Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 5- First Date

100K 1.1K 42
By Whines8

ENJOY EVERYONE :-)

Please vote, comment and fan. Thanks whines8

*****************************************************************************************************

Staring at Jacob I hesitated for another moment, this was it, if I said yes then this would be my first date. I already wanted to back out before I even gave him my answer, but I sucked it up. Looking at his gorgeous face and sweet smile made me push back all my doubts and nerves and just answer without thinking.

"Okay" I breathed out and looked at him, his smile grew ten times as wide, which in turn made me blush for some reason.

"Really? Mia I promise you won't regret it. I have references that say I'm a great date," Jacob said the last part jokingly, but it made me blush even more, so all I did was nod and look away while nervously laughing.

Getting my redden face together I looked back at him, "So where are you going to take me on this date? And before you say anything, please be warned that I've never done this so..." before I could finish Jacob cut me off.

"Look don't be nervous, okay? I promise it will just be a laid back first date. I just want to talk and get to know you. So I was thinking I'd take you to my favorite restaurant here and then, seeing as we seem to work well together on the dance floor, I thought we could go dancing again. If your up to that, no pressure."

Thinking about it, I thought that the date he described sounded very nice and fun. It didn't sound to bad, what was dinner and an hour or two of dancing? I could do that without embarrassing myself. And when the end of the date comes around I'll just distract him with some kind of interesting conversation so he won't try and kiss me.

Liking my plan to succeed on my first date, I nodded in agreement to him and gave a sweet smile, "Ok sounds fun."

Just then Lauren and Derek finally surfaced from the back veranda. Jacob seeing his friend also, shook his head before glancing back at me, "Alright then it's a date, I'll pick you up tomorrow at eight. Dress anyway you'd like," Jacob said while starting to move back up the hallway.

Before he made it to far away from where he was just standing he turned back to me and smiled yet another breathtaking smile, "Mia, I'm really happy you agreed to come out with me. I’ma make sure this date is one you'll remember for a long time."

With that he said his goodbyes to me and finished walking down the hall to meet up with Derek. After Derek kissed Lauren on the cheek sweetly, him and Jacob left through the front door.

After the front door closed, I sighed dreamingly. Jacob was the most amazing guy I have ever met. Walking towards my room, I could see out of the corner of my eye that Lauren was in the same dreamy state as me. From the looks of things she had a great night as well.

Lauren and I passed each other on the way to our rooms, only giving each other soft smiles. Both of us walking into our rooms for the night to dream about the amazing guy we have been so lucky to meet.

Stripping of my clothes, I put my hair up in a messy bun before crawling into bed. Falling into a deep sleep dreaming about a certain guy who as slowly changing this shy girl.

*******************************

Waking up this morning was pleasant. I had been dreaming of different scenarios my date with Jacob could end up like. All through my morning routine and breakfast I couldn't get the girlish smile off my lips. I was so excited, to my surprise, about this date with Jacob.

Lauren had informed me while at breakfast that her and Derek have also made a date for later. I wasn't surprised about that, seeing as their little session last night was anything but innocent. Lauren did clear the air by telling me that they only made out, which was to my relief.

I didn't want to have to clean the hot tube.

Now I was in Lauren's room on her vanity stool, Lauren attacking my hair with the curling iron. We've been in here for almost two hours straight. When I told Lauren I said yes to the date, she went crazy with excitement and declared herself my personal stylist for the evening.

"So where is he taking you to? I need to know so I can find you the perfect outfit," She yelled as she went out her bedroom door and most likely to my closet in my room.

"Um, I really don't know. He just told me he was taking me to dinner at his favorite restaurant and then dancing. He said I could wear whatever I wanted." I told her hoping she wouldn't try to go over board like she did last night when she picked out the dress I wore to the club.

"Okay, well the restaurant could be something casual and dancing will probably be at a club on the strip. We need to find you something that is comfortable, but still sexy and alluring...." Lauren said coming back in her room while tapping her two fingers to her chin looking deep in thought.

"Lauren how about I jus-" I was cut short by Lauren yelling the word "AHAH!" puzzled I looked up at her with wide eyes and asked her what the yelling was all about.

