I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 41.

143K 982 54
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

I sat at my kitchen table, the cup of tea in my hand had gone cold ages ago but I was reluctant to put it down. I sat thinking, not moving just thinking. My gaze moved on from the garden to the mobile phone in front of me. It lay there lifeless as it had been for the past week or so. No calls, texts or voicemails. Absolutely nothing from no-one, I tried not to think of the reasons but for some reason my mind played different scenarios in my head which caused me to shiver at the prospect of some of them. The doorbell rang awakening my body from its absent minded state. I finally set the cup of tea down on the table and dawdled over to the front door. I peered into the peep hole before unlocking the several locks on bolts on the door, I may live in the middle of nowhere but I was still extremely paranoid.

"Delilah?"

"That's me." I smiled back.

"I guess this is for you then, where do you want it?" The delivery man asked.

"Uh, could you put it in the front room please?" I asked, hesitant to let anyone in who I didn't know.

"Sure, you live here by yourself?" He asked as he lifted the box with ease and set it down in the front room.

"Yep." I simply answered.

"Don't you get lonely?" He asked literally.

"Nope." I lied, it does get lonely, sometimes I wonder what I'm still doing here, I wasn't enjoying it as much anymore.

"Oh, well I guess everyone likes different surroundings."

"Yeah, I guess they do." My mind flicked to other thoughts, not surrounding the brand new TV set in a box in my front room or the delivery guy walking out of my house.

"I just need you to sign this please." He said handing over a clipboard, I scribbled my elaborate signature on the dotted line, this is the part in films where people sign their lives over, I looked too much in depth at everything, I was only signing to say I had received the TV. I shook the random thoughts out of my head and handed him the clipboard back.

"Thanks, bye!" He shouted jogging down the path.

"Bye." I replied swinging the front door shut and bolting all the locks, my paranoia present again. I walked into the front room and just stared at the box, I'm not exactly strong, and how the heck was I going to get this on my wall? Nevertheless I ripped open the cardboard box and threw the packaging everywhere.

"Almost there." I breathed heavily as I was almost finished screwing the TV to the wall, I was stood one legged on a chair on my tip toes as the TV was resting on my shoulder as I screwed it into the wall. This is when a man's presence would be so useful. I screwed the last screw into the wall and carefully planted both feet on the chair and allowed the TV to stand freely without my support.

"Finally." I said breathing a heavy sigh of relief. I hopped down of the chair and starting packing up the rubbish that I had managed to make. I carried the box into the kitchen and piled all the rubbish into it, I was about to put it outside when I head a massive crash.

"Please no, please please, don't do this to me." I whined as I rushed back into the front lounge. My worst fears came true, I looked at the smashed TV lying in pieces on my floor. All the hard work and money is now lying in pieces on the floor. I picked up the still intact remote and threw it at the screen smashing it even more, now even the remote was in pieces. I don't know what came over me, I guess I was just annoyed. I groaned loudly out of annoyance as I slumped onto the sofa, I swear nothing in my life ever goes according to plan. I was waiting for the perfect movie scene to take place, this is the part where Harry turns up on my doorstep armed with bunches of flowers, ready to whisk my away forever, but the doorstep remained empty and my phone remained lifeless. I threw my head into a cushion and managed to refrain myself from screaming, but I couldn't stop the tears, this was frustrating, confusing, what had I done? Harry promised he would call every day and he did, for the first two weeks, I haven't heard from him at all since, he wouldn't answer my calls or texts either, had he forgotten about me? I twisted the promise ring around my finger reading the inscription; I promise to love you forever. If you really meant that Harry where are you?

Harry's POV

"Photo-shoot, radio interview and a small gig." Our manager informed us on what we were doing today in London town.

"What radio station?" Niall asked.

"Radio 1, with Fearne Cotton." He replied turning away to finish his managerial work. I flicked my phone out of my pocket and scanned my messages, my phone never stopped beeping and vibrating, it had grown so annoying I just ignored them all. I clicked into twitter and scanned through tweets and mentions before putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Spoken to Delilah lately?" Liam asked sitting down next to me on the sofa in the offices.

"Yeah, sort of." I lied.

"When did you last speak to her?" He asked biting into an apple.

"Uh..." I said, my mind had gone totally blank, how long had it been since I last spoke to her? I always put it off, saying I'll do it tomorrow but the next day I would find I was always too tired and leave it to the next day and the cycle just repeated. I felt guilt mount up in the bottom of my stomach.

"I thought you were in love?" He quizzed.

"We are." I stated.

"Then why haven't you spoken to her recently?"

