I'd tell you, but then I'd ha...

By MadelineMaria

What is the definition of an assassin? əˈsasɪn/ noun A person who murders an important person for political... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5: Attack Part 2
Chapter 6: Attack Part 3
Chapter 7: Unexpected
Chapter 8: Mission Revealed
Chapter 9: Another city
Chapter 10: Complicated
Chapter 11: The Gym
Chapter 12: 20 Questions
Chapter 13: A band called Little Mix Part 1
Chapter 14: A band named Little Mix Part 2
Chapter 15: Suspicion
Chapter 16: Because
Chapter 17: Agent Dipshit
Chapter 18: Explanations
Chapter 19: Ed
Chapter 20: Zayn
Chapter 21: Deep Sleep
Chapter 22: Sitting in a room..
Chapter 23: TRAINING
Chapter 24: The Chair
Chapter 25: Childhood
Chapter 26: Welcome
Chapter 27: First Day Part 1
Chapter 28: First Day Part 2
Chapter 29: First Day Part 3
Chapter 30: Boys
Chapter 31: Hello?
Chapter 32: Perrie's secret
Chapter 33: Change
Chapter 34: Runaway
Chapter 35: Clues
Chapter 36: University
Chapter 37: The blind man's story
Chapter 38: Washington
Chapter 39: Frosty Place
Chapter 40: Nightmare
Chapter 41: Search
Chapter 42: Turn your face
Chapter 43: Mummy?
Chapter 44: Gone
Chapter 45: Change
Chapter 46: Fucked up
Chapter 47: It's a long way to Tipperary
Chapter 48: Home
Chapter 49: The tape
Chapter 51: Sass attack
Chapter 52: Remember?
Chapter 53: Mission Accepted
Chapter 54: Final Mission (Part 1)
Chapter 55: Final Mission (Part 2)
Chapter 56: Final Mission (Part 3)
Chapter 57: Final Mission (Part 4)
WHO WANTS AN EPILOGUE?!
Epilogue : Mourning

Chapter 50: Funeral

2.9K 85 1
By MadelineMaria

I put on my mother's old, black dress that she'd wear almost 24/7, that went down to just below my knees and had 3/4 sleeves. It was a simple dress, but it always made mum look beautiful and collected. It was her favourite.

I tied my hair back into a bun, and used a long brown wig from my old dressing up box and put it on (there were to be a lot of spies at the funeral and I didn't want them to know I died my hair purple, I needed to remain unrecognised when need be). The wig was almost exactly like what my hair used to be like, straight and chocolatey, but it reached down a bit further to the bottom of my hips. I didn't put in my purple eye contacts either, or any piercings apart from my ear lobes which had big, golden feathers hanging down. 

I didn't bother with much make up either, knowing that there was a massive probability that I'd cry, so I put on some blusher and mascara before slipping on my black heels.

The day where I watched my father's tape was a week ago, and every second of every day, I refused to think about it. I needed to plan mum's funeral instead, which took up most of my hours anyway. When I first began to plan the funeral, I invited everybody in my mother's phone book, but I wouldn't be surprised if more came; she was a very popular and likable woman. 

I'd also managed to book the grave yard my mother wanted, the one that overlooked the beach. I'd gotten her an amazing spot on top of a hill where the sun shined through the sycamore cherry blossom trees. 

DING.

I checked my phone to see a text from Vanessa. We were still calling eachother our 'fake' names, and we'd made the boys do it as well. We'd told them to introduce us to people as Robyn and Danielle, but when they need to book us a flight or are talking about us when others are around and we aren't there or something like that, they'd call us Anna and Vanessa. We did this because everybody in the assassin world knew who 'Robyn Jones' was, and if they knew where I was (eg, aeroplane or restaraunt) they could attack, whereas they had no clue or interest to who Anna Browning was. We called Danielle Vanessa though because we didn't want Beckitt to find her.

'Hey hon, 
      the boys, Paul, Belle and I are leaving the hotel now. See you there and I hope you're alright.
-V xxx'

'Hope you're alright.'

Those words were beginning to make me feel sick. They were following me where ever I went; on the phone, in meetings, around friends... To be honest, when people asked me if I was alright, it made me feel worse. They shouldn't have been concerned about me, they knew my mother as well, I should be asking if they were okay.

I chucked my phone into my side purse without bothering to reply and set the alarm before running out of the house, making sure I wouldn't be inside when the lasers turned on. That'd've been a sticky situation to be in.

As soon as I walked down the stairs from my house, a thought occured to me. How the hell was I supposed to get there? I'd been so forgetful lately, which was unusual due to the fact that it was my job to remember things.

I had, like, 50 strings attached to my fingers to remind me of my schedual. Which reminded me, I needed to pay a visit to Zoe, the girl who faultered with my alarm system.

