GANGSTER ROYALTIES: Love and...

By Kirudesu

Trouble wasn't unusual in Khali Vernon's life. Being the trouble herself she was penalized and was sent back... More

GANGSTER ROYALTIES: Love and Misadventures
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 2. MARVEL HIGH
CHAPTER 3. NO ESCAPE
CHAPTER 4. ACQUAINTANCE
CHAPTER 5. AGAIN
CHAPTER 6. A RED FLAG
CHAPTER 7. THE FOUR DRAGONS
CHAPTER 8. A FALLEN ANGEL
CHAPTER 9. THE KING
CHAPTER 10. GIRL FROM NOWHERE
CHAPTER 11. AWE
CHAPTER 12. TROUBLE
CHAPTER 13. BLACK ORDER
CHAPTER 14. BEWILDERED
CHAPTER 15. DOMAIN
CHAPTER 16. SUDDENLY
CHAPTER 17. FISHY
CHAPTER 18. NEED
CHAPTER 19. YOU WILL KNOW
CHAPTER 20. WAITING
CHAPTER 21. FOUND
CHAPTER 22. THE QUEEN
CHAPTER 23. STAR RANKED
CHAPTER 24. A DATE?
CHAPTER 25. CONFESSION
CHAPTER 26. UP AND DOWN
CHAPTER 27. WORRIED
CHAPTER 28. FLATTERED, FLUSTERED
CHAPTER 29. PROTECT
CHAPTER 30. WATCHING OVER
CHAPTER 31. POWERLESS
CHAPTER 32. HINDRANCE
CHAPTER 33. MOVE
CHAPTER 34. ALWAYS AROUND
CHAPTER 35. ENVY
CHAPTER 36. PSEUDO
CHAPTER 37. INTENTION
CHAPTER 38. SHE'S NOT COLD
CHAPTER 39. MISSING YOU
CHAPTER 40. EYES, EYES BABY
CHAPTER 41. CHILL
CHAPTER 42. JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 43. MEMENTO
CHAPTER 44. CLOSER
CHAPTER 45. HIDE AND SEEK
CHAPTER 46. RUN, DEVIL, RUN
CHAPTER 47. I LIKE YOU
CHAPTER 48. WITHOUT HIM
CHAPTER 49. DISTRICT XII
CHAPTER 50. STRANGE
CHAPTER 51. MEN IN BLACK
CHAPTER 52. INTERHIGH
CHAPTER 53. THAT KIND OF GAME
CHAPTER 54. THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 55. REASON
CHAPTER 56. UNCONTROLLABLY FOND
CHAPTER 57. MVP
CHAPTER 58. BWISITORS
CHAPTER 59. SHE CARES
CHAPTER 60. REMATCH
CHAPTER 61. RESTRAIN
CHAPTER 62. WARMTH
CHAPTER 63. ALMOST
CHAPTER 64. TEARS
CHAPTER 65. CHANCE
CHAPTER 66. SUSPICIONS
CHAPTER 67. GAME OF LOVE
CHAPTER 68. SURREAL
CHAPTER 69. RING
CHAPTER 70. IN OR OUT
CHAPTER 71. SAFE NOT
CHAPTER 72. RUSH
CHAPTER 73. WRATH
CHAPTER 74. CALL OF DEATH
CHAPTER 75. ANTICIPATED
CHAPTER 76. OPERATION: BREAK THEIR BONES
CHAPTER 77. SURPRISE
CHAPTER 78. BITE THE BULLET
CHAPTER 79. SHE'S GONE
CHAPTER 80. PLEASE, COME BACK
EPILOGUE
NOTE

CHAPTER 1. I'M BACK

58.8K 1.1K 278
By Kirudesu

CHAPTER 1. I‘m Back

I sat down on the couch behind me and took a deep breath. I leaned back and closed my eyes, trying to convince myself that this is the reality.

That I really am back in the Philippines again, particularly in this hell of a city called Tenebrés...

I really don‘t know what‘s going on that beast‘s mind but it‘s better to follow his orders for the meantime because I really don‘t want to be stuck in this country.

I fished for my phone from my coat‘s pocket and dialed Jaemin‘s number. She answered the call after a few rings.