"I'm too tired."

"That's a rubbish reason, are you guys fighting?"

"No."

"Not yet anyway."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked getting in a huff.

"Hey, what's going on?" Louis asked walking over trying to calm the situation.

"Lover boy here hasn't spoken to Delilah for a while." Liam said sarcastically.

"Ooo Harry, you're gonna be in the sin bin when we see her soon." Louis joked.

"Will it really be that bad?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"I don't think she's gonna take you ignoring her lightly." He stated.

"It's just so stressful, to have a relationship and this career." I admitted.

"You're not thinking of breaking up with her are you?" Louis asked turning serious.

"No." I sighed. "It's just I want her to understand that it's hard for me."

"Have you told her that?" Liam interjected.

"Well no."

"Ignoring her isn't giving her the right message, you need to tell her. As soon as possible." He stated firmly.

"What if she won't talk to me?" I whimpered like a lost puppy.

"You don't know unless you try." Louis said patting my back for encouragement. "Just get it over and done with, they'll be less to worry about then." He finished, I sighed giving in and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

Delilah's POV

"I GOT POCKET GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE, I'VE GOT A LOVE THAT I KNOW THAT IS ALL MI-" I was busy dancing around after finally cleaning up the wreckage on my front room floor. I turned my speakers up and sung along to the song, it was like a remake of Easy A. I was interrupted by the ringing off my phone, I was startled at the sound, I hadn't heard it in over a week so it took my brain a while to recognise the ringing. I legged it to the kitchen only to find it had already gone to voicemail. I checked my missed calls; Harry. Typical, the one time he rings and I don't answer. I was about to set my phone back down until it started ringing again, his name flashed on the screen, I wanted to be angry at him but his flashing name sent butterflies into my gut. I was so caught up in my trance I almost forgot to pick up.

"Hello?" I answered a little unsure into the phone.

"Hey." He replied, he wasn't overly chirpy which worried me. "We need to talk." He said before I could say anything else.

"I know." I replied, although I had no idea what he was going to say.

"I'm a bad boyfriend." He said, I didn't know what to say back to that because right now he wasn't wearing the best boyfriend badge in my eyes. "I know I promised I would call." He sighed, breathing into the phone. I took a seat at the kitchen table, ready for a long conversation.

"But?" I asked sternly.

"But." I heard him sigh again. "I can't lie to you. Honestly this is so stressful, having a relationship and career."

"Are you breaking up with me?" I butt in.

"Hear me out." He replied, he didn't deny it, I could feel my heart sinking into the pit of my stomach and I could feel a lump rising in my throat. "I was so busy with work that I thought I would just ring you the next day, but the cycle kept repeating."

"Why couldn't you just text to let me know? You never replied to a single text I sent. I know it was only just longer than a week but you completely shut me out, do you know how that feels?" I asked getting upset at this stage.

"No, I don't." He admitted. "But I feel incredibly guilty about it now."

"I was worried about you and you seemed like you didn't care."

"Of course I care, you're always on my mind."

"Clearly not, or else you would have made an attempt to speak to me." I said standing my ground.

"Delilah, it's not that easy."

"Why isn't it? It takes two seconds to pick up the phone and call or text. I did."

"I know but my mind is racing, I'm focused on my career, you know how important it is to me."

"I know, but I thought I was important to you to." I said the tears spilling out of my eyes.

"Delilah, don't cry." He said sighing down the phone again.

"Why? Are my emoticons making you feel guilty?" I sniffled. "Why don't you just break up with me instead of dragging out some long explanation?"

"I don't want to break up with you, Delilah that's not what I'm saying."

"It sounds like you are."

"Delilah please I'm not-" He started to reply but was cut off by someone shouting at him telling him they had to go. "I have to go."

"Go then." I replied.

"Delilah, please don't be like this, I'll see you in a week, we can talk then."

"Fine, tell the boys I said hi."

"Okay, bye. I love you." He replied before hanging up, his voice was changing pitch like he was beginning to cry, he didn't even let me tell him I loved him back. I dropped the phone onto the kitchen table and rested my head in my hands and let the tears flow. At least me and Harry were together for now, they say every couple goes through a rocky patch, I just hope that's all it was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 55 33
Music is her everything and she has her future all planned. She will stop at nothing to go to the school of her dreams but will the perfect boy get i...
1.4K 23 8
Amna and her best friend Mackenzie think their lives are going perfectly, until a special boyband come's to their school, and everyone is drooling ov...
4.3K 193 33
The typical high school Harry fanfic! *ON HOLD* All Rights Reserved To @larryoverall