Hidden Secrets (Harry Styles)

بواسطة michkale

secrets are harmless, aren't they? [ highest ranking #90 in fanfiction - 2015.06.25 ] المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
epilogue
not an update
after
not an update (sorry)

Chapter 11

52.8K 1.4K 435
بواسطة michkale

*Emma’s POV*

I sit in my normal position, cuddling in an abundance of blankets with my Macbook propped up on my lap. Headphones plugged into my ears with the sound on full blast, a cup of hot coffee on the bedside table in my favourite TARDIS mug. I’m drowning out the world again by having a long Netflix marathon. I got home from the club very late and after dealing with stupid drunks for hours I immediately feel asleep. As soon as I woke up I was instantly on my laptop surfing the web.

It was now late afternoon and I was still in what I wore to sleep, an oversized band t-shirt of my favourite band, Arctic Monkeys, and no pants, revealing my bare skin. My legs were pale and pasty, just like the rest of my body. I didn’t hate my body, but I was insecure about it, just like every other girl. My makeup was smudged from forgetting to take it off before I fell asleep and my hair was stuck in a messy bun on the top of my bed. I started work at 4, which was just over a half hour away. I guess I’d have to shut down my laptop sooner or later if I wanted to look presentable for work. While looking over some articles on my home page, my eye caught something I wasn’t expecting.

A picture of Harry? Wearing the same clothes he wore on the first and second day we met. This was really weird. Why was there a picture of Harry on the news? My curiosity comes out and I scroll over the picture to reveal a caption.

“Harry Styles seen at hotel: Who was he seeing?”

It’s addressing the day he dropped me off at the hotel and then came back the next day. I want to investigate more, but if I don’t get ready I will never make it to work on time. I struggle with my hair as I yank it out of its messy bun and braid it down the side. The ombre intertwines with the brown making it look like a mix of brown and gold silk. I pull out a few fly aways to make it look messier and then move to fixing my face. The great thing about the bar is that it’s usually pretty dark, so even if there are people they don’t really notice that you aren’t wearing makeup. I ditch the concealer, foundation and blush and just focus on my eyes and lips. Red lips are my favourite and I go through my lipstick very quickly. I apply a bit of that and then make my eyelashes look very voluminous. My eyelashes were already long but my motto was that they could always be longer. I hastily put on some eye liner, which really brings out my eyes, not that it matters. No one I cared about would be seeing them.

As I started to get dressed images of Harry plastered over the front page of the article flash through my mind. Why is he on there? Was he a criminal? No, I think there would’ve been mug shots of him if he were. Was he famous? The photographs didn’t look posed…no if he was a famous surely I would know, how would you be able to hide that? Maybe he’s just well-known or one of those good civilians that get their picture printed in the paper whenever they do charity work or volunteer. I bet Louis would know, I make a note to ask him the next time I see him.

I stuff my bag full of its essentials and rush out to work.

..

As I reach the club I double check my bag while putting it in the back. I was going to try and contact Louis on my way here but of course I forgot my phone somehow.

I walk to the front counter and attempt to greet Jamie, who is talking to a gorgeous girl across the counter. She’s wearing a tight short black dress with a cut out at the back. There are several bracelets up her arms which are very distracting. Her hair is a dark mess of curls and her make up only increases her beauty. I notice her sliding a napkin towards Jamie before getting up and walking out the door. Jamie slowly picks up the napkin and slides it in his back pocket. He turns to face me, stopping dead in his tracks. A devilish grin plays on my lips and I open my mouth to tease him, but he swiftly holds up his hand silencing me.

“Shut up,” he commands causing me to burst out in a fit of laughter.

“I’m not saying anything,” I say putting my hands up in a mock surrender. “She was pretty though,” I offer joining him behind the counter.

 “Yeah she is. She’s come in here a couple of times and I’ve been trying to get her number,” Jamie admits blushing.