"Shit..." I muttered to myself as I pulled out my phone to call a taxi.

The cab got here at least 10 minutes later, although the taxi centre was a two minute drive away. That's Swansea for you.

After the surprisingly short ride, I slugged out of the taxi, payed the man and walked towards the graveyard where my mum would be buried.

I squeezed into the church to see about 100 or more people standing outside and 100 more inside. I didn't invite all of these people?

As soon as the church door shut behind me, I saw a couple of people turn to look at me with sympathetic looks, making my stomach lurch. I was not a huge fan of sympathy.

I nodded to them with the best smile I could muster and walked towards Paul, who had isolated himself from everybody else. I stepped next to him and looked in the same direction he was. "Hey, Paulo."

"Hey, kiddo," he said, giving me a fake smile but stilled looks forward, gazing at all the people.

"You okay?"

He gave off a little chuckle, "shouldn't I be asking you?"

"No," I replied, "please don't."

"Get that a lot now, do you?" He chuckled.

"Far too much," I answered, looking around to see that more people had noticed my presence, so I gave them a few nods as a greeting. "Where are the others?"

"Probably looking for you, they disappeared a while ago."

"Hmm, and why are there so many people?"

"Well, you invited quite a lot, I guess, and then they must've brought their friends who knew Jen, and then they brought their friends-"

"Got it," I chuckled, trying to keep the mood light.

"There are probably a few who just heard of her death and wanted to come to the 'famous assassin' funeral... I also think that a lot of students from Browning High came as well."

"Really?" I asked, looking around some more, when I noticed a few students that I used to be quite familiar with. "Oh, yeah…"

"Oooh! Before I forget, there's a surprise here for you," Paul informed me.

"Really?" I sighed. I didn't need anymore surprises.

"Don't worry, I think you'll like it."

"Still, this isn't exactly the best place for surprises, you know?" I murmured, finally looking at him as he turned to face me as well.

"I understand, but I don't think it was available at any other time so…"

"Hey, have you got the finger print results yet?" I asked, changing the subject quickly.

"No, the computer at KAA is still looking through the data. Any ideas yet?" He asked, turning back around and people watching.

"Nope, not a clue," I popped. "Who are you looking for?"

"Hmm?"

"Who are you looking for? You're looking around like a hawk looking for it's prey."

"Oh anybody really. The boys, Belle, Vanessa…"

"Or any unexpected turn ups?" I asked.

"How did you know?" He teased, nudging me softly. I just tapped my nose twice, making him chuckle.

"Can everybody gather around please?!" A man wearing a black dress (or robe, whatever you want to call it) said at the front of the church, catching everybody's attention. Everybody turned their heads towards the man and crowded around him, Paul and I at the front.

"This is just a reminder that we will start in about 10 minutes, and that we'll meet in the room through there-" he pointed towards a door behind an old couple who I recognised as my old neighbours, Mr and Mrs Gwyn." - The service will take about 30 minutes, including the burial. There are a few drinks by the front doors if needed as well. Thank you."

Everybody scattered again and I saw Paul looking down at his phone. "What's up?"

"Your surprise is ready," he answered plainly.

"Paul, seriously, I don't think this is the right time for surp-"

"Just go, Robyn. It's down the hallway..." he ordered, pointing me over to another door. 

I sighed and dragged myself to the doors, greeting people and being polite. Once I got to the doors, my smile was gone and I huffed as I slouched down the corridor.

Where was the surprise?

As I got further and further away from the quiet, yet hearable room full of guests, the more silent it became.

I continued to walk and then I gave up, not in the mood for games. "Hello?" I called out, but nobody replied so I huffed again, fed up, and continued to walk. "Hello?!"

I walked past numerous blue doors and the corridor never seemed to end. "Guys?!" I yelled out frustrated.

I frowned as I suddenly heared yells and calls for help from a room somewhere ahead in the corridor. Instinctively, I ran to the sound and heared it getting louder and louder. "Hello?!"

"Help! ROBYN HELP US!" I heared a familiar voice yell out... Niall?

Waisting no time, I bolted down the hallway banging on doors and checking to see where they were. "BOYS?!" I yelled, panicking.

"ROBYN, IN HERE!" Harry screamed. I looked at the final door in the corridor and ran towards it as fast as I could. I slammed into it and twisted the door knob, but it didn't seem to budge. "THE DOOR IS LOCKED! ROBYN QUICK!" Louis screamed like a girl.

"EVERYBODY STEP AWAY FROM THE DOOR!" I ordered, taking a couple steps back.

"WH-" I ran into the door with my shoulder but it only made a small 'clicking noise' telling me I'd failed. I tried again and again, but no luck, so I ran down the hallway a bit and flew towards the door. When I got about a metre away from it, I jumedp and threw out my foot. I closed my eyes as the door fell down and I landed on top of it, landing on my feet like a cat. I stood up immediatley and looked around to see 5 boys smirking at me.

