Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 67

2.9K 105 25
By NatalyCanez

Ryder's POV

I walk downstairs with my black clutch and cream colored coat in hand. Stepping into the kitchen, I place both items on the kitchen island and smile walking towards Harry who stood in front of the coffee machine, pouring some of the warm brew into a mug.

"Oh baby, you look beautiful." Harry grins, eyeing me up and down, taking in my black attire.

Today, I decided to put in some effort in my work outfit just to change things up a bit. I was dressed in a white loose blouse, with a small flared collar and black bow tie, tugged into the waistband of my leather pants. But to keep things a bit casual, as how I prefer it, instead of wearing heels I decided to wear a white pair of sneakers.

"You don't look so bad yourself, handsome." I smile back, standing on my toes as I reach up, pressing my lips to his, my hands resting on his chest.

"Mmmm good morning." Harry says making me smile, as I pull away, his eyes shining with pure love and delight.

"Good morning." I giggle moving to stand on my toes once more to kiss him.

"Good morning." Another voice speaks, making me jump and pull my lips off of Harry's.

I turn my head seeing Niall standing on the other side of the kitchen, leaning against the counter. He smirks at my reaction to him, bringing the glass of orange juice up to his lips.

"Niall?" I question, blinking at him. "What are you doing here?"

"I-"

"He is taking you to work." Harry interrupts.

"What?" I turn my head, looking up at Harry. "What do you mean? I'm perfectly capable of driving on my own and-"

"No baby, that's not the reason why." Harry shakes his head, looking away from me as he places his coffee on the table. I continue to stare at him, more confused than ever.

"Niall will be-"

"Keeping your ass safe." Niall interjects, smirking at Harry, clearly amused at the idea of him interrupting Harry this time.

"I don't understand."

"You have been on edge lately and I figured maybe if you had someone with you during the day than it'll keep you calm." Harry explains, placing his hand on my lower back. "It will keep me less worried about you and I trust Niall. He knows just as much as I do about guns and defense in case something happens."

"So Niall is going to be my...security guard?" I ask for clarification.

"More or less." Harry shrugs.

"For how long?"

"Just until we figure things out."

I frown looking down at my feet, hating the idea that it had to come to this.

"Okay, fine." I reluctantly agree. "But Niall won't be allowed in my office."

"I'll just be with you when your not at work and when you are, I'll be close by." Niall says, his playfulness gone, looking at me with sincere eyes to get me to trust him. 

"I know I could have arranged someone from work to do this but I trust Niall the most." Harry adds and I know he is trying to make me feel more comfortable, which is nice but I still don't like this idea.

"Okay. Well then we better get going Niall, cause I don't want to be late." I say, walking over to grab my coat and bag off the counter.

"I'll see you later?" I say looking up at Harry.

"Until later, baby." He smiles leaning down pressing a kiss on my lips and unfortunately since Niall was here I couldn't take it to how I wanted it to be.

"I love you." I say pressing a kiss on his lips once more before turning around.

"Love you." Harry replies as Niall and I walk out of the kitchen.

As Niall drove us into the city, to my work place, I made the decision on not bothering to even tell Harry about the opportunity of us doing a shoot together. As fun as it might have been, our focus needs to be on our current situation. I appreciate Harry looking after me but who is looking after him? Yes, he's a grown man and very capable of defending himself but still, the worry is still there that something could happen.

"You alright Ryder?" Niall asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I nod turning my head to look at him, my hands fiddling in my lap. Niall briefly looks away from the road and gives me a smile, indicating that he knew better.

I sigh. "No. I'm just worried about Harry."

"Oh Ryder, I understand but you don't know what Harry is fully capable of doing. Trust me, he can protect himself, he has been in similar situations before and-"

"I don't care about his past. Plus, this is different." I gripe. "I'm just worried that he will be too focused on trying to keep me safe that he won't keep his eyes open for his own safety."

"Ryder, everything is going to workout." Niall says, his tone soft.

"I do hope the same thing but it's like you are all forgetting, Harry included," I point out, raising a finger. "That he isn't superman." I frown, looking over at Niall with anxious eyes.

"Harry can still get hurt, nothing is set in stone. No one knows what can really happen. I mean you and I are fine right now, but what if when we turn the corner," I say gesturing out the windshield onto the road ahead of us. "That we won't be hit by a drunk driver, or a bus not stopping at the red light or-"

"Wow wow, babe." Niall says, raising his brows, holding on of his hands up, gesturing me to stop. "You are overreacting. We are okay, nothing has happened. Harry is fine and so are you."

"Yes but-"

"So lets not worry until we have something to worry about."

Something to worry about? Is he crazy? We do have something to worry about. I'm basically a target and he is saying we have nothing to worry about?

"Niall I just..." I stop, letting out a sigh, sagging my shoulders forward in defeat. "I'm just scared."

A second after I feel Niall rest his hand on my knee, giving it a squeeze before smoothing his thumb over my black leather pants. I look at his hand for a short moment before looking up at him.

"I know and it's okay to be, but we are all here." He says coming to a stop at a red light.

"I'm here." Niall adds with a smile, turning to look at me with loyal blue eyes. My lips tug into a smile of my own, feeling slightly better.

"Thank you."

Stepping into the main entrance lobby, out of the cool air, I glance up and immediately spot Hannah standing behind the receptionist desk, next to a black haired girl who was sitting in the leather desk chair in front of the computer.

"Hey," I say approaching them as Hannah pointed to something on the computer screen.

