Courage {Neville Longbottom}...

By kmbell92

Book 2 Kefira Walsh was always known for her daring attitude and bold nature, earning her the rightful plac... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred One
Chapter One Hundred Two
Chapter One Hundred Three
Chapter One Hundred Four
Chapter One Hundred Five
Chapter One Hundred Six
Chapter One Hundred Seven
Chapter One Hundred Eight
Chapter One Hundred Nine
Chapter One Hundred Ten
Chapter One Hundred Eleven
Chapter One Hundred Twelve
Chapter One Hundred Thirteen
Chapter One Hundred Fourteen
Chapter One Hundred Fifteen

Chapter Five

30.9K 2.1K 1.5K
By kmbell92

There came a frantic pounding upon the thick wooden door causing Godric Gryffindor to look up from the parchment rolls that were resting before him on the table. Noting how late it was, the man grew concerned and confused as to who was knocking at his chambers so late at night. He walked over, making sure that he was armed and ready with his wand. The knocking became even more frequent and louder as he neared the door. Just as he went to open it, he heard a familiar voice call out his name.

The door swung open, revealing Merlin standing on the other side, the man's eyes full of distress as he faced his friend.

"Merlin, what brings you about at this hour?" Godric asked, welcoming him inside.

"I cannot stay long, Godric, but there is something you should know before I depart," Merlin said. Godric had hardly ver seen the man in such a frazzled state, he could see the wizard's hands shaking which was so unusual. Normally, Merlin's hands remained steady as he normally performed his magic without a wand. 

"You appear upset, Merlin, will you-"

"Arthur is gravely ill," He blurted out without letting Godric finished.

"Ill?"Godric repeated. "The cau-"

"Poison," Merlin was pacing back and forth in front of the fireplace. "I know it was Morgana. There is no other explanation. His meal was the only one tainted with the poison, had I not been there, he would have been dead within the hour."

"What purpose does she have going after Arthur if her quarrel is with you?" Godric knew the answer, but he was only asking the question out of anger.

"She knows that Arthur is dear to me," Merlin replied quietly. "For that, she will target him to get to me. Have you spoken with Salazar?"

"Salazar will not speak with me," Godric answered him. "He has stopped speaking with Helga, the only one he will respond to is Rowena. Even so, it is brief and nothing pleasant."

"I am certain that he is upset with me for not taking his side in the matter of the acceptances of muggle borns. For that, he is taking his anger out on by using Morgana-"

"We can not be certain that Salazar is affl-"

"Godric, you know that he is!" Merlin yelled. "You know it as well as I do! The question is what are we going to do about it?"

"Say Nevs," Kefira called out to Neville as the two were outside enjoying the warmth of the afternoon. Kefira was, of course, in her usual spot perched in the tree while Neville was attempting to climb up without any assistance. He was slightly out of practice making it quite for him to climb up, but it was even harder as Kefira distracted him with conversation.

With both feet on the ground, Neville decided to catch his breath as he looked up in her direction.

"Yes, Kefi?"

"Do you know a lot about wizarding history?" She asked him. "I'm not talking about the stuff that Professor Binn's covers like the giants and goblins, you know, beyond that."

"I think it depends on what you want to know, Kefi," he said placing his hand on his hip and placing the other one up to block out the sun from his eyes. "What are you looking for information about?"

"Mainly things about the founders and people like Merlin," she answered. "Or Morgan Le Fay? Do you know anything about them? I figured you might since you grew up in this world, maybe you heard some stories about them growing up."

"Honestly, I probably don't know any more than you do," Neville admitted. "I know the basics that Morgana and Merlin were mortal enemies. Merlin was dear friends with her half-brother, Arthur, who you know about right?"

"Yeah, King Arthur, I know about him."

"Well, she was really into the Dark Arts," Neville said, " but I really don't know much more about her. Wait, why are you so curious about the founders and Merlin?"

"Well, this is going to sound weird, I guess but I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately," Kefira told him. "I'm talking about every night and it always has to do with something about that group. Whether it's Salazar being a major arse about blood purity or Merlin being a complete pancake when it comes to Arthur-"

"A pancake?" Neville snorted. "How can Merlin be a pancake?"

"Because pancakes are fluffy and so is Merlin," Kefira said. "At least, he is in my dreams. I don't know much about him in real life."

"I'm sure he was a pancake just as you said," Neville said. "Now, just give me a second, I need to concentrate to climb."

Kefira remained quiet with a smile on her face as she watched Neville climb up the tree. He managed to get it after the second try and made his way over to sit beside her on the limb.

"Look at you, you don't even need help anymore, Neville!" Kefira said with a proud look on her face. "You know, there was a time where you couldn't get it without Dad pushing you up. Now you don't."

"Well, I think I'm getting a little stronger," he said.

"A little? You're too humble sometimes," Kefira shook her head. "You've gotten a lot stronger, it shows. Not just physically either..."

Neville turned a bright red but he had a large grin on his face as he sat beside her and looked out. 

The two were sitting for quite some time, just relaxing and enjoying the scenery. Kefira swung her legs back and forth beneath her as Neville twirled a leaf in between his fingers. Suddenly, the two heard Kefira's parents calling them from the house.

"Aww no, what is it now?"

"Seems your professor can't take a hint, can he?" Lottie said as Kefira entered the kitchen with Neville by her side. They saw another package resting on the table with the Walsh family standing around, waiting for the youngest to react.

"Please don't tell me that the package isn't from who I think it's from," Kefira frowned, not taking any step towards the table.

"Sweetheart," Alana rubbed at her forehead. "I really don't see the problem in you just accepting your school supplies. It's not like it's really a gift or something. He obviously wants you to have it-"

"Well, it's not always about getting what you want, is it?" Kefira replied folding her arms. "I'm not accepting it. I'm sorry. I don't know if this is his weird way of apologizing, but if it is, apology not accepted."

