An Excuse Maybe

By happyfroglegs

After the war, all seems peaceful. Until Antauri gets a telepathic message from a girl imprisoned. Not only t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 9

54 3 1
By happyfroglegs

Huh? A consistant posting schedule? What's that?! Please enjoy!

----------------------

By the next two days everyone was getting used to Willow's stay and Mandarin's pregnancy.

Mandarin was still not allowed to exit the robot quite yet, not really because of lack of trust at this point. The team really wasn't sure how they were going to break it to the citizens of his return and his pregnancy just yet, despite Mandarin's whining.

Willow hasn't really heard anything from her sister and best friend, but she knew they were on their way and will be here soon.
However for the time being, she was bonding with the team and enjoying herself.

The Hyperforce was bored out of their minds one morning, unsure of what to do for the day.

"If all of you are bored I do have a list of tasks that need to be finished in the nursery." Mandarin piped up.

Sprx frowned at him.

"We're trying to think of something fun to do, not something that'll bore us to death." He grumbled.

"Oh it will be fun...for me." Mandarin snickered with a smirk.

"Of course it would." Sprx grumbled.

"We should probably patrol. The other Mandarin could be hiding somewhere waiting for us to let down our guard." Antauri advised.

Chiro nodded.

"Antauri's right, if we're going to keep him away from Willow and Shuggazoom we need to find him and defeat him once and for all." He stated.

"Yeah who knows what that little freak has planned." Nova said, frowning.

Antauri turned to Sprx and Gibson.

"Sprx, Gibson, you two will take the fist rockets and search around the city. The rest of you will be on foot while I stay with Mandarin and Willow." He ordered.

"Sounds good to me." Otto hopped up from his seat, determined.

Sprx smirked a little.

"Probably so you can kiss her." He muttered, reviving a glare from both Willow and Antauri.

"What?"

Chiro stood up.

"Alright let's not waste anymore time! Hyperforce go!" He shouted and nearly everyone ran to their stations.

Leaving Willow, Antauri, and Mandarin behind. Mandarin looked around, noticing something.

"Huh..."

Willow looked over to him.

"What?" She asked.

"I haven't vomited all morning." Mandarin chirped.

Antauri smiled.

"Well that's good, hopefully it's finally stopped." He said.

Mandarin sighed.

"Hopefully."

Antauri then looked to Willow.

"Why don't we practice your powers for the time being, it would be good to get some training in." He pointed out.

Willow nodded and got out from her seat.

"Sounds good to me." She said and the two went began to go off.

Mandarin, not wanting to get bored in the slightest, left the room in search of whatever books Gibson had. However, unbeknownst to everyone, the scanners detected something coming it's way towards Shuggazoom.

---------------------

"Chiro to Sprx, have you found anything yet?" Chiro asked as Otto kicked over a trash can.

"Negative, kid. Wherever the little orange fur ball is, he's a good hider." Sprx replied over the communicator.

"Same for us, we've checked the sewers and most of the city. We'll look around a bit more before we decide to try to look in the pit of doom." Chiro said.

"Well we'll fly over there just in case we can see anything." Gibson said.

"Alright sounds good, we'll meet you over there." Chiro agreed before turning it off.

Nova frowned as she glanced in the alley.

"Mandarin 2 has nearly been gone for a year and now he decides to show up? What the heck does he even want with Willow anyway?" She growled.

Jinmay sighed.

"Who knows, it's definitely not good that's for sure." She sighed.

Otto walked over.

"You think we should ask Willow? She might know."

"She's still very secretive to us Otto. When she's ready she'll want to tell us then." Chiro pointed out.

Nova pulled up the trash can that Otto knocked over.

"Well she needs to tell us soon because if he comes back and gets her again..."

"But she's really strong, she could handle him...could she?" Jinmay asked.

Everyone was silent.

"She doesn't have much combat training so probably not." Nova sighed.

"Then until he comes back, whenever that is, we have to train her." Chiro said.

Everyone agreed and continued to search.

Otto looked up at the sky, hearing something. He saw a faint dot closing in on them.

"Hey guys...what's that?"

-------------------------

"Keep focusing Willow!" Antauri said as Willow levitated the huge block.

She then gently set it down and she wiped her brow, that was hard!

Antauri smiled.

"You're doing very well so far." He complimented.

Willow blushed slightly and she looked away a bit.

"Erm thank you." She muttered.

Antauri blushed a bit too before clearing his throat.

"Now let's move on to using your fire powers."

The alarm then blared, destroying the moment between them.

Antauri and Willow made it up to the command center as the screen showed a ship entering Shugazoom's atmosphere.

"What is that?" Mandarin questioned, quickly leaving Gibson's lab.

"It's a might be your clone." Antauri said.

Willow's eyes narrowed at the shop before stopping Antauri from preparing the weapons.

"Antauri wait! I don't think it's him! It could be-!" Then her eyes widened.

