I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 33.

157K 1.3K 185
By kixrsty

Harry's POV

"Well where did you last see her?" Louis said trying to rationalize the situation.

"I was stood with her, she went to sit down, she wasn't feeling good or something." I said as I felt like pulling out my hair.

"Have you looked outside? She might have gone to get some fresh air."

"I've checked she's nowhere in sight."

"Would she just walk off?"

"I don't know, maybe someone-"

"Don't start making irrational assumptions."

"I know, I'm just worried, what if." I said stressing.

"Look, we'll take a ride around the town and see if we spot her, if not we call the fuzz."

"I don't know."

"She's probably fine, stop stressing, you'll start stressing me out." Louis tried to joke.

"Sorry." I sighed.

"Okay, skates all handed back, we're ready to go." Liam announced as he walked back over.  I couldn't have gotten out of that building any faster than I did.

"She'll be fine." Niall said trying to comfort me, I felt like her mother right now, worrying so much, I couldn't even explain the feeling in my stomach.

"You don't know that!" I snapped at him.

"Woah, Haz, calm down he was only trying to be supportive." Louis defended Niall.

"Sorry." I repeated. Niall half smiled at my response, I don't normally snap so it was probably a shock to him.

Delilah's POV

It was definitely getting closer to the winter, I really should have word a coat but it was too late now, I hugged my arms around my body, trying to protect as much body heat as possible. I kicked a lonely pebble along as I dragged my body through the streets, it was going to be a long walk, my phone was almost dead and I didn't have my headphones with me. I could have used this time to think, but there was nothing left to think about. I like Harry, he doesn't like me back, I can't change that. The pebble I was kicking slipped onto the road and was out of reach, I sighed, another thing gone from my life, it held no significance though.

"Hey!" Someone shouted. I turned around to see a car with the passenger window down. "Hey!" They shouted again sticking their head out of the window. I was anxious whether to approach the car or not but they continued to shout. I cautiously walked over, once I reach the car I kept a safe distance away from the car.

"Can I help?" I muttered at the middle aged guy in the car.

"We're lost." He stated.

"Okay..."

"We're looking for Pioneer Avenue, do you know how to get there?"

"You're on Pioneer Avenue." I stated matter-of-factly. There was massive street signs either end of the road.

"We are?"

"Yes, were you looking for a particular address?"

"Number 31?"

"It's down the street and on the left hand side." I replied before walking away.

"Thanks!" He shouted back. I shrugged my shoulders at his response and continued to walk down the streets. It was just about the afternoon and the sun was in the middle of the sky, it however wasn't doing its job probably, it's providing light but a nice bit of heat would suffice too. The walk was dragging on, every time I looked up to see how far I had gone it felt like I was moving backwards, I was hardly making any progress, I just wanted to be at home, I just wanted to sleep in my bed, alone. My thoughts were interrupted by the continuous beeping of a car horn. The noise was grinding on me so I turned around, typical, it had to be Louis' car didn't it? I thought. I turned back around, pretending not to see them. This would have been a lot easier if they weren't in a car and I could walk faster. They pulled up a couple feet away from the way I was heading, there was no point turning around so I carried on walking still pretending not to acknowledge they were there.

"Delilah!" Harry called, I could tell he was clambering out the car, I heard the door slam shut, only one door, he was on his own. "Delilah?" He shouted in a questioning manner as I continued on. He was fast approaching me but I refused to stop. "Delilah, what is going on?" He pleaded, his feet now in step with mine. "Delilah what have I done now?" He asked, he was getting annoyed. "What is wrong with you?" He almost shouted even though he was stood right next to me. "Delilah will you just say something?" He said in the same tone of voice. "Did I do something to upset you? Delilah? Delilah?! Will you just tell me what's wrong, what did I do?"

"You didn't do anything!" I shouted back startling him.

"Then why are you ignoring me?" He responded. I didn't exactly know what to say so I remained silent. "Delilah, just talk to me." He said quieting down a bit. I stopped and turned to face him, his face looked so helpless, I didn't know what to do so I turned back and continued walking. "It will take you hours to get home."

"I don't care."

"Did I say something?" He asked again. "Is it something to do with Cameron?" I didn't respond. "What did Cameron say to you?" I still remained silent. "Delilah, what did he say?" He asked getting serious. "Delilah?" I stopped in my tracks again but this time I didn't face him.