"That's my girl," Cardel said with a smile. "Stick to your guns."

Alana gave the man a look, trying to warn him to not encourage the girl any further. 

"Well, should we just get the owls to take it back?" Alana sighed.

"Not yet," Kefira said. "I want to add a letter to this so I can make my point clear."

"Are you sure you want to do that, Kefira?"Neville looked at her nervously. "I don't think you want to give Professor Snape any reason to be upset with you before the school year begins."

"He should have thought about that before he made me upset first," Kefira said. "It's time that he learns that his actions have consequences."

"Oh," Neville frowned and sat quietly on the girl's bed as she sat down at her desk and wrote her little letter. 

"You know what...I know what to make this letter better...your grandma is going to be here soon right?"

"To go shopping, yes," Neville said, his eyebrows furrowing together. "Why?"

"Because I need her help, Nevs."

"Wh-wh...You need my grandmother's help?"

"That's what I said."

"But why?"

"You'll see!" She pushed the parchment paper away from her before turning to Neville. "This is going to be good."

"I'm not sure if I like the sound of that, Kefi," Neville sighed.

"Oh trust me, but you will. Believe me."

The two were waiting for Augusta to show up at the home so that they could go shopping for the school supplies they were going to need for their fifth and upcoming year. However, as it passed the time that she was due to arrive, Neville was growing slightly concern. If there was one thing Augusta prided herself in above everything else, it was her ability to be punctual to everything. If she claimed that she would be somewhere at a certain time, she would be there exactly on time, not a minute or a second late.

He was growing even more nervous as Kefira's leg bounced up and down beside his. To soothe his own nerves, he placed his hand on her knee trying to get her to stop. 

"Sorry," she glanced over at him. "Bad habit-"

"No, it's not a bad habit," he told her. "I'm just...sorry, I'm nervous because my grandmother is never late. She's  always made it her thing to be on time."

"I'm sure she's fine, Neville," Kefira reassured him, placing her hand over his. "Maybe she's just stuck between what hat she wants to wear or something."

"I don't think-"

Suddenly, they heard a crack in the distance as they stood up as the person who arrived was not Augusta Longbottom.

"Who in the world is that?" Kefira asked tilting her head to the side. Neville's face was completely paled before he swallowed.

"That's...that's...that is my Uncle Algie."

Uncle Algie was a quirky little fellow, he had graying hair that swirled about to try and cover up his bald spot. He wore emerald green robes along with a hat that made him look like a little muggle garden gnome.

"Aww Nevs, your Uncle Algie is adorable, look at him," She whispered to him before she chuckled. 

"I don't know if adorable is the term you're looking for, Kefi, but he certainly is something else," Neville responded. "I wonder what he's doing here."

"Neville, my boy, there you are," Algie called out to him. "I was hoping that I had the right place. Knowing me, though, I wouldn't have been surprised if I wound up doing the backstroke in the Red Sea."

"Where's Gran?" Neville asked him.

"I'm afraid she's feeling a bit under the weather today. She was preparing to come over here but when I saw the condition she was in, I insisted that I would take you two shopping for your supplies. That's if it's alright with this lovely lady's parents. You must be Kefira," he smiled at her.

She grinned at him in return. "Nice to meet you," she told him holding out her hand. "I've heard a lot of good things about from Neville."

"Oh, I'm not much of a handshaker," Algie told her.

"Oh," Kefira dropped her hand down to her side awkwardly. "Sorry I didn't kn-"

She was quickly pulled into a hug by the man before he pulled Neville in as well. Of course, during the hug, Kefira's father walked out, to find the children being hugged by a complete stranger.

"What's going on here?" Cardel called out startling them. 

"Dad," Kefira turned to her father on the porch. "This is Neville's uncle, Algie!"

"I'm sorry to show up unannounced," Algie told him. "I'm here on Augusta's behalf today. She's not feeling well and she said that Neville and Kefira needed to get their school supplies. Rather than her showing up and spreading the sickness, I decided to come. I hope you don't mind."

"N-no, not at all," Cardel said. "I'm sorry to hear that Augusta isn't feel well and...why don't you come inside?"

He invited the man in but before Algie made his way up the steps to follow Cardel inside to meet him and Alana properly, Kefira stopped him. 

"Sorry to bother you," she said holding onto the man's sleeve. "But seeing as Augusta didn't show up, I was wondering if I could ask you to help me with something while you're here. It involves, just a teensy bit of magic."

Algie raised a brow with a smile as he looked at the girl. "And what might that be?"

"Well, it's..um...there's really no gentle way over putting this but....I need you to help me send a howler to one of the professors at Hogwarts."

Neville covered his face with his hands, waiting for his uncle's reaction.

"Is it that damn potions' one?" Algie asked.

"Yes," Kefira nodded.

"I'll be more than glad to help you with that one, my dear," he said with a wink before he headed up the stairs inside the house. Kefira turned to Neville who seemed to be in a state of shock.

"Your uncle is fantastic!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 2.5K 37
"𝙤𝙠, 𝙨𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧, 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣." or it's (y/n) greyheart's second year at her dream school...
16K 375 15
Y/n had always dreamed about being in a magical world. But all her daydreams couldn't live up to what would happen when she actually goes to a school...
7.5M 503K 180
Long before she was sorted into the Gryffindor house, Kefira Walsh was known as the "little lion" in her family. The youngest of the four Walsh girls...
223K 9.5K 130
Iris Rosier always believed she was the odd one out. She didn't share her family's beliefs and constantly felt as though she was different from them...