In The Shadows - Fan Fiction...

By SilasAggeleMou

This story is the fanfiction version of In The Shadows written by the amazing Katydids. It is now an original... More

Starting Over
First Day Of School
Who Is She?
Geometry
Have To Have Her
Lunch
Invitation And Preperations
Meeting The Rest
What Was That???
Explanations
Shifting
Back At Home
A New Job
More Questions and a New Ride
Kiss The Cook
Up On The Rooftop
Tell Me About Your Father
Caught In The Night
Who I Am
Shifter Royalty
Age Is Just A Number
Comfort
Company For Breakfast
Discovered
A Little Bit Of Shifter History
Bitten
Wolf vs Mama Bear
The Truth Comes Out
Letting Go
Awakening
Awakened
Her Wolf
Meeting Their Wolves
A Challenge to Authority
Did You See That?
Obedience
A Battle of Wills
Enjoying The View
Arrousal
The Academy
No Regrets
Now What?
Visitors
Sleeping Arrangements
How To Heal A Broken Heart
Powerful
All Hell Breaks Loose
In The Meantime
A Freak Among Freaks
Hope
Missing
Found
Testing Owen's Resolve
Back At The Cave
Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch
Another Wolf Pup
Pure Evil
Heated
The Energy Of A Pre-Pubescent Shifter
Unwanted Visitor
Preparations
Goading
Counting The Losses
The Bringer Of Death
That's One Way To End A Fight
A Fitting End
Recovery
Starting Over, Again
That's All She Wrote
Goody, Goody, Goody
Author's First Book
Author Book Link

Carry On As Normal

4.9K 288 9
By SilasAggeleMou

Sang

The four of us run to the house together where everyone seems to be waiting outside.

I'm surprised to see my family here. They haven't seen me when I've shifted before. My wolf feels nervous too, wanting to be accepted by them.

Finn's wolf is glued to my side as we slowly get closer.

They all stand and look at me with wonder. "You're beautiful," Mom breathes out.

My wolf walks up to her and Mom runs her hands over our coat. Grandma presses a hand to her heart. "My land. I can't believe this is you, dear. It's amazing." She gently strokes my back.

Grandpa crouches, his old knees cracking as he does, and looks into my wolf's eyes. He grins, "Still got your pretty green eyes." She nuzzles his face and he chuckles.

Finn's wolf wiggles his way between me and my mother, wanting attention. She softly laughs at him. "We already met, silly. I'm interested in meeting Finn, the boy, too though."

I'm also interested in seeing him. Talking to him, and making sure he's really okay with all this.

I need to go somewhere to privately shift. Shifting in front of my pack is one thing, for some odd reason, but there's no way I'm doing it in front of everyone else.

North and Owen come out of the house having already shifted back and dressed. "Sang, we left the door open so you can go upstairs and get dressed," North says.

We nuzzle my grandpa one more time and turn to go inside, Finn still stuck to me.

We've almost reached the porch when we're deafened by North's bellowing rage.

"What. The. F***. Happened. To my BABY!!!!!"

From the porch light we see North, fists clenched and breathing heavily, looking down at the mangled remains of his motorcycle with a look of horror on his face.

Finn's wolf whimpers next to me and presses himself even closer.

Great.

***************************

North's muttering and cursing can be heard outside.

Ethan and Grandpa are out there with him. Holly, Mom and Grandma are getting the dinner together that Grandma and Luke made.

Finn and I share a glance.

"Should I go say sorry now?" He grimaces with every clang of North's tools.

Silas chuckles. "I'd give him a little more time."

Finn throws his head back on the couch and closes his bright blue eyes. "My wolf got a little out of control."

I know what that's like...

"A little?!" Gabe glares at Finn.

Finn lifts his head to look at Gabe, "I'm sorry. Okay? It just felt so good, so free. I didn't know that's what it was like. I was so happy and... I kind of went ape... and so did my wolf."

Silas reaches over and tousles Finn's hair with his big hand, making him grin a little. "Ah, don't worry. North will get over it."

Luke chuffs, "Yeah, in a hundred years or two." I shoot daggers at him on behalf of Finn, but Luke starts laughing, "Oh god! That was priceless. The look on his face! Holy crap, I almost pissed myself from laughing." He holds his flat belly as he starts up again.

His laughter begins a chain reaction and soon we're all going at poor North's expense.

*******************************************************************

On Wednesday, things finally were settling down.

Joe reopened the diner and had a rush of customers. Mom went into work with him.

Finn and I hung out together all day and spent some time shifted. His wolf has relaxed a bit and he has better control over it already. It made me a bit jealous, which my wolf didn't appreciate.