“Today’s your lucky day!” I playfully nudge him. He smiles, straightening his glasses at me before turning to whip down the counters.

I laugh before joining him. If only it were that easy. Well I suppose it would be easier if the guy you had been interested in didn’t have a reputation for seeing multiple different girls, I remind myself. Images of Harry kissing that girl flash through my mind although I quickly erase them. It doesn’t matter who Harry hooks up with, it doesn’t involve me, we’re just friends. That’s all him and I will ever be.

..

*Harry’s POV*

It’s now late into the night, almost midnight. We finished the interview a few hours ago, however we went out to get some food in between because we were all starving. The lads and I were almost at the bar, entering through the back entrance as usual so that we don’t attract too much attention to ourselves. It’s hard to get out much when you’re being photographed at 90% of the time. I still manage though.

We enter and quickly and the thundering thump of the beat makes my eardrums rattle. The dance floor is a mess of sweaty bodies swaying to the rhythm of the music. I easily spot Emma through the crowd of people. It was like there was a spotlight on her, once my eyes found her they stay on her. I stop and admire her, taking in her ocean blue eyes that still shine even in the dimly lit space. I hadn’t even realized I had physically stopped in my tracks when Niall takes hold of my arm and guides me towards the table they had gotten for us. People automatically part for us once they recognize who we are.

We sit at the booth, my eyes still focused on Emma.

“Are you trying to kill somebody with that stare?” Niall asks he sits across from me. He follows my gaze, his eyes landing on Emma realization dawning on him, “Why don’t you just ask her out already mate? It’s not like you’ve never asked out your fair share of girls before,” Niall says nudging my shoulder.

“She’s different,” I snap.

“Sure she is,” Niall scoffs, “she was all over you when we played footy mate, I reckon she’d say yes,” Niall comments.

Would she say yes? She doesn’t really like me, I mean as friends, but it was going to take her a long time to consider being more than that. I know she used to have a crush on me, was it possible to bring it back? I think about approaching her; however Louis is already talking her up at the counter.

*Emma’s POV*

I cut Louis off, knowing he was soon going back to his table and I had to return to my job, I decide not to hesitate and just spit it right out, “There was a picture of Harry, on the internet. Why was he on the internet?” My eyes grow large, scared of what the answer is.

Louis seems thrown off by my question, but he quickly tries to compose himself, “On the internet? What’d you do find him on Facebook?” He jokes

“No.” I roll my eyes, “He was on the front page of an article, why?” Louis sighs heavily glancing back at Harry before turning back to address me.

“Ask Harry? I mean, it isn’t really a secret, but I think he should be the one to tell you.”

“Is it serious?” I reply, concerned.

“No! It’s not bad, it’s quite good actually,” Louis admits. “Just, promise me you won’t look into it, and just let Harry tell you when he’s ready?”

I nod reluctantly, I suppose if it was bad Louis would tell me. Maybe it’s not important, or I don’t have a right to know. I mean Harry and I have only been friends for about a week, why would he tell me anything?

“I’ll try not to look into it, but no promises. If he wants to be the one to tell me, make sure he does it soon because I don’t know how long I can last without knowing.” I say honestly.

“I’ll tell him that. Oh yeah, and I gave Harry your number,” I give him a scolding look, “I hope that’s alright.”

“What the hell Louis!” I scream.

“What? I thought you were friends.”

“We are, I’m just-“ I trail off.

“Why, because you’re afraid to get close to him?” Louis offers.

Scanning the crowd for Harry, I meet his eyes and I say to Louis, “yeah and getting my heart broken in the process.”

a/n

qotd: fav tv show? 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.3M 32.8K 82
Eva Jackson was that one girl in high school everyone knows about. Nearly all of them thought she was the coolest, most perfect person alive. But beh...
1.6M 55.1K 100
-Sequel to Almost Lover- Harry and Ava One year later and still apart. Neither can seem to move past the love they shared. But could a chance mee...
608K 13.7K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC