Love The Hurt Away

By LourDarden

After two years from when Dessiah and her daughter Delaney were thrown out of her home in the rain by her tri... More

Love The Hurt Away
When Opportunity knocks
Crossroads (Let Go Let God)
To Follow A Dream or Not To Follow A Dream?
Late Nights, Last Night (Part 1)
Temporary Goodbyes (Part 2)
Hello,Tokyo (Part 3)
Take My Breath Away (Part4)
So.....Who you with?
More Than A Conquer
Scattered Ideas
Game Changer
If Only You Knew
Are You Paris?
Paris
Get It Together (Late Night Dinners)
Breaking Point
Sights
Falling
Live Your Truth
Double Team
Are You Awake
Here With You
Protected By Him
Go Back
Fatal Warnings (Part 1)
Go Hard Or Go Home
Whose Up
"Lord Keep Me Near The Cross"
Dessiah POV
Party Pooper
Set The Record Straight
Help!
I love you
Too Much Too Soon (Official Chapter)
Cherry Blossoms (Official Chapter)
His Quality Time (Official Chapter)
The Date Is Set(HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT)
To Tell him or not to tell is the question (Official Chapter Part 2)
problem
Fix It Jesus! (Official Chapter Part 2)
One Man, Several Problems (Official Chapter"
"I cant Believe I'm Here" (Official Chapter)
Did You
Paris Dreams (official Chapter part 2)
Until You Come Back to me Decision
Final Product
HONEY HERES AN UPDATE
DID YOU?
Official Chapter "Altered Plans"
Official Chapter "Unknown Messenger"
Worth More
Farther Along The Journey (Chapter)
Did you?
NOLA Baby (part1)
No Harm No Known Foul
Big Easy Ain't So Easy
The Big Payback
One Loss, One Unexpected Surprise(Chapter)
Be Careful What You Pray For
Everything Comes To The Light
FOR YOU
Do You Still Love Her?
In Search Of His Heart
Have You Seen Her
Visitors
Giving Up
Breaking, Broken, Risen
Give Me Whats Mine (Official Chapter) pt 1
"Past Demons Resurrected" Part 2
For My Love
Hanging On For Love (Official Chapter)
coming
Shots Fired (Official Chapter)
Twenty-Fucking-Nine
Epilogue(Official Chapter)
Get YOUR COPY
New Story coming

Don't Let Me Down

3.1K 291 141
By LourDarden

*DON'T FORGET TO PLAY THE SONG UP ABOVE WHEN ITS SAYS TO. ENJOY*

Don't Let Me Down

Detrick pulled up in front of Dessiah's apartment to a swarm of people and reporters outside. He cautiously made his way up the stairs to her home that was just as full with police taking pictures and looking for clues to explain how a child could just up and disappear. Once in the door he looked through all the unfamiliar faces to find Lisa sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.

"Lisa?" He called out slowly approaching. She looked up and felt a sense of relief knowing that Detrick had made it there to try and make sense of things.

"Detrick. Thanks for coming." She hugged him.

"Where's Dessiah?" He asked.

"She's in the room. She doesn't want to see anybody right now, then again you're not just anybody."

"Is she okay?"

"No. I've never seen her like this before. I mean I've seen her hurt and extremely emotional but not like this. It's almost like something has snapped. She just sits there in a daze."

"Can I see her?"

"Sure. Come on." Lisa led him down the hall to Dessiah's room. Aside from the noisy house, her room was quiet, almost still. Detrick ached at the sight of Dessiah lying on her side facing the window. She hadn't moved even when he entered the room.

"De... Detrick is here to see you." She didn't respond. Lisa looked up at Detrick hopeless. He nodded and she headed out closing the door for them to be alone. Detrick stood at the foot of the bed completely unsure of what to say that could alleviate the overwhelming pain that she was feeling. He slowly walked over to her and she didn't move to acknowledge him. Her gaze was fixed on the dark window with only the brightness from the moon and the police lights highlighting her face. Detrick crawled on the bed behind her and sat up against the headboard. He sighed searching for the words to say but nothing came out. Knowing that there was so much to say and so much that couldn't be said he decided to let music do it for him. It could only help since it seemed to calm her. Pulling out his cellphone and put on Amel Larrieux "Don't Let Me down". *Play song here*

Detrick reached for her hand that laid on her side but she didn't even respond to that gesture. He turned his body to spoon hers and lay quietly with the song playing in the background. With him close her breath became heavy and he took that as an acknowledgement of his presence. His head above hers he whispered into her ear.

