Someone Like You

By MmaroZ

Nina has taken a long time to get to where she is, happy, successful. But the offer to help out a lonely old... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty One
Part Twenty Two
Part Twenty Three
Part Twenty Four
Part Twenty Five
Part Twenty Six
Part Twenty Seven
Part Twenty Eight
Part Twenty Nine
Part Thirty
Part Thirty One
Part Thirty Two
Part Thirty Three
Part Thirty Four
Part Thirty Five
Part Thirty Six
Part Thirty Seven
Part Thirty Eight
Part Forty
Part Forty One
Part Forty Two
Part Forty Three
Part Forty Four
Part Forty Five
Part Forty Six
Part Forty Seven
Part Forty Eight
Part Forty Nine
Part Fifty
Part Fifty One
Part Fifty Two
Part Fifty Three
Part Fifty Four
Part Fifty Five
Part Fifty Six
Part Fifty Seven
Part Fifty Eight
Part Fifty Nine
Part Sixty
Part Sixty One
Part Sixty Two
Part Sixty Three
Part Sixty Four

Part Thirty Nine

5.3K 384 4
By MmaroZ

Chapter Thirty Nine

Neither Toby nor Daniel could help Theo, and he was consumed with anger on a constant basis. The only thing that seemed to save him was Melody, and more surprisingly, Mansell. So he spent more time at home than ever, pretending that Sadie wasn't fooling the rest of the world that she was fixed, that she was clean, that she wanted to be a mother more than anything else.

At night when everyone else was asleep, he worried, playing out in his head what would happen if Sadie got her way. And that led to long sleepless nights.

Then the text came from Nina. Finally.

Lying on top of his duvet, he smiled, not a short message, and a very apologetic one. She missed him...that made him grin inanely.

"Can I call you? I really need to hear your voice."

Her reply took a few moments to arrive, but each second felt like an hour.

"Maybe in half an hour...sorry I'm not giving you much here."

He knew all about that.

"I'll be waiting."

And he was.

"Hi." Her voice sounded like heaven.

"Nina...I've missed you too." He listened to her chuckle, then added, "I'm not a man of words."

Still chuckling she offered, "an action man, hey?"

He was beaming at that, glad that she couldn't see his face, "I try."

It was then that the phone became muffled and he could hear Nina talking, but not to him. Eventually she came back to him.

"I am so sorry; this is just such a crazy time for me..."

He sighed, "can I help?"

"No, not really. I wish I could tell you what was happening, but it's not my decision, do you believe that?"

Considering that before answering, he knew that she'd not lied to him to date, that he was the one who'd treated her badly. "I want to believe that, so I do..."

"I wish I was there...but I'm not...and we might be going away for a few days."

He groaned, "away? Who's we?"

"Lilah...she's having a really rough time at the moment. A few days away, somewhere warm might help...I don't know."

"I thought she'd just come back from Cyprus."

Nina sighed, "she has, but...I don't know. She needs a change of scenery that isn't work I think. I don't know. We may go to my cousin's."

"Is there any chance we can meet up before then?"

"Aren't you too busy with all your shit?"

He thought about all that was going on, he had more work than he knew what to o with, but Mansell had his carer, Melody was in day care...he had a second in command. "I can be with you by half past ten."

The sigh that escaped her lips and along the phone line was almost carnal in its nature, and Theo's body almost shuddered, and suddenly he was hard, wanting. "Say you'll open the door."

"You can't come here. Lilah...she's not up to guests."

He was almost drooling, "anywhere...I'll meet you anywhere."

Hating his desperation, he waited so patiently for her response, "a hotel...there's one near Mansell's old home, one we haven't been too..."

His responding growl was animalistic, "I want to fucking touch you now."

Nina rolled onto her side, her body purring like a kitten, phone almost glued to her head, if there was something guaranteed to make her horny, it was a man losing control at just the power of her words, not that she knew that before the evening, but Theo seemed to be teaching her a hell of a lot about herself.

"Where?"

He almost choked when she said that, and again she chuckled.

"Where?" He croaked, repeating her single word.

"Mm-hmm, where would you fucking touch me?" She said the last bit in an attempted deep voice, but neither laughed, in fact she swallowed nervously.

"Bottom lip," he breathed, "I'd run my thumb over it."

"Would I bite it?" Now her voice was a croak, she'd never done anything like this before, another first with Theo Peterson.