"I've got the perfect outfit, you can wear that real nice red simple dress I made you buy from Macy’s. Mia you would make him drool over you I know it!" she said clapping her hands and skipping back to my room and coming back with the dress.

"I-I don't know about that dress Lauren, he might think I'm trying to hard and besides isn't that dress a little form fitting I don't think that would be a good idea." I said, my voice as unsure as I started to feel.

"Mia please, that's the whole point of the dress, I chose it because it fits your body like a glove. And I'm sure Jacob would most definitely appreciate it. You look amazing in this dress." Lauren said confidently while marching over to where I was still perched on the vanity stool.

"You are going to wear this dress Mia and you are going to be the confident, sexy beast I know you are," she said sternly with a serious face. Then her expression turned back into her bright smile, "Alright, come to the living room when your done dressing, you have like thirty minutes to finish up and then Jacob will be here." she said without even looking back at me as she walked out of her room and down the hall.

Giving a big sigh, I turned back to the vanity mirror and stared back at myself, "You can do this Mia, you are going out with a great guy, there's no need to panic, it's just one innocent date. That's all" I was talking to myself, trying to get the butterflies that were rolling through my stomach to cease.

After my little pep talk, I got up from my seat and moved towards Lauren's bed where she had laid the dress. Putting it on, I turned to look at the full length mirror after putting my black heels own. I had to admit, Lauren really made me look like I was beautiful, I just hoped Jacob thought so too.

Hearing the door bell ring, signaling Jacobs arrival, I started to get nervous all over again. Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I slowly walked out of the room and towards the foyer. Getting closer, I could hear Lauren chatting with him. When I made myself known to the both of them, I held my breath as I waited for Jacobs eyes to land on me.

Taking a quick glance at Lauren, I saw her give me a smug smile and a thumbs up before she walked back to her room, no doubt getting ready for her own date tonight.

Sliding my gaze back to Jacob I froze when I saw his expression. He didn't have a smile on his face, all he wore was a stare that I didn't recognize. His gorgeous eyes seeming to be boring into my body. I shifted on my feet, starting to feel unsure about my appearance. Still nervously playing with my fingers, I cleared my throat to get his attention.

Jacob snapped his eyes to mine, then shook his head lightly before giving me a small smile.

"Um, do I look ok, I mean if I look bad to you, um I could go change. Yeah maybe I should go change, this was to much. I don't know what Lauren was thinking. Um I'll be right back, just give me like two minutes," I began to ramble on not looking at him anymore. I didn't know why I had went back to being so insecure so quickly.

Just when I was about to turn around, Jacob gave a slight frown before grabbing my hand to stop me, "Hey, where do you think your going? I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable because of my staring. You just look...." he didn't get to finish his sentence because I finished it for him.

"What? Fat, big, out of place. I know this dress is tight, it wasn't my idea to wear this, so if you can-" suddenly I was cut off by Jacob covering my mouth with his palm. My eyes got big and I stared up at him in shock.

"Mia, if you would have let me finish, I was going to say you look absolutely beautiful tonight. And if it's any consolation, that dress is the reason I was speechless and staring just moments ago."

Hearing him say that had me blushing like never before, I tried to cover my flaming cheeks with my hands, but Jacob just smiled and caught me before I had the chance, "Don't cover your blush, I think its very cute," he said and I felt my blush start to form on my neck as well.

"So you ready to go? I'm taking you to this place called Oliver's, it's Italian. Then if your still up for it we can go dancing, yeah? " he said still giving me a sweet smile.

"Yeah, that sounds great. I'm ready when you are,” I said and he ushered me out the front door.

***************************************

It's been an amazing night so far. Jacob has been the most incredible date ever, well I wouldn't really have anyone to compare him to, but I didn't need to. When we had gotten to the restaurant, he had already reserved us a spot so we didn't have to wait. During that time we ate and had light conversation, nothing to deep. He asked me about my family, what I'm majoring in school, my favorite hobbies, just general get to know you questions.

When we were done eating, we took a cab to the strip and went to a dancing club. It wasn't like the one we had all went to last night. This was more adult, it revolved around dancing. The dance floor was the center of attention and there was a small bar to the right side and the second floor was dedicated to lounging area.