“Uh... Hello. Sino po sila?” she asked from the other line.

Why is she even whispering?

“This is Khali.” I replied with my usual impassive tone. I bet she can immediately recognize me by my voice and distinctive way of speaking.

“OMG, Khali? As in Khali Vernon?! Kyaaa—Ms. Santiago! Hindi ba’t mahigpit na ipinagbabawal ang paggamamit ng cellphone sa oras ng klase?!—sorry Ma‘am!”

Uh...

“Meet me after your class. At that mall.” I said before hanging up.

I glanced at my wristwatch and it was already 4:39 in the afternoon. Their class might end soon.

I stood up and looked around me.

All pieces of furniture and appliance are brand new. Perhaps, the beast already ordered our servants to organize everything in this house before I could even arrive here.

I wonder if everything happened was intentional after all?

Well, whatever.

*♡♤*

I looked for a fast food chain as soon as I arrived at the mall.

I entered the nearest one I found and headed towards a vacant seat after I ordered something to eat. The crews helped me to bring the trays on my table.

It‘s been so long since the last time I went to this kind of place. Normally, I always eat alone, on an extremely large table, filled with various cuisines made by our cooks, while they, the maids and the butlers are watching me while I was eating. I never really understand why they do that, tho.

I glanced at my right as I felt another strange presence. Felt like someone is looking at me.

Then another one across me.

Actually, I‘ve been getting a lot of glances since I entered the mall. I‘m guessing that my hair color was catching too much attention.

Maybe I should change my hair color. It‘s getting annoying.

An hour after, I heard my phone rang. Jaemin just called, asking my whereabouts.

Then few minutes later, I saw a very familiar figure, wearing a pleasant black-gray coloured school uniform, standing a few meters away from my seat.

Seeing her now, I could say that she didn’‘t change a bit except for her shiny black hair has grew longer.

The fair skin, the bright smile... and the height. Still the same.

“WAAAAAAAAH! IKAW NGA LILI!” she screamed in excitement. Causing for almost everyone to turn their head on us.

She immediately approached me with a very wide smile plastered on her beautiful face.

I almost smiled because she looks happy...

But an expected occurrence happened...

My palm automatically flew over my face when she suddenly tripped on the floor.

She REALLY didn‘t change at all! She‘s still stupid!

I stood up and I was about to pull her up, when she quickly stood up on her own and walked towards me like nothing happened.

Heh... silly.

She gave me a tight hug afterwards.

I gently pat her back, “I can‘t breathe, Jaemin.”

After I said that, she quickly released me from her deadly embrace and sat down on the vacant chair across mine.

I went back to my seat without taking my eyes off her. I didn‘t know that missing someone can kill.

“Whoa, you‘ve changed so much, Lili.” she said.

“And you‘ve never changed at all. You‘re still stupid.” I replied with a bored tone.

She rolled her eyes and frowned at me.

“Physiques mo lang pala ang nagbago. You‘re still harsh and cold! Even your tone is still the same.” she said, “Pati yang mata mong ‘yan. Ganon parin. Jeez!” she added, pointing her tiny forefinger to my eyes.

She even hugged herself and acted like she is freezing cold.

I boredly stared at her. She just laughed at me.

“I missed you so much!” she said with a big smile.

“Stop missing me. It‘s burdensome.” I replied.

“Eeeeeeeh! Pero bakit bigla kang nandito sa Tenebrés?” she curiously asked. She smiled widely. “Well, you don‘t usually send me a notice when you‘re coming home but...”

I mentally smiled. She‘s still cheerful, tho.

She was always like this, smiling bright at me, showing me how glad she is whenever she‘s with me or talking to me.

“I‘m going to study here starting tomorrow...” I said.

Her eyes circled in surprise.

“JINJJA?! EODIRO??” she exclaimed. (Trans: “Really?! Where??” in Korean)

This half Korean girl couldn‘t help to speak in her language whenever she feels excitement.

“Seriously Jaemin? I am a half Japanese, so don‘t speak to me in Korean.” I said.

“Nakakaintindi ka naman eh!” she laughed. “Saka mag-Tagalog ka nga!”

I can speak in different languages including Korean, indeed.