"You'd lick it...but then if I was there, you'd not notice my thumb." He almost panted, "what are you wearing?"

Her giggle was purely nerves. "Your t-shirt, the one you left here, and a pair of black knickers...plain, cotton."

Groaning, he offered, "I have no idea why a fifteen year old Star Wars t-shirt and a pair of Bridget Jones pants should be sexy, but fuck me the images in my head..."

"It's off..." her voice was husky to her own ears, and then he moaned.

"What?"

She stretched out feeling almost voyeuristic being almost naked in her own bedroom, which was ridiculous, "the t-shirt."

Gulp.

This was as intimate and arousing to him as to her. She could tell by the timbre of his voice and the erratic breathing coming down the phone line...and that gulp. Her body gushed.

"You have NO idea what you are doing to me Nina."

Her giggle was husky and she offered, "I think you're doing the same to me."

He let out a long slow exhale, then growled, "take it all off."

Theo curled up under his duvet, his body spent and his desire fulfilled, who'd have thought that phone sex could be so complete and exhausting? Not him. But there was something so special, so intimate about the sound of her soft pants, her moans echoing into his ear, and the demands she made in response to his surprised and pleased him. The nervous girl was long gone; Nina was becoming more confident in her sexuality...and in his scrutiny and that turned him on even more.

Their clandestine meeting the following morning couldn't come quick enough, he just had to get to sleep then manage the whole of his family first.

"I'm heading out for a few hours this morning."

Nina made the announcement to Lilah as they sat having breakfast. In the days since she told her about her pregnancy, they hadn't been apart, not even for fifteen minutes...other than at night, and the previous night had been the first time that they'd not shared a bed. She fought the blush at the memories of the pleasure she'd felt at her own hands, under Theo's direction. That was definitely something to remember on a rainy day. But more pertinent was their date later.

Was it really a date? Or just what the Yanks called a Booty Call? In the cold light of day it seemed sordid to meet up purely for sex, but then she wasn't just waiting for that. She wanted to see him, wanted to talk to him...but she really did want to touch him too.

When she realised she was daydreaming, she dropped her eyes to Lilah who was studying her, waiting patiently.

"Sorry...what?"

Lilah laughed, "where ever you just went in your head I want to go there too. I just asked what you were up to."

She was glad she'd thought up a decent alibi as she wasn't ready to lay her happiness on her devastated friend.

"Just got a new supplier who wants to treat me to some sort of brunch. It's a new precious metal wholesale thing. Nothing more exciting than that."

"So the wistful look was for gold?"

Nina laughed, "No! Pure high grade platinum, only the best for me Lilah!"

Despite it all, she was absolutely terrified when she left the house at half past ten. Her phone bleeped moments after she exited the door with an address. It was a hotel out of town, a country club. Her beaten up Beetle did look a little out of place amongst the Range Rovers and Mercedes, but she'd never minded that, she could draw on her father's estate to but two or three, but she had no inclination to do that.

Sliding into a space fairly near the entrance, she climbed out of the car. She was wearing patterned tight leggings and a loose knit sweater under her denim jacket and doughboy hat, and the concierge hanging around the door did look her up and down, but when she returned that with a beaming smile, the man chuckled and doffed his hat at her.

Theo was sat at a table in the corner, his laptop open and phone to his ear. Striding across to the bar, she ordered a tray of coffee for them both, plus a plate of small almond pastries that looked delicious. Her platinum credit card surprised the barman, and she rarely used it, but when people tried to make her feel out of place, she found no greater joy than setting the record straight.

Pointing to the corner table, she indicated for the waitress to bring the coffee to them. By the time she reached the table Theo had ended his call, but he was running his hands through his hair in a tense way.

"Maybe you should head back to London...this is meant to be relaxing for you."

Turning his frown turned around as he took her in, "my second in command seems to be anything but today...but you look edible Miss Willoughby!"

Nina blushed but as he leaned in to kiss her in what she anticipated would be a passionate way, she turned last moment to offer her cheek.

"The staff here seem to think I'm some sort of chancer, a snog with you here would only confirm that...not that I don't want it." Chuckling he pulled her onto the sofa next to him.

"You are perfectly at home in this environment as you well know...I know you, you deliberately dress and act to create controversy, and I love it."

That made her blush, something else that he loved.