"Dessiah I'm here for you Baby. I know your hurting right now and so am I. I promise you with every breath in my body we're going to get our little girl back. I promise we'll find her. I love you De." He gently kissed her head. Dessiah remained motionless with only her breathing and blinking signaling she was alive. Although at this very moment she felt dead inside. Her baby was gone and there was no indication who took her. Was Delaney alive? Was she hurt? Had she eaten? Was she scared? Dessiah felt like maybe she wasn't fit to even be her mother since everything bad she had experienced was while she was in her care. There were no words to express her anger and disappointment. Was someone standing over her with a magnifying glass trying to burn her alive? When was enough, enough? How much must one go through in a lifetime to be considered strong? If this was what it took to build strength then Dessiah would gladly pass. What she would give to just hear Delaney call her mommy again? To hear her goofy laugh or transparent perspective.

"Lord where is my baby? Is she alright?" Dessiah silently prayed for her safety and drifted off to sleep.

3 Hours Later

Dessiah's apartment had calmed as the police cleared out and reporters left the grounds. Few people from the neighborhood remained around open to help. Many had agreed to post fliers around the neighborhood.

Detrick and Dessiah remained asleep when the door opened jerking them out of their sleep.

"Dessiah I got you some din-..." Detrick looked at the man who had woke him standing in the doorway."

"Detrick." He dryly greeted.

"Shandon." Detrick retorted. Shandon had jumped on a flight earlier that day to race to Dessiah. Thankfully from New York was only a 2 hour flight. As soon as he reached he immediately went to work. Printing fliers, passing them out, making sure people were aware.

Something inside of him turned seeing Detrick next to Dessiah, something deep and ravenous. Shandon lived in another state and he still got to her faster than Detrick who lived across town. The nerve of this man to lay next to this wonderful woman whom he left alone instead of understanding her situation. Showing her the compassion that she deserved.

"Dessiah I got you some soup to eat." He rested the bag on her dresser. She lifted her body to sit up and Detrick took it as if she were trying to put distance between them. He moved to sit on the otherside of the bed with his feet planted on the ground.

"Thanks Shandon but I don't feel like eating." Detrick looked over his shoulder surprised that she had answered. Shandon walked towards her and sat on the bed close to her leg.

"Sweetheart you gotta eat something." He moved hair from her face.

"If she said she's not hungry then don't make her eat." Detrick instructed.

"Says who?" Shandon looked over to him.

"Says me!

"Yea but I don't remember asking you shit!"

"You didn't have to, I know what's best for my lady."

"Your lady? YOUR LADY?" Shandon stood from the bed.

"I didn't stutter!"

"So the same LADY THAT YOU LEFT HANGING?"

"Man YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT US AND WHAT WE'RE GOING THROUGH!"

"I KNOW ENOUGH TO SEE YOU AIN'T WORTH HER TIME OR ENERGY!"

"Guys." Dessiah said calmly but it fell on deaf ears. Men in their ego meant everything went unheard. "Guys!"

"OH AND YOU ARE?" Detrick stepped forward to face Shandon.

"I'M MORE OF MAN THAN YOU ARE!"

"YOU AIN'T SHIT! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!"

"AIN'T NO HYPE JUST FACTS!" Shandon stepped closer.

"You better watch your mouth playboy!" Detrick said through gritted teeth.

"What? You might be my boss during the day but HOMEY WE AIN'T AT WORK! WHATS GOOD NIGGA!" Shandon pushed into Detrick's chest forcing him to take a step back. Dessiah sat staring at them with little strength to even break it up. She could see Detrick was trying to hold himself back from attacking Shandon, especially when he looked at her blank face. "That's what I thought! You wanna talk about what's best for her and yet you left her and her child! WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU EVEN SAW DELANEY? YOU DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYBODY BUT YOURSELF. NOT DESSIAH, NOT DELANEY, NOT-..." At that moment Detrick had enough and punched Shandon in the mouth. When he saw the blood from his lip he leaped forward tackling Detrick to the ground. Blow for blow they went for each other.

"Will YOU GUYS STOP?!"Dessiah yelled. Lisa ran in the doorway seeing them tussle on the ground while things around them fell on the floor. Two of the volunteers that had been in the living room came to break it up. Once off of the ground they kept trying to reach for one another. Lisa stood between them. "Stop! STOP!" She put her hand open on Shandons chest to push him back when her eyes widened in surprise. "Damnnnn he got muscles"

"Man fuck you! YOU AIN'T NO MAN!"Shandon yelled.

"COME ON THEN I'LL BEAT YO ASS AGAIN!" They wrestled to get out of their restraints just to get one more hit on one another.

"GET OUT! EVERYBODY GET YOUR SHIT AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW!" Everyone's attention went to Dessiah standing on top of her bed. She screamed to the top of her lungs as tears welled in her eyes.

"Baby, I'm sorry!" Detrick apologized.

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR APOLOGIES OR YOUR PUNK ASS SONGS. GET YOUR SHIT AND GET OUT!" She took his phone and threw it at the door. "MY DAUGHTER IS GONE! MY BABY IS SOMEWHERE THAT I DON'T KNOW WITH GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENING TO HER. AND YOU TWO ARE STANDING HERE HAVING A DICK MEASURING CONTEST! IF THIS IS HOW YOU'RE GOING TO BE THEN LEAVE. WE DON'T NEED YOU! I'LL FIND MY BABY ON MY OWN!" Dessiah sat down hanging her head. Detrick reached out to touch her shoulder but she just pulled away from his touch. At that moment he knew he wasn't wanted and made his way out of her room. Everyone else soon followed. Dessiah went and slammed the door locking it behind them.