"He asked if you were my boyfriend." I whispered.

"What?" He asked since I didn't speak loud enough for human ears to hear.

"He asked if you were my boyfriend." I repeated a lot louder, I was almost shouting.

"What did you say?" I didn't expect him to ask that.

"I said you're not, because you're not."

"So what's the problem?"

"You're the problem." I stated vaguely. We both continued to walk as the conversation heated up.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" He said looking worried.

"I don't know." I replied massaging my temples.

"Tell me what's going through your head." He pleaded grabbing my hands in his. We both halted on the empty pavement, Louis was driving his car along the side of the road slowly watching the events unfold.

"I can't." I sighed.

"You can."

"I can't."

"Can't or won't?" He asked raising his eyebrows. I squeezed my eyes shut, in all honesty I could tell me but I wasn't sure if I should. "Whatever you have to say, say it."

"What if you don't like what I have to say?"

"I'm a big boy, I can handle it." He joked.

"I'm not in the mood to joke." I replied before walking off.

"Delilah, bloody hell just tell me what's wrong!" He shouted getting annoyed again/

"You're what's wrong!" I shouted back.

"What did I do?!" He shouted back. I could feel the walls crumbling down around me.

"You played me like a fool!" I retorted.

"What?" He asked confused.

"You act all nice to me now, you kiss me, you play all these games with me, stop leading me on!" I shouted back.

"What?!" He said in confusion and annoyance.

"I like you!" I shouted giving in to everything I had ever believed in, I can't keep things hidden anymore, he had broken down my walls once and for all.

"What?" He repeated again in a more calm voice.

"I don't know, you were always so vile to me but you showed me another side to you, when I kiss you I feel something I've never felt before, you give me butterflies, you make me nervous when you shouldn't. I like you Harry Styles and I can't help it." I said breaking down, the tears were streaming down my face, I don't care who was watching. Harry stood there lifeless, this wasn't the reaction I wanted. "And you're just leading me on, it's all fun and games for you." I sniffled.

"So you think me taking you out on dates, singing to you, sneaking in your house and kissing you is all fun and games?" He asked walking towards me.

"I don't know what else to believe." I replied honestly.

"Why don't you believe me?" He sighed, I didn't know what to say. "I'm not playing games, I take you and I very seriously, I'm not leading you on and I like you to." He said sincerely.

"You're just saying that because I'm stood here on the pavement crying like an idiot."

"I'm really not, I really like and have done for a while." He admitted.

"Then why, why didn't you, ask me." I sniffled.

"Ask you to be my girlfriend?" He finished for me, I nodded, still embarrassed I asked that. "I wanted to give you time, you just got out of a rough relationship, I didn't want to pressure you into anything, and I didn't know you felt the same way." I looked up into his eyes, I was fishing for lies but I couldn't sense any. "Do you believe me now?" He asked wiping the tears from my eyes. All I could do was nod, I was lost for words. He moved in closer ready to kiss me, but I couldn't allow myself to do this anymore. I placed my hand on his chest urging him to stop, he opened his eyes and delved into mine. "What?" He asked confused.

"I can't do this until I know where we stand." I admitted looking down. He grabbed my chin and pulled my head gently upwards so I was looking back into his eyes.

"I know where I want us to stand." He said, his thumb rubbing along my cheek. "I wanted to do this is in a more romantic place than Pioneer Boulevard." He chuckled. "But this will have to do, Delilah, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, the words coming out of his mouth gave me those butterflies again, this time all over my body. I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips lightly against his until he kissed back, I wrapped my arms around his neck whilst his arms snaked around my back. His kisses were always perfect, his lips pressing into mine sparked a fire in my heart. The amount of passion in the kiss made me want it to last forever, when we both needed air we broke apart, resting our foreheads against each other.

"Is that a yes?"

"I'd love to be your girlfriend." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 23 8
Amna and her best friend Mackenzie think their lives are going perfectly, until a special boyband come's to their school, and everyone is drooling ov...
4.4K 193 33
The typical high school Harry fanfic! *ON HOLD* All Rights Reserved To @larryoverall
5.3K 229 24
4 girls tricked by a fake Harry Styles kik account and a new friendship that stars between these 4 girls! After a while there dreams come true includ...
6.1K 235 26
harry styles is the new kid at school. he doesn't know anyone. yet louis tomlinson is just a normal student that a lot of people like. but then they...