Chapter 15

I was done with Harry and his non sense. He has been gone for 5 minutes and I couldn't handle it anymore. I chug the rest of my wine and stand up. I grab my purse from the kitchen and walk towards the front door, intending on leaving. I shake my hair out of my face, and when I look up, I smash right into Harry.

"Where are you going?" He asks with a scared look on his face.

"Home." I side step him and open the door, only to have him slam it shut.

"Emma, please. Stay."

"Only if you explain." I say sternly. He stares blankly at me, like he doesn't know how to respond. Well if he won't talk, I sure will. "Seriously Harry, your pictures were on the front page of an article and now you have a personal stylist? Like honestly what the hell is that? This is ridiculous, and if you don't tell me I'm leaving."

"Emma. I can't."

"What is so bad about it that you can't tell me?!" I scream out.

"Look, it's not that I can't, I don't want to."

"Tell me why." He doesn't move, doesn't even breathe. "Now."

"Okay. Because you're the first girl I've ever met who hasn't been all over me because of who I am."

"Well who are you then?" Harry starts walking towards me, every step getting closer.

"Emma. Please."

"If you don't tell me I'm never going to talk to you. Ever." By now Louis was standing in the room, watching us closely. I step back away from Harry so Lou doesn't get the wrong impression.

"Go out with me to dinner on Friday, and at the end I swear I will tell you everything you want to know." He says seriously.

"What? No." I automatically recoil.

"Do you want to know or not?" Harry crosses his arms.

"You can't force me to go out with you!" I exclaim looking back at Louis for help, but he throws his hands up refusing to offer it. I look at Harry pleadingly hoping he'll crack, but he just stands in front of me expectantly. I put my head in my hands weighing out my options. I could just leave, walk out right now and not look back. Harry and I weren't even close friends, hell he has a ton of friends, he doesn't need me. He probably wouldn't care if I left right now...but, I would. I know I would. I have this opportunity right now to get as far away from him as possible, but I know I won't take it. I can't. Maybe we're not close friends, but I still consider Harry as a friend and I only have so little of them here. Losing him would hurt me, more than I would care to admit. "Do you promise to explain everything?" I inquire.

"Promise," Harry says. I look up at him and meet his heavy stare evenly.

"But," I warn raising my finger, "this is a onetime thing. We are not... we're not dating." I declare.

"Suit yourself," Harry laughs a smug smile settling on his lips.

...

"Hey Lou," I say into my phone.

"Hey Em, what's up?"

"Nothing much, I was wondering if you'd want to hangout this weekend?"

"Ehhhrmm, I have a couple things this weekend, but possibly, Sunday?" He replies.

"Sounds good, I don't work this weekend so, I will just be sitting in my apartment like a loser all weekend."

"You aren't a loser, maybe a loner, but certainly not a loser." He laughs. I hear some chatter in the background and I wonder who he's talking to.

"Hey, Em, whatever we're doing Sunday, can I bring Liam?"

"Yeah, sure." I say. I rack my brain knowing the name sounds familiar, but not being able to find the corresponding face.

"Great. Are you excited for tonight?" He says flirtingly.

"Tonight?" I say, acting like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

"Oh shut up, I know that's why you called."

"Okay maybe." I admit, "I'm just a bit nervous," I say sugar coating the truth. I am definitely much more than a "bit nervous."

"Why?" Louis asks.

"Well, uh," I start, "I'm just really nervous to find out what he's going to tell me." I lie confidently.

"That's a load," Louis remarks. I silently curse, I had always been a terrible liar.

"Has Harry said anything about it?" I ask being quick to change the subject.

"He said you were going to a restaurant," Louis answers.

"A restaurant? No? Really? I thought we were just going to have dinner at a bar." I comment sarcastically.

"Well that wouldn't have been the first time he's done that." I roll my eyes ignoring the fact that Harry has been with many girls before. Or that's what I've picked up. "I think he said it's a fancy restaurant." Louis offers.

 "Lou, you are completely useless, remind me to call someone else when I need help picking out a dress. I need to go into town to get a short fancy dress."

"No! Emma, you can't buy a dress!"

"What, why?" I can hear the loud thumping from someone knocking on the door. "Just a second!" I yell out to the person at the door. "Hold on, Lou, there's someone at the door." I march up to the door, clutching my phone between my shoulder and ear so that my hands are free. I swing open the door and am surprised that no one is there. I lean out into the hallway surveying the hall, but it is eerily vacant.

"What the-" I say as my eyes fall on a neatly folded blue dress. I lean downwards grabbing the soft material in my hands and I realize the colour of it is identical to my eyes. I am so mesmerized by its beauty that I don't even take in the high heels and multiple pieces of jewelry placed against the hallway wall. I reach to pick them up when my eyes find a small note with loopy handwriting beside the shoes. I read it out for Louis to hear, "'Emma, didn't want you to panic about buying an outfit. Put this on, I'll pick you up at 7. – Harry' That little shit! I can't believe he bought this for me, how did he even know what I'd like?"

"Lou, that girl that was helping me, remember her? She helped him pick it all out." Louis replies.

"That's," I can't even find words to describe the overwhelming feeling of  flattery because no one has ever done something like this for me before and anger because it all looks so expensive. "He shouldn't have."

"Yeah well, he did."

I analyze the dress again, it's rather short, but I suppose it was something Harry would choose.

"Well, I better get ready or something,"

"You have like 4 hours?" Louis asks.

"Yeah but for girls that's like 5 minutes." I say laughing.

"I'd better go, I'll call you after?"

"For sure, see you. Have fun."

"Thanks, bye Louis." I click the end button on my phone. I admire the dress again, falling back against my doorframe. This was going to be an interesting night. 

-

so i'm going to rowyso toronto (august 25th) and i'm going alone so like idk if anyone reading this is going and would want to say hi to me this is weird but like thought i'd just put this in here if anyone was !