I Didn't Mean It (Doctor Who)

By fangirl_with_a_box

Some people may say she was a hero, but to her, she will always be the opposite. She will always be the girl... More

I Didn't Mean It
Ch.2: I Fall Off a Roof
Ch.3: A Beautitul Little Fool
Ch.4: Dancing in the Dark
Ch.6: Lurking in the Shadows
Ch.7: House of Memories
Ch.8: The Twilight Zone
Ch.9: In High Heels
Ch.10: Space Mountain
Ch.11: Goodbye Cruel World
Ch.12: Moonage Daydream
Author's Note
Ch.13: Unsinkable
Ch.14: Don't Let Go
Ch.15: 2,200 Souls
Ch.16: Cold as Ice
Ch.17: Salt Shakers
Ch.18: Truth
Ch.19: "I Didn't Mean It"
Ch.20: Side Effects May Include...
Ch.21: The End
Epilogue

Ch.5: Dream On

5.6K 318 95
By fangirl_with_a_box

Recap: "See I got us out of here easy! A little bit too easy..." He said, trailing off at the end.

Suddenly something black came springing out of the shadows, tackling the Doctor to the ground.

"Doctor!" I shouted, sprinting towards him.

I screamed as I went flying to the ground.

~oOo~

I struggled to see the creature on top of me, but my vision was blurring. All I saw was a vague black creature, like the fake soldiers we had seen earlier. I felt slight pain in my arms, realizing the creature had slashed me again.

"Doctor!" I screamed.

"Alice! Whatever you do, don't...fall asleep! They...have...venom...in their...claws to make you...pass out!" I heard the Doctor slur, "Just... keep...fighting them!".

I struggled against the Xylima's strong grip, but my body was growing weaker. Every muscle was relaxing for sleep. My eyelids felt heavy, as if someone was pulling them shut. I felt just as dazed as I did the first time I got attacked.

"Doctor!" I yelped, sounding weak and groggy. There was no answer. I craned my neck over to where the Doctor was lying limply on the ground, unconcious. The creature attacking him had gone.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Oh, great. Now I'm left to figure out how to get us out of this.".

My hearing was shorting out, as if it were a broken record on a turntable. The effects of the scratch only continued to worsen, but I slowly managed to reach out my hand, getting an idea. In the Doctor's limp, outstretched hand, lay his sonic screwdriver. I had seen him use it before; it could be used for almost anything.

I strained every bone in my fingertips, reaching as far as I could towards it. I could hear the little time I had to get out of here ticking away in my ears. It looked as if there were a thousand screwdrivers, all whirling in circles. I feebly grabbed the one I assumed was real, when I felt the Doctor roll over onto my hand, crushing it.

I opened my mouth in a silent scream of agony, eyes crossing momentarily, before yanking my hand out, sonic screwdriver clasped tightly inside, drawing my hand back to my body. I gathered all the strength I had left to point the sonic to the ceiling above, hearing it satisfyingly start to crack.

The creature looked up, distracted by the cracking sounds. I took this chance to wriggle out from underneath its grip, just in time as a part of the ceiling gave way, crushing the creature under its weight. It exploded into black dust.

"Now what?" I slurred, stumbling over my own feet. I hadn't thought about how I'd get both me and the unconcious Doctor out of here.

I reluctantly grabbed the Doctor's hands and dragged him across the ground, groaning. He was covered in blackened scratch marks, and I assumed I was, too.

"Just...a little...longer..." I breathed, groggy with sleep. "You're most likely the smartest man in the universe, saving universes on a daily basis, but you're also the heaviest!" I sighed exasperatedly, as if I expected him to answer.

After what seemed like hours, I finally dragged my way into the light. My ears rung and my head spun as I collapsed to the ground, feeling sleep catch up to me. My eyes fluttered closed.

~oOo~

"Alice!" I heard my mom shout from the hallway.

"Not now, mom!" I shouted back, breathing in my book.

"Alice!!!" My mom said louder.

"Not now-" I began to shout, but trailed off as I saw my mom walk into my room, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Mom...What's wrong?" I asked softly.

"They've found me. We need to get out of here. You need to get out of here," Mom replied, shaky with tears.

"Who? Who's found you?" I put down my book and sat up.

Mom opened her mouth to say something when I heard a crash in the kitchen. She started to hypervenalate, whispering, "They're here!". My eyes widened.

"M-mom...w-what's going on?!" I said scaredly. I jumped as I heard my dad scream from the kitchen, and then silence,

"Dad!" I shouted, sprinting into the kitchen. I screamed in terror, tears flooding down my cheeks as I saw my dad laying limply on the tiled floor, blood pouring from his throat to form a pool on the ground.

"Daddy!" I sobbed, hugging his cold body.

"We have to go," My mom cried, grabbing my hand and dragging me away from him.

We ran down the hallway, toward the door, when I spotted something beeping on the ground. I picked it up, studying it. It looked like a small cube of gold with a digital timer on it. I gasped and dropped it, assuming that it was some sort of explosive. The time read 10 seconds in bright red.

"Oh my God..." I murmured, grabbing my Mom's hand and running away from it as fast as I could. I turned around, realizing there was no chance of us getting away.

3...2...

My mom sheilded me with her body, clasping my hand so tight it went numb.

1

I felt everything explode from around me, so loud it felt as if it were in my head. I was blown back against the wall, feeling my entire body make a horrible popping noise. I fell to the floor, pain erupting throughout my body. Tears strolled down my face.

I felt someone weakly grab my hand.

"Mom...It hurts...It hurts so much..." I cried, I tried to turn over to look at her, but I couldn't move.

I finally managed to weakly turn my head, breaking into a sob as I saw her. She was bleeding from several spots on her face that were so deep I could see bone. Burns covered every inch of her body. The only thing I recognized was her bright green eyes, identical to mine, staring at me with so much pain but with so much happiness at the same time.

Mom slowly drew a shaky finger to her lips. "Shhh..." She managed, smiling. She weakly stroked my hair. The fire around us was slowly enclosing; we were going to die.

"I love you, mom," I cried. My vision was blurring and my ears were ringing from the explosion.

She curled her dry, cracking lips into a feeble smile, "I love you, too.".

Her eyes gently closed, and the delicate rising and falling of her chest stopped.

I closed my teary eyes, preparing myself for the fire. Suddenly a hand grabbed mine, dragging me out into the fresh air. I vaguely saw the shadow of a person before everything went black.

~o0o~

"....." I heard someone faintly talking in my head.

"A..ce!" I heard it again, a bit clearer this time, "Al.ce!".

My eyes slowly opened, my vision slowly adjusting. "Alice!" I heard the Doctor's voice say from beside me.

"Oh good, you're awake. You know, in the little amount of time I have known you, you sure do pass out quite a bit," Doctor sighed in relief.

I sat up, feeling sick to my stomach, and staggered over to a bush, where I lost the little bit of the food I had left in me. We appeared to be in a small park in the city, abandoned for the most part, a few people reading newspapers on nearby benches being the exception.

"Resisting the venom can result in nausea," Doctor explained from behind me.

"Of course it can," I muttered sarcastically, exhausted.

"How did you do that?" Doctor asked.

"Do what?".

"Get us out of there, all by yourself?"

"Painfully," I smiled. Doctor raised his eyebrow, before grinning as well.

"You're crying," Doctor frowned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Huh?" I asked bringing my hand up to my cheeks. I felt the moisture of a teardrop on my fingertips.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't notice-"

"You were crying when you woke up, too. You...you were dreaming about something," Doctor cut me off.

I avoided his eyes.

"I...don't remember," I lied flatly.

"The Xylima...they feed off of bad memories...nightmares...that's why they make you fall asleep. That's when your subconscious emerges. You get scratched enough, you're...uhh..." Doctor drew a line over his throat with his finger, wincing.

"Fantastic," I grumbled sarcastically.

"So, shall we?" Doctor asked after a while, holding out his hand to help me up.

"Shall we...what?" I asked, taking it.

"I think we should get to know each other better. I saw a restaurant down the street," Doctor said cheerily.

"What about...all that?" I replied, gesturing to the dark tunnels.

"We need to rest! We'll come up with a plan over a quick meal," Doctor said with a wave of his hand.

I stared after him in disbelief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.3K 24
#6 in #tenthdoctor She escaped the Time War. She stole a TARDIS and ran. She left everything behind. Her family, her friends, and her soulmate. She...
11.7K 585 20
Lin has been watching Doctor Who for ten years now. She has always been the outcast, never having more than one friend at a time that whole time, bec...
209K 6.7K 26
Caramillia Jonicale, the last female Timelord among existence. After reaching Earth in a status bubble that kept her safe, with a stolen vortex manip...
9.8K 376 22
Karen was having a normal life with Matt. She then experienced some life changing surprises that would last forever.