I also have a Filipino blood and I am fluent in Tagalog because I once lived here before. Naninibago palang siguro ako dahil kababalik ko palang naman kanina after quite a long time.

“Pero totoo nga?” masaya niyang tanong.

“I‘m serious. Do I look like am kidding?” I boredly replied.

“Hah! You always make fun of other people. I just can‘t tell whether you‘re telling the truth or not. You‘re always expressionless! How could I know?” she said.

Hindi agad ako nakasagot sa sinabi niya dahil napaisip ako bigla.

Am I really that unreadable? Does my face doesn‘t show any sign of emotions at all?

I don‘t know.

But most of the people I‘ve met always say the same thing. They often call me... cold.

Though, it doesn‘t really matter to me.

“You‘re making it sound like I‘m always into nasty stuffs.” Hindi naman gaano.

“Totoo naman eh!” aniya sabay tawa. “Yay! Makakasama na kita ulit!” pakanta niyang wika.

“Just this school year, Jaemin.” paalala ko.

Aalis rin ako dito. I definitely will. I‘ll make sure my punishment gets lifted.

So, I have to behave, kung ayaw kong habang buhay na kontrolado ni Izu ang buhay ko.

Kaya habang nandito ako, babantayan ko muna ang may pagka-tangang babaeng ‘to.

She‘s stupid, clumsy and a very curious earthborn. Her curiosity often leads her to a dangerous situation. While her stupidity and clumsiness helps her to gain some enemies.

“Eeeeh!” Parang bata talaga. “Pero saan? Sa Westwood ba ulit?” she asked.

Tinitigan ko siya dahil sa huling tanong niya. Is she by chance mocking me right now?

Maya-maya‘y napanganga siya at parang may naalala.

“Oo nga pala...” aniya habang tumatango-tango.

How could she forget that thing when she‘s partly the reason of my expulsion? Tss.

“Eh saan nga?” tanong nya.

“Marvel High.” Her eyes and lips circled as I answered.

“OMG! Doon din ako nag-aaral ngayon!” natutuwa niyang pagsasalita.

“I thought you transferred to Prima Academy?” tanong ko naman.

Parang nabigla siya sa tanong ko at ngumiti ng parang pilit.

“Ehehehe~ Ayoko doon.” nakalabi niyang saad. “By the way, ilan nakuha mo sa entrance exam?”

Entrance exam? May ganon pala? I don‘t know. My eldest bro was the one who enrolled me in that school, but he never mentioned that I have to take an entrance exam.

He must‘ve abused his power again. Tsk-tsk.

“I don‘t know...” I replied. “But I‘m going to Class B.”

“Heeeoool!” she exclaimed. “Really? That‘s unexpected...” ngumiwi siya. I just stared at her as she continued talking.

“I was expecting that you‘ll perfect the exam as always and get to attend Class A. Hindi mo siguro sineryoso ‘yung exam no? Aish! Hindi tuloy tayo classmates!” pagmamaktol niya.

So, she‘s from Class A.

Is that why Izu was insisting that I should go to that section?

Honestly, I chose Class B just to tease him, because that is my only way to get back at his evilness towards me. Well, I do enjoy opposing him sometimes.

Bakit kasi hindi niya sinabi agad? Not his style, tho.

It doesn‘t matter, anyway. As long as I finish this school year without any problem then it‘s fine. That‘s the only thing he wants from me, anyway. He will lift my punishment then.

Hindi ko lang talaga maintindihan si Izu kung bakit ang tiyaga niyang ipasok ako sa mga paaralan kahit sa huli ay lagi naman akong naki-kick out.

Attending school is just for ordinary teenagers and I‘m not like those. My life has never been normal. And I hate to say this but I never took school seriously. I ditch class. Papasok lang ako kung kailan ko gusto.

But this time, I really have to attend school like a normal student. It‘s annoying but I have no choice. I have to take this seriously. At least this time, and go back to Japan as soon as possible.

May kailangan pa akong tapusin.

“Aish! Sungit!” aniya, “By the way, I like your hair!” she exclaimed as she stroke my long blonde hair. “Alam kong bumalik ka dito dahil napa-trouble ka na naman. Kaya mas mainam na magpa-dye ka ulit ng black kung ayaw mong maulit ito.” nakangiti niyang payo.