//////////////////////

The sound of chains were the closet sound Delaney could hear other than her heavy breathing. She awoke to complete darkness in a confined space that wouldn't even allow her to stand.

"HELLO? ANYBODY THERE?" Her voice echoed through the cold space. "MOMMY! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?" She yelled.

"I can hear you." A calm voice came to her. "If you want me to keep hearing you then you're going to have to stop yelling. We don't want anything to happen to that voice of yours. Suddenly a dim light came on in the far corner distance. It was that small glint that confirmed what she had sensed, she was in a cage. How big she couldn't tell or even fully see. The figure that stood before her was a nothing more than a dark shadow.

"You need to eat this!" The figure said hand her a folded plate between the bars.

"What is it?"

"Food."

"I don't want it!"

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CHOICE?" The figure yelled.

"I want to go home!" Delaney whined.

"This is your home."

"NO ITS NOT! I WANT TO GO HOME. I WANT MY MOM AND DAD NOW!"

"Listen you little shit, you either eat what I gave you or you don't eat at all. If you don't eat then you don't drink either."

"Please!" Delaney begged.

"Begging don't mean shit to me! Suit yourself!" The figure descended into the thick darkness turning off the small light. Only the sounds of a huge metal door slamming could be heard. Delaney sat back against what she assumed was a pillow and held her legs tightly to her chest. She did the only thing she knew to do that had been taught to her. She prayed.

"Lord God, I'm so scared. Oh boy that's not how I'm supposed to start a prayer. Lord heavenly father thank you for another day. Forgive me for my sins, things I've said done and even thought that weren't of you. God I'm scared and I'm cold. I just want to go home and be with my mommy. I don't want anything for Christmas but to be with my mommy and Daddy. Lord if I die will you protect my mommy and Detrick. Let them know that it's not their fault. Bring them back together so that if I die and they don't have me, they will at least have each other. In Jesus name amen." Delaney rocked back and forth to soothe herself. She tried to think of happy thoughts to be her light in the darkness. The thought that came to mind was in fact a memory. Detrick, Dessiah and her in Japan on the river under the cherry blossoms. Laughing at each other, amazed by the view, and surrounded by the love of one another. She knew somehow some way God was going to answer at least one of her prayers. Which? She didn't know. "Don't let me down God. Please."/////////////

OMG CAN WE TALK!!!LORD THAT WAS INTENSE. SHANDON AND DETRICK FINALLY FOUGHT !!!! OH BOY.. I CAN'T WITH LISA AND THE MUSCLES AHAHAHAHA DESSIAH IS SO BROKEN HEARTED. DID YALL PLAY THE SONG? I JUST FOUND OUT MY MOM GOT INTO A CAR ACCIDENT YESTERDAY AND HAS ANOTHER CONCUSSION. MY DAD HAD SURGERY YESTERDAY AND THANKFULLY MADE IT HOME. IN ALL HONESTY AFTER ALL THAT THE ONLY THING I WANTED TO DO WAS WRITE FOR YOU GUYS. I DIDNT WANT TO GO SEE ANYONE BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO BE SAD. I WANTED TO USE THE GREAT DAY I HAD AND USE THAT TO MAKE SOMEONE ELSES DAY BETTER. SO I HOPE THIS CHAPTER MADE YOUR DAY BETTER. NOW YOU GUYS WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND. WE MADE IT TO 300,000 READS GUYS OMG. HONEYBEES CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I CANT. WHAT A JOURNEY. THANK YOU FOR NOT GIVING UP ON ME OR THIS STORY. OKAY SO I WANT TO UPDATE TWICE TONIGHT SO I'LL MAKE THE VOTES EASY FOR YOU 105 VOTES AND 100 COMMENTS. LOVE YALL MUAH. OH YEA P.S DOESN'T THAT SOUND CRAZY ABOUT WHERE DELANEY IS? HMMM THAT BABY HAS A HEART OF GOLD. PRAYING FOR OTHERS EVEN THOUGH SHES SCARED. SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO STEP OUT OF WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH...THAT DARKNESS THAT WE ARE FEELING TO PRAY FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND KNOW THAT GOD ISNT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN IN YOUR SITUATION.RECEIVE THAT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92 41 11
Naomi West fled her wedding to the most feared billionaire of the state. Five years later, she has to come back home for work. But things take a diff...
1.6M 24.3K 41
Taylour has what seems like the perfect life. A loving and successful husband, two wonderful children, and a non-profit organization that is a staple...
25.2K 743 19
Mikai has always thought differently. He doesn't think that people should live a certain way just because society dictates it. He is a successful bus...
72K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...