I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 37.

153K 1.2K 99
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

"So what State are we in now?" I asked walking into the front lounge of the bus.

"Welcome to California baby." Harry answered wrapping his hands around my waist from behind.

"How long until we reach the venue?" I questioned turning my head to look at him.

"About an hour maybe?" He spoke, unsure himself.

"I can't wait to get out of here, I need to stretch." I smiled.

"Can't wait to get away from me?" He joked raising his eyebrows.

"I wouldn't dream of it." I whispered standing on my tippy toes so I could just reach his lips. I pecked his lips sweetly before walking towards the kitchen.  "Toast, cereal or...."

"Toast and Nutella my dearest love." He smirked sitting down at the table.

"You know where the toaster is." I winked.

"You're closer." He winked back.

"Lazy." I rolled my eyes at him.

"And don't go easy with the Nutella." He grinned as he took as his phone out. I placed some bread in the toast for him and me.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked sitting on the counter top.

"Just telling my followers I'm eating breakfast." He grinned.

"They really want to know about that stuff?" I asked seriously spreading Nutella on the toast.

"You'd be surprised at the stuff they want to know." He replied taking his toast.

"Hmm." I responded, a mouthful of toast, as I sat down beside him. "I like it here." I said swallowing my toast. "In California I mean."

"We just got here."

"I know, but it's sunny and I don't know, I just like it." I smiled.

"I know what you mean." He replied pulling me onto his lap.

"The others really were tired."

"Yeah, touring is tiring." He replied yawning.

"Why don't you go back to bed?" I asked resting my forehead on his.

"Only if you'll come with me." He smirked.

"But I'm not tired." I winked. "C'mon, you're going back to bed." I insisted as I pulled him off the sofa and into the bunk area. "Go on, get back into bed." I ordered.

"Yes mum." He grinned. I rolled my eyes at his remark and shut his curtain after him. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower whilst everyone was still fast asleep.

"You know the band right?"

"Sure do." I smiled sweetly at the group of girls who were forming around me as I wandered around the front of the venue with a few bits of possible future merchandise.

"What are they like? I mean really, are they the same as in their videos?" Another excited fan asked literally bouncing up and down.

"Yeah pretty much." I answered. "Hey guys, which shirt do you like better?" I butted in before they could throw any more questions my way.

"The left." They all agreed. Of course they all went for the one with the guys' faces on it and not the one with lyrics on, but what the fans want is what I provide.

"Thanks." I smiled. I pulled my phone out as it was vibrating violently in my pocket. Harry's face lit up my screen. "Hey." I answered.

"OH MY GOD, IS THAT HARRY?!"

"HARRY I LOVE YOU!" They continued to shout down the phone, I couldn't hear anything Harry was saying.

"Gotta go." I shouted down the phone before I was surrounded by the girls.

"Can I speak to Harry?"

"Please!?" They were all shouting things into my face, there was no such thing as personal space any more.

"He's busy-" I started but ended up screaming, the girls grew a lot closer and were starting to get pretty feisty, I retreated to the back of the venue out of reach of the girls. I reached the backstage area, almost completely out of breath.

"What happened to your hair?" Zayn asked as I walked into the backstage lounge.

"I decided to stick my finger in a socket." I answered sarcastically.

"Whoa, only asked." He replied sensing my mood.

"Sorry." I muttered putting the boxes of merchandise down. Harry walked into the room with Louis wrapped around his waist, I turned around and raised my eyebrows at them.

"Were you trying to make me deaf?" Harry joked.

"No, were you trying to kill me?" I retorted.

"What happened out there?"

"I was just talking to some fans and they saw you were ringing and then you can guess the rest."

"Aww, I'm sorry." He replied walking over enveloping me in a hug.

"This is slightly awkward." I chuckled.

"What, can't a boy get some lovin'?" Louis joked as he wrapped his arms around the both of us.

"Haven't you got a show to do?" I asked wriggling out.

"Maybe we do...." Harry smirked.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I'm taking you out after." He finished walking off.

"Where?" I shouted at him.

"You'll see." He winked and carried on walking.

"Can I open my eyes yet?" I asked, for probably the tenth time in the past two minutes.