"GUYS WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!" I screamed, but they smiled even more. "YOU SCARED ME TO DEATH, YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE IN TROUBLE! I'VE HAD ENOUGH FUCKING HEART ATTACKS-"

"Ahem..." somebody coughed behind me and I wasted no time as I span around, curved my ankle and foot and whacked the man in the back of his knee with my foot. When he fell to the floor, I looked down at him and saw a familiar flop of black hair. "Wha...?"

"Damn, gurl, you're still the same," another male voice sassed. Chad?

I looked up and saw a small crowd of familiar faces. "Oh. My. Days."

I glanced back down at the floor and covered my wide open mouth, "Ian I'm so sorry!" I laughed, bending down and checking to see if he had any injuries. "Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," he groaned, getting up and dusting himself off. He gave me a big grin and wrapped me in a hug. We let go of eachother and I could feel a genuin smile plastered my face. "Oh my, God, you guys!"

I stepped away from Ian and wrapped Caleb, James, Ethan, Dylan, Chad and Zac into a group hug before moving onto Marcel and finally, Eleanor.

"How are you guys here!?" 

"Our school holidays are earlier than muggle school holidays so we're unnoticed more," Eleanor explained.

"But... how? Beckitt would never let you leave the school grounds..." I whispered his name with such anger and hatred I felt my nails digging into my hands.

"Doesn't know we're here!" Chad chuckled at me and slung an arm around me.

I span around to see Harry, Louis, Niall, Liam, Zayn, Belle and Danielle watching our reunion. "Dani, did you know about this?!" I asked.

"Well duh, otherwise I'd be freaking out as well!"

"Thank you guys so much for coming!" I sighed to everybody in the room, "it means a lot."

"We would never miss it, Robyn. We're here for you,' Eleanor said to me, stepping to the other side of me (Chad's arm was still firmly around my shoulder).

I noticed Louis looking at Eleanor with admiring eyes and I automatically gave him a creepy smile, to which he just looked at me confused and glanced away quickly.

He knew what I meant.

I also looked towards Danielle and saw she was standing awfully close to Liam.

Ahh, I some young love blossoming here, eh?

I gave the GHT friends another hug and went up to Harry, Liam, Niall, Louis and Zayn. I looked up at them all and smiled but when they smile back I smacked them all in their heads, firmly.

"Eh! What was that for?!" Zayn groaned, rubbing his head.

"For scaring the living shit out of me!" I hissed, huffing again.

I heared people laugh behind me and I realise something; this was the first time I'd been remotely happy since... the beggining of my mission? That couldn't be right...

Well, let's refresh...

1. Beginning of mission.
2. Constantly worrying about the boy's safety.
3. Zayn in hospital.
4. Kidnapped.
5. Ran away.
6. Constantly missed everbody in London and wondered if they cared about me.
7. Mum's death.
8. Zayn incident.
9. Visiting old house.
10. The tape.
11. Now.

So overall, a pretty eventfull year, ouí?

"I should go back and greet some guests, you guys coming?" I asked walking out the room.

"Yeah,' they all replied, following me.

As we walked back, I noticed the sudden change in mood. They all seemed too afraid to speak to me, as though I'd snap. Nobody was walking beside me either... they realised that I should be alone, and I adored them for that.

Call me creepy, but I could tell what order they were walking in due to the sound of their footsteps; Ian, Dylan and Chad were directly behind me, Liam and Danille were paired and so were Louis and Eleanor - although Marcel was trying to catch up to speed with the two -, and Niall, Harry and Zayn were walking with Zac, Ethan, Caleb and James.

I pushed through the door at the end of the corridor and snook my way in without being noticed; everybody was too busy talking to eachother.

"Will everybody proceed to enter through those doors now, please?" The same man as earlier commanded loudly.

I took in a deep breath and felt a warm presence beside me. I looked up at Zayn and he took my hand, smiling comfortingly down at me. I gave a shakey smile back and we walked towards the doors slowly, the gang following behind.

Here it goes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.6K 4.5K 45
Louis Tomlinson. A normal name of a normal guy. You'd think that, but it's far from the truth. Louis is the leader of the most wanted Gang in the Uni...
587K 15.6K 54
* THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE & EXPLICIT CONTENT* Please refer to the list of possible triggers and kinks. Harry Styles. Twenty-Five. Green eyes. On...
8.7K 245 26
She's known as the Angel of Death. Being the best agent in the whole syndicate. Number one Killer in the city. All those crumble down because of on...
13.9K 705 15
Pasadena. A small place in the big world. A small place that hides one of the most wanted criminals in the world, the criminal wants four of the five...