Whilst the boyfriends away

By kaylsxo

Here, there and everywhere with work my boyfriend Charlie is rather quick to make me his last priority, and a... More

Whilst the boyfriends away
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80
81.
82.
83.
Epilogue
Sequel?

64.

91.8K 1.6K 140
By kaylsxo

It's two o'clock and I've only managed about an hours sleep. I feel terrible for tossing and turning but it's impossible to sleep with this much discomfort. I kept fighting it for another hour before I eventually caved in, If I lay here any longer I'm going to wake Aston.

I tip-toed into the bathroom just across the hall making sure the door shut tight behind me, the last thing I want is a fuss from his parents. I feel so uncomfortable being in this situation in someone else's house, as welcoming as they are it's not home. I don't know what to do! I stood at the sink looking back at my reflection in the mirror, my usually tanned face is now white as a sheet. All of a sudden the pains got worse, I could feel my stomach tightening and the aching turn into cramps sharp enough to have me in tears.

"Ohhh," I groaned wrapping my arms around my waist.

Falling to the floor in agony I tucked my knees up to my chest and laid my head on the side of the bath, not only are these cramps unbearable but I'm terribly dizzy.

Three taps quietly rattled the door.

"Kayleigh?" Aston whispered easing it open.

"Aston," I called.

"Baby, what is it?" he asked rushing over and sitting beside me.

"I can't cope anymore."

"Shh don't cry, I'm here now," he said wrapping his arms around me.

"They're just getting worse," I sobbed.

"I bet they never eased did they?"

"I thought they would."

"Come on, I'm not watching you like this. I'll wake Dad and get you to hospital."

As he attempted to lift me up onto the toilet I felt a weird sensation in between my legs, similar to the one I experience every month. I felt my pyjama bottoms and looked at my hand covered in blood, something's not right. I'm not due on my period for another week!

"Aston, wait," I whimpered.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm bleeding."

"Oh shit," he gasped.

"That's not right," I mumbled continuing to sob.

"No, we need to get you there now," he said scooping me up in his arms.

Carrying me downstairs as quick as he could his footsteps alone woke up Steve and Siobhan. Sitting down on the dining room chair so he could fetch his phone, keys and a couple of coats I looked down to my trousers now in a complete mess.

"What's going on?" Steve asked wrapped in his dressing gown.

"I need to take her to hospital, she's bleeding."

"Oh my goodness, Steve drive them," Siobhan ordered.

"Come on babe," Aston said hooking my arm over his shoulder.

"I'll walk, it's fine."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded keeping most of my weight on Aston and not my feet.

"Call me as soon as you can, please," Siobhan asked standing at the front door seeing us off.

"Yeah, I will Mum."

I sat on a towel in the back of the car with Aston wrapped up in one of Courtney's coats, the heating on full blast as Steve put his foot down. I'm still in agony, every so often another cramp will strike and buckle me over on Aston's lap.

"It's not far now," he said gripping my hand.

"I'm so scared."

"It will be alright, you'll be in the best hands."

"Don't leave me,"

"I won't, I'll be by your side the whole time."

Shortly arriving at the hospital Steve stopped outside the main entrance for us to head inside whilst he found a space. Aston eventually persuaded me to sit in a wheelchair and took me through to the emergency department, practically demanding to be seen.

"Come through and I'll ask a doctor to see you as soon as possible," the nurse smiled taking us into another waiting room.

"Please, she's been in pain for hours," Aston pleaded.

"Aston, they can't drop everything for me," I said.

"Your situation is more important than a broken bone."

"But not as important as a stroke."

He sat down beside me tapping his foot in anticipation. I concentrated on breathing through these cramps, I feel bad enough as it is surrounded by other patients without screaming and shouting. For three o'clock in the morning this waiting room is rather busy, but luckily we only had to wait five or ten minutes.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Scott. I'm just going to take you a bed so we can get you checked over."

"Okay."

"How long have you had these pains?"

"I don't know, all evening."

"Have they got any worse at all?"

"Yeah, I'm in a lot more pain now."