"Nope." He simply replied.

"You're not gonna throw me in a ditch and leave are you?"

"What? Of course not." He laughed.

"That laugh isn't very convincing." I smirked even though he couldn't see since he was behind me supposedly guiding me.

"Okay, take your shoes off."

"What?"

"Just do it."

"Why?"

"Do you want sand in your shoes?"

"Are we at the beach?" I asked reluctantly taking of my shoes.

"You tell me."

"I would be I can't see a thing." I joked. "But I do feel sand between my toes, so my strongest hunch would say yes." I chuckled.

"We're almost there." He said guiding me, down the beach I presumed. "Okay, you can look." He said slipping my blind off. I opened my eyes and instantly recognised the beach, I kept showing Harry pictures of this beach because it was perfect.

"How did you do all this?" I asked turning to him completely shocked.

"I had a little help." He smirked.

"They boys are over there aren't they?" I laughed turning around to see where Harry was looking, he waved to them, I guessed signalling we were okay since they disappeared.

"Thank you, it's perfect." I said still in awe.

"You haven't tried my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches yet." He said sitting down on the picnic blanket, I followed suit and sat opposite him. "I would have taken you here during sunset-"

"Harry this is perfect how it is, no matter what time of day." I smiled sweetly at him.

"You have peanut butter on your face." He grinned leaning over and wiping it away with his thumb. He didn't move from his position and looked straight into my eyes. We remained like that for what seemed like hours, I felt his lips crash onto mine, I naturally kissed back, we were getting so wrapped up in each other we almost knocked the picnic basket and all the drinks over. We both pulled away grinning at the almost disaster we made.

"You know I actually bought you here to ask you something." He spoke leaning back, I did the same so we were once again sat opposite each other. He moved the picnic basket and all the other items in front of us out the way as he pulled something out of his pocket. I literally felt my heart stop as he pulled out a small box, I didn't want to jump to any conclusions but my mind was set on one.

"Delilah, I love you-" He started as he moved so he was sat right in front of me, our legs touching. My voice was stuck in my throat, my hands were beginning to sweat and my eyes grew wider.

"Harry-"

"Let me finish." He cut me off ignoring me. "I love you, we've had so many great times together and I can't wait to see what the future holds, this is why I'm giving this to you." He finished placing the box in my hand, isn't he normally supposed to open it? "I want to be with you forever, I know we're only young but I believe in true love, you're my true love." He finished. My throat still remained dry, I didn't know what to do or say. "Open it." He said placing my hand over the lid of the box. I only did as I was told because my body wouldn't function properly by itself at this moment in time. I didn't want to look down at the box because I wasn't ready for my assumption to be true. My hand shakily lifted the lid and I took a shaky but deep breath and looked down. "It's a promise ring." He said, waiting for my reaction.

"Bloody hell, don't do that Harry!" I replied finally getting my voice back.

"What? Don't do what? What did you think I was ... oh..." He said figuring it out. "I don't think we're quite ready for marriage." He joked.

"You can say that again."

"But I want to be with you forever, I promise you that. I promise I won't cheat, lie or hurt you in anyway. I promise that I love you with all my heart."

"Wow, that's a lot to say."

"I know, but I'll make it true."

"Harry Styles, I promise to love you with all my heart." I replied staring into his eyes, my heart rate was finally reaching its normally pace. "Now we do sound like we're an old married couple." I grinned.

"Come 'ere love." He said in his fancy British accent before reconnecting our lips. The future seems a lot brighter than I first thought. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 235 26
harry styles is the new kid at school. he doesn't know anyone. yet louis tomlinson is just a normal student that a lot of people like. but then they...
2.2K 233 48
Ellie Christiansan is an eighteen year old girl who moved to London with her friends. Then she meets some, interesting people in an, interesting way...
60.9K 421 39
Maighlin Ross is a Junior (year 11) at Wakefield High school in a little town in Michigan. Her school doesn't usually get many exchange students but...
197K 4.7K 39
Cassie Brooks. A normal teenage girl. She gets bullied. By the most popular boy in school, Louis Tomlinson. He has a crew. Their names are, Harry St...