red Hair
Chapter 4: Fresh Prince of Belmont
Chapter 5: Finding Simone
Chapter 6: Deception
Chapter 7: Libraries and Liquor
Chapter 9: The Five
Author's Note
Chapter 10: Roman
Chapter 11: The Party
Chapter 12: Class
Chapter 13: Aren't YOU Popular
Chapter 14: Y/n's Blood
Chapter 15: A Wet Weekend
Chapter 16: A Lit Weekend
Chapter 17: A Magical Weekend
Chapter 18: A Daring Weekend
Short Update (Nothing New)
Chapter 19: A Starry Weekend
Chapter 20: Too Many Questions
Chapter 21: Welcome to the Night Class
Chapter 22: Off To A Bad Start
Chapter 23: The Second Night
❀Crimson Group Chat❀
🌜THE OBSERVATORYπŸŒ›
Chapter 24: Ever the Trickster
Chapter 25: The Creatures Almanac
Chapter 26: Unraveling
Chapter 27: Dreadful Coincidence
Chapter 28: Arcadia's Secret
Chapter 29: Morning With The Undead
Chapter 30: A Day in Delwood
My Message
Chapter 31: The Disappearing Shop
Chapter 32: The Gang Returns
LIVE STREAM WITH FAN [OCT.26]
Hallows' Eve 1939
Chapter 33: Weekend's End
Chapter 34: A Legend Returns
Chapter 35: Hearts of Steal
Chapter 36: Broken Glass
Chapter 37: Make A Wish
COVER WINNER
Chapter 38: Maurice Speaks
Chapter 39: Memory Lane
Chapter 40: The Plan of Attack
II- Chapter 41: Vampire Hunting for Dummies
II- Chapter 42: Burnt Photographs
II- Chapter 43: Meta-Speculation
II- Chapter 44: BelΓ­ssimo
II- Chapter 45: In Plain Sight
II- Chapter 46: A Warn Welcome
II- Chapter 47: Birds of Prey
II- Chapter 48: What Friends Are For
II- Chapter 49: Coffee Date Complications
II- Chapter 50: Mutual Exchange
II- Chapter 51: Tattletales
II- Chapter 52: Exploiting Friends in a House of Cards
II- Chapter 53: Putting Out Fires with 3 Litres of Gasoline
Arcadia Discord Server Now Live

Chapter 8: Answers

13K 678 287
By Fanfunctional

You fought the urge to talk to Simone. You couldn't storm through the now crowded class room- you'd have to wait until dinner.

But Simone wasn't the only one to make an entrance. Just as you nudged Eleanor and identified the black haired girl as your missing roommate, another girl walked in.

You'd have thought for sure she was a student, if it weren't for her white uniform and navy bow tie. She looked like an inverted version of the rest of you.

Immediately, several of the students, boys and girls included, began to holler.

You raised an eyebrow at Eleanor to see if he knew who this was, but he just shrugged.

The girl was fairly small, with short brown hair, wearing her white blazer with an even whiter smile.

She seemed to be used to the recognition and raised her hands in an attempt to stop the cheering and applause.

"Now now, that'll be enough." She said calmly.

The students obeyed and listened with excitement.

"Now, I'm sure most of you remember me from last year," she said, pacing at the front with a sly grin. "And if you don't, I clearly didn't give you a hard enough time."

"I beg to differ!" A male voice called from the back, eliciting laughter. You were in the same row and he was just a few seats down.

The teacher chuckled as she raised her hands to silence the classroom again. She put her hands on her hips and eyed the red head who spoke.

"You're the one who gave me a hard time last year." She said in good humour. "Now, as Theodore knows, you can call me Syllabil. And as he's well aware, you have to work very hard to succeed in this class."

You exchanged glances with Eleanor.

"Now, if you please, we'll start our English class with a short reading." Syllabil said happily.

The class didn't last long at all, even though at least an hour went by. It was your first day after all, and you began to see why your classmates liked Sylabil so much. How cool is a teacher who asks you to call them by their first name?

But as fun and strangely relatable as the young brunette was, you were itching to ask Simone about her night, and tell her yours in the process. Both of you seemed to be forgetting the rules just a bit.

When class was over, Eleanor told you he'd catch up as he went along with many other students, to talk to Sylabil. You didn't wait and practically ran down the steps to Simone. She was beginning to put her notes in her bag.

"Simone!" You called.

"Oh, hey y/n." She said casually, packing up without looking at you

"I know we're not the best of friends but WHERE ON EARTH were you last night?" You asked loudly.

Simone's blue eyes met yours slowly.

"I forgot something." She said. "And I met someone."

"You... you met someone? Who?" You inquired. "And what did you forget?"

"Don't worry about it." She replied, slinging her bag over her shoulder. Your attention was drawn to the white bandage over her neck.

