I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 45.

141K 958 165
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

"Wow, you're right this coffee really is the best."

"Sure is." I replied to my mum as I sipped on my coffee.

"So which one came round this morning?" My mum asked referring to the boys.

"Louis." I replied sipping on my drink. We were sat in that cute little tea place Harry took me on our first date, I had been visiting regularly ever since whenever I was in town.

"What did he want?"

"To make sure I hadn't died." I replied.

"Well that's nice, I guess." She hesitantly answered. "I did try and stop him but he was very determined to see you."

"That's Louis for you."

"So what is he? Your friend?"

"Best friend." I corrected.

"How come I've never met him before, or the rest of the boys for that matter?"

"I guess I was too caught up with Harry." I sighed. "But not for much longer." I spoke as we both directed our gaze to the small TV on the counter top playing MTV News, of course Harry and his date would be the headline, why can't I get a break from him? I rolled my eyes at the broadcast and continued to sip my drink.

"She's not even pretty." My mum said trying to make me feel better.

"She's obviously better looking than me, I mean Harry chose her over me." I stated.

"Are you just going to give up on your relationship like that?"

"You don't see the way he acts anymore, his hearts not in it so why should I try? I can't force someone to love me." I replied fighting back the tears.

"I'll always be here for you."

"Thank you." I replied trying to smile.

"C'mon let's get home." She replied as we stood up to leave.

I drove slowly up the gravelled driveway to see it already occupied, I gripped the steering wheel a lot tighter than before and tensed up. As we approached I made out the five figures stood next to a car on our driveway. I drove passed them and parked up, I didn't even look at them, but I couldn't escape them now.

"I'll leave you to it." My mum said hurrying out the car, there goes my back up. I gradually got out of my car and slid my new phone into my pocket, still avoiding their gazes. I carefully shut the door and turned around so I could see them properly. Harry looked hung over from hell which he deserved in my eyes.

"Nice car." Zayn said breaking the silence as I walked closer to them.

"Thanks." I bluntly replied, I know I shouldn't be annoyed at the other boys but just seeing his face made me want to tear my fucking hair out.

"We tried ringing, but your phone wasn't on." Louis said.

"It's broken." I stated.

"Oh, okay." He replied.

"Why are you here?" I asked straightforwardly.

"You and Harry need to talk, so we thought that-" Louis started.

"You mean he didn't even think to come himself?" I asked raising my eyebrows at them.

"Stop talking like I'm not here." Harry growled, clearly suffering from a headache.

"I hadn't noticed you, being so quiet and everything." I replied sarcastically.

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." He replied smirking.

"But the highest form of intelligence." I said wiping that smirk of his face.

"Bitch." He muttered.

"No that would be the girl you were fucking last night." I said raising my voice a little.

"I was drunk!" He defended.

"You didn't even drink that much, just those shots, at most you were tipsy!" I argued back.

"Can you not just get over it?" He said raising his own voice.

"Get over the fact that you slept with another girl, on my birthday?!" I shouted. "Get over the fact you have been ignoring for weeks, and when you do call it's just another argument? Get over the fact your best friend treats me better than you?!" I finished breathing a sigh of relief. "I don't think I can." I spoke again, quieter this time.

"Wh-what?" He stammered.

"Delilah, you don't mean that." Louis said intruding on this argument.

"Yes I do Louis, I'm fed of being strung around like a waste of space, why should I have to put up with this anymore?" I asked. Louis remained silent at my unusual outburst at him.

"So where does this leave us?" Harry asked calmer than before.

"I can't make someone love me." I started.

"Delilah I do-" Harry started but I cut him off.

"No you don't you!" I shouted. "If you loved me you wouldn't have been a jerk!"

"You're hardly perfect!" He shouted raising his voice.

"Harry it's over!" I shouted, tears brimming my eyes. "Get out!" I shouted as they all just stood there in astonishment. "Get out!" I shouted again but this time breaking down. Instead of watching them leave or seeing their reactions I ran inside the house and slammed the door. I rested against the door and slid down when I heard the car drive away. I sat on the tiled floor crying my eyes out, it was really over, my fairy tale romance was no longer a fairy tale and it no longer existed.

"Delilah, come here honey." My mum said sympathetically as she wrapped her arms around me.

"It's over, it's really over." I sniffled.

"When one door closes another door opens." She replied.

"That's so cheesy." I replied with a small chuckle escaping my lips.

"But it's true." She answered looking me in the eyes. "C'mon there's some Ben and Jerry's in the freezer and a sappy chick flick on Sky." She finished pulling me up from my spot.

"That was honestly the worst film I've ever seen." I spoke as the movie finished.

"I liked it, Justin Timberlake can play tennis with me anytime he likes." She grinned.

"Mum, I don't wanna know." I replied grimacing at the thought.

"Oh, I forgot to give you this, it came in the post the other day." She said getting up from her seat and handing me a letter.

"What is it?" I asked whilst I opened it.

"I think it's from the hospital, just a regular check-up thing."

"Ah right." I replied pulling the letter from its temporary home. I quickly scanned the letter, she was right it was just a check-up appointment, nothing to stress over.

"What is it?" She asked walking back in the room.

"Just a check-up thing like you said." I replied setting the paper down.

"Oh one more thing." She smiled.

"What?" I asked my eyes focused on her expression.

"Your cousin Jazmine is going to Australia for a couple weeks with her friends, her mum asked me if you would chaperone them."

"You said yes didn't you?" I replied, the corners of my lips pointing up.

"You don't mind do you?"

"A break from this scenery would probably do me a world of good."

"Definitely." She agreed.

"When is it?"

"Tuesday..."

"Mum, that's like 2 days, when were you actually going to tell me?"

"Today, I just hadn't planned on the other events." She answered vaguely.

"Alright, alright."

"Good, I'll ring your auntie later and let her know."

"Why isn't she going anyway?"

"Work." She replied. "So when is your check-up?" She asked changing the subject.

"Tomorrow, luckily." I responded.

"Okay, what do you want for tea? I'm thinking we ordering in a pizza." She asked shocking me.

"And I thought you calorie counted every meal." I replied raising my eyebrows at her.

"One pizza won't hurt, usual topping?"

"Pineapple." I beamed, my life wasn't a perfect fairy-tale anymore but I'm hardly living a nightmare.

"I heard the boys there all have cute accents." My mouth spoke, a mouth full of pizza.

"They probably do but I think I'll leave the boys to Jazmine and her friends." I replied munching on my own slice.

"You have to move on you know."

"It's been a couple hours, a pizza, chick flick and a tub of ice-cream isn't going to mend my broken heart."

"Young love." My mum muttered.

"Being young doesn't make a difference in love, if you love someone, you love someone, no matter what age, gender, race, nationality, religion-"

"Alright, I get it." She laughed.

"Good, now are you gonna eat the last slice?" I asked my hand already reaching over towards it.

"Go for it." She replied pushing the box closer towards me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 4 29
.
4.3K 193 33
The typical high school Harry fanfic! *ON HOLD* All Rights Reserved To @larryoverall
652 14 21
Abby and Emily know their school isn't normal. When they're called upon to protect high profile targets, they're thrown into a world of danger.
297K 6.8K 37
(Chapters get better and longer) What happens when a girl is switched at birth with a girl who's parents live in America? Well, 16 years later Jamie...