Chapter 8

*Emma's POV*

Right after I hung up with Louis, he sent me a text of the address. It was a couple blocks away, far too close to take the Underground so I planned to leave early and walk. 

It had been so long since I played soccer and I was kind of excited. I wasn't fantastic, but I was fairly good. I would probably be rusty though, it had been a little while since I had last played. I have my old Copas from when I played, and I knew they would still fit because my feet haven't grown in years. I quickly start searching for them in boxes I've yet to unpack. 

I was not expecting Harry to pick up Louis' phone, and honestly I froze. Hearing his voice just set my mind on edge. However, it gave me little butterflies erupting in my stomach, slowly forming. How could I hate him and want to get to know him at the same time? That's insane, I barely know him. But he would be worth getting to know...

No, stop thinking like that. Harry is bad news. However, I like bad news... I wasn't the girl to date the extreme bad boy, but I would never go for someone so perfect. Harry proved to be arrogant and rude after that last night and a complete player. But he also cared, all he's done is try to help me. But my god I couldn't handle the way he just switches moods. 

I shake Harry from my thoughts and am thankful that a good game of soccer will take my mind off him. Working out was always an escape for me. Whenever I was frustrated or sad I would run for miles. I always enjoyed running, it was something fun to me. Maybe I should go for a run soon, it would help me learn the area better.

I walk to the bathroom and splash water over my face to help me wake up. I pull my hair out of the messy bun and smooth it down. I brush it a little so that it's less knotted and place it in a low pony. My hair almost reaches my waist and I smile. I always loved my long wavy ombre hair. It was probably my favourite thing about myself. I slip off my large black rayband glasses and put my contact lenses in. Only three people actually knew I had glasses, mom, dad, and Claire. I did my best to hide them. I hated them. They took up a lot of my face and made my eyes look huge. I decide to put on a little mascara, but not enough to really notice it. I brush my teeth quickly and drag myself to my bedroom.

I pull on a pair of spandex and then a pair of black adidas sweatpants that I love. It wasn't cold enough for shorts, so I figured I'd be fine in pants. I put my favourite sports bra on and then a cute Nike tank top that I had yet to wear. I check myself in the mirror, making sure that none of my tattoos would be visible. No one knew I had any, and I like to keep it that way. I loved my tattoos but they were for me and I prefer it that way. I thought about getting some more since I moved here, but I hadn't gotten around to it.

Finished getting ready, I check my phone to make sure Louis hadn't texted me. He didn't, but he said they'd be there around 1:30, so I had plenty of time to walk there. I grab my cleats and slug them over my shoulder and exit my apartment.

I ended up getting there quicker than I thought, and I sat waiting on a bench for Louis and Niall. I surfed around on my phone, constantly checking the time and looking up to search for the blonde haired boy with the Irish accent and the dark haired boy with the attractive tattoos.

My heart stops. I spot someone I wasn't expecting to see.

Harry is juggling a ball as he walks in my direction. Oh my god. I can't believe Louis.

Harry is followed by Niall and Louis. Louis runs up to Harry and easily pushes him away from the ball, taking it and dribbling towards me. Louis gets to me first and he flashes a giant smile. Before anyone else is there, I punch his stomach forcefully.

"Fooking he-" he says, bending over, clutching his stomach.

"You said he wouldn't be here!" I whisper angrily so that Harry doesn't hear me. He is still a fair bit away from me but still. Got to be careful.