Kilala na talaga niya ako. I indeed came back here as my brother‘s order dahil may nagawa na naman akong hindi niya nagustuhan.

It wasn‘t that big of a deal compare to the previous troubles I‘ve done before so I can‘t somewhat understand why did he went too far and drag me back here and even grounded me like hell. Tsk.

I can‘t even do what I want now.

“Why?” I asked.

Nagtaka naman ako ron. Dahil sa blonde kong buhok ay mapapa-trouble ako?

“Bawal! Nasa school rules and regulation ‘yun! Gusto mong magka-record agad?”

Ah. Syempre, hindi. Kailangan ko ng malinis na record. Kailangan kong matapos ang school year na ‘to nang walang problema.

Although boredom will absolutely strike hard...

Nga pala...

“Bakit ka lumipat?” I questioned as I look into her eyes. “Make sure that it‘s not because of your bullies...” because I will really blow that school up along with its stupidents...

“It‘s not what you think, Lili. Nagbago na ko no.” Bahagya itong ngumiti, parang pinahihiwatig na ayos lang siya.

“Don‘t worry. Kaya ko na ang sarili ko, Lili. Besides, Marvel High is somehow far better than Westwood High, lalo na sa Prima Academy.”

I‘ve never heard of a decent school in District XI yet, so, how come that Marvel High is better than the other high schools? You‘ve got to be kidding me.

“By the way, may school supplies kana?” tanong niya.

I shook my head as a response.

“Edi tara na! Bili na tayo!”

*♡♤*

Jaemin is usually gentle. She‘s sometimes shy and quiet with other people. Para siyang maamong pusa. I can’t even bring myself to pinch her because she looks fragile.

But that‘s when she isn‘t talking...

“Ano ka ba naman, Lili! Pang Grade 4 itong kinuha mong papel. ‘Yung intermediate pad ang kunin mo, tapos ¼ at ½ crosswise and lengthwise. Kuha ka na rin ng ballpen. Alam mo naman siguro ‘yung ballpen, diba? Hindi pencil ha.” she said with an annoyed tone.

Ano bang akala niya sa‘kin? Tsk.

Everyone or even a kid would probably know the difference between the ballpen and pencil but she thinks I don‘t?

Acting mightier than me again. Ganiyan siya kapag may hindi ako alam na alam niya. Papel na nga lang kasi pinipili pa. Tsk.

I went back to where I got these pads of paper and put it back on the shelf and get those what Jaemin said a while ago.

Kumuha rin ako ng ballpen at nilagay sa basket na hawak ko at bumalik sa kinaroroonan niya.

“Pang one year supply na ba ‘to, Lili?” she asked with sarcasm while holding the box of ballpen.

Kumuha siya ng limang piraso tapos nilagay sa basket, ‘yung box ay nilapag niya sa isang shelf malapit sa‘min.

Kung siya nalang kaya ang bumili ng lahat? Tutal sya naman ang nakaka-alam kaysa binubungangaan pa ako.

That‘s so Jaemin. Siya lang talaga ang may kayang gumawa niyan sa‘kin.

“Tara na‘t magbayad!” Hinila na niya ako papunta sa counter. Tapos may bigla siyang naalala, “Ay! Manila paper! Kuha ka dali!” she said then pushing me away literally.

I had no choice but to look for a manila paper and get one.

I don‘t even know what a manila paper looks like.

I was walking fast and I didn‘t noticed that someone was also approaching on my left side.

I accidentally bump into him. It was already too late to stop or dodge ‘cause we‘re already just a few centimeters away from each other.

I was caught-off guard. I was so reckless. If it was a bullet, I might already be a dead meat now.

Masyadong malakas ang katawan ng nakabanggaan ko kumpara sa‘kin, kaya naman ako ang nawalan ng balanse nang magka-banggaan kami.

I was expecting that I would end up sitting on the cold floor... but I suddenly felt an arm around my waist that kept me from falling.

Gusto ko sana siyang itulak agad, dahil sa lahat nang ayoko ay ‘yung hinahawakan ako ng kung sinu-sino, ngunit hindi ko namalayan na nakahawak na rin pala ako sa braso niya.

