Chapter 18

I fiddle with the pieces of my hair that have come out of my messy bun and tug on my oversized gray sweater. Liam and Louis should be here any minute and it's the first time I've seen them since I heard about them being "famous."

I don't really care that much about them being famous, it's just I have so many questions to ask. I don't even know where to begin. I'm pacing around my apartment waiting for the knock on the door, a million things going through my mind. As much as I tried it always came back to Harry.

I have no idea what to do with him.

I get why he didn't want to tell me because for some people that would probably change their whole perspective on him, but not me. He was still the same dickhead he always was.

However I couldn't figure out what kind of person he was because of all the videos and pictures I've seen of him. All of them saying he's a total womanizer. But from what I saw he was just an adorable confused teenager.

Who wasn't like him when they were young, right?

I jump a little when I hear somebody knocking on the door. Or two somebodies, knocking on the door repeatedly, getting louder each step I get closer.

"JESUS I'M COMING HOLD ON!" I yell out to my visitors.

I swing the door open and give a death glare to Louis and Liam, who just smile back at me.

"So good to see you guys," I say sarcastically.

"Awe, so great to see you too love," Liam replies. Louis pushes past me, inviting himself in. Liam follows him as they explore my apartment. I slam the door shut, creating a large bang, but they don't even flinch. I shake my head, laughing silently to myself.
I follow after them, finding them in my living room, which currently has my laptop open. I quickly close it, quickly carrying it to my room before they notice it.

I return with them sprawled out across my living room, how plesant.

"Really, again, it's so great to see you guys." I repeat sarcastically.
Liam winks at me, which causes me to slightly blush.

"This is a lovely apartment," Liam finally says, "how did you manage such a great place?"

I liked to think my apartment was quite nice, it was perfect for me.
I go to speak, and I can see Louis watching me funny, what's his problem? "Thanks Liam, good timing I guess." Louis knew that Harry was with me when I got my apartment, I suppose he thinks that he was more the reason for it.

I start thinking about how we saw another apartment, which was well out of my budget and how Harry took such interest in it. How did I not notice him?

"Hey, Lou, is Harry looking for an apartment?" I say awkwardly, hoping we don't stay on the topic for too long.

"Uhh, I think he was, but he stopped about a month ago, why?"
Liam looks at me and smiles, "oi, do you want him to move in with you?"
I let out a loud laugh, trying to get myself stable before I respond, "me living with Harry? Are you mad? I'd probably murder him in his sleep!" I finally stop laughing, beginning to answer Louis question, "I remember when he was with me, I think he was looking at an apartment in this building." My voice getting quieter as I finish.

"Wouldn't surprise me, I told you he fancied you." Louis remarks.

"Yeah, he does." Liam seconds Louis.

"Seriously, that's bullshit. Don't start with me," I threaten them.

They both throw their hands up, and start laughing. I instantly go beat red, pulling again at my sweater.

I glare at them, before I take a seat next to Liam. I guess I could start asking them questions, but I really didn't want to bombard them, they probably get that all the time. I open my mouth, however I'm cut off from someone's ring tone. Great.

"Hey mate," Liam says, holding the phone to his ear. I can't hear the voice at the other end, but I can make out a deep voice.

"Yeah, we're at Emma's, why?" He says, glancing at me.

"Nah, man I don't think she'd like that." Were they talking about me?

"Yeah, I mean I can try to find out."

"No, I won't be obvious, I swear. See ya." He says, seriously.

"Who was that?" Louis broadly asks.

"Harry. He wants me to find out if you fancy him." My eyes go wide, seriously, what lengths would Harry go to figure this out.

I start laughing, remembering how Liam wasn't supposed to be 'obvious'.
"I've already told him, definitely not."

"You know not all the tabloids are true." Louis says. Finally, something about them being famous. I just want to ask them questions.

"What tabloids?" I pretend not to take too much interest in the subject.

"Oh, shut up, I know you probably read everything you could."
I sigh, he knows me too well, "okay fine, I know what you're talking about, but that's not why I don't fancy him. He's a douchebag."

"Well, we all know that love," Liam starts, "but it doesn't mean he's a terrible person."

"Whatever, why does it matter?"
They both stay quiet, looking like they're hiding something from me.

"Well, you could at least be his friend, that would make him happy."

"Mind you own business Lou," I snap back.

"Ouu, feisty." Liam says, raising his eyebrows.

"Shut up." And that was the end of that conversation. I can vaguely hear Louis and Liam talking around me, but for the most part I've zoned out. I totally forget everything that I wanted to say to them, and my mind was swimming with thoughts of Harry. Did I really want to go down that road with him?

a/n 

on the road again