Chapter 4

that picture of Louis tho am i right

My mouth drops. I'm frozen, in shock. I definitely did not plan to ever see him again. I erase my mind from its cloudy muddled state and quickly finish up with my current customer, my eyes never breaking from the group of boys.

My eyes focus on the one leading the pack: he has darker skin and black hair with the sides shaved leaving the top long and loopy. He wears a red plaid shirt and a slim tank top with some sort of unfamiliar design on it. He is laughing with the long haired brunette boy who's wearing a jean jacket and a low plain white t-shirt underneath. He has a scruffy look to him, and the low cut of his shirt reveals part of a written tattoo across his chest. Next is another boy wearing a black t-shirt which compliments his arrow tattoo going up his arm, with a plaid shirt tied around his waist. He hides his hair with a black snap back. He's turning to look behind him at a blonde haired boy, and judging by what I can hear from him, he's definitely Irish. He's also sporting a snap back, although it has the Lakers logo on it. And lastly, Harry. He comes in last with a gorgeous girl clutching his arm. He's wearing much different clothing from when I first met him. His hair is done the same, long and unruly, yet he wears a buttoned down shirt and slacks. Classy, he cleans up nice. They're definitely the best looking group of boys I've ever seen.

Still, with an attractive group of boys comes an attractive group of girls. About 7 other girls run after them staring at them like they are God's. They all struggle to keep up with the group of boys and desperately try to hold their attention. Even in the dimness of the club I can see their caked on makeup and barely there dresses.

I snap out of my day dream to hear Becca screaming at me to make a drink. I look back at the angry customers in front of me and rush to get everything they've said. I didn't notice how busy we had gotten since they had gotten here.

"JAMIE! Put that book down and get out here!" I scream into the back room as I juggle three glasses and a bottle of vodka. He rushes up and takes in the insane crowd. He rolls up his sleeves like he's getting ready for battle and plunges right into work. It's mesmerizing watching him and Becca work because they've been doing this for so long that their motions are swift and precise. They know exactly what they're doing while I'm still trying to get the hang of things. This is ridiculous. This is the busiest it's been for me, although I'm somewhat grateful for it as it keeps my attention from returning back to Harry and his group of friends.

Between customers I keep sneaking a look at him and each time he's got a different girl on his lap. He looks disinterested in them all but they keep coming on to him vying for his attention. Two girls fawn over the ones in snap backs and the boy in the jean jacket sits isolated from the group. None of the girls seem to come onto the boy with the jean jacket. I lock eyes with the jean jacket boy and he smiles and stares back. Harry catches his gaze and turns his head to follow it to me. I quickly notice and turn around to face the back hoping that he didn't notice me. Grabbing everything I can to stall, I finally realize I can't hide forever.

I hold my breath and spin around so that my face is visible for the crowd of people. I release my breath in a sigh of relief and thank my stars that none of them are looking at me. They seemed to have all taken more interest in the girls although I still see jean jacket boy sneaking secret glances at me and I can't help but blush.

Trying to handle this massive crowd while having a boy eye me up was difficult work. I was in the middle of yelling at an overly drunk guy who was trying to start a fight to get out of the bar before I called the cops when jean jacket boy came up to the front.

I notice once he's closer that he looks much skinnier than I assumed. The swallows of his cheeks look empty and looking at his wrists they look barely bigger than mine. So of couse it shocks me when he speaks, "Hey, you heard her, get out."