That ship...it was so familiar before but now she realized!

"It's Amanda and Trent!"

The ship landed outside the robot, where the Hyperforce quickly caught up to it. Sprx and Gibson landed near them and ran to everyone else. Willow stood beside Antauri before the ship's doors opened.
A girl a few years younger than Willow ran down the steps. She had dirty blond hair styled in small pigtails and violet eyes. She wore a pink turtleneck sweater and a long white skirt with brown boots. She also had a white and pink ring on her finger. She looked around before laying her eyes on Willow. She then ran to her and hugged her tight.

"Willy!" She shouted.

Willow hugged back, tears streaming down her face.

"Hey Amanda." She sniffled.

Soon another person rushed down, this time male.

He had black hair and green eyes and had a noticeable stubble on his chin and above the lip. He was wearing a green hoodie with dark blue sweat pants.

He rushed over and hugged Willow too.

"You're ok!"

"Of course I am you butt!" Willow laughed, tears still streaming down her face.

Everyone smiled, admiring the reunion while Mandarin peeked outside from the door.

The three broke apart.

"Are you ok? He didn't hurt you did he?" Amanda asked, looking her sister over.

"No, not too badly anyway." Willow rolled her eyes.

She was supposed to be the older sister here. Trent glared.

"Well if he shows his face, I'm gonna shock him until...until...until I think of better shock jokes." Trent grumbled the last part before looking at the Hyperforce.

Willow snickered at what he said while Amanda looked at them too.

"Oh uh you must be the...Hyperdunks?" He questioned.

Mandarin nearly fell to the floor laughing while everyone else looked confused and slightly annoyed.

Chiro blinked.

"Uh no, no. We're the Hyperforce, we rescued Willow from one of our enemies." He explained.

Trent nodded.

"We heard."

Amanda glared and broke away from Willow.

"Where is that orange little freak?! Because I'm about ready to beat him to the ground!" She growled.

Antauri stepped forward.

"We're still looking for him but we-"

"Isn't that him?" Trent asked, pointing to Mandarin peeking from behind the door.

Mandarin flinched and backed away a bit.

Amanda growled and began to march over to him but Willow held her back.

"No that's not him!" She huffed, trying to get Amanda from stop wriggling.

"You said orange monkey and he is orange so-!"

"Yeah but that's not him! The one I met was his clone!" Willow groaned, still holding onto Amanda.

Amanda stopped and looked at her.

"His clone?"

Willow nodded.

"Yes so calm the hell down."

Amanda then was put down.

"So...does he look like-?" Trent began before Willow interrupted him.

"No he's much smaller and more skeletal."

Amanda and Trent blinked.

"Ohhh." Amanda muttered.

"Yeah don't worry he's on our side now, and he wouldn't fight us even if he wanted to." Chiro said.

Amanda blinked then looked at Mandarin. He was a huge buff...whatever he was, surely he can fight.

"Why?" She asked.

Chiro was about to say something but Mandarin's voice piped up.

"Child I will demist you." Mandarin growled at Chiro.

"Hang on it's fine." Chiro sighed, shaking his head.

"Sure telling strangers my condition is fine!" Mandarin barked.

"Chiro let's just leave it for now because he'll have one of his temper tantrums." Nova sighed.

"I don't have temper tantrums!"

Nova heel turned to him.

"Oh hush up!" She snapped.

"Condition?" Trent questioned.

"Just let it go for now." Willow sighed.

Chiro sighed, right.

"Anyway we were looking for the clone but we haven't found anything yet." He said, then he saw the worried look on the two's faces.

"Don't worry we'll make sure that nothing happens to her." He assured them.

"Hopefully." They all thought.

Willow mentally shook off the anxiety and turned to her friends.

"So how about we go inside and have some lunch?"

Amanda and Trent nodded and the three ran into the robot, causing Mandarin to quickly move out of the way to avoid getting bumped into.

The others soon made their way inside, not noticing the shadow in the alley nearby.

"He's alive? And he's with them?! How did he esc-" the voice stopped , they almost sounded scared.

"This is going to be trickier than I thought, but no matter. I will have the girl, even if he's with them." The voice said before going deeper into the shadows.

Oh Trent! My unintentional mary sue...when you read more into the story you'll see why. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 1.6K 133
❝i can be your hero, baby. i can kiss away the pain. i will stand by you forever, you can take my breathe away. ❞ when two enemies have to...
3.5K 56 13
due to the fact that my 1st lmk one-shot book is being glitchy when I try to write it. I present book 2. where I'll resume writing until the 1st can...
377 8 3
The Dark One has finally been freed from its prison. Skeleton King fused with it. Young Shouko has sacrificed herself to save Shuggarzoom and purify...
32.4K 776 40
When cute little (Y/n) is discovered by Peter Walter VIII after having been left to rot for many years , she is promptly adopted into the Walter Mano...