"She's started bleeding," Aston added.

"When did you notice this?"

"About an hour ago," I shrugged.

"Okay then, I think we should give you an internal examination."

Settled in a room away from everyone else for privacy I was given chance to get undressed behind the curtain with Aston. Slipping on a gown I climbed on the bed as the doctor returned. I've always hated the idea of an internal examination and certainly never imagined needing one but right now I don't think I have a choice. With a thin sheet covering me I held Aston's hand and tried to distract my mind.

"Are you alright babe?" Aston asked.

"Hmm, I'm trying not to think about it."

"Look at me," he whispered holding my hand to his mouth. "I thought we could look at some houses soon."

"Yeah," I nodded.

"I've looked online, there's a one not far from here. It looks lovely in the pictures."

"What's it like?"

"It's got a big garden, conservatory, three bedrooms."

"Three bedrooms and a conservatory?"

"I thought you might want a dressing room but if you'd rather not I'm sure I can find a use for it."

"I can imagine it now," I chuckled.

Striking a pain in my stomach I gripped onto Aston's hand as the Doctor then finished.

"Okay, I'm done for now. Make yourself more comfortable," the Doctor smiled.

"Is that everything?" Aston asked.

"Internally yes, but you're going to need a blood test and possibly another examination."

"Oh.."

"Try not to worry."

"Is she okay though?"

"The nurse will be with you in a moment to do your blood test, she'll give you some pain relief and whatever else you require. I'll discuss the results with you later."

"Okay, thank you," I smiled.

"Get yourself comfortable, I'll cover you up," Aston said pulling the bed sheets over me as I laid back down.

"It's going to be a long night isn't it?"

"I think so babe."

"Is your Dad still outside?"

"Yeah, he'll be fine. I'll go and talk to him once you're settled."

"I should ring my parents."

"I'll let everyone know in the morning, don't worry about that. There's not much we can tell them now."

"I suppose not."

Arriving with her equipment a petite nurse introduced herself as Katie standing beside my bed.

"I'll give you some pain relief and then I'd like to ask you a few questions if that's okay?"

"That's fine."

I watched as she injected some pain relief into my arms, surprisingly I can cope with needles. It's just as well really because I'm sure this will be the first of many.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Doctor Scott said you've had these pains all evening, can you tell me more about when they started?"

"Yeah, I had a bit of an accident."

"What sort of accident?"

"Well it was more of a disagreement with my ex-boyfriend."

"So there was violence?"

"I ended up being thrown across the coffee table."

"Right."

"It wasn't so bad at the time, I just felt winded."

"So it was just the impact of the fall that effected your stomach."

"Yeah, and a broken glass," I said showing my arm.

"Okay, and the pain progressed?"

"It started off as just an ache but the longer I've put off coming here the worse it's got."

"How long have you been bleeding?"

"I only bled after the cramps, that's when we came here."

"Okay, well I'm going to take a blood test and go from there."

"Surely you have an idea of what's wrong?" Aston asked.

She hesitated before looking back to me.

"Is there a chance you could be pregnant?"

"What?" I stuttered.

"I don't want to alarm you but I have to ask you these questions because of the pains and symptoms you're having."

"I'm on the pill, we've always been safe," I replied looking to Aston.

"What are you saying?" he asked.

"I can't tell you anything for sure until we get the results back, as soon as we find out facts you'll be the first to know. I assure you."

~♥️~

As always, please vote for more :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Without You By Jeem

Teen Fiction

1K 27 10
This is where I'm supposed to introduce myself as the shy, nerdy girl. Then introduce the other protagonist of the story, who's a charismatic hot guy...
9.1K 228 50
Two different people, belonging to two different countries, spoke different languages but felt a strong attraction towards each other. Was it love? P...
208 13 20
I don't know. I have the best life. I have a boyfriend and a big house and loving parents and amazing friends. I just don't know I feel trapped and I...
780K 73.4K 94
{Completed} My name is Miracle. I got that name when I was fourteen. I can't remember my family. I can't remember my friends. I can't remember anyth...