The school called my mom, asking when I'd be returning, and it was decided I'd go Thursday. While concerned about Cole and Levi coming back with their pack, Owen doesn't think they would ever try anything in a public place, like a school, and assured my mom I would be fine. I needed to get caught up on my school work, having missed three days.

It's only been four since my awakening.

How is that possible? It seems forever ago now. So much has happened. I'm no longer the same person I was. An entire hidden world has been opened up to me and I'm more unsure of my future now than ever before.

Holly and Ethan have decided to extend their visit for now. Sean wants to keep an eye on Finn and any possible developments. Right now, he seems to be just like any natural born shifter, except that he's much stronger and faster than a young one normally would be, and he's only ten.

Finn thinks it's incredibly awesome of course and is ready for a wrestling match with Silas. I don't think he would be able to beat Silas now, but maybe in a year...

The thought of Finn overpowering Silas brings a small smile to my face as I stare at my bedroom ceiling.

Today has been... hard.

Owen and Ethan were running the perimeters of his territory all day while Sean stayed home with Holly and Finn. The guys and I all went to school and followed through with the monotonous routine, but I couldn't focus.

I was okay in English with Silas and Victor, but during geometry I started to get a bit melancholy, constantly fingering my necklace that Owen found in the back yard.

Garret beamed when he saw me, and I smelled his pheromones kick up a couple notches, "I thought you weren't ever coming back!"

His smile was infectious and I grinned back, feeling Luke and Gabe's disapproving stares. I shrugged. "I decided to give this place another try."

He chuckled and winked at me. "Glad to hear it."

The teacher started class and that was the end of our conversation, but I kept stealing glances at him. He was so laid back, seemingly without any cares, whereas I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders. I know that's being dramatic, but I can't help it.

There's the unspoken question about what my ability means. What it can do. Can I turn anyone? My mom? My grandparents? Holly? Joe?

Would they want me to? Do they want me to, but are afraid to ask?

Plus, there's something I haven't told anyone. Something I need to look into...

"Hey, Sang!" Victor knocks on my bedroom door. He, Silas, Nathan, Luke and Kota have been hanging out downstairs. Protecting. While I've been in my room having some alone time. The others are continuously combing the forest for signs of trespassing shifters.

"Can I come in?"

I sit up and comb my fingers through my hair. I may be a bit down in the dumps, but I'm still a girl with a gorgeous guy coming in her bedroom. "Sure," I call.

He opens my door and gives me a once over along with a melt me smile. "You okay?"

I shrug.

He steps in and shuts the door behind him.

"Want to talk about it?"

I shrug again.

"Want to make out?"

His words shock me, so completely out of his personality, and I start laughing.

He grins."That's what I like to hear," he says and sits next to me on the edge of my bed. We sit in silence for a moment, listening to the song I have playing. Currently, it's "I'm Only Human."

The irony isn't lost on either of us.

He looks down at my hand and puts his over it, circling the pad of his thumb over that spot between mine and my finger. It's so simple but sends sweet shivers over me. He grins more.

"Feeling a little lost?"

How does he know? I nod.

"I can imagine. We all feel that way at times." His smooth baritone is like honey for my soul.

"You do?"

He nods and gives me a caressing look with his eyes. "Sure. Our world can be hard to deal wi-"

His back stiffens and he bolts up, fists clenched, nostrils flared and eyes black. A deep growl comes from his chest.

My eyes widen, "Victor?" Then it hits me. An unfamiliar and strong electricity.

We both go to my window, looking out onto the driveway, Victor with a protective stance next to me.

A dark blue truck I haven't seen before, idles in the drive. Through the driver's window, I see fingers lazily drumming on the steering wheel. We hear the front door bang open and Silas and Nathan charge out, stopping ten feet from the truck, carrying imposing stances.

My bedroom door flings open and Kota rushes in, his green eyes are now black.

"Who is it?" My heart rate's going a mile a minute. I know whoever it is, they're not welcome.

Kota's face turns hard. "Cole."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 504 8
() Series () A. Sang in a Childhood Daze (completed) B. Sang in a Rebel Daze (completed) <3 <3 <3 <3 () NOTES () A. I'm not much of rebe...
148K 9.9K 45
An Academy/ Ghost Bird Fanfic. Inspired by the characters and story by C.L. Stone. This story contains characters that are similar to the Ghost Bird...
5.2K 312 10
It started out with an unjustified hatred for her by those around her. She had been nothing but an innocent pulled into this world of evil. Because...
185K 10.7K 39
Tori is already cracked and broken after barely managing to escape her abusive fiancé. She's trying to heal both physically and mentally. She doesn't...