Sobrang lapit namin sa isa‘t isa, magkadikit na magkadikit ang aming mga katawan at halos naka-ub-ob na ang mukha ko sa leeg niya.

Para tuloy siyang nakayakap sa‘kin ngunit gamit lamang ang iisang braso. I could even smell his hypnotizing scent as I breathe.

I lifted my head up a little to meet his gaze. I stared at him blankly.

Below his messy red hair is a pair of dark eyes staring back at mine.

As far as I remember, no one ever dared to stare at my lifeless eyes like that.

Even so, he stared at me with a very intimidating look. His brows met in annoyance.

If I was just a normal person, I would probably be trembling by now due to his grisly stares and mood.

I ignored the deadly stares, I‘m already used to it anyway. Besides, it was nothing compared to Izu‘s.

He removed his arm afterwards. Then, I immediately fished for the hankerchief inside my pocket and handed it to him when I noticed that his nose is bleeding.

Siguro‘y tumama iyon sa noo ko dahil may naramdaman din akong konting sakit banda roon.

Tila na-alerto ang tatlong lalakeng nakasunod sa kaniya, na sa palagay ko ay mga kaibigan niya.

I didn‘t meant to do that to him, tho. Even so, I still decided to apologize.

“I‘m sorry.”

I have to avoid any problems after all. Mukha pa namang handa nang sumugod ‘yung mga kasama niya sa‘kin.

Nang tanggapin niya ang panyo ay agad ko na silang nilagpasan at nagpunta sa pinaglalagyan ng mga iba‘t ibang uri ng papel.

I was walking towards the counter holding a dozen of manila paper when I saw Jaemin talking with the cashier while some students lined up behind her had that irritated expression.

“Oh, ayan na pala siya e, oh.” Jaemin said and waved at me. “Ang dami naman nito! Wala akong dalang pera, eh.”

“Ano bayan! Ang tagal!”

“Kanina pa kami dito. Pa-VIP amputs.”

Nang lingunin ko sila ay bigla silang nanahimik. Bigla nalang may tumili ng malakas kaya awtomatikong napalingon ako sa pinanggalingan nito.

“KYAAAAH, THE 4D ARE HERE. OH MY GOD!” biglang sigaw ng isang babae sa di kalayuan.

Fordi? What‘s that?

Suddenly, the doorway of this bookstore was already crowded by crazy people. Screaming like a psycho while pushing each other.

May artista siguro?—Hey... where did Jaemin go?

I looked around me and she was nowhere to be found.

Did she just got caught up with the crowd? -__-

I sighed.

I ended up going home on my own. Makakauwi naman siguro si Jaemin nang wala ako.

I went upstairs directly to my room. I switch the light on and it was like as if I am walking through the sky the moment I entered the room.

The walls and ceiling were as blue as the sky...

It‘s a relief that they didn‘t made any change in this room except the new stuffs. I threw my body over the bed and pinned my eyes on the ceiling.

I‘m back and everything is also coming back to me like a nightmare.

I hate this place...

Well, except this particular place where I am right now.

I took a deep breath to shrug the uneasy feeling that‘s starting to form in my chest. Nagtungo nalang ako sa bathroom para maghilamos.

I saw my reflection in the mirror as I lift my head up, staring back at me with its usual emotionless eyes.

It was my own reflection, but it feels like I am staring at a different person.

×××

A/N: “Heol” is a Korean exclamative slang which expresses shock or surprise or the likes. Para siyang “Oh my god/OMG!”—something like that :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176M 3.9M 68
[BAD BOY 2] You can't turn a bad girl good, but once a good girl's gone bad, she's gone forever. Yang ang motto ni Candice. Sa pagmamahalan na meron...
3.9M 97.9K 66
[ BOOK 1 ] I'm THE QUEEN, Bitch! - SBF |Book2: His Gangster Queen| ♔ [ HIGHEST RANK ACHIEVE: ] #1 in ACTION #6 in RANDOM
25.8K 587 21
MONSTROUS : There's A Monster Inside You _____ A high-school student with unexplainable dreams about herself, tries to uncover what it really is. All...
531K 23.4K 91
Khali Vernon took the risk and came back to Tenebrés City, will she come back as the infamous Shadow of the Gangster Society, too? The society ruled...