Chapter 36

“We need to talk. Right now.” Harry says.

“No, I don’t want to talk, you need to leave.” I try slamming the door close but he steps inside, brushing past me.

“I’m leaving tomorrow, and I’m not going to leave knowing we are not alright. I am here to make this work.”

“I left your stuff in your apartment, there’s no reason for you to be here.” I state.

“See, you didn’t though, did you?” My eyes went wide, I didn’t think he’d noticed.  “I went through it, all my stuff. And my sweater is still missing, the one you’d always wear around the flat, or when you were cold and you’d throw it over your perfect outfit.” He says with that cold smirk on his face. I pray for my sake that he doesn’t look in the bedroom because that exact sweater he’s talking about is discarded on the floor from me wearing it that day.

“It’s probably in the wash or something, I forgot it. I’ll give it to Niall to give back.” I propose.

“You can’t shut me out like this, Emma. You can’t shut Louis out. It’s inevitable, we’re going to end up together and you know it. I know just as well as you do that we cannot survive without each other. And you know, it drives me mad. Knowing that you’re the source of my happiness and my pain, and only you can control it.”

“I did not force you to use your money on me!”

“I did it to be with you!”

“From the moment you met me, did I want your money?”

“No.”

“So why did you continue to do it anyways?”

“I just wanted us to be together. And we are. Shouldn’t you be happy?”

“I’m happy that we are together but I’m upset that you had to use your money to get us here! This is your fault.”

“I am sorry, but I need you. I’ll stop paying if it makes you feel better, I’ll stop everything, but I need you to be with me.”

“Not right now, just give me space.”

“I don’t want to give you space!” He screams on the verge of tears.

“Well I didn’t want your money but look how that turned out! Either get out of my apartment right now and let me think about us, or I’m going to call the cops and we are done right now.”

“Okay, calm down there…”

“Don’t you dare tell me to calm down! I am stuck between how creepy and disappointed I am in you, and the fact that I love you more than any person I’ve met! And now I’m faced with this decision and I don’t know what to do! Just get out of my apartment!”

I push him towards the door, and he turns to me before he leaves, “I’ll call you!”

“Don’t bother!” I scream back, slamming the door.

Even though I was done with his lying and his money, I was more scared that I may never see him again.

-

A few weeks later and I had heard nothing from Harry or Louis. I wasn’t sure if I should be relieved or sad about it. Niall called all the time to check on me, and he always told me how miserable Louis and Harry were without me in their lives. I wasn’t ready to forgive them for what they did though, it was going to take time.

I was up late editing some scripts for the BBC, I got promoted and I now edit scripts for both ‘Bad Education’ and ‘Doctor Who’ and the workload was starting to get thicker and thicker. I feel a vibration coming from my butt and I realize I’m sitting on my phone. I grab it to find a text from Louis.