I had an amazing time there as well. I didn't feel one bit of insecurity while we were dancing. It all just felt right, it's like every time Jacob and I danced together, the whole world just disappeared. He made me feel so alive and confident when he danced with me. I was a totally different person.

After about an hour and a half, we had both decided to leave and now we were walking towards the beach in comfortable silence.

Seeing the beach only a few feet away, I took off my heels to carry them in my hand. We walked and watched as the dark blue water crashed its waves onto the shore. The bright moon sending a soft light over the water, our footprint making a trail behind us.

Looking over at Jacob, I noticed that he was staring a me. Tilting my head to the side I gave him a questioning look, "What is it? Do I have something on my face from dinner?" I asked and he just lightly laughed before he responded.

"No, I was just thinking back to what you said last night, about not ever having a first date, a first boyfriend... A first kiss. I have been trying to figure it out, but can't seem to find an answer for how that could be possible. Any guy would be an idiot not to see how amazing you are. I just find it hard to believe, that's all." Jacob explained and I was surprised at his honesty.

Did he really mean all that? I've never had anyone say anything close to that to me before. I stared up at him in awe. This guy could make me feel so beautiful, so ...... Wanted. I gave a deep sigh, feeling the need to explain.

"Well, as you probably can tell, I'm tremendously self conscious about myself and mainly my body. That and including the fact that I'm extremely shy when it come to guys, makes it that much harder to attracted them. Not forgetting the fact that once most guys find out how inexperience I am, they usually run for the hills." I said laughing, when actually that fact made me hurt many of times in the past.

"Well, I'm not running Mia, so I think your theory can be officially thrown out. Because unlike those other guys, I find your innocents very, very attractive. Who wants a girl that's been around the block multiple times over,” Jacob said and that made me smile. I actually believed his words and they gave me a little confidence oddly.

Looking down at his watch, he then looked back at me, "I didn't realize how late it was, it's about one-thirty in the morning. How about we walk back to your villa?" he said and I reluctantly agreed, even though I didn't want this night to end.

Starting to walk towards the direction of my villa, I was pulled to a stop, by Jacob holding on to my hand, "let me hold your hand," Jacob said gently to me and I nervously gave a nod.

Gripping my hand firmly, but gently, Jacobs rough hand slowly enveloped mine, spreading pleasant intense tingles all the way up my arm. The whole while my stomach was doing flip flops. Looking up at him through my eyelashes, I stared at him wondering how I stumbled upon someone so sweet. When Jacob turned to look down at me I quickly looked ahead, embarrassed that I had been caught staring and softly said to him not more than a whisper, "Thanks"

I looked back at Jacob to see him smiling down at me, "Thanks for what?," he asked as we slowly made are way up the path to the villa which was in view now.

"For giving me my first date, it's been amazing, I really had fun," I said giving him a soft smile of my own.

Stepping up the few steps to the villa we came to a stop in front of the door, "No need to thank me, it was my pleasure Mia, I've been wanting to ask you out since my party and I'm glad I did," Jacob said with a full grin making me blush yet again.

Fidgeting with my key, I looked down at my hands not knowing what to say or do next. When it seemed like he wasn't going to say anything else, I looked up and nodded awkwardly, "Um, okay well, I guess I'll see you maybe tomorrow or something?" I said my statement sounding more like a question and very unsure.

Feeling like a complete idiot I quickly turned and went to unlock the door.

But then I stopped when Jacobs hand shot around my waist and he called my name, “Mia,” he said his voice deep, making me tingle with anticipation for what he was about to say next. 

Taking a deep breath I nodded, “Yeah?…. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 53 11
Mia Monroe is 19. She has everything she wants: a boyfriend, loads of money, and friends. But she doesn't love her boyfriend. When her Dad's best fri...
551K 18.2K 88
#1 in Summer Love | #14 ChickLit One handsome musician. One annoying coworker. Two best friends. A troubled family. It's a summer journey like you'v...
1.1K 182 56
Mia Johnson was raised almost single-handedly by her mother after being abandoned by her father at the age of six. Embittered mother gives her an adv...
23 1 15
Mia is a 20 year old who's dream is to become a flight attendant. Her best friend Amelia managed to convince her to go on holiday to Dubai with her f...