"What happened?" You asked, disatisfied with her lack of answers.

"I fell running up the castle stairs this morning, that's why I couldn't give the Arcadia tour," she explained without interest.

"Okay, but- I saw you during the tour; you ran through the plaza garden." You said, trying to understand. But Simone shook her head. "It was you, same uniform, same hair."

"I didn't get my uniform until after I got all patched up." She said, pointing to her neck. "There are tons of students here. It wasn't me."

You tried to make sense of it all, as Eleanor appeared at your side. You introduced him to your roommate Simone. Eleanor whistled at someone who came strolling into the discussion. He introduced you to Theodore, whom you'd already met, as his roommate.

You thought it was funny how both you and Eleanor just happened to have the second year prefects as your roommates.

"It's probably because they know Maurice." He said with an embarrassed smile. "Gotta have someone to watch over his brother."

The four of you walked out the hall and into one of the beautiful, echoey halls of the castle, on your way to your next class.

It didn't take long for the discussion to turn to Simone's neck. Eleanor seemed particularly interested.

"I'm going to be a doctor after I graduate." He said proudly. "You should let me take a look."

"I can't-" Simone said quickly. "It'll hurt. I just need to keep it on."

Eleanor raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything else about it.

While you were walking, you finally had the chance to tell Simone about what happened last night. Theodore was there too and you didn't know him that well either, but it was fine.

Although maybe you shouldn't have told your rule breaking adventures to the two prefects of second year.

"Well, the responsible thing to do would probably be to tell Cadere..." Theodore said, thinking. "But if I did that, I'm sure Eleanor over here would tell him about me partying in the underground lair."

"You still go to that?" Simone asked.

Eleanor told you about his discussions with Theodore last night about Maurice, who he also knew. Apparently, for a prefect, Theodore was quite the rule breaker himself.

You couldn't help but wonder why Cadere seemed to run the whole school but before you thought to ask, Eleanor asked Simone where she was last night. If she wasn't giving you a straight answer, maybe she'd give one to Eleanor.

"Well, I was telling y/n," she began, "I met someone."

"Who?" Everyone wanted to know.

"His name's Roman." She said with dreamy eyes. "He's even cuter than that blonde boy we ran into, Belmont."

"No way." You said, blushing at the memory of Bel that night.

"Yeah, he's got orange eyes that match his hair and he's so tall and get this-" she said with a smirk, "He's from the night class, too."

Your eyes widened. You could never have imagined stumbling upon this many night students in the first two days.

"They always forget the system during the start of the school year," Said Theodore as he rolled his eyes. "We should probably tell Cadere about his two students out of their dorm-"

"But then we'd have to tell him about the two students out of our dorm." Simone countered.

Theodore's smile lit up his mischievous eyes, as everyone arrived at their next class. You sat together this time, next to Simone. You weren't going to let her disappear again.

"You wouldn't believe how charming he was," Simone said absently. "And I know he's one of the more well known boys. I bet you'd know him, Theodore."

"What did you say his name was?" He asked, twiddling a pencil in his hands.

"Roman," she replied, stating off into the distance.

Theodore's eyes lit up with recognition.

"He's always at the underground lair." Said Theodore.

"The underground lair?" You questioned.

"It's like a nightclub underground," Eleanor said, pushing up his glasses. "Maurice told me about it."

"Do you think he'll be there again?" Asked Simone quickly.

"Probably," answered Theodore. "But it's kind of hush hush and against the rules to be down there late at night."

"Weren't you there last night?" You asked, and Eleanor laughed.

"Well- yeah." Admitted Theodore. Red tinted his cheeks.

"Then it's settled- tonight we can go to the Lair and maybe we'll see Roman." Simone suggested excitedly. "Bel might even be there."

You thought about it. You were a bit tired of all the action the past few days. But you were curious. And meeting new people, maybe having some fun, didn't seem like the worst idea. Besides- Simone needed someone to make sure she actually made it back for once.

"Okay, if everyone else is going." You said with a shrug.

"Whoa, who said I was going?" Said Eleanor.

"I did!" Grinned Theodore. "You are Maurice's brother, aren't you? What's the worst that could happen?"

And you don't know what you thought the worst could be, but the chain of events that soon followed meant that whatever you thought, you thought wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 9.3K 32
UNDER EDITING You've enrolled into UA but the semester has already started. You look to make a new name for yourself and a better reputation, as soon...
16.7K 461 9
You're (country name), you got an invitation to meet up with the Alliance and the Axis, hoping to just chat and have a good time. what you didn't kn...
8.2M 276K 92
After six new boys meet (Y/n), they begin an unhealthy obsession over the female and soon take it too far. There's not much chance of her escaping th...