Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 66

2.9K 118 35
By NatalyCanez

Ryder's POV

The faint drops of the late afternoon rain lightly patted against the restaurant window. The rain shower has been on and off today but I don't mind, I love the smell of the rain and I especially love how the colors of the surrounding areas seem to be more pigmented. My casual observing of the pedestrians and cars going by over the wet pavement was brought to a halt when I noticed a man standing across the street.

He was tall, the very first thing I took notice was how broad he was and how his black jacket made him seem even more so. His face was left mostly in the shadows beneath his hood, and by the lack of daylight from the heavy grey clouds. The man was standing by the edge of the sidewalk as others moved around him trying to get by and cross the street. With the way he was standing, his posture straight and wide with his hands down at his sides, made me feel uneasy especially because it seemed as if he was looking in my general direction.

My lips part slightly as I continue to stare.

"Ry....Ryder...Ry!" Katie says calling my attention. I turn my attention away from the window and face her.

"What?" I blink at her.

"Are you alright?" Katie asks me sitting across the table next to Michael. I blink at the both of them before briefly looking next to me at Gavin, who also had a frown on his face.

"What's the matter?" Michael asks as I briefly look down at my hands on the table.

"Nothing." I shake my head while moving my hands off the table and onto my lap.

Katie tilts her head slightly to the side. "Babe, I get you're worried but we're here. Besides, Harry is practically your knight in shining armor. I mean is there something that man can't do?"

My lips tug into a brief smile. "I know but it's just...I feel like I'm going to get taken by a random guy on the street." I explain worriedly.

"I feel like anyone could be the one that send the threat and Harry knows who he is but he won't tell me anything...which frustrates me even more cause I have moments where I feel like I don't know who Harry really is. I feel like I'm getting to know who he is for the first time, well the part that he has kept hidden from me."

"I want to know who this T.S is. I want to know what he wants with Harry. Did Harry do something and now he's seeking revenge? I mean-"

"Wow...wow...wow!" Gavin interrupts raising his hand up in a gesture for me to stop. "Slow your roll. Now I see why Harry didn't say anything, I mean if your worried now..." He suggestively trails.

"Look Ryder, has Harry ever let you down?" Katie asks as I look back over at her.

"No but-"

"Are you happy with him?" Michael interjects, placing his wine glass back on the table next to his empty plate.

"I've never been happier." I truthfully admit, grinning at this morning's sweet shenanigans between Harry and I as they quickly flash through the front of my mind. "But I-"

"Then nothing else should matter." Michael smiles, his freckles more noticeable under the light. "You two are happy, you love each other and that's what you hold on to."

I nod and before I saw him, I sensed him, it's like electricity bolting through my skin.

"Hey guys," Harry greets.  I glance up as he came to a stop at our table.

His short hair was a bit wet, a few strands flopping over his forhead as he smiles brightly over at Katie and Michael before turning to look at me with dazzling blue green eyes.

"Hey baby," He mutters, his voice a bit thick and husky as he leans down pressing a quick kiss on my lips before stepping closer to me, turning his attention over to Gavin.

"Gavin," Harry simply nods eyeing Gavin beside me warily, as his hand moves and rests on the back of my chair. However, I highly doubt this was a causual gesture, this is a claim and it makes me feel even more uneasy.

"Harry." Gavin replies a same short gretting, but he offers a small smile tilting his head to the side and for some strange reason I feel like I'm going to witness a potential murder if we don't get out of here soon.

"Awkward." Michael coughs, making me look over at him, displeased.

"So how are all of you? What are you guys up to?"Harry asks, ignoring Michael's childish comment.

"Nothing much really." Katie shrugs.

"Yeah, just keeping Ryder some company until you got here." Gavin interjects placing his hand on my shoulder giving me a small shake, smiling up at Harry, smugly.

Gavin, please don't tempt the lion.

Harry narrows his eyes slightly as he bites the inside of his cheek.

"Alright Ry, are you ready to go?" Harry asks looking back down at me, his voice soft,  but I know he tried his very best for it to come out that way. Which means, he really isn't asking me if I am ready to go, he is telling me that we should go before I smash his face in.

"Yeah." I nod and move to stand up from the table.

"I'll see you guys later." I say grabbing my coat from the back of the chair. As soon as I said my goodbyes and shrugged my trench coat on, Harry and I walked hand in hand out of the restaurant.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out as soon as we stepped into the cool air.

"For what?" Harry frowns, turning his head to look at me as he tugged us to the left, walking towards the edge of the sidewalk. I look forward and spot his black Dodge Challenger parked on the other side of the street.

"For Gavin. He was just messing with you, that's how he is. I clearly told him that-"

"Baby, it's okay. Don't worry." He shakes his head and his voice made me believe him. However, I could still see a small hint of frustration on his features. I stay quiet as Harry glances both ways of the street waiting for an opportunity for us to cross safely.

"How was work today?" I ask, once we finally got the chance to step off the sidewalk and move our way across the street.

Harry shrugs."Same as usual."

"Have you heard anything of Nathan?" I mutter, eyeing up at him as he digs out his keys and unlocks his car as we approached it.

"Or about...The Sinister?" I hesitantly ask, my voice quiet, as we come to a stop.

"No." He replies, looking a bit displeased, while reaching over to grab the door handle of the passenger door before swinging it open. I frown, not sure if he's mad at me for asking the question or if he's mad that he hasn't had any leads to follow.

"But don't worry, everything will be okay." He quickly adds in a softer voice, meeting my eyes while sending me a small smile. I smile back and he leans down pressing a gently kiss on my lips.