At that moment a waiter appeared with a large tray filled with a jug of coffee, pastries, cream, and sugar. Lifting an eyebrow at her, he watched as she poured them both a mug.

"So coffee?"

Handing him his, she grinned, "of course. You think I came just for sex?"

That made him splutter on his first sip of the too hot coffee, "is that what you think, that I brought you here just for a shag?"

She laughed, "no. I don't. But I was kind of hoping that we could start having conversations without snapping at each other, judging each other, or arguing."

"We don't do normal life very well, do we?" Grinning, he took her hand and lifted it to his lips, "and yet, talking to you is one of my favourite things in the world...especially on the phone." The last few words were a husky whisper, and immediately their phone call of the previous night was back there in the present.

"I've never done that before." Her confession seemed almost dragged out.

Leaning closer to whisper at her ear he replied, "me neither...but I'd love to do it again."

And that was the truth, her soft words, gentle moans and gasps travelling into his ear had been one of the sexiest things he'd ever experienced. Being here with her in the flesh superseded that, but the seductive nature of their phone call would always make him warm inside.

Leaning back in the seat, he studied her as she drank her coffee more delicately than he expected, "so what do you want to talk about?"

She paused for a moment, "I wish I could tell you what's going on, but there are issues...and they aren't mine to share. Sorry."

He paused, watching her for a moment, what could he say to that, other than whether or not that was enough, because he was feeling pushed out, she did seem to be backing off, and then she kept telling him that it was circumstances she couldn't control.

"I believe that Nina, but it's hard...being pushed away so many times."

She sighed, "I don't want you to feel like that. But I have to be there...for Lilah." She breathed her name, and then he realised whose issues she was dealing with.

"Is she ok?" he asked suddenly.

She nodded, "generally yes, but we're dealing with a lot of stuff...how's Melody?

He looked wistful for a moment, "amazing, she's a joy to have in my life..."

"I sense a but..."

Nodding he reached for his coffee cup, but rather than drink it he wrapped his hands around it, almost distracting himself for a long moment, "Sadie...she's playing the game. I think her sister is managing her...making her do the right things. They want her to have more time with Melody."

She turned in the seat, studying him intently, "and you don't agree."

"She was unconscious...it's not the first time Nina, and yes I'm selfish, I want Melody all for me...but that is purely because her mother isn't able to look after her, she's proven that. I don't want her hurting my little girl."

He was quiet for a moment, and she just continued to watch him, "I know she deserves to prove herself..."

"You don't think she has."

His head shake was vehement, "weeks...that's all it's been. There's been no chance to get herself sorted yet. But I think her sister knows that the longer this goes on, the less chance there is of Sadie getting full custody of her again. Is it wrong that I want to fight that? I mean before this I barely saw her...only when it suited Sadie. I know that part of me is thinking of me more than Melody...but that's only a really small one, honestly."

She sighed, "you want to be a father, that should never be taken away from you. I suppose all you can do is what you feel is right. And if it won't make Melody angry when she's older then it's the right thing."

She reached out and grabbed his hand, "no one said this was going to be easy, you're doing the right thing, I know that."

"Being with you is the only thing that takes my mind off her, off all the shit. I so needed to see you today, I've missed you..."

Smiling she scooted a little closer, "I feel the same way, it's...things are hard, there's no end in sight...this is more than a welcome interlude...not a distraction, but maybe a reminder that life goes on..."

"Is there anything I can do to help? I'm not prying, I'm just..."

She grinned, "this is a thing that no one can help with, it's a 'see how it goes with time' thing, but knowing you are out there...more than helps, I swear."

He slumped back into his seat, "we're a mess aren't we, the two of us."

Giggling, she took his hand, "I think we've done the show for the staff for long enough. You got a room here to show me?"

Laughing he towered over her, "are you trying to have your wicked way with me?"

Reaching up, she placed her lips a breath from his, "I bloody hope so!"

Laughing he kissed her briefly before dragging her to her feet, and out of the bar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 45K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
50 15 8
Peaches lost her parents a year ago but the feeling of grievance still haunts her every time the lights go off . She decided to quit her job and reco...
1.7K 15 36
Elizabeth is determined to shape her life. She's strong and determined woman. She can conquer everything........but can she conquer love?
4.8K 137 19
Nina's life seemed almost fairytale perfect. She had a loving family and a long time boyfriend of five years. Everything in her life felt like never...