"Oh,hey." Hannah smiles, standing up straight. She was wearing a light blue colored blouse beneath a grey coat, her hair beautiful curled and parted to the side.

"Who's this?" I ask, flicking my attention to the other girl.

"Oh this is Sarah Proctor, she is our new employee."

"Oh, how nice." I say extending my hand for her ti shake. "Nice to meet you Sarah, I'm-"

"Oh I know who you are." She grins, letting go of my hand. "I follow all of your social media and I have all of your magazines appearances." 

"Awe, that is very sweet. Thank you." I nod, appreciatively.

"When I got this job I couldn't believe it. I mean I know it's nothing compared to what you guys do," she says gesturing to Hannah and me. "But I am so excited to be working in the place that I have been obsessing over all through high school.

"I'm just starstruck and I can't wait to see what other opportunities may come." She adds, her blue eyes bright and wild with joy.

I smile. "I'm happy to see you have such optimism and remember, I started out working in a diner so anything is possible."

"Alright Ryder, why don't we leave Sarah to her work," Hannah says walking around from behind the desk. "I have something to show you."

Once we made it up to our office, I keep my intrigued gaze on Hannah as she pushed our door open heading straight towards her desk. The whole elevator ride up to our floor, she spent nervously shifting from feet to feet and now I just want to know why.

"Okay, so what do you want to show me?" I ask once I shut the door and make my way towards her. She fumbled through her purse on her chair before moving around her desk with an object in her hand.

"Look!" She beams, holding up the object with both hands. I furrow my brows before my eyes slowly widen, taking in the pregnancy test.

My lips part. "Hannah...you're-"

"Pregnant!" She excitedly finished for me, smiling wide. "I'm pregnant Ryder."

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" I say reaching over wrapping my arms around her, giving her a tight hug.

"Have you told Shawn?"

"Yes this morning, he completely flipped out with excitement.Tonight we are planning to have you guys over to dinner, including your father so we can tell him."

"What about my...his mother?" I correct. Hannah subtly frowns.

"He wants to have Martha over so that she can know too, but he's scared it won't be a good idea."

I nod.

"Alright girlie girl, let's get to work." Hannah says clapping her hands together before turning away from me.

As I walk over to my desk on the other side of the room my mind wonders on what happened between Martha and my dad. I just don't understand, they were so happy.Martha was so kind to me in the beginning, it was like the sun rose and set with my dad. I guess the days I spent wallowing and out partying during my separation with Harry was too much for her. Maybe, I made her feel like she couldn't control me and she was scared I would get hurt. Maybe I took the time they had to spend alone, spend it instead on waiting for me to get home. Maybe this was my fault, maybe she felt left out and that's why she said all those awful things to my dad and found someone else.

I caused this mess, now my brother is scared to invite his own mom to his house cause my dad will be there.

I shake my head, frowning, and proceed to log onto my computer.

Harry's POV

"Are you coming over to Shawn's tonight?" I ask James, looking down at my phone, sending a text to Ryder. 

"James," I repeat not receiving an an answer. I look up and see him shuffling around his desk, looking through files. "James what are you doing?"

"I'm looking for the wanted poster of Nathan. Considering everything that is going on, I'd figure making copies and having them around would be easier for people to identify him."

"That's a great call." I comment, truthfully. "But does this sudden idea have to do with the fact that you won't make the copies, rather than the person doing them for you?"

"What do you mean?" He asks, briefly looking at me.

"Marilyn." I say, smirking at him.

He blinks at me, shaking his head. "The new assistant? No."

I let out a small laugh between my lips, leaning away from the wall. "Oh come on James, I've seen the way you have been looking at her."

"Harry, she is a new employee and-"

"And a very nice women." I cut him off.

James sighs. "I don't really know much about her, besides, I'm still working through the divorce agreement with Martha."

"Then get to know her." I say, ignoring the last part of his statement.

"I don't have time for that. Besides, I don't want to start something with someone only to have it end and disappoint Ryder."

I purse my lips looking down at my feet deciding it's better that I change the subject. "Well, are you going to Shawn's tonight for dinner?"

"Yes of course. I haven't seen him in a while." He replies distracted.

"Found it." He says pulling a white piece of paper out of a file, smiling.

"I'll be right back." He says striding around his desk towards me.

"I'm sure you will." I say making him roll his eyes and I see a faint smile on his face as he walks out the door.

A vibrate from my phone, distracts me from following James lit his office to tease him further. Glancing down at me phone, I see that Ryder has messaged me back.

From: Ryder

How am I not suppose to feel bad Harry? Shawn is hesitant with asking his own mom to come over to his house. I did this, I caused my dad's relationship to end. Maybe we shouldn't go tonight.

I shake my head and sigh.

Poor Ryder, she should not feel this weight on her shoulders. What her parents decided to do is their decision. I wish I could somehow help them have at least one happy family night together.

Author's Note:

Hello loves!

What do you guys think of this update? What do you think will happen next? What do you think of Niall watching Ryder?

I love you all so much and as always thank you so much for all of your kind words and support! God bless! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 684 31
!Spoilers! The story is based around the Spiderman No Way Home movie The story isn't completely canon Reader x Peter Parker All three Peters will ha...
869K 15.5K 51
Five boys, one gang. Many against them. Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne are one the most feared gangs in London...
28.8K 882 41
Can Jaden forget what happened and move on?? Her whole life she felt was so sour, that was until she found a drop of honey
7M 225K 69
Trust is like a paper, once crumpled; it'll never be the same ever again.