"Now get in the car. It's cold." I nod and step forward before climbing into the car.

A few moments later Harry is buckled in the car beside me and we smoothly head off down the road. Stopping at a red light, Harry reaches over and adjusts the heater below the radio. I glance out the window and see the same man from before standing in the alleyway, feeling my heart skip a beat, but I still can't make out his face.

"Harry...do you know that guy?" I ask, feeling a chill run down my spine. I briefly turn to look at Harry as he turns his head to look out the window, leaning slightly forward in his seat.

"What guy?" He frowns. "There's no one there."

I blink at him and turn my head to look out the window once more, finding that he was correct. The man I saw was gone, leaving the alleyway dark and vacant as ever.

"What? But I-"

"You're just tired, baby." Harry says resting his hand on my leg, giving it a gentle squeeze. "We've had a lot going on lately. You're safe, I promise."

I nod, remaining mute, placing my hand above his on my leg. He smiles, turning his hand, lacing his fingers through mine as the light turns green and we continue on our way home.

When I step out of the bathroom, after taking a warm shower to calm my nerves, I find Harry already in bed. The only light shinning in the room was from the large flat television screen mounted above the fireplace, directly across the bed. Harry was laying on his stomach, facing where our feet should be, with his arms underneath the pillow where his head was resting.

I smile and pat my way over across the cool hardwood floor, dressed in one of his old band shirts.

"You tired?" I grin, kneeling on the mattress before moving closer to him.

"Yeah," He smiles, his voice a bit groggy and thick. "Just a bit."

I giggle, reaching down to place my hands on the back of his shoulders and begin to rub my thumbs into his muscles.

"Ms. Mitchell, are you trying to get sexy with me?" He playfully ask making me laugh.

"Yes sir." I say, stopping my hand work on his shoulders so I could shift and sit on his back before continuing on with giving him a massage.

This man has done so much for me, the least I can do is ease the ache in his muscles.

I frown as I feel his muscles a bit tense and knotted between my fingers and it makes me sad that this is all because of his stress given by our current situation. Harry is such a hard working man and I really wish there was a way I could help him out even more.

"Hmmm, you do love me." Harry comments, as he sighs, sounding relaxed. The corner of my lips pull into a smile.

"Of course I do. With everything in me, Mr.Styles." I lean down, placing my hand on the mattress beside his head and meet my eyes with his. He smiles shyly at me, his eyes half closed with the wave of fatigue washing over him.

"I love you too." He replies. I bite on my lower lip, feeling butterflies in my stomach at his response before leaning over pressing a lingering soft kiss on his lips.

Harry's POV

"Ahhh!" A shriek of terror fills my ears and my sprung open as I jump awake from my sleep, my heart pounding heavily against my chest.

What the hell?

It takes only a few seconds for me to turn my head and realize that it was Ryder, who was laying beside me, still fully asleep with tears running down her cheeks.

"Ryder," I say sitting up in bed, reaching down placing my hand on her shoulder making her whimper.

"Baby, wake up. You're okay." I say, shaking her. "Wake up."

"Ryder, Ryder, wake up."

Ryder jolts beneath my touch, as her eyes snap open, looking frantically around before they land on me.

"Shh, you're okay." I mutter, gently smoothing at her hair, trying to erase the wild terror in her eyes. "Don't cry, it was a dream." I say, brushing away the tears off her cheeks with the back of my fingers.

She shakes her head. "He's coming to get me. I couldn't...I couldn't get away. He was mad and...it hurt so bad and..."

"Shh, shh, no. It was just a dream, come here." I gently order her as I move and sit up against the head board. She sniffs and gets up to shift herself onto my lap. Once she does, I wrap my arms around her as she nuzzles into my chest. 

"It was so real." She whimpers, making my face scrunch up, hearing the pain in her voice.

"You're safe. I'm here." I mutter pressing a kiss on her head.

It took Ryder almost a full hour to fall asleep again, but I'm happy now that she is snoozing in my arms. Lifting my head off the headboard I reach over and grab my phone on the lamp stand. Once I find the right contact, I bring it to my ear.

"Harry?" Niall asks, his sounding groggy sand tired.

"Hey," I mutter, making sure to keep my voice quiet.

"Dude, it's two in the morning. What the hell could you want now?"

I roll my eyes. "Niall, please I need your help."

"Okay...what is it?" He sighs, hearing the worried tone in my voice and I am greatful. Feeling relieved that he is here for me, I dive into my plan.

Author's Note:

Hey loves! How are all of you doing?

Thank you sooo much for all of your love! You have no idea how much each of you mean to me, I adore you all. Thank you so much for all of your comments, messages and kind words. Now, I was wondering if you could do me a favor?

I was wondering if you guys could check out my poetry book if you haven't. I promise I'll update as soon as I can but I just would love to get your opinion on that as well.

So what do you think Harry's plan is? Who do you think is following them?

Promise I'll update soon. Don't forget to check out the trailer cause I love it and hope you do too :)

Love you Always and Forever xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
24.4K 490 20
"Look lanky boy, I'm not going to fall for your fuck boy tricks that you used on the cereal box this morning" I say staring deeply into his eyes "Oh...
3.8M 27K 59
When Louis Tomlinson comes home to live in the house he and his little sister own, together he will also bring One Direction to live there too. Darcy...
3.7M 124K 39
He was destined to be evil; it was in his blood. He was destined to kill; it was in his blood. But destiny takes a turn when he does the unexpected...